Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Excellent place! good breakfast, wi-fi, very nice rooms (though a bit chilly at night), helpful staff, and a room with a fireplace. amazing, especially for this price!

Very nice owners, great mexican-style patio (or even 3:), very large and enjoyable common space with many different options to rest and meet people (sofas, hammocks, sunbeds, couches). Not far to the city center. Definitely worth money.

We really enjoyed staying here! The stuff organised our tours and they were helpfull in any way. They even got up for us at 4 am, to make breakfast, because we had to leave early. We haven't seen that any where else. The Breakfast was very good, for what we payed (coffee,fruit, 2 eggs,bread,homemade jam....). The hostel itself is a very nice place to hang out. We definitely recommend this hostel!!!

Pépe is such a cool guy! Thank you all!

I will definitly go back there, it is so calm and friendly, very good breakfast and coffee (wich is kind of rare in Mexico). Super well situated, on a calm street but close to everything. One of the best !!

Great Place to stay! Great Staff, a special thanks for Marco !

Great well located hostel, with some nice added features such as Breakfast, Fireplaces, places to hang-out. A unique and great place to stay in SC

Posada del Abuelito is probably my best hostel experience this trip ( out of 8 I stayed in). Very well located, extremely clean and well maintained, good breakfast ( the spread was laid out early enough for those leaving in the wee hours), and extremely affordable. Would definitely stay here when I visit San Cristobal again. I am told cancellation can be a bit hairy but did not have that problem.

Excellent posada, delicious breakfast, and we really appreciated all the tips, arrangements, tours, etc that were offered. We had an excellent time and would very happily return (in the warmer months!). Thanks for providing so many blankets, a cosy fire, and excellent facilities. The water pressure in our room (#8) was sometimes incredibly low (almost non-existent) and at times the hot water didn't work. when this happened, we simply used the dorm showers (which always worked perfectly).

This was our favourite hostel in Mexico! The atmosphere was so great and cosy. I really loved the free breakfast but better to get up early if you want to get the fruit which goes quickly. The common room with the fire place provided a warm place to relax and play cards or socialise in the cool evenings. The rooms were clean and there were always staff constantly cleaning but there were a couple of bathroom hand towels that did not seem to get changed. Other than that it was perfect! Paradise :)

• 4th Dec 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. Cooking your own breakfast from supplies that hostel offers is a good idea. Also common room with fireplace is very nice especially when it's super cold outside!

I cannot recommend the Posada highly enough. Beautifully decorated rooms with lots of attention to detail, great breakfast with good bread, eggs and home made jam, excellent local advice, hot showers and great tours, plus absolutely wonderful staff and a great log fire. I would definitely stay again. Thanks Marco, Valeria, Nili and everyone else.

Very clean, awesome breakfast. Was a bit of a walk from town, but other than that all good :)

Very well organized. Make-your-own breakfast is very good. The kitchen/cooking area is well equipped and good for meeting people. The common room is cosy. One of the best hostels I've visited.

An oasis in our Mexico travels, the gardens, open design and atmosphere worked to create a place where you can decompress. We stayed in the private rooms they were simple but adequate. The kitchen was small and sometimes crowded, but had everything we needed. Breakfast was cook your own eggs, toast and fruit, worked very well. I would definitely recomend this hostel.

Very Friendly staff, Though the ones I met did not speak to much English. Comfortable bed, very clean. It's definitely not like a party hostel - be ready to have time to relax over here.

A friendly, relaxing place to chat with the other costumers or to just relax. The staff is always helpfull and the atmosfere is really nice. Beautiful common areas to chill. No luxuries but 100% comfort. I loved it.

Nice place and nice staff, I'll come back. Don't go there looking for luxury but go looking for a beautiful place, nice chats and some rest. I can't recommend it strong enough.

Great chilled out hostel with good atmosphere, great place to meet people. Highly recommend.

Wonderful hostel. I was able to book several great tours through the hostel staff. Only a five-minute walk to Real de Guadalupe, one of San Cristobal's pedestrianized streets that leads to the heart of the town. Only complaint would be the lack of WiFi in my room (room #1). At times I could get a very weak signal, but I really had to work in the common area whenever I wanted Internet access.

• 19th Nov 2014