Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, New York, USA

As other reviews have said, this hostel is new, clean, and safe. The location is great, close to two subway stations with easy access to Manhattan and all of Queens. It is of course also close to the tracks, so definitely pick up a pair of earplugs at the desk. Ensuite bathrooms are convenient; toilet, sink, and shower are all separate - helpful in a room of four women. There is no soap of any kind provided, FYI. Overall, a great place to crash for a few nights, which is all I needed.

I would recommend anyone from all over the world to stay at the Q4 in new york. Im just speechless on how my experience was here. I will be in the near future a regular here when I come to new york.

• 29th Oct 2013

とても綺麗で良かった。毎日お掃除もしてくれました。場所もJFKに行きやすく、マンハッタンへも便利でした。

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Japan

Very good atmosphere and facilities in the common areas. Great place to make friends and socialise. Rooms are slightly crowded and bathrooms are very small.

Very modern furnitured and clean place. It feels a little unpersonal more like a Hotel and there isn't a atmosphere like in europaen hostels to it, but maybe you can't expect that from a place in the US. Some guys of the stuff were really nice and helping. Others give you the feeling they just want to get rid of you so they can go on with there own stuff. All in all not a place to feel like home but if you are in NYC you won't stay in anyway!

Good hostel ! We had a tour to halloween parade, it was so good. I wanna recommend this hostel to my friends.

Absolutely loved this Hostel. It felt so comfortable to be there. The room was good, and the common Area/kitchen was so fun. We met a lot of people we will be keeping in contact with. Good staff! I will stay here any time I travel to New York.

• 27th Oct 2013

Very new, great common room with kitchen, sofas, billiard, etc. Stayed there for 2 nights and I mustn't complain about noise. It's on a big street, but it was okay. Be aware of: no taxes included, no breakfast, no alcohol allowed.

I've been to lots of hostels but this is the WORST PLACE EVER. It's the WORST BATHROOM I've seen in my life (and i've seen lots of ugly bathrooms). There's only a GLASS DOOR without lock separating the shower from the bedroom, even in mixed bedrooms. The toilet room is so small is hard even to get in. They have lots of crazy rules and punishments, besides they broke my lock and removed my things off saying that I was on the wrong bed, but it was an employee who told me to take that bed. Terrible

Room 302 - generally v pleased. Private double en-suite. Room layout could have been improved, lamp by bed instead of on drawers at end, bedside table instead of chair and a bag rack. 2 chest of drawers would have been much more useful in place of these rather than one large at the end of the bed. Could do with some soundproofing (noise of the city to be expected but internal noise very clear) also lack of sound absorption, maybe some soft furnishings?

• 26th Oct 2013

The only thing I didnt like was that the room got really cold @night. We asked to turn on the heater but even though it didnt become warm :(

• 25th Oct 2013

This hostel had no security whatsoever, the door to the street was unlocked all night and anyone could come and go as they please. The rooms were far too small for the amount of beds in them. The staff also lacked ability to answer basic questions. I have no idea why this place is rated so highly

Good hostel close to two subway stations. Very clean, big kitchen. Staff were helpful security was great. The dorms are really small and the showers and toilets are ensuits making it feel like you don't have much privacy. They are also really small with no place to put your dry things! For New York though its pretty good for the price!!!

Top and super clean location to explore NYC. Subway (right outside the door) will take you to Times Square in like 15 min. Also very easy to get to from JFK airport as it is right on the E line subway.

• 23rd Oct 2013

had a great stay. within walking distance of good eats and convienent to subways. cool hangout spaces and the front desk was exceptionally helpful.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Very close to subway so easy access...but also very noisy. Good kitchen space and generally nice place.

• Scotland

Very friendly staff. To get there take the Metro to Queens Plaza and look for a little park with benches and trees, right behind this park is the hostel. To get into the city (Time Square) it takes around 15 min, only disadvantage is the noise during the night, if you don't sleep easily bring headphones or ear-plugs.

Excellent. Good location and excellent cleaning!!!

It's near from subway but it's so far from Manhattan. There is no soap. However,staff are kind.

The Hostel is clean, the staff are supper nice and decent (all of them), respect others diversity. I am African Muslim woman and they are just fantastic. This is my second time to stay there and if I come again I will for sure choose to stay there as well. Only that someone has moved my lunch bowel from the fridge which surprised me...but this is nothing to be mentioned sometimes some visitors specially those on vacation tends to play the adventurers and by doing so get on your way :).

• 21st Oct 2013