Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Great Location

nice place to stay, staff is good, the only problem is place is located near metro passage so is noisy

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We are looking for ways to minimize the outside noise. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Considering NY prices for hotels, cost benefit of Q4 is amazing. It is 1-5 minutes away from 3 different subway stations/lines, and that is priceless. Only thing "awkward" about it is that the atmosphere is completely opposite from hostels in Europe or South America, where in here people feels that are on their own.

• 13th Nov 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time out to review us. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We are trying to find ways to improve the hotel atmosphere while staying safe for guests.

The hostel room I stayed in was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the staff very nice. As for the location, it was very convenient (close to the subway). However, because of the noises from the subway station, it can be hard to sleep throughout the night.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Senegal

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We are currently looking for ways to better improve the noisiness. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Had the unfortunate luck of being on a top bunk under noisy air con machine. On the 1st night I got very little sleep as the machine switched on and off at regular intervals. I asked to move beds and was told this was not possible however the bed under me remained empty for 2 of my remaining 3 nights. I was told the air con could be turned off however it would kick in automatically during the night, meaning I would need to go to reception to ask them to turn it off even at 3am.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review. We apologize for any uneasiness you felt while staying with us. We are actively looking for ways to improve these mishaps with the air conditioner.

Justin the receptionist is an absolute asset to Q4. He made the stay for me and others like home away from home. A nice comfortable atmosphere

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. I will make sure to relay this message to Justin. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Pungent smell in the hostel when checking in I was not greeted, the staff were unfriendly and rude. They did not say hello they were only interested in the payment. When we finally got to check in to the room, it was extremely hot and the staff stated that they could not change the settings so every night everyone in the room was waking up hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. The room was supposed to be cleaned daily although there was lots of bugs in the bathroom and mould. charged for bag storage!!!

• 8th Nov 2015

Dear valued guest, We apologize for the cold and unfriendly reception you received upon check-in. We strive for excellent customer service & again our sincerest apologies that is not what you received. We will implement a retraining process for all staff. The temperature in the room can be controlled by the guests & the front desk can also help the guests adjust to their desired temperature. Please consider visiting us again & we would love to make your stay a pleasant one. Q4 Guest Relations

So there is one thing I want from a hostel and that is sleep but between the plastic covered bed and the constant LOUD noise from the road and trains i barely slept for 4 nights

• 8th Nov 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review. We apologize for any uneasiness you felt while staying with us. We are actively looking for ways to improve the noise level in the rooms. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests, we appreciate it so much.

The access to all area in NY city is excellent.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. kindly, Lexi

I feel this place would have scored higher should I not have stayed in another hostel close by which outperformed it in both atmosphere and cleanliness. It's still a great place to stay in NY with a great location but I feel that you can get better value for money elsewhere.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to possibly accommodating you in the future. kindly, Lexi

So we arrived around 1AM and the guy at the front had us waiting around for almost 2 hours because his computer was down. Check out is at 11AM the next day. I believe by this time he should have put us in a room because this type of business is unprofessional. I understand that he would need to charge us for the remaining amount before doing so but they already charged me for holding the beds and have my credit card information so I just couldn't understand the hold up.

• 3rd Nov 2015

I had a great visit here.felt like i was in safe hands and the staff are great. Thanks guys and gals!

• 2nd Nov 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests, we appreciate it so much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

We stayed 10 days at Q4 and, in general, was very enjoyable. Facilies are excellent and staff is super helpful. Location is very good, you can take the metro right across the street and won't have any problem to move around the city from there. Considering the average prices of NY, Q4 is the best option we found.

really nice hostel!! easy to access, friendly staffs, clean and comfortable rooms, good wifi, and cheap price. perfect!!!

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Japan

Great but under a railway and near a busy road so didn't sleep well!

• 29th Oct 2015

i stayed for 3 nights at this hotel, subway station close to the hotel, staff is cool and kind :-) i really wanna visit again!

• 29th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Good place to stay!

The hostel is close to metro tracks which are very noisy. Moreover, we asked for a room on a better side of the hostel, but the young lady hardly looked for that.

Room and facilities were decent. Downside was noise from trains frequently passing by, which may put us off staying here again. Location isn't the greatest part of New York, but shops are close by, there are a couple of decent bars (try the Baroness), and nearby subway stations provide easy and quick access to Manhattan.

The Room was super clean and cute. But the mattress was extremely uncomfortable and the room was insanely loud! But we loved the staff, and the area was just perfect and a good price. Just beware that the mattress is really uncomfortable, be ready to head train breaks all night and honking horns and a tiny little sink.

• 23rd Oct 2015