Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great hostel. Rooms and facilities are comfortable and clean. Nicest hostel I have ever stayed in!

Excellent Hostal, great team, cheap and quality together. The Breakfast was EXCELLENT !

Don't stay anywhere else! This really does feel like a home, and its hands down the best hostel I stayed at in Mexico. So relaxed and chilled, with an amazing breakfast included. Thank you Marco and everyone else at Posada del Abuelito!

Very nice hostel, the best we had in all our trip. Very kind attention from our host. Very nice atmosphere, and ambiance, people are nice, the garden is beautiful and peaceful, the kitchen is all opened and very convenient. Very cheap. Very secure. Had a wonderful time there. A little far from Zocalo and bus terminal.

Great hostel - lovely people both working and staying there. Wonderful place to chill for a bit, or to use as a base for excursions (which hostel staff can help you organize). Especially loved the hot water showers and clean facilities - fantastic! The only complaint I could think of was the early rise of the neighnours' rooster (woke me up a few times), but thats really out of the hostel's control. I would absolutely recommend staying here!!

The hostel is a really charming place to stay, I would recomend it to all the people who is looking for a safe and quite place, and please if you are looking for party stay away 'cause the hostel has a unique privacy feeling :)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Had an amazing stay at Abuelito. It absolutely made our time in San Cristobal

• 25th Feb 2015

We arrived very early on the day of our check in and were pleased to find a nice quiet lounge and beautiful garden to rest in and clean facilities to use. The hostel is beautiful and breakfast is amazing. Not really a party atmosphere which is exactly what we were after and its a nice little(5min) walk to the main tourist streets and a cheap taxi to the bus station!

As expected, very Nice place with Garden and lovely Place to hang out and meet fellow travellers. It is a Long Walk from the ADO Bus station. So a Taxi for 35-40 pesos will be appropriate. My favorite persons there were two of the cleaning ladies who did a marvelous Job and set up the breakfast. If you thought about tipping someone those two would be the Most deserving as I see it. The Jam is prepared by one of them, Nelli, by Name. Note sure about the Spelling, but Jam is out of this world.

Thank you for all your explanation and for the fresh bread for the breakfast

Thank you for staying with us! You are welcome back anytime. Good travels

Loved my stay here. Especially the yummie breakfast.

The place to be in SC (stayed 7days). The rooms can get quiet cold especially if there was no sun at daytime but they provide 2 additional blankets and most important, the shower is clean and very hot. A big plus is the fireplace in the common room & the kitchen. Breakfast is superb and we miss already their homemade jam! Regarding Hyena the old Dog, they should provide him a nicer place to sleep and there's really no need to kick him out of the warm common room if all guests are happy with him.

Great hostel located close to the Zocalo and good restaurants. The staff really know the area and good spots to eat and drink, all of their recommendations were terrific. Not a party hostel but a very laid back and chilled atmosphere.

Lovely bed in the female dorm, and great en suite. Very well run hostel with lovely breakfast. Easy to meet people, everyone quite chilled out, nice to hang out by the fire when it's cold! One thing to note - if you get up to leave really early (I got up at 5AM) make sure you have a torch as all the lights are turned off overnight, sounds obvious I know. They also left the breakfast stuff out so that I could eat really early :)

One of the best hostels we stayed at whilst in Mexico. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was great (especially the homemade jam). And it was super clean. It's a shame that lights went out in the common areas at 10 because it killed the atmosphere a little. I didn't like the way the night security guard kicked/hit the hostel dog either, very cruel.

Thank you for you comments and suggestions we are happy you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for mentioning about the Dog. We are very upset to hear about this incident, at Posada del Abuelito we have been caring for Hyena for many years now, and have a special bond with Him! Fortunately The person you mention left and is no longer with us for other reasons. The lights in common rooms is also amended since that was a misinterpetation of the rules by previous Night Shift. Thank You!

This is a wonderful hostel. I wish we could have stayed longer. It is a bit of a walk from downtown, but it is well worth the 10 minutes. Very clean and cute, this is not a place where you will be swarmed by dirty barefoot, partying 20 somethings. The kitchen is well stocked and plenty of space to sit and relax outside of your room. The internet was a little slow, but it worked and it gives you more reason to meet other travelers. Highly recommended.

This is a lovely place to stay, with an excellent diy breakfast included with eggs, cereals, fresh fruit, bread

Great breakfast. Absolutely a great deal and great place to stay. Far enough from the main streets that its quiet at night but close enough to everything to walk to

Great free breakfast! Highly recommend it! The dormitory just for women was excellent - there were four bunk beds and its own private bathroom with a good hot shower.

• 15th Jan 2015

Very nice hostel, great breakfast, loved the homemade jam!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3