Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

I love this hostel. It is an old ranch style home that used to belong to the owner's grandfather. It is has two really nice interior patios, a great kitchen (with a bomber breakfast!) and reading room. The rooms are well equipped and there are nice showers with hot water. Upon arrival you get a big fluffy towel with a mini bar of soap (it's the little things!). Also a good yoga and meditation center down the street, Casa Plena. Staff is awesome. Would definitely recommend.

I always stay here when I come to San Cris. A second home type of place. Great breakfast, tidy, quiet, warm everything is awesome!!

Excellent hostel with great staff and facilities - great value for money and worth the visit for Nili and Marco´s ´mayan medicine´ if you have a bad belly! Would definitely stay there again.!

Didn't end up staying here due to delays getting to San Cristobal but got an email from the hostel checking if I was OK when I didn't show up for my booking. That sort of concern shouldn't go unnoticed :)

This is a wonderful hostel with great facilities and a delicious breakfast that is included. Everything is organised really well and staff are helpful and full of information about San Cristóbal. We definitely recommend it! Bring warm clothes.

What a great place! The hostel is clean, warm, and with great ambiance. Everyone is helpful, specially Simon who helped me to book some tours and gave me good advice about the town. I will definitely stay again in this place. I've left with a great taste of San Cristobal and specially from Posada del Abuelito.

This hostel is great. Cozy dorms, supernice staff and a great breakfast. It feels like you have your own little neighborhood in there, because it is sort of built like every room is facing each other. It is really relaxed and they actually have a little fireplace. Overall great value for the money, and the bike tour is strongly recomended with Marco.

Very Good Place!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Loved this hostel, great atmosphere, friendly staff, good location and amazing common areas and kitchen! I would stay here again if I come back to San Cristobal

This place is compact but beautifully laid out. Very professionally run, these guys know what they are doing and run a tight hostel. Multiple areas to relax with the kitchen/ dining area being the focal point of an evening and a great place to meet other guests, well equipped kitchen, nice breakfast (cook your own eggs), short walk to the main pedestrian area, approachable staff, well priced for what you get.

Great atmosphere, stafff and comfort. Thanks for a great time!

Great staff. Good breakfast. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Homemade jam was super yum. Kitchen gets a bit crowded during breakfast as one gets 2 eggs that they can cook their style.

It seems excessive but this place completely charmed me. Everyone was lovely, as was the hostel itself. Respectful, calm and accommodating environment. I intend to return as I can

• 29th Aug 2014

This hostel is one of the nicest places I have stayed in. Good kitchen facilities, good bathrooms and mixed dorm was quite spacias.

Staff was veryhelpful we highly reccommend this place!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This is a real gem! I felt at home since I entered the door of the hostal. Marco and his team do their best to assist you in everything you need, kind and professional.I was alone and i've felt very safe; the location is perfect, just few minutes from the center. Atmosphere relaxed and the garden is really good to chilling. All the places is super clean, and the prices is affordable. i really recommend this little posada, they are doing an excellent job. Gracias Marco y staff! (maura de tulum)

Fantastic hostel. Excellent staff. Great breakfast.

Posada Del Abuelito is like a home away from home. It's warm, very tidy & cosy hostel. It was really chill and a nice place to kick back in after exploring San Cristobal. There is a gorgeous 15 year old dog named Llena who is a local dog who takes care of the hostel security. I fell in love with him he is a real sweet heart and draw card to this nice hostel who I know appreciates & needs TLC & food from the posada guests.

we enjoyed our stay at the posada. the place is very clean, nice and quiet and relaxed. it's located not so far from the center, but far enough for it to be quiet. the kitchen is well equiped and very clean, and the breakfast is very good. the only bad thing is the low pressure of the water in the shower that was quit enoying.. the staff are very nice and will help you with orgenizing tours (just don't forget to ask for english speaking guide!!).

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Israel

I loved my stay at Abuelito. It was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Really clean, the staff was really nice and helpfull, the breakfast was extraordinary for a hostel! The atmosphere was really nice and welcoming. You just didn't want to leave. You have to make sure you book in advance as they are so popular. And if you are there make sure to eat the best quesadilas ever at "lupita's quesadilas" just around the corner. Thanks for this great experience!

• 17th Aug 2014