Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

I can not recommend this Hostel - very unpleasant staff and customer service - you have to pay for storing luggage (even in check-out day), wait for check in (we had to wait till 4 PM), noisy train around hostel, lamps did not work, noisy and unwilling staff etc...nothing special.

• 15th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Dear Valued Guest, Let me begin by apologizing for my staffs' lack of attention and customer service. We strive for the best customer experience and we apologize that this is not what you received. We attempt for early check-in but 4pm is the standard check-in for most hotels. Luggage storage fees are only charged upon departure if the guest does not have a future reservation. I have noted your complaints & will personally assure that they will be taken care of. Thank you for choosing Q4!

Right across the plaza from the subway! Very clean and safe.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your review and please come visit us again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations Manager

My traveling companion and I were incredibly pleased with our room at Q4. We arranged for a private room with en suite bathroom. When we arrived, we deemed it just like the pictures showed - except the bed was a Queen (instead of a full size) - even better! It was very clean, and the room was thoughtfully considered, with enough amenities to hang and store your clothing, jackets, and toiletries. The bathroom was clean and updated with new fixtures. The air conditioning unit worked great!

• 14th May 2015

Wonderful hotel/hostel, location perfect, stuff nice and helpful.

• 14th May 2015
  • Croatia

I used to stay at the Chelsea Highline Hotel whenever I came to NY to see shows. No longer! Didn't realize how much better a hostel experience could be. Q4 is now my go to place to stay. Clean, spacious with common areas, super friendly and helpful staff. The only negative was that the wifi was hit or miss in my room and in the common areas. Once my devices were connected it was okay, but I kept going through stretches where my devices wouldn't connect, and that was frustrating.

• 12th May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We appreciate it so much. Our apologies for the issues with our wi-fi connection, we are currently in the process of finding another cable and internet provider. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a future. Lexi Q4 Front Desk

Good place, great price. If you're travelling alone, it's much better than staying in a hotel. Not too expensive and it's location means you don't have to have a car to get to it, unlike most motels .

• 12th May 2015
  • India

Great location, very easy and fast to go to Manhattan. Good environment and excellent staff.

• 10th May 2015

I like it, near the queenzbora plaza subway station.

• 10th May 2015
  • China

With the exception of one, the staff were totally uninterested in the guests. Once, I left my key in my room and explained the situation to the desk - they gave me a new one without even asking for my name! My laptop was in that room and anyone could have got the key! One of my friend's camera went missing from the common area and the staff showed no initiative to check CCTV, nada. And when I came to check out, the guy laughingly said I had overpaid by one night (I had not) - zero consideration!

Excellent location, affordable for young people ... fun and surprisingly quiet in the room even across from the very loud train . 10 min to times square. Clean rooms , fun kitchen :)

• 8th May 2015
  • Ukraine

In general, all's good. The hotel - or shall we say it, hostel - is new, the staff are mostly young (at the concierge). The location is just one/two stops from Manhattan, it's in the Long Island City. But our well-designed room is not for light sleepers as it's next to the elevated train tracks, so it's constantly noisy.

• 6th May 2015
  • Indonesia

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We appreciate it so much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Lexi Q4 Front Desk

This place is a treasure! Love the design, location FANTASTIC, safe, new, great staff. For my future trips to NY the ONLY OPTION

Dear Valued, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We appreciate it so much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a future. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Very clean, good size rooms. Bathroom is small and the sink takes some getting used to so you don't splash everywhere. Staff was helpful. Only complaint was that I asked for the staff to call me a taxi and they called me a car service - which would've been fine, except I asked for a taxi so I could pay with credit card, instead, the car had to stop at a bank and I had to take money out and be charged an additional fee.

Staff were very un-helpful and un-friendly, wouldn't strike up conversation or even reply to you if you made the effort too. Tv didn't work downstairs and providing some of the basic cooking supplies such as oil would have been good. The room was clean but the sockets were very sketchy, mine hung off the wall, sparked, plug wouldn't stay in and the usb ports didn't work. It was also incredibly noisy due to the subway. The redeeming factor was the lovely travellers I met along the way.

Dear Valued Guest, First, let me apologize for the staff lack of professionalism and courtesy. This is not something we tolerate at our property.We are undergoing a whole re-training process of all personnel here at Q4.Since our kitchen is communal we provide all the utensils and appliances needed for cooking but we do not provide any of the food due to dietary concerns.We are inspecting and replacing all of our sockets & usb ports.We are looking fpr ways to lessen the subway noise.Thank you!

The location is excellent! Just few minutes walk from metro station. Staff are very helpful and friendly. I observed they did their to cater the needs of my roommates. Hairdryer is not available in the room, but can borrow one from reception. The kitchen wasn't very clean. There were rotted apples and oranges on the table. Even though they asked guests to label tgeir food in the fridge. It seems that they did not throw away expired food regularly. I saw milk and pizza from early April.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the condition of the kitchen. We have housekeeping here 7 days a week to maintain the property but we do ask guests to help maintain the common areas clean but cleaning up after themselves which is not always the case. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

First impressions: bright, clean, and everthing looked new. Big kitchen and two lounges were well equipped, but I didn't spend too much time there. The ensuite bathrooms in the dorms were convenience, as were electrical outlets for each bed. Not much of an envrionment though, but I guess most people were out early and come back late like me. Noise from subway could bother some, but front desk provides earplugs if needed.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • hotellimaoscar609

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing us. We will look into lightening up the vibe here and we look forward to serving you in the future. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Conveniently located for our purposes. Very basic room, but served its purpose.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate you staying with us. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Everything was fine though I had some problems with finding the facility due to construction works performed in the neighborhood. I had a really cosy room with the bathroom. The only things that bothered me was a bit unpleasant smell from the toilet sometimes and the noise from the trains outside the hostal though with the earplugs I had no problem with falling asleep.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. We appreciate you choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Excellent stay staff really good.

Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate your review of our hostel. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

The hostel lies at a good location, close to the subway (but you hear the noise). The staff is friendly, the common room is very nice and a computer with internet can be used for free. The rooms are relatively clean, but a bit small with little room for large suitcases. I didn't like that they charge $5 to store your bags. The matrasses were a bit hard and the curtains did not hold much light. The badroom is ensuite, so you might have to wait in the morning.