9.0
Superb 321 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 321 Total Reviews
Puerta Vieja Hostel Located at Calle Diego de Mazariegos 23, Barrio de La Merced, San Cristobal de las Casas.
Mexico
San Cristobal de las Casas Chiapas 29240 Calle Diego de Mazariegos 23, Barrio de La Merced
90% 321
16.7365370 -92.6401358
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
31st Jul 2016
6.6

When i first walked in a thought this was an awesome hostel set up. Wifi is good. Nice areas to chill. But the only problem is in 4 nights i got hardly any sleep due to the noise. The common area is right outside the rooms. The floor boards and wooden bunks make alot of noise when people are movin around. There seems to be no respect for quiet and lights out after 11pm (general hostel ettiquete) and nothing done about that.

31st Jul 2016

Good location, they offer day trips to palenque and connections to Guatemala. I don't know why towel is included but they don't give it to you, you have to ask for it explicitly. I asked for a lower bed, they told me they were already booked but that was not true (empty lower beds in my doorm...)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2016

Amazing hostel with a great atmosphere and facilities. Heaps of places to chill out, relax and socialise. The beds were super comfortable and the whole space was always kept clean. The free breakfast is delicious and we really enjoyed the free mojitos! San Cristobal is an amazing place and this is the best place to stay while you explore it

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2016

Really liked this place, the beds are super comfy and plenty plug sockets, loads of the communal space and really nice rustic feel, the staff are really helpful and friendly. The garden is great has a really nice looking bar although never saw it open even though we stayed on a Saturday, looked like it had potential to be really fun party vibes although we didn't mind cos we were happy with a few chill days. Would recommend.

25th Jun 2016

Great hostel really you get bank for your money also breakfast is soooo good. People are great and the bar is really fun I highly recommended

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
7.4

Good location, nice hostel. During my stay the atmosphere wasn't the greatest as few people spent time in the common area - might just depend on the crowd though.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
20th May 2016

Great hostel, nice atmosphere and wonderful staff!

14th May 2016

Good atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Very good breakfast. Spacious common areas. I had to move my bed last day of my stay but instead of a bunk bed I was given a double bed in a quiet room which helped a lot as I wasn't feeling well. I appreciate their kind thought very much.

• India, Female, 31-40
28th Apr 2016

I booked a private room and got a room with 8 beds and it was hard to explain to the callous manager what to me was a private room with twin or double bed who thought why I wasn't happy having extra beds!!! But apart from that, found my experience good. The female staffs were very helpful when they knew I wasn't keeping very well. Breakfast was warm and one had choice. Good location tho' noise from outside in weekends may keep one awake. Spacious and quiet. Enough space to lounge and relax.

• Poland, Couple, 18-24
25th Apr 2016

When we were there there was mojito and pizza night. The best pizza we've ever eaten! Clean rooms, good location, very friendly staff.