Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Really friendly place, felt more like a share house. Many travellers doing a lot of different things, and with a communal kitchen and a dining table, this encouraged good conversation. Helpful staff. We had a double room and it was fine (but be warned, it's cold at night!)

Loved this place! Excellent in every way!

• 15th Aug 2015

Amazing place! We ended up staying twice as long because it was so nice...

One of my favourite hostels. Female dorm is comfortable. Full equipment lovely kitchen. Guests and people are amazing. Good showers and the beautiful garden. Breakfast is great too. I was considering the location from the reviews but it was okay. I had absolutely a great time thank you!

so freakin good

• 4th Aug 2015

We really loved this hostel - it has a very friendly relaxed atmosphere and is big enough to chill in different places. Breakfast is amazing. The only gripe we have is the communication of the staff - we booked a tour through one staff member who failed to complete the booking because we had to pay first but he never told us that - as a result we got a shoddy tour, paying full price for half of what we asked for. We got some money back but were made to feel like it was our fault. Not cool.

My friend and I had an amazing stay at this hostel. The people in charge were really nice with us. The hostel itself is quite charming and the breakfast delicious.

Helpful and friendly staff, they can help you book some day tours or DIY tours. Close to the main walking street, good breakfasy. Alot of travellers that stayed at this hostel were here to study Spanish so its not a crazy party.

Amazing!! Great breakfast, comfortable beds and excellent showers. Staff were friendly and helpful and the outdoor areas were lovely

We enjoyed our stay in the Hostel a lot. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is great. We felt really comfortable and welcome.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Such a wonderful hostel, home away from home. Gorgeous set up, hot showers, amazing breakfast, good coffee, walking distance to everything. Could have stayed here for weeks :) a comfortable break from the sometimes daunting hostel experience.

Loved this hostel. The staff were lovely and the layout is very relaxing. Only thing was that noisy rooster or whatever it was outside the female dorm (not in the hostel). Woke up a lot earlier than me!

This hostel was just GREAT!! Every time there was something new about our stay was a good new. So I cannot say anything but "Keep it up with the good work"!

lovely hostel, really nice staff and delicious breakfast. I also really liked how clean my room ad bathroom was. defenetely recommendable

I cannot find any complaint! This was just an amazing experience and, honestly, the best stay I had in all my vacation in the Yucatán Peninsula. Keep up the good work!

A very beautiful hostel. A little bit far from the station but overall is quite excellent. The breakfast it's just AWESOME.

Great hostel. Chill atmosphere.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I absolutely LOVED my stay at this place. I stayed in the female dorm but was the only one in there for 2 out of 3 of my nights . The hostal itself has a great friendly atmosphere - highlight was the fire in the common room at night! The staff were super friendly and made me feel at home and the location was great too. Breakfast was AWESOME - can definitely see why their jam is so famous! My other favourite thing about this place was the kitchen. So well equipped and very clean. Thanks so much!!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice stay, comfy beds, best kitchen yet, great vibe.

I absolutely loved this hostel! It is a bit far from the ADO bus terminal, so we had to take a taxi. But it is a 5 minute walk to the city center, so very convenient. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing. The common rooms make sure you can interact a lot with other visitors and creates a nice ambiance. The kitchen is well equipped, and the private rooms are very pretty. Simon will tell you his English is not that good, but it's perfect! A must-visit!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4