Puerta Vieja Hostel Reviews

Calle Diego de Mazariegos 23, Barrio de La Merced, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Breakfast is amazing and the hammocks in the back yard are great for an afternoon siesta. They usually have a fire going each night in the backyard also that you can sit around, enjoy a few drinks from the bar and socialise. The only drawbacks are the lack of laundry facilities (but there's plenty just around the corner) and no common computers to use (although there is good WiFI).

Great outdoor area w firepit and hammocks, great staff. amazing breakfast! Stay here!

Really lovely hostel. Staff are all very friendly and helpful, the bonfire in the garden was really nice. In walking distance of anywhere you would need in the city.

Excellent location, breakfast is really good, internet is fast enough, staff is friendly.

highly recomended

Exactly what you would want a hostel to be, actually it is better than hostel standard. Beautifully restored building, comfortable dorm beds. Attention to detail is to a high standard and everything works fine, at time of writing. Great breakfast included. One of the best hostels around, anywhere. Will be even better once the sauna works.

we were only in San Cristobal for one night! but I will definitely stay at Puerta Vieja again! The staff were wonderful in helping our group be comfortable, arrange transportation and find our way around San Cristobal. the facilities are great, nice kitchen and yard, big rooms, and everyone was so friendly! The campfire at night was a great way to meet people from all over the world. Thank you so much for everything!

Best facilities of the trip. Really rate the breakfast and the outside fire at night. They do charge you $50 deposit for extra blankets, which you get back, but was a surprise.

Simply one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in (and we have stayed in hostels all over the world!). Many thanks to Fernando for being such a welcoming and helpful host. Totally recommended.

I really had a great time in this hostel! The staff is nice, the beds are super-comfortable and everything is really clean. The breakfast is different every day and its always amazing! The only problem i had: some of the staff really can't speak english very well, you always jad to look out for the english speaking staff!

Amazing Hostel..great location, comfortable beds, best breakfast I have had in Central America, great staff and really awesome owners! This hostel is one of the best I have stayed in!

Great Hostel, great staff, great location + AWESOME breakfast. I have stayed in many hostels around the world and I was so very happy my best rated hostel in my book is in my own country. 1. Staff: Pretty damn helpful. They will answer any question you may have + they would go out of their way to tell you where, how, why, when, who. 2. Location: Very central. You're two blocks from the main plaza, walking corridors, sights, etc. 3. BREAKFAST: are you serious! ?

Nice hostel. Big and spacious. Solid bunks and good facilities. Very clean. Staff friendly, although could do more to offer advice on stuff to do in the area. Would definitely recommend this hostel to other travellers.

We were very pleased with everything and had a great time in San Cristobal!

• 28th Dec 2013

Beautiful spacious rooms, but COLD when we stayed in December. Curtains didn't really block windows. Good hot showers, delicious two choice breakfast an coffee inthe morning( great pancakes) Helpful staff for booking other hostels. Common area dark at night, and open air adding to chilliness.

I love this place! From the open architecture of the building, over my clean and comfy room, to the garden with bonfires in the evening. When I arrived staff even knew my name. It's a great place to meet other travellers, close to the Zocalo and has a guest kitchen. There is real water-pressure coming out the showers (no kidding) and hot (!) water!!! The only thing was that there is no warm and cosy common room, for when it gets chilly at night.

Great hostel with excellent breakfast included, but remember its very cold in SCC this time of year at night/early morning so you will need warm clothes/extra blankets in this hostel.

vThis is probably the nicest hostel I have stayed in. The location, staff, atmosphere and facilities are great. The beds are comfortable and warm and you get your own large locker with each bed. The breakfast is very good and you get a choice between two dishes which change every day. I would definitely recommend this place.

Best hostel I ever stayed in! Perfect facilities (showers, bed) breakfast was amazing, good vibe at the fire at night ;-)

Nice hostel with pleasant atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. We higly recommend it.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels