Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Clean small hostel with a nice back yard. Cosy atmosphere. Location is good: about 1km walking distance to the main plaza. Breakfast fills you well, good coffee with real milk, fantastic non-sweet bread. Definitely recommended. Only negative: poor Wifi, but if you have a Telcel SIM-card full mobile network coverage with fast Internet.

Lovely hostel with great atmosphere and cozy rooms. Breakfast the best we've had! Kitchen well equipped with everything you need to cook including spices. Staff very sweet and helpfull. Ended up staying for 15 days. We warmly recommend Abuelito!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Planned to stay for 3 nights, ended up staying 4 because I liked it so much and didn't really want to leave then. I think San Cristobal is lovely and this hostel highly recommended. Several people lengthened their stay or tried to because they felt the same. Kitchen well equipped, bathrooms good, communal spaces, very helpful staff. There are lockers for valuables if you like as well as large lockers big enough for backpacks in the rooms themselves.

Posada Abuelito were amazing. I had arrived from Oaxaca from the overnight bus and had discovered that I had been robbed in my sleep. A staff member from Abuelito came with me to the police station for over three hours to help me get a statement. Very helpful! They also booked my shuttle to Guatemala the next day and made breakfast for me the following morning before I left at 6.30am. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean, the breakfast is great. Highly recommend.

Its a little bit out of the town centre but has a lovely family feel and nice garden, and its quiet at night and during the day! I highly recommend it, though check in is only at 2 pm. Haydn

The staff was amazing, friendly and incredibly knowledgable. I went on some of the tours they have outlined in their own personal guidebook, which includes tours for purchase and free stuff to do also (which I always appreciate). The coffee tour and the bike tour were so fun (and rated by price as well as difficulty. The lending library is packed full of books. Breakfast was absolutely delicious with homemade jam, multigrain breads, fruit and cereal. Nice patio with hammocks and hummingbirds.

One of the best hostel I have been! Clean toilets/showers, comfy beds, friendly staff, very good breakfast, and the place is nice and cozy !

First time in San Cristóbal and it was all great. La Posada del Abuelito is such a cozy place and the staff is welcoming and helpful. The cleanness was just great, nothing to complain about. People who stay there were also very respectful and by 10, there was no noise so everyone could rest. The bread they offer in Breakfast is amazing!!! I had to go to the bakery and see what else they offer and order a loaf of that amazing bread. Totally recommend this place

Nice hostel with comfortable beds. Very relaxed. Good breakfast with good recommendations for tours and days trips.

There is a special magic about this place. The beautiful gardens fill with pleasant and friendly guests for conversations in the morning, afternoon, and evenigs. When I was freeling ill, staff prepared me relaxing teas and helped me find a massuese who was able to remove the muscle spasms in my back. The free daily breakfasts of eggs, fruit, delicious breads, freash butter, not too sweet marmelade, and all the coffee that you want sets the days toff to a good start. I loved my stay.

• 31st Oct 2015

Chill and laid back. very cosy, quiet, and relaxing. the facilities are great. however the chimney needs a clean as the whole room smoked out when we tried to use it.

An amazing hostel - so friendly, clean, welcoming and not too far from everything. Actually, this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Everything is really well thought out for the guests. The kitchen is good, breakfast us great, rooms are clean and comfy and staff are super friendly and helpful. Plus it is great value. This is an easy place to get stuck at longer than you expected. It is highly recommended.

Had the absolutely best time at the Posada, it was all you could ever wish for in a hostel.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Norway

Beautiful, homley, clean, can't fault it!

Best hostel I've stayed in so far!

Really nice hostel n San Cristobel to relax & enjoy your time in this lovely town. Staff were super friendly & helpful, rooms very clean, lovely kitchen space, amazing home made jam for breaky! Really nice if you like a quieter hostel with a great shared space to meet people if you wish.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The freshly home made bread and jam with the eggs you cook in the morning is heavan sent. Met so many amazing people here that I have seen again along my travels. Room was like a comfort blanket after a long bus ride there. Really enjoyed staying here, quick 5min walk to anything you need, markets, coffee shop, central square. Had a great time.

Had a great time at Posada del Abuelito! Good friendly people and great common areas for hanging out. The kitchen is also very well equipped making preparing meals quick and easy. The tours through the hostel were all interesting and affordable.

• 7th Oct 2015

Wonderful hostel that offers a little bit of paradise and serenity in SC. people were awesome, beds comfy and a great brekkie everyday. What more do you want.

• 6th Oct 2015

This is a really wonderful hostel & a great value. The breakfast is delicious & you can use the kitchen later in the day to cook. The dorm room was comfortable & the bathrooms were always clean. There is plenty of common space, books to read & a computer to use. The staff was really really helpful & provides tour information & advice on things to do. They even helped me with my cell phone & making an international call. I highly recommend this hostel in the lovely city of San Cristobal !!

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels