Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Beautiful relaxed place to stay in San Cristobal, great for those who want to chill out for a few days.

A real treat of a place, very well organised and run. The decoration and installations are very well appointed and the kitchen is the best organised I have seen for a hostel, with baskets in the cupboards and boxes in the fridge for the guests. Why doesn't everyone do that? The staff are very helpful, the place is spotless,They offer great tours. Its not a party atmosphere, if not a homey one. A really good choice for a place to stay. Breakfast is delicious, with home made jams! Yummy.

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We feel touched and grateful that you noticed our efforts and enjoyed your stay at Posada del Abuelito. Hope to see you again soon!

Fantastic hostel. We stayed in the 4 bed female dorm, it was spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and cute decor. The staff we're very helpful and the breakfast was awesome. I would recommend this too anyone!

• 26th Mar 2014

Thank you for your great review! We are glad you all enjoyed your stay in the Girls Dorm!

It's a very nice hostel, the facilities are nice, the breakfast is basic but really good (especially the bread and the home made fruit jam) and the kitchen is excellent, the better I've found in a hostel. The staff is friendly and attentive with your needs. The city’s historic center is only at 15 mins walk: close enough to enjoy it and far enough away from the noise and people. I will definitely return.

A great place! I highly recommend Posada del Abuelito! It has: -friendly staff that knows a lot about San Cristobal and surroundings -a beautiful garden with hammocks -very clean rooms (dorms & private) -a super kitchen -wonderful showers -a huge breakfast included -a good atmosphere It is in a nice street, close to center, yet quiet. Staff speaks English and Spanish (and French), and organizes biking tours. I have stayed in several hostels in SC. For me this is the best one!

• 20th Mar 2014

Thank you for such a great review! We are proud of our new kitchen thanks for calling it Super! It was such a pleasure having you and hope to see you again!

Excellent patio - we were with our baby there and he was more than happy to walk there. We also felt very well in the kitchen when you can have a nice chat with others and also prepare your food without being looked at by the personell.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Poland

A really beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Its clean annd you have many facilities. Breakfasts are delicious. Too many rules. Wi fi does not worm everywhere i the hostel

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Beautiful place, amazing breakfast, cozy rooms, nice staff..... PERFECT!

This hostel was fantastic - I ended up extending my stay to nearly a full week here. Beautiful courtyards, clean, very modern bathrooms (amazing hot showers) and the staff were all multi-lingual and super knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Big communal kitchen for preparing meals is great, but can get crowded as there is no reservation system or time slots - cook-your-own eggs is really inefficient too, but hey, its free.

Must walk few blocks to downtown, excellent staff and breakfast. Great atmosphere!

I think the management of this place is disorganized and forgetful. I arranged an excursion to Palenque, only to have the times and days confused. I wanted to go to a coffee farm, but the management never got enough people to go, and didn't communicate with me about that in a timely fashion. As a result of the Palenque mix-up, they offered me a room at a discount for my last night, but then almost forgot to charge me for it upon leaving!

1 2 3 Next » last »