Porto Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua do Almada 317, Porto, Portugal

Can I say, best hostel ever?

The hostel is great, everything very well organized, clean and the staff are very friendly as well.

• 12th May 2015

Having never travelled alone before, the Porto Lounge Hostel was perfect for me. The hostel was centrally located and offered free walking tours daily! The staff was very kind and extremely helpful. The only downside of the hostel was that there seemed to be a lot of small fees and deposits (10€ key deposit, 3€ towel deposit, 0.25€ per printed page etc.)

The Location was excellent and the hostel is very chic. The common area and kitchen are fantastic with everything you could need to stay in and cook your own meals. The staff were friendly and overall I really enjoyed my stay. The upstairs bedroom floors were extremely creaky and it made quite a bit of noise when you are trying to sleep and I did think in the unisex bathrooms the frosted shower doors were fairly see-through so it didnt give much privacy for showering.

the bathroom layout and design is perfect! my husband & I are travel to many places and this bathroom has give us a very good impression. It only serve 2 rooms' guest & the basin also built for only 2! Security is very good as only the 2 rooms' guest can access the room area. The staff are very friendly & helpful also. Kitchen is clean and well equipped but if they can clean up the fridge once in a month will be good because a lot of food has expired.Overall we are very satisfy this hostel!”

Great location, great room, great staff. I definitely recommend this hostel!

Very nice place!!!! Totally worth money!!! Maybe I am a girl and I like the atmosphere, quiet and clean :)) Even we live in a 10 persons' dorm, we could not feel crowded. Very good location and helpful staff :)

So so so nice! We loved our stay and recommend it to everyone visiting porto! Couldn't have been cleaner or cuter.

The hostel was almost perfect. Super nice staff, extremly clean and good facilities. (Two toilets and showers for a 8 bed dorm!!!) Located in the city center, nice terrace in the backyard. The breakfast was above average, but some real juice (not just the powder thing), some fruits and not just breakfast until 10 would make it perfect.

Great! Awesome! Best stay we could have in Porto. The Lounge-Hostel-Team is very friendly; we enjoyed a fresh breakfast every morning in a beautiful atmosphere. Our room was clean and modern. The bathroom is amazing! (Better than my own one... :)) At least I can say that I love this place, the Almada-Street with its workshop-cafés near-by and the cool bar next door. Fell in love with Porto!

• 16th Mar 2015

We are three girls and stayed in a female dorm. The room was really nice and the hostel is very modern. We felt safe at all times because strangers cannot just enter the hostel as the door must be opened by the receptionist. The breakfast was included and good. The staff was really friendly and made us feel welcome. It's only a 7 minute walk from the main train station and like 3 minutes walk to the centre.

Friendly staff, good kitchen and dining area and nice breakfast. The shared bathrooms are spacious and clean. The whole place has been recently renovated, so everything is very modern.

The only negative point is that the floor is too noisy, so when someone get in the room, everyone hear it.

Needed to supply your own lock but none of my locks were big enough to attach. Every locker had a Wall socket which was kind of convenient

Hi! Thanks for your review! We do have padlocks at the reception to lend to all our guests. Maybe you didn't tell the staff you needed one. Wish to see you again soon so you have an even better experience

Staff was incredibly nice

A good hostel in a good location. Has everything you would expect but with a few touches above the normal standard. Fast and elegantly wall-mounted computers in the reception. Chic, minimalist and super-clean decor and bathrooms. Good-sized dorms with nice bed pods. The door from the street requires buzzing in from reception or opening manually so I felt sorry for the staff who have to keep running back and forth to open it and sometimes I felt obliged to get up and let people in myself.

One of the best hostels we've been. The hostel was very clean, the rooms comfortable with a very warm rain-shower.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Hostel was clean, light and a double room was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was very nice that the hostel had some snacks and drinks for sale.

I only can suggest this hostel to everyone! It is a nice and clean location directly in the city center or Porto.

• 29th Oct 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Porto Lounge! This was my first time in Porto and didn't know much about the city. The staff was very knowledgeable and kind. They gave me several suggestions of things to do/see and answered every one of my questions. The hostel was very clean and modern. I would definitely stay here again!