Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Very clean hostel and very good common room with plenty of space to mingle. Went to 4th July with group of ~20 plus our guides Justin and Kimberley and had a brilliant night. One or two regular group activities would really get guests mixing such as pub crawl or a yankees game. Highly recommended hostel!

This hostel lacks the normal hostel experience in that there isn't really much of an atmosphere and no organised activities to get talking to other people. Other than that though if you are literally just looking for a cheap place to stay it's a good option.

Positives about the hostel are the location, the basement lounge, and the interior design. Negatives include small sinks in the restrooms, maintenance was not available to repair the toilet in my room during most of my stay because it was over a weekend, Check-Out time of 11am is too early, and I think smaller versions of the basement lounge could be on ALL floors, not just the 2nd floor.

• 2nd Jul 2015

very very noisy ! It's a nightmare. In front of the subway. The atmosphere was very poor. There was no light in the bathroom. The wifi does not work very well during the night. No breakfast. And you have to pay if you let your lugage when you check out. The only positive thing 2 stops from Manhattan.

The hostel is overall good, cheaper than manhattan, and the subway is literally a few steps away. In 15 to 20 min you are visiting the best in NYC. The cleanliness was goos and the staff really nice. Although at the reception you may not feel the hostel vibe, downstairs in the common room there's a lot of games and entertainment. I stayed in a female room, and it was very nice. I recommend it.

• 1st Jul 2015

Everything is perfect in that Hostel, literally. I really enjoy the place, the location, the people, everything.. My only issue was that in 2 nights there was an old man in my room and he was snoring as he was a dying dinosaur!! It's not Hostel fault, just a comment!! I'll recommended to everyone, because it's just perfect!

• Venezuela

Real clean, friendly staff..

• 1st Jul 2015

The room I slept in for a single night was located next to a hellish loud metal-on-metal screeching train track. It's doable for just one night and the rest of the hostel is fine.

the employees are all kind and nice, and the location is perfect, it can't be closer to the subway station!! BUT the noise from MTA is sometimes annoying in the early morning, also the space is kinda crowded.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I found this hostel to be an extremely depressing place to stay. I've stayed in my fair share of hostels and I have never stayed in a place that lacked atmosphere so much. Nobody in the room spoke the entire time I was there, neither did they in the kitchen / lounge area (which is underground). The hostel lacks events and is basically a cheap place to stay for a couple of nights. Despite being in Queens, it does not take that long to get there from Manhattan on the subway. Would not stay again.

Staff spent nights in the basement drinking despite hostel rules against guests doing so, were also fairly unpleasant providing the minimum amount of service they could. Location is great with subway downtown very close. Atmosphere is better suited for visitors 25+. For those under that age i would highly recommend HI NYC. Also a note is that it is right next to an elevated train line, I had no problems with this but just a forewarning. Overall I found my experience to be very average.

• 29th Jun 2015

It was only a 5min ride on the subway to Manhattan and it was very easy to get there from JFK. The hostel itself isn't really near anything, but it's good that the subway is about a 1min walk away. The hostel is very clean and it's great that they offer free towels. The room I was in was a bit loud as it was right opposite the reception, I would reccommend bringing earplugs if you stayed here. Otherwise it was very comfortable.

Pro Great loacation. A very big plus point. if you are with friends good place to stay. Con They did not clean the room while I was there. The room was really dirty.

The stay as really comfortable. The location is just amazing. 1 minute to the Queens Plaza station which l provides transportation to Manhattan. Pretty safe location too. Facility as adequate for the price range. overall I would recommend it o anyone visiting new york and also stay there the next time I'm in NYC

• 27th Jun 2015
  • India

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We value your thoughts and opinions to help make the hostel experience better for guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future

I don't know what to think about Q4 Hotel. Great new bathrooms, comfortable beds, great facilities but very bad atmosphere : lots of noise (the hostel is just near streets with high traffic and of a air subway line), ans the hostel don't organize any activitie. So the facilities in the basement are not use most of time ! And every people just look his laptop or smartphone in common room. So contradicive feelings for me about Q4 Hotel.

• 26th Jun 2015

Overall so great Visit when its around 4th of July. They do a great event where they take you to the riverside in Brooklyn. Staff were very kind, especially Justin was very kind and showed us different parts of Queens. But they need to fix the soap machine. Overall, very good.

It was very clean. People were nice and helpful.

• 25th Jun 2015

I stayed for five nights here, I had booked an 8 bed mixed dorm but I was the only woman there! It was kind of awkward for me, so I moved to another room but I had to pay more. If you want to stay in a really really quiet place with a good location (very close tu subway station and manhattan) this is your hostel, if you are looking for a hostel to drink something and meet other people or have party time in it, you won't find that here. It is pretty and clean.

Dear Valued Guest, Our most sincere apologize for any uneasiness you felt while staying with us. We try to accommodate all guest to either male or female dorms if traveling alone. Guests are only accommodated to the mixed dorms as a last resort due to limited availability. We thank you for your review, as your thoughts and opinions help make the hostel experience better for other guests. Kindly, Lexi Q4 Staff

--- Very noisy - lots of train noise and traffic. Bathroom door closed very poorly - had to push really hard to close or open. Toilet paper holder was broken. Rooftop terrace was closed. Overall atmosphere of the hostel lacked of a good, friendly vibe. +++ Location. Very close to the subway.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for reviewing our property. Our apologies for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We have noted all the discrepancies in the room and have since corrected all the issues. We also apologize that the vibe was not to your liking. Q4 is adjacent to most major train lines making access into Manhattan quick and easy. We are actively looking for ways to possibly lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana-Q4 Guest Relations

The room we stayed in did not allow us to adjust the A/C. Although the staff at check in said that we were able to adjust it, we were unable to.

• 24th Jun 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. The guests may adjust the temperature of the A/C so again our apologies that you were unable to. Thank you for choosing us Diana Q4-Guest Relations