Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great hostel, helpful staff. Lacked a bit in atmosphere though and a tad away from main area

Te best hostal I have been!!

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Our room was gorgeous and private next to a peaceful courtyard. The breakfast in the morning was delicious including homemade strawberry jam! The other guests were lovely and we made some great friends. The location was within walking distance to all key areas of the historic district (5-10 mins to the zocalo) but yet in a quiet street away from traffic and crowds. There were some delicious and cheap restaurants around the roads nearby. + tours!

This hostel is magical! I would recommend it 100% to anyone coming and staying in San cristobal.

Good hostel. The staff were very nice. Very chilled with hammocks and decent location.

It really was a beautiful hostel. We arrived from at 7.30am after a long nightbus and were immediately encouraged to join the other guests for the excellent, family-style, cook-yourself breakfast!! Very welcoming atmosphere, great private room with interesting decor. 1 BIG shame was that the cleaners tried to enter our locked private room 4 times from 5am - 7am one morning, with us sleeping (or trying) inside. A simple mistake with which rooms needed cleaning, but not when sleeping!!

Maybe the best hostel I've stayed in. Amazing fresh breakfast, peaceful surroundings, and great people.

El hostel me gusto mucho, la habitación privada en la que dormí con mi novio estaba muy bien y el aseo, los malos y el desayuno bastante buenos. Esta un poco retirado del zócalo pero al final eso terminó siendo algo positivo porque sientes mas tranquilidad y menos ruido, volvería a ojo cerrado al hostel en mi próxima visita a san Cristóbal.

We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful, peaceful and clean hostel. Staff was super friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, wifi worked excellent and overall the experience was very pleasant :-)

Super cozy hostel. The breakfast is good, the showers are warm and the beds are comfortable. Just the dorm was a bit chilly during the night but we had enough blankets to cover that up. A good place to stay.

The best hostel I ever stayed at. It offers delicious breakfast wit selfmade jam. Modern and clean facilities with a very mexican-inspired interiour decoration

It's just like coming home. The staff is super lovely and always trying to help with whatever kind of problem you might have. The activities they offer are very good. And the breakfast is awesome, especially the delicious homemade jam. It was my second time there and I would definitely come back.

This is less of a hostel and more of a bed and breakfast. It's run by a family that takes incredible care of the place and everything is beyond amazing in terms of cleanliness, modern facilities, good breakfast, security, etc. however if you are a solo traveler looking to make friends this is the wrong place. It's the kind of space where everyone is always on their phones, smoking or talking just with their travel companion. So it depends what you seek. Facilities are perhaps the best of any.

Very nice quiet hostel about a 10 minute walk from the centre. Others are slightly closer. Its kept very clean and the breakfasts are great, with a good sized kitchen Not a party place at all and it lacked atmosphere. Would say its catered towards couples or people who arent especially interested in meeting others Also, the night manager often goes missing in the evening and I had a nightmare trying to find him early one morning to get my passport back from reception when I was leaving

Really beautiful hostel- great rooms and comfortable beds- great breakfast and the kitchen was huge! There is a fire place for extra cozyness! Loved staying at this hostel.

The best hostel that I visited in Mexico... very friendly, helpful staff, everything very clean and really cosy.... excellent!

The best place in San Cristobal: quiet, clean and the home-made bread and jam made my day!!

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at. The comfort, cleanliness, facilities, friendly staff and amazing breakfast and well equipped kitchen, plus all the great chill out areas make this a great place to stay. The owners/staff work hard to make this a really welcoming, homely place. I recommend it to everyone I know is heading to San Cristobal.

Great place to stay, especially the 4-bed dorm for girls!:-)

Very nice hostal, nice people, a bit of a walk to get to the main street nothing major

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels