Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Lovely sociable space, with hammocks. Very good toilet facilities. You can book tours directly from the hostel. Very laid back and accommodating about checking in/out and using facilities after checkout.

Very cozy-feeling place about ten minutes' walk from the city center. Spotless kitchen and even laundry facilities on site, which I found very convenient. Breakfast is generous--try the homemade jam!

Had a lovely stay here. Loved the outdoor/garden area. Beds are great. Ample bathrooms. Hot water. Good and healthy breakfast given, where you use ingredients to prepare it yourself. The women's dorm (4 people) doesn't have lockers, but the larger dorm does.

One of my absolute favorite hostels I stayed in so far! Very homely, clean facilities, great breakfast and very helpful staff!

absolutely loved this place. the staff was so nice, and it felt very homey. wold definitely recommend!

Nice chill hostel, easy walking distance to zocalo and shops etc. breakfast was really good, eggs, toast, fruits. Good place to relax and get a good nights sleep.

We loved Posada del Abuelito. Our room for two was small but comfortable. We loved the patio with all the flowers ans colibris visiting the Posada every morning. The kitchen was equipped well and clean. And this marmelade!!! Yummi! The staff was really nice and helpful, we easily booked all our tours at the hostel.

Beautiful place - loved the courtyards and the room. The only problem was the low water pressure in our private room.

I stayed in the girls' dorm for one night. The beds are comfortable, there are plenty of sockets around and the bathroom is excellent - however, the top bunks are high up and don't have any kind of a barrier. I don't move much in my sleep but was not happy about having to sleep up top - however, there were no bottom bunks or even private rooms I could have switched to. Book well in advance as the hostel seems to be always busy and make sure to ask for a bottom bunk!

Omg, they make your bed every day and you can use the fire place!! What a killer place, set in an old colonial house with a huge courtyard. Super comfy beds and an AMAZING breakfast. Wifi is stong, beer and wine is sold by the staff... what more could you possibly ask for. INCREDIBLE PLACE.

This place was great. Not much going on, but there is the nicest garden and it is good if you need some Quiet days. Simon, the french manager is very helpfull and theres a great atmosphere. And the great dog Flaca!

This little hostel was charming, comfortable and had a great breakfast. The only thing I would say against it is that they advertise quiet time after 10 p.m. but some of the staff (and guests, too) broke their own rule until the wee hours of the morning the night my friend and I had to leave early the next day. If anyone is in the courtyard, everyone in the hostel can hear them. The rule is a good one and it's a bad business practice to advertise something only to have staff break the promise.

Great hostel. The staff are incredibly helpful and have a handy guide book with trips and tours. The breakfasts were great-amazing bread and home made jam and 2 eggs per person. The coffee machine is turned on at 4 which is lovely if you have an early start.

Unfortunately there where no lockers in this hostel. Other than that it was a really nice place with a lovely garden, really nice and helpful staff, cute animals and an amazing breakfast. You get easily in touch with other travellers and when I arrived early in the morning I was invited to have breakfast right away. It is placed four blocks from the city center but I gladly walk that distance to stay in a hostel that nice.

If you have the opportunity to stay at Posada del Abuelo, just do it! You are going to love it! The staff is fantastic and helpful! The place is immaculate and very peaceful. The breakfast is very generous!

Loved this hostel, the staff are super helpful and the atmosphere is really relaxed and friendly. Delicious breakfast!

• 25th Jun 2014