Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Best hostel I've been to after travelling for 8 months. Great facilities, great breakfast, nice rooms and hot water. Couldn't recommend it higher!

• 21st Apr 2015

Delightful spot. Cooking arrangements more than adequate. Beautiful patios and gardens. Staff very helpful. Price most reasonable. Would recommend it to anyone. Talking to some others who had stayed at many hostels, this was their favorite by far.

• 8th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. Very clean and beautifully organized. Staff is very helpful. I totally recommend!!

Very unusual for a hostel, but a rule which I valued greatly was their noise curfew from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Not a party hostel and I liked that very much. Not every traveler wants to stay up all night getting drunk, being loud, obnoxious, and partying.

I am not some paid off traveller, I just looove the posada..... it's like your loving granny (abuelito) ran a hostel..... there's a LOT of hostels in san cristobal, so can't honestly say it's the BEST hostel in san cris, but marco the day manager is the dude, so friendly and helpful, the breakfast is amazing, not the usual wonder bread and nescafe garbage....... bowls of homemade jam, mangoes, bananas, bottomless good coffee, plus they can fix you up with any tour you might want to take.....

Beautiful place, beautiful room! Little bit out of center but totally worth it!

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. It was beautiful (hammocks, gardens, adorable dog). The breakfast was delicious (homemade bread and jam, eggs, juice, cereal, coffee, tea, fruit). If you stay here, be sure to pet their dog! The staff was helpful in setting up tours. When you arrive they show you around, and even have books of activities and tours (in English and Spanish). Be careful with your booking though! They are always very full and busy so book your full stay ahead!

The best hotel we have ever stayed in. It's clean, our bed sheets were changed daily. The breakfast included lovely fresh french bread and home made jam. Coffee and tea was also available throughout the stay. They also welcomed us properly on arrival giving us a map and informing us of good places to visit. The staff are lovely and will help you with anything. The hostel is nice and quiet which was a welcome break from party hostels. The location is also great, about 10 minutes walk from center.

• 31st Mar 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here during Semana Santa and it was a lovely hostel. The staff was amazing; everyone was extremely helpful and hospitable. The rooms and showers were super clean. Breakfast was delicious and I will miss the homemade jam. Thank you for giving us some wonderful memories!

• 30th Mar 2015

staff were very nice and helpful

It is an amazing hostel. The rooms were nice, the beds comfortable and the breakfast was very good.The staff was very helpful and nice and I enjoyed staying at the Posada del Abuelito because it is a lovely place with a welcoming atmosfere.

Posada Abuelito is little bit out of the center but in a very safe area. It´s a great place with great staff. They are very helpful, always come up with ideas and suggestions. They will take you on bike tours or they will suggest you some. I loved every minute there and would recommend this place to anyone.

Great hostel. Rooms and facilities are comfortable and clean. Nicest hostel I have ever stayed in!

Great value for money, peaceful, a nice walk into town. We had a small double room with a squeaky bed but loads of blankets. The tours where great and super cheap.

Stayed there for 5 nights and met many long stay travelers, we all chat like old friends, joined the tour to Chamula and the guide Ceser is very good! Very nice homemade jam and kitchen for cooking. Feel like home when I lived there. Just the 4 bed female room next to kitchen near a neighbor with rooster , it weep aloud at 5 am each morning .

Excellent Hostal, great team, cheap and quality together. The Breakfast was EXCELLENT !

Don't stay anywhere else! This really does feel like a home, and its hands down the best hostel I stayed at in Mexico. So relaxed and chilled, with an amazing breakfast included. Thank you Marco and everyone else at Posada del Abuelito!

Abuelito was great hostel. They staff was very nice and informative. The bathrooms and dorms very clean. I love clean bathrooms. Hot showers were great too. The kitchen was very nice and clean also. Loved the morning breakfast. The hostel is a little ways from town, but its nice to walk around and find cool shops. Best hostel I stayed in on my travels :)

Very nice hostel, the best we had in all our trip. Very kind attention from our host. Very nice atmosphere, and ambiance, people are nice, the garden is beautiful and peaceful, the kitchen is all opened and very convenient. Very cheap. Very secure. Had a wonderful time there. A little far from Zocalo and bus terminal.

Great hostel - lovely people both working and staying there. Wonderful place to chill for a bit, or to use as a base for excursions (which hostel staff can help you organize). Especially loved the hot water showers and clean facilities - fantastic! The only complaint I could think of was the early rise of the neighnours' rooster (woke me up a few times), but thats really out of the hostel's control. I would absolutely recommend staying here!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4