Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1961 Total Reviews

A nice hostel with very helpfull staff, its a 2 year old building so you dont get old showers or such that actually needed to be replaced for a long time (as in most hostels) It is a little bit loud with the subway system right next door but it makes it an ideal location to get anywhere in the city!

Subway right near the Q4 Hotel: Excellent transport connection, but lots of noise (even at night).

• 11th Jun 2014

I had a great stay at Q4. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and location was excellent. 20 minutes walk from central park or less than 10 minutes in the subway.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

I absolutely loved my stay! check in/out were both very easy; i arrived before my room was ready, but they checked my bag for free. I was in New York for a wedding, and the proximity to the Queens Plaza subway station made it easy to get into and out of the city. the room was clean, and actually much nicer than some hotels i've stayed at. of course, the reviews i read about noise from nearby train tracks was very true, but the free earphones provided at the front desk completely eliminated that!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to possibly having you visit us in the future. Thanks for choosing the Q4! Diana Q4 Management

Q4 had an amazing common area, which nobody ever seemed to be in. The majority of staff were pretty unhelpful and they couldn't give much advice about anything. I also had to check out and move rooms 4 times in my stay of 11 nights, as did most other guests (apparently you have to email right after online booking, requesting one room...) Carrying suitcases up and down three flights of stairs every other morning is a huge pain, but apparently nothing can be done about it. Complaints were ignored.

• 5th Jun 2014

1.location is good.although it is in Brooklyn,but it is near to the subway,and if you get on the subway,it will take you 10 mins to times square(the most popular place in Manhattan) 2.it is very very clean here,feels like everything is new.(it seems more like hotel not hostel) 3.staffs are nice and warm heart. 4.free wifi,no breakfast.

Awesome place to stay met tons of people here and it's really close to a subway station.

• 5th Jun 2014

everything is good except noisy outside. If you can fall asleep quickly, that is a good place. close to railway.

• China

I do not have a bad word to say about Q4. Our room was spotless, the staff were so helpful and I would have to say that it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It is a little noisey at night but it's New York, it is loud everywhere!! When I am back in New York this is the place I will be staying!!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

i really like the hostel... its always peaceful running over the queens borough bride was amazing this time.. train right there and peaceful... but why the tbs are never working for the guest..? need my mtv also.. all time.

Really Nice place. clean, safe, friendly. staff was helpful with any questions, the rec room was always clean and nice vibe when people where around

• 3rd Jun 2014

First time in a Hostel. May have been spoiled from this one... The rooms are very clean and even trendy... go figure. This will be my headquarters from now on when I travel to NYC.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Overall the stay was pleasant enough for its expenses, but the staff's ridiculous mistake (that lead to them dragging us up from our beds in the middle of the night and trying to throw one of us out on the basis of him being a NY upstate resident) was just absurd.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Finland

The staff didn't seem too enthusiastic about helping hostel visitors, and their service was average at best. Additionally, a TV is blasting in the lobby 24 hrs a day. If you are unfortunate enough to sleep on the main floor, you'll be hearing it all night...even after you and your roommates go to sleep. The main door to the building is left unlocked all day. It wouldn't be difficult for someone to walk in off the street and use the common areas. However, individual rooms do lock.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Thank you for having booked you stay with us at Q4! Sorry to hear of your experience. With regards to the Main door being unlocked it is only because our facility is indeed open 24 hours and we do not have a curfew for guest convenience. As you may have noticed we are monitored by Video Cameras 24/7 and offer additional overnight security. Again thank you for staying with here at Q4!

This was a cheap (for one person), clean place to stay in a location very close to Manhattan and with exceptional access to public transit. I didn't find the atmosphere to be particularly social. I will echo some of the previous comments in that I do really think they should put handsoap in the bathrooms. I had my own hand sanitizer with me, but it was kind of gross to think about how other people are likely walking around without having washed their hands.

Hello, my name is Diana Gomez-Romero one of the managers here at Q4. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of installing hand soap dispensers in all of the rooms. Thank you for choosing us.

nice staffs, nice kitchen, good location cause it is close to subway. One thing that I would recommend is the price should included taxes while booking, the taxes is pretty high.

• 29th May 2014
  • Thailand

The place is really nice, very close to the subway. Although, the noise from the train is kind of annoying.

• 24th May 2014

No soap??? Really??? It was a real pain to have to go out and buy it. I've never been to a hotel that doesn't have it. It costs less than a dollar. Please fix that.

• 24th May 2014

Hello, we are presently working on getting soap in all of the guest rooms. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for staying with us.

Although Q4 Hotel is not located in Manhattan, the actual distance/time to the city (Midtown) is shorter than many other hostels in the Manhattan Island. Very convenient bc the subway stations are so close by. The downside is that you can hear the trains passing by all the time. The staff are helpful and super friendly. I feel very welcomed every time I returned to the hostel - they always smiled at and greeted you. Yes I definitely recommend Q4 for traveling to NYC.

• 23rd May 2014

Location is convenient. Queens Plaza is like a huge transportation hub so even during night the traffic noise is avoidable. But for me, since I went back to the hostel quite late and very tired, I still had sound sleep without any problem. I stayed at a four-bed female room, which overall is quite good. I like the way the washing sink, the toilette and the shower are all separated. Very clean! would be perfect if there is a table in the room though. I like the big kitchen and common room a lot!