Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Excellent posada, delicious breakfast, and we really appreciated all the tips, arrangements, tours, etc that were offered. We had an excellent time and would very happily return (in the warmer months!). Thanks for providing so many blankets, a cosy fire, and excellent facilities. The water pressure in our room (#8) was sometimes incredibly low (almost non-existent) and at times the hot water didn't work. when this happened, we simply used the dorm showers (which always worked perfectly).

This was our favourite hostel in Mexico! The atmosphere was so great and cosy. I really loved the free breakfast but better to get up early if you want to get the fruit which goes quickly. The common room with the fire place provided a warm place to relax and play cards or socialise in the cool evenings. The rooms were clean and there were always staff constantly cleaning but there were a couple of bathroom hand towels that did not seem to get changed. Other than that it was perfect! Paradise :)

• 4th Dec 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. Cooking your own breakfast from supplies that hostel offers is a good idea. Also common room with fireplace is very nice especially when it's super cold outside!

I cannot recommend the Posada highly enough. Beautifully decorated rooms with lots of attention to detail, great breakfast with good bread, eggs and home made jam, excellent local advice, hot showers and great tours, plus absolutely wonderful staff and a great log fire. I would definitely stay again. Thanks Marco, Valeria, Nili and everyone else.

Very well organized. Make-your-own breakfast is very good. The kitchen/cooking area is well equipped and good for meeting people. The common room is cosy. One of the best hostels I've visited.

An oasis in our Mexico travels, the gardens, open design and atmosphere worked to create a place where you can decompress. We stayed in the private rooms they were simple but adequate. The kitchen was small and sometimes crowded, but had everything we needed. Breakfast was cook your own eggs, toast and fruit, worked very well. I would definitely recomend this hostel.

Very Friendly staff, Though the ones I met did not speak to much English. Comfortable bed, very clean. It's definitely not like a party hostel - be ready to have time to relax over here.

A friendly, relaxing place to chat with the other costumers or to just relax. The staff is always helpfull and the atmosfere is really nice. Beautiful common areas to chill. No luxuries but 100% comfort. I loved it.

Nice place and nice staff, I'll come back. Don't go there looking for luxury but go looking for a beautiful place, nice chats and some rest. I can't recommend it strong enough.

Great chilled out hostel with good atmosphere, great place to meet people. Highly recommend.

Wonderful hostel. I was able to book several great tours through the hostel staff. Only a five-minute walk to Real de Guadalupe, one of San Cristobal's pedestrianized streets that leads to the heart of the town. Only complaint would be the lack of WiFi in my room (room #1). At times I could get a very weak signal, but I really had to work in the common area whenever I wanted Internet access.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel, the complimentary breakfast is sooo good.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good information provided on avaiable tours and all bookings made with no problems. Open use of kitchen and equipment was excellent. Breakfast was organised for 5am departure which was an added bonus. Would recommend this hostel.

• 18th Nov 2014

In General our stay was great, breakfast is great, everything is really clean, nice atmosphere, helpfull and friendly staff. The only negative fact was that the wifi is really weak and in the rooms not even existing.

• 13th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review. Sorry you didn't have good WiFi that is actually something we are working on after noticing an issue ourself. We plan to add a range extender to accommodate the area you stayed in which would give us pretty much full coverage after that. Thank you and hope to see you again!

Very nice hostel, everyone who works there is really nice.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Wonderful rooms, amazing breakfast and very attentive and helpful staff. Posada del Abuelito is a home from home. We had to leave really early in the morning and they even had breakfast ready for us at 4:30 am! Thank you! Will be recommending it to all my friends and fellow travellers.

Posada del Abuelito was everything I had hoped for in San Cristobal. It was very relaxed and beautiful and not much of a party hostel, at least while I was there. The 3 nights for the price of 2 promotion is fabulous! I got a great dorm bed for the equivalent of around $6 US. The breakfast was lovely. And sitting around the fireplace at night with other travelers was really nice. And the extra blankets and free towel were the icing on the cake. Thanks!!!

The staff are so helpful and friendly. The facilities are perfect.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were very helpful. Well laid out hostel with a good relaxed atmosphere. Organised a couple of tours for us and our onward shuttle to panajachel.

So great experience in this fantastic place. Clean, great staff, and many facilities. So happy to spend our vacations there. We hope come back again and again.

• 29th Oct 2014