Posada del Abuelito Reviews

Calle Tapachula #18, Barrio del Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. It was beautiful (hammocks, gardens, adorable dog). The breakfast was delicious (homemade bread and jam, eggs, juice, cereal, coffee, tea, fruit). If you stay here, be sure to pet their dog! The staff was helpful in setting up tours. When you arrive they show you around, and even have books of activities and tours (in English and Spanish). Be careful with your booking though! They are always very full and busy so book your full stay ahead!

We were a. Party of four! We really enjoy our stay the only bad point was is far away from downtown, you have to walk at night. Nothing happened to us but we were tired from the trip

You might experienced before a high rated hostel that is really cool but its kind of used and not very cleaned up. This high rated hostel is nothing like that! We rented a private room, bathroom was very clean, bed was comfortable. The place itself it is very well taken care. They offer you a nice and lovely breakfast. Bread, eggs, fruit, coffee, and you cook it all yourself. At night it gets chilly and our bed had comfy blankets. In my opinion this a great hostel for staying few days! ;)

The best hotel we have ever stayed in. It's clean, our bed sheets were changed daily. The breakfast included lovely fresh french bread and home made jam. Coffee and tea was also available throughout the stay. They also welcomed us properly on arrival giving us a map and informing us of good places to visit. The staff are lovely and will help you with anything. The hostel is nice and quiet which was a welcome break from party hostels. The location is also great, about 10 minutes walk from center.

My boyfriend and I stayed here during Semana Santa and it was a lovely hostel. The staff was amazing; everyone was extremely helpful and hospitable. The rooms and showers were super clean. Breakfast was delicious and I will miss the homemade jam. Thank you for giving us some wonderful memories!

• 30th Mar 2015

staff were very nice and helpful

It is an amazing hostel. The rooms were nice, the beds comfortable and the breakfast was very good.The staff was very helpful and nice and I enjoyed staying at the Posada del Abuelito because it is a lovely place with a welcoming atmosfere.

Posada Abuelito is little bit out of the center but in a very safe area. It´s a great place with great staff. They are very helpful, always come up with ideas and suggestions. They will take you on bike tours or they will suggest you some. I loved every minute there and would recommend this place to anyone.

Great hostel. Rooms and facilities are comfortable and clean. Nicest hostel I have ever stayed in!

This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at, period. The rooms are spacious and clean, courtyard is lovely, staff helpful, breakfast is amazing, and there's a well equipped kitchen. These guys really know what they're doing.

Great value for money, peaceful, a nice walk into town. We had a small double room with a squeaky bed but loads of blankets. The tours where great and super cheap.

Stayed there for 5 nights and met many long stay travelers, we all chat like old friends, joined the tour to Chamula and the guide Ceser is very good! Very nice homemade jam and kitchen for cooking. Feel like home when I lived there. Just the 4 bed female room next to kitchen near a neighbor with rooster , it weep aloud at 5 am each morning .

Excellent Hostal, great team, cheap and quality together. The Breakfast was EXCELLENT !

Don't stay anywhere else! This really does feel like a home, and its hands down the best hostel I stayed at in Mexico. So relaxed and chilled, with an amazing breakfast included. Thank you Marco and everyone else at Posada del Abuelito!

Abuelito was great hostel. They staff was very nice and informative. The bathrooms and dorms very clean. I love clean bathrooms. Hot showers were great too. The kitchen was very nice and clean also. Loved the morning breakfast. The hostel is a little ways from town, but its nice to walk around and find cool shops. Best hostel I stayed in on my travels :)

Very nice hostel, the best we had in all our trip. Very kind attention from our host. Very nice atmosphere, and ambiance, people are nice, the garden is beautiful and peaceful, the kitchen is all opened and very convenient. Very cheap. Very secure. Had a wonderful time there. A little far from Zocalo and bus terminal.

Great hostel - lovely people both working and staying there. Wonderful place to chill for a bit, or to use as a base for excursions (which hostel staff can help you organize). Especially loved the hot water showers and clean facilities - fantastic! The only complaint I could think of was the early rise of the neighnours' rooster (woke me up a few times), but thats really out of the hostel's control. I would absolutely recommend staying here!!

The hostel is a really charming place to stay, I would recomend it to all the people who is looking for a safe and quite place, and please if you are looking for party stay away 'cause the hostel has a unique privacy feeling :)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Had an amazing stay at Abuelito. It absolutely made our time in San Cristobal

• 25th Feb 2015

We arrived very early on the day of our check in and were pleased to find a nice quiet lounge and beautiful garden to rest in and clean facilities to use. The hostel is beautiful and breakfast is amazing. Not really a party atmosphere which is exactly what we were after and its a nice little(5min) walk to the main tourist streets and a cheap taxi to the bus station!

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels