Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

I spent a night in the ground floor 6 mixed dorm room. The bed was comfortable enough and bathroom very spacious and great shower, however there weren't enough lockers for everyone (4 lockers in a 6 bed dorm... do the math...) and my bed (as well as well as a couple others) didn't have sockets to charge my phone or a light. There was a lot of noise from the street and from the trains but all in all a good enough night. Great location and nice enough atmosphere.

My weekend holiday to NY was excellent and a great location to stay is always a plus. The location is a 15 minute subway ride from Midtown Manhattan and a 3 minute walk from subway stop. Others complain about noise level due to subway; however, it wasn't too much of a nuisance. My room slept 8 guests all from around the world and was a great opportunity to meet and socialise with them. The facilities are exceptionally clean, safe, and inviting. Wifi free!

For female 6 beds I suggust you guys bring ear plugs with you because you will hear the train all night. I'm lucky to have that and I sleep very well. And for the other rooms I don't know. Location is really extremely great it's just 2 mins from queens plaza train.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

The hostel is two subway stops away from central park and less than a 5 minute walk from two different subway stations, so it is super easy to get to and from manhattan. The rooms are clean and each bed has a personal light and outlet nearby. The only thing is that its right next to an above ground subway, so it is pretty noisy. Bring earplugs if you can't fall asleep with noise.

• 10th Jul 2015

Very clean, functional, and fun. A good place to rest your head at night before hopping the N Train into the city each morning. So conveniently located just a block away from the subway; 5min ride into the heart of Manhattan! Made great friends with my bunk mates over the last few nights. Staff is helpful and efficient!

• 10th Jul 2015

i had a great time there.i was able to make the ladies behins the desk laugh.i enjoyed their smiles very much.a couple of other people asked questions.that was fine with me.in all an excellent time.

So very clean! Very close to an easy subway station that I never had to worry if I was on a local or express train.

The subway and busy street could be heard all night, and there was early morning construction outside the window. Easy to get everywhere with two subway stops nearby, helpful staff.

It's an OK and relatively cheap hostel close to Queensboro plaza with good access to the entire city through the Metro. Would definitely stay here again, mostly because of location and price.

Very clean hostel, one block from 2 subway stations. Atmosphere could be improved by activities or TV shows, TV games that could distract or engage people in the living room.

Chilled-out mid-size hostel in an excellent location for subway access: trains directly to the airport and to most of Manhattan and Brooklyn are a short walk away. However, one of those train lines is elevated and the noise would bother a light sleeper, especially in the front room that I was in. (That said, the front dorm room is very convenient!)

I liked my stay at the Q4 New York. The only thing I did not like was that I was the only one in the room (5 bed female dorn) that didn't have a plug or a small reading lamp at my bed.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Nice hostel. Decent location. Zero atmosphere. Average staff.

I didn't spend a lot of time inside the hostel but I have had a great experience! It was my first time in an hostel, so I was kind of worried, but everything went just fine. The only thing I would complain was the drain of the shower that was taking too long to drain the water. Two things you may be disturbed: The sound of the train (But is really just one small background sound and I was by the window.) and the restroom door it is a sliding door.

• 7th Jul 2015

This was one of the nicest hotels I stayed. I was a bit worried about moving away from Manhattan and enter Queens. But, it was a small train ride away from midtown Manhattan and the place was as safe as I could have wished for.

This hostel is a cheap/well located option to visit NY. However, the atmosphere and facilities do not create that much interaction among guests... I would consider it for a second visit to NY

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your review. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We are looking into different things to liven the atmosphere. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Kindly, Lexi Q4 Staff

Considering the prices in New York, it's a good deal. It´s a nice place very close to the subway station. Perfect to just spend the night and discover the city the rest of the day.

Very convenient location considering it is not in Manhattan. Close to 6 different subway lines at 2 different stations so very convenient to get around. Approx 15-20 minutes to Times Square and many other attractions. Room was good; there were not plugs/lights at every bed so that was inconvenient. Washroom is spacious, but the one in my room seemed to have some sort of mildew smell. Not the best atmosphere, but staff was good. Noisy since it's very close to subway, also has construction atm.

We loved our stay at Q4 the place was lovely, clean and modern. We arrived on 4th of July and the staff took us to see the fireworks. The staff were lovely. Also the common areas were really good with pool table and ping pong table and also outside our room was another lounge area that was really cosy and relaxing. The only downside is the hostel is beside the subway tracks so it is noisy but they give you ear plugs so it wasn't an issue

• 4th Jul 2015

The staff were lovely and the hostel was very cool and in a brilliant location! So close to two subway stations! We didn't spend a lot of time there due to travelling but it was easy to get to and lovely when we were there!

• 3rd Jul 2015