Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great atmosphere, stafff and comfort. Thanks for a great time!

Great staff. Good breakfast. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Homemade jam was super yum. Kitchen gets a bit crowded during breakfast as one gets 2 eggs that they can cook their style.

It seems excessive but this place completely charmed me. Everyone was lovely, as was the hostel itself. Respectful, calm and accommodating environment. I intend to return as I can

• 29th Aug 2014

This hostel is one of the nicest places I have stayed in. Good kitchen facilities, good bathrooms and mixed dorm was quite spacias.

Staff was veryhelpful we highly reccommend this place!

• 22nd Aug 2014

This is a real gem! I felt at home since I entered the door of the hostal. Marco and his team do their best to assist you in everything you need, kind and professional.I was alone and i've felt very safe; the location is perfect, just few minutes from the center. Atmosphere relaxed and the garden is really good to chilling. All the places is super clean, and the prices is affordable. i really recommend this little posada, they are doing an excellent job. Gracias Marco y staff! (maura de tulum)

Fantastic hostel. Excellent staff. Great breakfast.

Posada Del Abuelito is like a home away from home. It's warm, very tidy & cosy hostel. It was really chill and a nice place to kick back in after exploring San Cristobal. There is a gorgeous 15 year old dog named Llena who is a local dog who takes care of the hostel security. I fell in love with him he is a real sweet heart and draw card to this nice hostel who I know appreciates & needs TLC & food from the posada guests.

I loved my stay at Abuelito. It was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Really clean, the staff was really nice and helpfull, the breakfast was extraordinary for a hostel! The atmosphere was really nice and welcoming. You just didn't want to leave. You have to make sure you book in advance as they are so popular. And if you are there make sure to eat the best quesadilas ever at "lupita's quesadilas" just around the corner. Thanks for this great experience!

• 17th Aug 2014

Lovely sociable space, with hammocks. Very good toilet facilities. You can book tours directly from the hostel. Very laid back and accommodating about checking in/out and using facilities after checkout.

Very cozy-feeling place about ten minutes' walk from the city center. Spotless kitchen and even laundry facilities on site, which I found very convenient. Breakfast is generous--try the homemade jam!

Had a lovely stay here. Loved the outdoor/garden area. Beds are great. Ample bathrooms. Hot water. Good and healthy breakfast given, where you use ingredients to prepare it yourself. The women's dorm (4 people) doesn't have lockers, but the larger dorm does.

One of my absolute favorite hostels I stayed in so far! Very homely, clean facilities, great breakfast and very helpful staff!

absolutely loved this place. the staff was so nice, and it felt very homey. wold definitely recommend!

Nice chill hostel, easy walking distance to zocalo and shops etc. breakfast was really good, eggs, toast, fruits. Good place to relax and get a good nights sleep.

We loved Posada del Abuelito. Our room for two was small but comfortable. We loved the patio with all the flowers ans colibris visiting the Posada every morning. The kitchen was equipped well and clean. And this marmelade!!! Yummi! The staff was really nice and helpful, we easily booked all our tours at the hostel.

Beautiful place - loved the courtyards and the room. The only problem was the low water pressure in our private room.

I stayed in the girls' dorm for one night. The beds are comfortable, there are plenty of sockets around and the bathroom is excellent - however, the top bunks are high up and don't have any kind of a barrier. I don't move much in my sleep but was not happy about having to sleep up top - however, there were no bottom bunks or even private rooms I could have switched to. Book well in advance as the hostel seems to be always busy and make sure to ask for a bottom bunk!

Omg, they make your bed every day and you can use the fire place!! What a killer place, set in an old colonial house with a huge courtyard. Super comfy beds and an AMAZING breakfast. Wifi is stong, beer and wine is sold by the staff... what more could you possibly ask for. INCREDIBLE PLACE.

This place was great. Not much going on, but there is the nicest garden and it is good if you need some Quiet days. Simon, the french manager is very helpfull and theres a great atmosphere. And the great dog Flaca!

« first « Prev 1 2 3