Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, New York, USA

Bathroom and room quite simple, but decent. Very big common room with pingpong, pool, complete kitchen, nice couches and chairs. Really liked the pillow room! Biggest common room I have seen in a hostel. Other people said it was noisy because of the trains. Maybe it was just my room, but it did not bother me and after a certain time it was quiet. The staff behind the desk was reasonable but, especially at nights, moody and not really friendly.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Very, very nice. Thanks the lady at reception who printed some important documents for me. Staff are really accommodating, cozy place, excellent facilities. Will definitely stay here again when I get back to NYC.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Great location. Quick trip into Manhattan. Clean. I enjoyed the common area. You can cook yr own food in the kitchen if u like. I wash able to wash & dry my clothes. I met great people in the evening when I was winding down. Bring a padlock even though the locker can be easily opened if u pulled hard enough. But didn't really find it necessary to lock up my stuff. I felt safe leaving my stuff out & not have anything missing.

This is my second stay at Q4, and this is now my go-to budget hostel in NYC. The location is great, the facilities are clean, and the staff helpful. I am happy to give Q4 excellent ratings, as it's a great value for the money.

I really liked this hostel. The staff were great and the hostel is well located. There are 3 metro stations near the hostel, so it's easy to go everywhere even at night when the metro operates with less lines. There are two common rooms in the hostel where you can enjoy a lot.

Great location, a short subway ride into the middle of NYC and all the sites! Subway station right across the road. Close to a supermarket and a deli for a delicious and cheap breakfast! Great hostel to see NYC from.

Decent hostel. I appreciated that the staff let me check-in early (their policy states check-in at 4pm but they allowed me to come in at 8am). There is a subway line right outside the hostel that takes you straight to Downtown Manhattan.

I only stay for one night. But it's a clean hostel, next to the subway station. If you don't want to be inside Manhattan it's a great deal. But the traffic in the morning from street and subway can wake you up.

Clean location with shower in the dorm and it's near the Subway stations (therefore very noisy). Unfortunately, it's not really for meeting new people, and no breakfast included. But common kitchen and supermarket around.

Interesting set up with showers in the rooms (8 bed room ). You wouldn't want to venture out after dark here . Easy enough to get the subway into Manhattan . Staff are friendly enough . Not much atmosphere

It was a well equipped and clean hostel with good access to the subway. Next time I will however pay a few dollars extra to stay in Manhatten. The staff was ok but nothing out the ordinary. Atmosphere was less communicative and social than I am used to from other hostels (and I don´t mean I was looking for a party hostel). Maybe its just the overpriced dorms that put me off though. Overall I give it around 60 to 70%.

Everything is nice there, it' also very clean and there is a lot of space in the comon area. The wifi work well even in the dorm. This is a 5 star Hostel....

Great place to stay, as always!

Good location, clean, friendly stuff.... it was one of the best hostel I have ever stayed It is a bit noisy due to the train track.... ear plugs they supply will completely kill the noise. There are something to suggest about facilities. 1. It is better to have shower room outside of rooms especially for when everyone is sleeping, 2. I was on the top of bunk bed. Power plugs were all located at the bottom and was hard to use those. 3.Shower did not have enough space to change clothes.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Japan

They didn't give me the bed I ordered but charged me more without telling me, then tried to blame it on hostelworld.

Hello thank you again for staying with us here at Q4! Sorry to hear of your experience. Original booking was for a mixed dorm as per policy as a single traveler you ran the risk of being changed to the appropriate dorm at check in if not before. It was indeed for the same rate which is why we corrected the amount and processed a refund for the $2 discrepancy. Apologies again for any confusion.

very noisy because of trains . they need to put little pockets with velcrow on each bed to pout glasses,pcell phones ipods in a womans glasses were broken as they fell from th bed and someone going to the bathrooom in the night crunched them.a little shelf or tabkle would be nice.a bed over each bed which i have seen in Europe is very convenient.Please remind guests to make their bed before they go out at night to avoid putting the light on at 3a.m. to make their bed and wakinf\ the others.

Really clean and new hostel. Helpful staff and lots of facilities. Unfortunately when I was there it seemed really quiet and people tended to keep themselves to themselves so not a lot of atmosphere. Location is brilliant, right near to the subway stations but unfortunately this meant that the train noise was very loud in the rooms. Bring ear plugs!

a good hostel with friendly helpful staff, only criticism is my room was pretty noisy being so near the train line and other traffic but have to expect that in the city that never sleeps

• 1st Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

I had a good time staying at this place. really enjoyed the halloween party. you guys should do stuff like that more. almost every young traveller likes partys ;)

The internet was quite slow, which is pretty important to me, and didn't always work in the basement. I had to bring my computer upstairs to get the wifi going, and then it usually would work downstairs, but it was always slow.