Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

I loved this place, so chep, and you get so much! The place is isolated and great, and the staff was fantastic!

Really lovely helpful staff. Clean, comfy rooms and amazing breakfast, especially the jam.

• 7th May 2014

Gorgeous small hostel with rooms opening onto pretty courtyard with vines hummingbirds. I've stayed twice. Private rooms are like cute b

Heighy recommend! We arrived early in the morning after a long overnight bus, we could not have asked for a more welcoming arrival. Although we were 7hours early for check in, we intended just to asked them to hold our luggage but instead they gave us breakfast and use of the showers without asking. This hostel really makes you feel at home, booked 1 night but ended up staying 1 week.

We loved Posada del Abuelito! Fantastic breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, clean, cosy rooms, lots of info about things to do in and around San Cristobal, and nice gardens to chill out in. One of our favourite hostels on our travels so far :)

Best hostel i have stayed at by far!

The breakfast is simply amazing! Best breakfast I have had in my 5 months in Mexico in a hostel. I would recommend anyone this hostel, nice atmosphere, nice people and the 7 min walk downtown is not bad at all

Nice hostel with some lovely garden areas and in an old colonial buliding. Bit of a walk (10 minutes) from the centre of the city but in a safe area. Great kitchen and communal spaces, although not much in the way of parties/drinking at night if that is what you're looking for.

Thanks for such a good review, we are glad that you enjoyed your staying in Posada Del Abuelito ! With our location at 10minutes from the center but only 5minutes from the main walking street of San Cristóbal, our guests are near from the activities that the center is offering but as the same time the "Barrio Del Cerillo" is far enough from the center to be really quiet for those who want to sleep well without parties/drinkings. We can also recomend you a lot of bars for those you want to party

It was such a pleasure to stay here! We found it to be the most homely place we stayed in all of Mexico. We were there late April 2014 and the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful with regards to things to do and where to get the best veggies. There was a great vibe at this place - lots of friendly people and we liked the fact you could cook your own breakfast (eggs, fruit, coffee and bread provided) at your own leisure.

Great communal space, comfy beds, nice and interesting people, clean restrooms; a must for travelers looking to meet new people while exploring this area of Chiapas.

• 20th Apr 2014

Beautiful, quiet, the perfect location. I loved this place and am already day-dreaming about another trip where I stay at this posada!

• 19th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, amazing installations, very clean, huge beds for dorms. Honestly one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The kitchen is huge and very well equiped, and the breakfast is quite good. I highly recommend it; I wish I could have stayed longer. My only observation is that the place to leave backpacks could be locked for more safety.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The Good: Beautiful little place, EXCELLENT breakfast, very clean + plenty of blankets, good internet. The Ok: A bit out of the way of things. There was a nice woman working there and an odd, somewhat unfriendly man. The Not-So-Good: Very granola/hippy/rainbow person/whatever you want to call it. I walked into the dorm to an older man uttering some sort of Buddhist mantra/incantation. If this is your thing, cool. If not, be aware. It is a beautiful hostel, very clean, great breakfast.

Thank you for a nice review. As for our location people generally mention it as a con, we would like to point out that we are 5 blocks from the pedestrian street of Guadalupe, less than 2 blocks from Na Bolom Museum, and 5 blocks from the Market. San Cristobal is a town meant to be enjoyed walking due to size and layout our location Barrillo del Cerrillo is considered one of the most Beautiful, Authentic and Sought after neighborhoods in Town We hope people will come to LOVE our location.

We spent here total 3 nights. The place was very nice and relaxing! I loved the fresh fruits at the breakfast. The staff was nice but their knowledge of the surrounding areas could be better. All in all was a nice place and i would deffinetely go back! This hostel and a hostel in oaxca called azul cielo oaxaca have a deal that you recive -10% discount but i don't recomend the hostel in oaxaca (not even free drinking water).

We had a wonderful time at posada del abuelito. The staff was always willing to help with information regarding tours and excursions around San Cristobal, breakfast time was super nice and was an excellent time to get to know other travelers, the homemade jam is delicious.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel is just like St. Christobal: really relaxed, with friendly people and overall a good atmosphere. The breakfast in the morning is very good as well. I stayed in the girls dorm which is a nice 4-person dorm with ensuite very clean bathroom and amazing hot shower. I would recommend everyone to stay here.

• 10th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel! Great people and a great place. Amazing breakfast with fresh bread and home-made jam, eggs and fresh fruit. The people were also great guides for the city and even during the mountain-bike tour! Hated to go away :)

This hostel was great, friendly atmosphere, very clean and not far at all from city centre!

the hostel is in a hacienda style building, exceptionally clean, reasonably close to all the 'action', the included breakfast includes fresh fruit, bread, homeade jam, coffee, and you cook your own eggs, staff is friendly and helpful, altogether one of the best hostel experiences I've had...........

Beautiful relaxed place to stay in San Cristobal, great for those who want to chill out for a few days.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels