9.5
Superb 1,064 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 1,064 Total Reviews
Posada del Abuelito Located at Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas.
Mexico
San Cristobal de las Casas 29220 Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo
95% 1064
16.7407905 -92.6321697
    Rooms available

14th Jun 2016

I loved my stay! A little walk to the main tourist streets, but not too far out. Very clean, good breakfast, and would definitely stay here again!

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
13th Jun 2016

It is a great place to stay, clean, well located and with great people and good vibe!

12th Jun 2016

Likely the best host I have ever stayed at

• ecdiedrich6372
  • USA, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2016

A great hostel! I was traveling solo for 3 months and I meet up here with my parents. The hostel was very laid-back and a great place for my parents and me. It was in a quiet residential neighborhood and was definitely not a party hostel but everyone was friendly and we had lots of great conversations late into the night. The dorm rooms and bathrooms were cleaned daily. Breakfast was great, especially the fresh fruit, bread, and jam. I would highly recommend this place.

• ugaldemaximiliano
  • Mexico, Male, 18-24
7th Jun 2016

One of the best places I've stayed

• Argentina, Couple, 18-24
4th Jun 2016

Great hostel, comfy rooms. We stayed in a private ensuite well worth it. It has a very comfy and homey atmosphere, would suggest implementing some activities for meeting fellow travellers on free time. Very complete breakfast, staff helpful and the hostel has several cheap and complete tour suggestions to do (some also organised by them). Wish we could have stayed longer and will definitely stay there again if we return.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
30th May 2016

Perhaps the best hostel I've stayed in, not only in Mexico but in all of Central and South America. What you get for the price is unbelievable- abundant breakfasts, comfortable beds, hot hot showers w/ good water pressure, hammocks to chill in...the list goes on. The hostel, as well as San Cristobal in general, is a great place to recharge in the middle of any backpacking trip. So satisfied with this charming place and my time there! 10 out of 10 recommend.

• sarahjecks
  • New Zealand, Couple, 31-40
26th May 2016

This place was so wonderful and friendly, super welcoming and just generally ensured we had a good time. The breakfast prepped us for a awesome day in this great lil town and the hostel's tip sheets and amazing kitchen ensured we had that awesome day. Would 150% recommend and honestly can't fault anything about this place. We would definitely stay again if I'm back in town :) Thanks guys!!

• England, Female, 25-30
26th May 2016

One of the best hostels I've stayed at on all my travel trips. Quiet, quaint, super clean, good beds, great breakfast, lovely common areas, well set out, well located. Great spot to locate yourself while in San Cristobal!

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd May 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. So clean and the rooms are beautiful. Staff could not be more helpfulful. Breakfast is lovely and the kitchen facilities are vast. They offer lots of trips from the hostel and town is only a short walks away. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in San Cristobel