Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great communal space, comfy beds, nice and interesting people, clean restrooms; a must for travelers looking to meet new people while exploring this area of Chiapas.

• 20th Apr 2014

Beautiful, quiet, the perfect location. I loved this place and am already day-dreaming about another trip where I stay at this posada!

• 19th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, amazing installations, very clean, huge beds for dorms. Honestly one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The kitchen is huge and very well equiped, and the breakfast is quite good. I highly recommend it; I wish I could have stayed longer. My only observation is that the place to leave backpacks could be locked for more safety.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The Good: Beautiful little place, EXCELLENT breakfast, very clean + plenty of blankets, good internet. The Ok: A bit out of the way of things. There was a nice woman working there and an odd, somewhat unfriendly man. The Not-So-Good: Very granola/hippy/rainbow person/whatever you want to call it. I walked into the dorm to an older man uttering some sort of Buddhist mantra/incantation. If this is your thing, cool. If not, be aware. It is a beautiful hostel, very clean, great breakfast.

Thank you for a nice review. As for our location people generally mention it as a con, we would like to point out that we are 5 blocks from the pedestrian street of Guadalupe, less than 2 blocks from Na Bolom Museum, and 5 blocks from the Market. San Cristobal is a town meant to be enjoyed walking due to size and layout our location Barrillo del Cerrillo is considered one of the most Beautiful, Authentic and Sought after neighborhoods in Town We hope people will come to LOVE our location.

We spent here total 3 nights. The place was very nice and relaxing! I loved the fresh fruits at the breakfast. The staff was nice but their knowledge of the surrounding areas could be better. All in all was a nice place and i would deffinetely go back! This hostel and a hostel in oaxca called azul cielo oaxaca have a deal that you recive -10% discount but i don't recomend the hostel in oaxaca (not even free drinking water).

We had a wonderful time at posada del abuelito. The staff was always willing to help with information regarding tours and excursions around San Cristobal, breakfast time was super nice and was an excellent time to get to know other travelers, the homemade jam is delicious.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel is just like St. Christobal: really relaxed, with friendly people and overall a good atmosphere. The breakfast in the morning is very good as well. I stayed in the girls dorm which is a nice 4-person dorm with ensuite very clean bathroom and amazing hot shower. I would recommend everyone to stay here.

• 10th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel! Great people and a great place. Amazing breakfast with fresh bread and home-made jam, eggs and fresh fruit. The people were also great guides for the city and even during the mountain-bike tour! Hated to go away :)

This hostel was great, friendly atmosphere, very clean and not far at all from city centre!

the hostel is in a hacienda style building, exceptionally clean, reasonably close to all the 'action', the included breakfast includes fresh fruit, bread, homeade jam, coffee, and you cook your own eggs, staff is friendly and helpful, altogether one of the best hostel experiences I've had...........

Beautiful relaxed place to stay in San Cristobal, great for those who want to chill out for a few days.

A real treat of a place, very well organised and run. The decoration and installations are very well appointed and the kitchen is the best organised I have seen for a hostel, with baskets in the cupboards and boxes in the fridge for the guests. Why doesn't everyone do that? The staff are very helpful, the place is spotless,They offer great tours. Its not a party atmosphere, if not a homey one. A really good choice for a place to stay. Breakfast is delicious, with home made jams! Yummy.

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We feel touched and grateful that you noticed our efforts and enjoyed your stay at Posada del Abuelito. Hope to see you again soon!

Fantastic hostel. We stayed in the 4 bed female dorm, it was spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and cute decor. The staff we're very helpful and the breakfast was awesome. I would recommend this too anyone!

• 26th Mar 2014

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you all enjoyed your stay in the Girls Dorm!

It's a very nice hostel, the facilities are nice, the breakfast is basic but really good (especially the bread and the home made fruit jam) and the kitchen is excellent, the better I've found in a hostel. The staff is friendly and attentive with your needs. The city’s historic center is only at 15 mins walk: close enough to enjoy it and far enough away from the noise and people. I will definitely return.

A great place! I highly recommend Posada del Abuelito! It has: -friendly staff that knows a lot about San Cristobal and surroundings -a beautiful garden with hammocks -very clean rooms (dorms & private) -a super kitchen -wonderful showers -a huge breakfast included -a good atmosphere It is in a nice street, close to center, yet quiet. Staff speaks English and Spanish (and French), and organizes biking tours. I have stayed in several hostels in SC. For me this is the best one!

• 20th Mar 2014

Thank you for such a great review! We are proud of our new kitchen thanks for calling it Super! It was such a pleasure having you and hope to see you again!

Excellent patio - we were with our baby there and he was more than happy to walk there. We also felt very well in the kitchen when you can have a nice chat with others and also prepare your food without being looked at by the personell.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Poland

A really beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Its clean annd you have many facilities. Breakfasts are delicious. Too many rules. Wi fi does not worm everywhere i the hostel

• 1st Mar 2014