Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1903 Total Reviews

the location is perfect, the hostel is very clean and the value for money is excellent, i really recommend this hostel, i will come back

• 9th May 2014
  • Colombia

I found this hostel at a last minute as my first hostel was a nightmare. This place is amazing, it's so nice and clean. Each bed has it's own light and power point and even usb charging points. The noise of the train is quite loud, but once you put ear plugs in you have a good night's sleep. The common rooms and kitchen were also well maintained and in good condition. There are 2 subway stations within 2-5min walking distance which is very handy.

The hotel was very clean and you could tell it was newly renovated (in a good way). The room was fine, but we never spent much time in it. This is because the facilities at this hotel are great - I spent my entire hotel time in the basement mingling with the other guests. There is a big screen TV, ping pong table, pool table, full kitchen amenities, board games, and more downstairs at this hotel. This is where all the fun is, and I enjoyed my stay because of those facilities.

• 5th May 2014

Thank you staying with us! We so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are actively working to offer even more amenities here at Q4 so please think of us in any future travel plans to NYC. Thank you -Q4 Management

The Location is Alright, the room nice, clean and well equipped but a little loud. Value For Money seems to be okay. The day we left, we asked to leave our luggage for about three hours. We had stayed there for three night, spent almost 500$ and they charged us for it additionally - outrageous.

The hostel was just fine. I was only there for the night, so I guess I don't have a lot of opinions on how it ran or the facilities, but it looks like they had a great kitchen, and the common room was spacious and had lots to do. My only complaint is that they didn't seem to have lockers, though they said they did. There's also no alcohol allowed there, so be ready for that.

Hello, thank you for your review. We do provide lockers in the guest rooms. I do apologize if for some reason there wasn't any in your room. I am now doing a through inspection to make sure all rooms have the lockers available. Q4 is a drug and alcohol free establishment to assure the safety of all our guests. We do apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us. Diana-Q4 Management

No Manhattan but well located. Steps from Queens Plaza and Queensboro. The staff was nice and helpful. It's noisy. Especially the first floor . No breakfast included and for the price it seems to be a joke but that is very common in the states. Next time I'll try somewhere else.

The staff treated us poorly and the wait while they helped us was ridiculous. It took them 40 mins to check us into the hotel. We were the only people in the lobby but the employee kept turning around to watch the incredible loud tv instead of helping us. The room was clean but it sat next multiple train tracks and multiple highways. We were unable to change the temp in our own room and when we asked for them to turn it on they turned it down 2 degrees. The room was incredible hot all night!

Please accept our apologies for your experience while staying at the Q4.We strive for excellent customer service & on behalf of my staff and myself I'd like to offer our sincerest apologies that this standard was not met.Our cooling system was having difficulties that have since been corrected. Please consider staying with us again and be assured this will not happen again.Q4 is adjacent to the train system and a main highway. We are actively working on ways to possibly lessen the noise.

The hostel is located near Queensboro Plaza station. You just have to walk 2 blocks to get to the station and you can take 7 to get to Manhattan. The room was clean. The thing i like the most in this hostel is the activities room which is in the basement. You can hear the train at night but it was not a problem for me because I am able to fall asleep easily. But if you cannot bear the sound, I would say look for another place.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

The staff should be more nice

This is a nice place, everything is close from here

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Ideal location right next to the subway stop with direct access to JFK and Manhattan. Perfectly clean, hotel-like security, nice showers (stayed in a private ensuite), fully equipped kitchen, grocery and take-away 5 min away on foot. I'm usually very sensitive to it but the noise from subway is bearable and saves you on higher costs of staying in Manhattan. Aircon is a bit tricky - either too hot or cold.

Nice and new hostel, really close to Manhattan. Just a little bit loud because of the subway, but earplugs are available for free.

• 15th Apr 2014

Staff is great. Place is veru convenient. Big minus - the noise from the railroad.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Ukraine

I thought this place was pretty great!!! I was in a room with two other people and had our own bathroom… It was freaking hot… but once you got used to it, that was fine… Value for money was great and the location was fantastic! I would most definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent!!!

• 1st Apr 2014

they need to replace the strings on the guitars in the common room... pretty much says it all: picking nits

Good location, nice staff, super clean and 2 seconds walk from the metro. Good hostel.

Basically it's a very good hotel. Location is very good and staff is very kind. However, it is a bit noisy because front staff enjoyed chat and music with large volume. If you are not very sensitive for this kind of noise, I recommend this hotel to you.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Japan

The location was the best. It could be less expensive, but was OK. I enjoyed my stay there.

Once again very impressed as staff so friendly and very helpfull, much more quieter without the building work going on next door now and the facilities superb. highly recommend anyone going as its value for money and perfect for metro and bus services and direct route from JFK.