Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

We had a great stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful with assisting us to book tours and they helped orient us to San cristobal. The room was comfy and the breakfast was delicious.

• 19th May 2015

Good location. Maybe 10 min walk from zocalo. Difficult to communicate with some of the staff if you don't speak Spanish. Not the most helpful. If you do any of their tours, keep in mind there may incur additional costs.

Super atmosphere, nicely decorated, very big and clean kitchen and common areas to chill out like the beautiful garden and the library. Beautiful rooms with lockers and service (they make youre bed)

The breakfast was amazing. The kitchen was really big and clean. Wifi was good. During our stay a couple of kids had got the master keys and were snooping around in people's rooms.

Brilliant hostel with excellent staff. Breakfast was amazing. Music from the property next door kept us awake until about midnight.

Great place to stay!

• 4th May 2015

Pretty awesome hostel and cheap too! Awesome breakfast with loads of options and even eggs :) Staff don't speak English that much but they are real friendly. They even let me have an extra breakfast when I came super early on my first day. The hostel is super cozy and pretty, though their kitchen is quite small

Awesome breakfast

This place has really cool character to it, and the Italian guy that checked us in and out was incredibly helpful. Only real issue is the masses of dogs that join in choral harmony at night, but I suspect this isn't an issue specific to this hostel, but San cristobal in general. Recommended for sure

This hostel is just perfect, incredibly organized, helpful staff, spotlessly clean, and a really relazxing place to be in. Great value for money, which includes a simple and tasty breakfast. 5 stars all the way, this feels like a home away from home !

The hostel was excellent, comfy and calm. The free breakfast was delicious and the kitchen was well-stocked so it was easy to cook there. The staff was generally extremely kind and helpful, although the night guard was quite rude.

Best breakfast we had so far in Mexico! Awesome selfmade bread and marmelade. The atmosphere was good too. We met a lot of different people and everbody was really nice

• 24th Apr 2015

One word "fantastic".

• 21st Apr 2015

Excellent hostel. Made my stay in San Cristobal better than I thought it would be. Tasty and big breakfast, good dorms with plug sockets next to each bed, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and a cozy feel to the hostel. I could of stayed longer. Location is great too, not far from everything.

Best hostel I've been to after travelling for 8 months. Great facilities, great breakfast, nice rooms and hot water. Couldn't recommend it higher!

• 21st Apr 2015

Nice place to be. Huge dorms can be hot 'though, might be a good idea to get one of the dorms with aircon. Awesome breakfast. Alan is a nice guy, very pollute who manage the place. Good tips from him. Would come back definitely.

Delightful spot. Cooking arrangements more than adequate. Beautiful patios and gardens. Staff very helpful. Price most reasonable. Would recommend it to anyone. Talking to some others who had stayed at many hostels, this was their favorite by far.

• 8th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. Very clean and beautifully organized. Staff is very helpful. I totally recommend!!

Very unusual for a hostel, but a rule which I valued greatly was their noise curfew from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Not a party hostel and I liked that very much. Not every traveler wants to stay up all night getting drunk, being loud, obnoxious, and partying.

I am not some paid off traveller, I just looove the posada..... it's like your loving granny (abuelito) ran a hostel..... there's a LOT of hostels in san cristobal, so can't honestly say it's the BEST hostel in san cris, but marco the day manager is the dude, so friendly and helpful, the breakfast is amazing, not the usual wonder bread and nescafe garbage....... bowls of homemade jam, mangoes, bananas, bottomless good coffee, plus they can fix you up with any tour you might want to take.....

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels