Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great hostel, the complimentary breakfast is sooo good.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good information provided on avaiable tours and all bookings made with no problems. Open use of kitchen and equipment was excellent. Breakfast was organised for 5am departure which was an added bonus. Would recommend this hostel.

• 18th Nov 2014

In General our stay was great, breakfast is great, everything is really clean, nice atmosphere, helpfull and friendly staff. The only negative fact was that the wifi is really weak and in the rooms not even existing.

• 13th Nov 2014

Very nice hostel, everyone who works there is really nice.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Wonderful rooms, amazing breakfast and very attentive and helpful staff. Posada del Abuelito is a home from home. We had to leave really early in the morning and they even had breakfast ready for us at 4:30 am! Thank you! Will be recommending it to all my friends and fellow travellers.

Posada del Abuelito was everything I had hoped for in San Cristobal. It was very relaxed and beautiful and not much of a party hostel, at least while I was there. The 3 nights for the price of 2 promotion is fabulous! I got a great dorm bed for the equivalent of around $6 US. The breakfast was lovely. And sitting around the fireplace at night with other travelers was really nice. And the extra blankets and free towel were the icing on the cake. Thanks!!!

The staff are so helpful and friendly. The facilities are perfect.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff were very helpful. Well laid out hostel with a good relaxed atmosphere. Organised a couple of tours for us and our onward shuttle to panajachel.

So great experience in this fantastic place. Clean, great staff, and many facilities. So happy to spend our vacations there. We hope come back again and again.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I love this hostel. It is an old ranch style home that used to belong to the owner's grandfather. It is has two really nice interior patios, a great kitchen (with a bomber breakfast!) and reading room. The rooms are well equipped and there are nice showers with hot water. Upon arrival you get a big fluffy towel with a mini bar of soap (it's the little things!). Also a good yoga and meditation center down the street, Casa Plena. Staff is awesome. Would definitely recommend.

I always stay here when I come to San Cris. A second home type of place. Great breakfast, tidy, quiet, warm everything is awesome!!

Excellent hostel with great staff and facilities - great value for money and worth the visit for Nili and Marco´s ´mayan medicine´ if you have a bad belly! Would definitely stay there again.!

Didn't end up staying here due to delays getting to San Cristobal but got an email from the hostel checking if I was OK when I didn't show up for my booking. That sort of concern shouldn't go unnoticed :)

This is a wonderful hostel with great facilities and a delicious breakfast that is included. Everything is organised really well and staff are helpful and full of information about San Cristóbal. We definitely recommend it! Bring warm clothes.

What a great place! The hostel is clean, warm, and with great ambiance. Everyone is helpful, specially Simon who helped me to book some tours and gave me good advice about the town. I will definitely stay again in this place. I've left with a great taste of San Cristobal and specially from Posada del Abuelito.

This hostel is great. Cozy dorms, supernice staff and a great breakfast. It feels like you have your own little neighborhood in there, because it is sort of built like every room is facing each other. It is really relaxed and they actually have a little fireplace. Overall great value for the money, and the bike tour is strongly recomended with Marco.

Very Good Place!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Loved this hostel, great atmosphere, friendly staff, good location and amazing common areas and kitchen! I would stay here again if I come back to San Cristobal

This place is compact but beautifully laid out. Very professionally run, these guys know what they are doing and run a tight hostel. Multiple areas to relax with the kitchen/ dining area being the focal point of an evening and a great place to meet other guests, well equipped kitchen, nice breakfast (cook your own eggs), short walk to the main pedestrian area, approachable staff, well priced for what you get.

Great atmosphere, stafff and comfort. Thanks for a great time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3