Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

1963 Total Reviews

Although Q4 Hotel is not located in Manhattan, the actual distance/time to the city (Midtown) is shorter than many other hostels in the Manhattan Island. Very convenient bc the subway stations are so close by. The downside is that you can hear the trains passing by all the time. The staff are helpful and super friendly. I feel very welcomed every time I returned to the hostel - they always smiled at and greeted you. Yes I definitely recommend Q4 for traveling to NYC.

• 23rd May 2014

Location is convenient. Queens Plaza is like a huge transportation hub so even during night the traffic noise is avoidable. But for me, since I went back to the hostel quite late and very tired, I still had sound sleep without any problem. I stayed at a four-bed female room, which overall is quite good. I like the way the washing sink, the toilette and the shower are all separated. Very clean! would be perfect if there is a table in the room though. I like the big kitchen and common room a lot!

Clean, comfortable, good staff and a great location!

I will come back

• 22nd May 2014

Good location and very clean, they provide locker but no lock, you need to buy one for $6, so please do bring your own lock.

Great location and clean Hostel, Atmosphere could be better..

• 17th May 2014

I will be back!! I had the best stay, awesome location and so comfortable there, the rooms are clean.. Only thing like others have said that the trains are noisy but I personally had no troubles sleeping!! I can't wait to come back in two weeks and will be on my list to stay on my next visit! Thanks Q4

My flight got in to NYC very late because of delays, so I called ahead to let them know so they wouldn't think I no-showed. So when I finally arrived, I got checked in and settled right away. My private room was what I needed: very no-frills (not even hand soap!), but good location, clean, helpful and friendly staff, and the right price. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 16th May 2014

There was no security at the establishment, and the door remained open at all times which means that anyone could have walked in at any time past the front desk if they wanted.

• 15th May 2014

Overall a good experience! Rooms are clean and the beds are comfy for a hostel. The staff was welcoming and helpful and in the lobby there are lots of coupons, maps and pamphlets to help inspire you to explore the city. Would definitely come back! It's also super close to two subway stations and really easy to get to from anywhere.

• 13th May 2014

The only inconvinient is the noise of the the trains and the traffic surrounding the hostel, although it provides free earplugs. Very close to 2 subway stations, and the relation quality x price it is worth it.

• 13th May 2014

overall, it is a good hostel to stay. there are some facility and equipment concern. the first is the ventilation in the bathroom does not function, which make the room humid. the second is the air-conditioner in the room does not work, which also make the room airless. the third is the window in the room is locked, which block the fresh air from coming in. other than the ventilation problem, the equipment and facilities are high quality and the cleanliness are perfect. security is good too.

• 10th May 2014
  • Taiwan

the location is perfect, the hostel is very clean and the value for money is excellent, i really recommend this hostel, i will come back

• 9th May 2014
  • Colombia

I found this hostel at a last minute as my first hostel was a nightmare. This place is amazing, it's so nice and clean. Each bed has it's own light and power point and even usb charging points. The noise of the train is quite loud, but once you put ear plugs in you have a good night's sleep. The common rooms and kitchen were also well maintained and in good condition. There are 2 subway stations within 2-5min walking distance which is very handy.

The hotel was very clean and you could tell it was newly renovated (in a good way). The room was fine, but we never spent much time in it. This is because the facilities at this hotel are great - I spent my entire hotel time in the basement mingling with the other guests. There is a big screen TV, ping pong table, pool table, full kitchen amenities, board games, and more downstairs at this hotel. This is where all the fun is, and I enjoyed my stay because of those facilities.

• 5th May 2014

Thank you staying with us! We so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are actively working to offer even more amenities here at Q4 so please think of us in any future travel plans to NYC. Thank you -Q4 Management

The Location is Alright, the room nice, clean and well equipped but a little loud. Value For Money seems to be okay. The day we left, we asked to leave our luggage for about three hours. We had stayed there for three night, spent almost 500$ and they charged us for it additionally - outrageous.

The hostel was just fine. I was only there for the night, so I guess I don't have a lot of opinions on how it ran or the facilities, but it looks like they had a great kitchen, and the common room was spacious and had lots to do. My only complaint is that they didn't seem to have lockers, though they said they did. There's also no alcohol allowed there, so be ready for that.

Hello, thank you for your review. We do provide lockers in the guest rooms. I do apologize if for some reason there wasn't any in your room. I am now doing a through inspection to make sure all rooms have the lockers available. Q4 is a drug and alcohol free establishment to assure the safety of all our guests. We do apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us. Diana-Q4 Management

No Manhattan but well located. Steps from Queens Plaza and Queensboro. The staff was nice and helpful. It's noisy. Especially the first floor . No breakfast included and for the price it seems to be a joke but that is very common in the states. Next time I'll try somewhere else.

The staff treated us poorly and the wait while they helped us was ridiculous. It took them 40 mins to check us into the hotel. We were the only people in the lobby but the employee kept turning around to watch the incredible loud tv instead of helping us. The room was clean but it sat next multiple train tracks and multiple highways. We were unable to change the temp in our own room and when we asked for them to turn it on they turned it down 2 degrees. The room was incredible hot all night!

Please accept our apologies for your experience while staying at the Q4.We strive for excellent customer service & on behalf of my staff and myself I'd like to offer our sincerest apologies that this standard was not met.Our cooling system was having difficulties that have since been corrected. Please consider staying with us again and be assured this will not happen again.Q4 is adjacent to the train system and a main highway. We are actively working on ways to possibly lessen the noise.

The hostel is located near Queensboro Plaza station. You just have to walk 2 blocks to get to the station and you can take 7 to get to Manhattan. The room was clean. The thing i like the most in this hostel is the activities room which is in the basement. You can hear the train at night but it was not a problem for me because I am able to fall asleep easily. But if you cannot bear the sound, I would say look for another place.

• 30th Apr 2014