Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Amazing!! Great breakfast, comfortable beds and excellent showers. Staff were friendly and helpful and the outdoor areas were lovely

We enjoyed our stay in the Hostel a lot. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is great. We felt really comfortable and welcome.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Such a wonderful hostel, home away from home. Gorgeous set up, hot showers, amazing breakfast, good coffee, walking distance to everything. Could have stayed here for weeks :) a comfortable break from the sometimes daunting hostel experience.

Loved this hostel. The staff were lovely and the layout is very relaxing. Only thing was that noisy rooster or whatever it was outside the female dorm (not in the hostel). Woke up a lot earlier than me!

This hostel was just GREAT!! Every time there was something new about our stay was a good new. So I cannot say anything but "Keep it up with the good work"!

lovely hostel, really nice staff and delicious breakfast. I also really liked how clean my room ad bathroom was. defenetely recommendable

I cannot find any complaint! This was just an amazing experience and, honestly, the best stay I had in all my vacation in the Yucatán Peninsula. Keep up the good work!

A very beautiful hostel. A little bit far from the station but overall is quite excellent. The breakfast it's just AWESOME.

Great hostel. Chill atmosphere.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I absolutely LOVED my stay at this place. I stayed in the female dorm but was the only one in there for 2 out of 3 of my nights . The hostal itself has a great friendly atmosphere - highlight was the fire in the common room at night! The staff were super friendly and made me feel at home and the location was great too. Breakfast was AWESOME - can definitely see why their jam is so famous! My other favourite thing about this place was the kitchen. So well equipped and very clean. Thanks so much!!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice stay, comfy beds, best kitchen yet, great vibe.

I absolutely loved this hostel! It is a bit far from the ADO bus terminal, so we had to take a taxi. But it is a 5 minute walk to the city center, so very convenient. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing. The common rooms make sure you can interact a lot with other visitors and creates a nice ambiance. The kitchen is well equipped, and the private rooms are very pretty. Simon will tell you his English is not that good, but it's perfect! A must-visit!

Very nice hostel, we loved the garden which gave it a special atmosphere. The kitchen was one of the cleanest kitchen I have seen in a hostel and the breakfast was very good, especially the bread and the homemade jam. The room was very cool, but out of the 4 nights there, they "forgot" to clean the bathroom/empty the garbage 3 times (once we even tried to remind them, while once we had to point out that it was still dirty and the staff didnt look particularly happy).

Everything was excellent and all staff members made my stay very comfortable. Thank you for such a nice experience!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Hi,thanks for your review and thanks a lot for the origami birds gifts that you let to everyone of us !! :) Hope to see you in another trip and wish you the best for this one, best regards from all the posada's staff !

What a gorgeous little place. We booked a private room with shared bathrooms. The room was a bit old and tired but ok. Breakfast was generous and staff were friendly. Great little place.

Really good one Thanks

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Great place. Come for one day and stay for 3 ...

Such a nice place, could have stayed there forever. Great atmosphere and comfy beds. The only place to stay in San Cristobal

This is a great place to stay at if you're looking for something more relaxed. If you're looking for a college hostel environment then this probably isn't for you. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about the area. It's also very conveniently located in the city center.

• 19th May 2015
  • Mexico

We had a great stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful with assisting us to book tours and they helped orient us to San cristobal. The room was comfy and the breakfast was delicious.

• 19th May 2015