Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

The staff at the Q4 were amazing; efficient, kind and FU-NNY! We had a great stay, will stay there again and will recommend the Q4 to friends.

• 17th Oct 2015

Instead of eight bed room, I paid extra for four bed room, hoping to sleep in a less crowded & quiet environment, but the room was located right beside the main road and the sound of train passing (every 8 minutes) so could not sleep at all. Not great at all for sleeping soundly.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel was conveniently located to public transportation and a great bargain. It's far enough from Manhattan that you won't want to come back to the hostel midday, but perfect if you're just using it as a place to sleep before heading out to explore. Everything worked and was clean. Agree with previous reviewers though, staff friendliness was hit or miss.

This hotel/hostel is brand new. Fast wifi. Beautiful lounge and kitchen. Pool table etc. Staff is nice. Location is what you cannot beat about this place! So fast to get into the city and everywhere that a tourist would need to go!

• 15th Oct 2015

Very clean. Great houskeeping service

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Spain

nice stay plus walk over 59 street bridge !

Can't complain for the price. Decent common areas and bedrooms, the showers were fantastic. Could use a second mirror in the female room. Really easy to get into the city.

The hostel was ok, average I would say. I waited more because of good ratings but maybe my standard is too high. There are little bit wierd rules like do not use own linen in the beds. I am not use the linen they had in hotel, the blanket was discussing as there were hundreds of brown long hairs on it. I guess daily cleaning for the rooms is to check if there is prohibited food or own linen in there. Not at least cleaning the floors (full of hair too). Staff average. Very noisy traffick.

Unbelievably loud!! I don't usually complain about noise, but this was horrible! From people outside, the subway, car horns,but the worst was every conversation had in reception! Not to mention endless large school groups every night running around yelling & slamming doors AND to top it off, the wifi didn't work the whole week I was there! Facilities are great,good location,nice kitchen,small rooms but comfortable beds. The wifi & noise were a huge issue for my stay & I wouldn't stay again!

The building is old, the location is not really good, lot of noise and windows really tight, A bit expensive but NYC is expensive so... Atmosphère, I can't tell, I was there only one night. Staff is ok, not more. The lockers have no lock-block, 6 dollars seems to be expensive, you can share it and we return you back with the bedroom-card access when we leave.

• 7th Oct 2015

Not too far away from Manhattan. Very noisy, there is a train right in front of the hostel which is very noisy and runs nearly all night. Windows are not insulated at all.

Just a very useful suggestion: hooks in all bathroom. As many as you can. No place to hang up all my staff. Thanks

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

I needed to stay in the city for a few days and this place was perfect. Super cheap compared to other places, and a very accessible location. The staff was very helpful. Rooms aren't the most comfortable, and there were only four lockers for the five people staying in the room... But again, very low cost. The other guests were pleasant and I didn't feel unsafe.

• 5th Oct 2015

Staffs are not that friendly and I was asking for something. In my room, there were several lights off but they seemed not checking the facilities. Even we turn lights on it was still too dark. And blankets we used had strong foot smell but we are not allowed to use our owns. I only like this hostels because of its location.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We apologize if the staff was unfriendly. We will undergo a retraining of all staff. Our blankets are cleaned by an outside company & we apologize if your blanket was not satisfactory. Please consider visiting us again as we would love to make your stay more memorable. Diana-Q4 Guest Relations

The staff was not too friendly on the rexeption and on mobile phones, would be nice having a more nicer attention to customers

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

Hotel was great, I like location only 2 min away from subway station. The staff should be more nicer, when I check in they did't tell me there is also common room and kitchen available

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

I really liked this hostel -really. I pray mgmt. maintains Q4 well, a fabulous and beautiful oasis. If Q4 were a yacht I'd name it "Q4 to Manhattan".

Q4 has good facilities and felt reasonably clean and modern. Couldn't really complain about the staff either they seemed helpful to me. Location was kind of great in terms of easy access to Manhattan. Did have two issues with Q4, the first was its proximity to the subway, really hard to get to sleep. The second issue was the atmosphere, because there wasn't any, none.

Really enjoyed my stay here, the pom I had on he ground floor had a great bathroom it a huge shower, could use a little self for your clothes to sit on but thats my only complaint. Big common area downstairs. Even though you aren't staying right in the city, it's right next to train station so it's easy to get to.

• 1st Oct 2015

Really good value for money hostel. The basement space is great with billiards and a ping pong table - good size kitchen also! Rooms are a little basic but perfect for saving money whilst you travel!