Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

Q4 has good facilities and felt reasonably clean and modern. Couldn't really complain about the staff either they seemed helpful to me. Location was kind of great in terms of easy access to Manhattan. Did have two issues with Q4, the first was its proximity to the subway, really hard to get to sleep. The second issue was the atmosphere, because there wasn't any, none.

Really enjoyed my stay here, the pom I had on he ground floor had a great bathroom it a huge shower, could use a little self for your clothes to sit on but thats my only complaint. Big common area downstairs. Even though you aren't staying right in the city, it's right next to train station so it's easy to get to.

• 1st Oct 2015

Really good value for money hostel. The basement space is great with billiards and a ping pong table - good size kitchen also! Rooms are a little basic but perfect for saving money whilst you travel!

This was first trip to New York City and I was traveling alone. I discovered this hostel on line with good rating. I agree with a 4.5 star rati,g for Q4 Hostel. The staff was extremely helpful. The rooms were clean, and the location when it comes to the subway is so convenient. The other travelers were so nice and friendly. I made some friends from around the world. I will always stay in a hostel when there's one available. The experience will bring me back.

• 1st Oct 2015

The staff here was very helpful and always very polite. There is no elevator so you have to carry all of your luggage up and down the stairs (3rd floor highest level). Private rooms should've had tvs in them at least, you get the bare necessities, no soap, no shampoo, no wash towels. The atmosphere of New York is very audible but the noise coming from the inside is a bit disturbing. You have to turn in your ID to watch tv down in the common area in the basement. Not bad just not my taste.

• 1st Oct 2015

the previous reviews seem spot on, I did not mind the trains noice, that is what I like about NYC. It would have been nice to have been able to open the window for some fresh air, Then window was secured closed and we were on the second floor.

• 30th Sep 2015

Good stay overall. Easy to get a train to Manhattan. Great common area in the basement and wifi was good. Shower was good.

This hostel is easily located across form Queens Park station with clean rooms and a short tram ride away from Manhattan. The rooms are clean and modern with fancy bathrooms. Great lounge and kitchen area with free pool table, table tennis and a large selection of tv shows and movies to choose from. Highly recommend staying here will definitely be back!!

I loved it! Definitely recommend it! I will always go back there! Everyone was helpful and kind!

Everything there was excellent!

Thank you for hosting us, you've got all the facility that a traveller need. The location is perfect, and the train noise was totally not a problem for me in the room I stayed (in the female dorm on the 2nd floor). Outlet was not provided for each bed, but we could easily use the one in the room so it is not a problem at all. This is NYC, so I am totaly satisfied with the facility and the price even though it seems higher compare to other cities.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Japan

There are less lockers than beds in a room. The rooms are cleaned every day. But they are still dirty very fast cause they're that small. Especially the bathrooms are tiny. Everything gets wet and hairy with 6 to 8 girls in a room.

Awesome! Super close to metro station, clean, nice place.. Recommend!

• 24th Sep 2015

great new hostel in Queens, just minutes from Manhattan at nearby subway stop Queens Plaza, wifi in rooms as well as wc and showers, excellent value for money.

It was nice, the room was small but the bed very comfortable and I liked the atmosphere.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Spain

Nice clean hostel. Friendly staff.

Not in Manhattan, but a short subway ride away. As everyone has mentioned, the trains (subway) go by all the time and can be loud. Bring ear plugs. Staff is friendly and helpful. I was only here for one night, but this was my third trip to NYC. I will defiantly be back.

The room was ok, cost also reasonable. One thing.. my room have no window. It was so stinky when some ppl were inside and wouldn't resolve it so easy. There are mosquitos in room even It's starting autumn.. Airconditionar worked too much. Sometimes It's really cold in the night. The kitchen is clean and there are enough equipment. It's good.

I was happy with the location of Q4 hostel. It was nice that they held our bags for free until we were ready to check in. It was nicely decorated, the lounges were also nice. On the other hand, I was disgusted by the lack of attendance to the fridges. There is a sign that says staff checks daily for expired items and goods with people's check out dates… but that is NOT true. I tried to fit some of my food in there and I found a rotten tomato and two boxes of moldy pizza from two weeks prior.

I enjoyed my time at q4 that I have returned...twice! The staff are great, very friendly and helpful. The place is clean and welcoming. The wifi works extremely well all over the building. The kitchen and lounge room facilities are good. Location is good - 10 min subway ride to Manhattan which was great. Completely safe neighbourhood too! Definitely recommend it here. One way of improving could be to possibly run events in evenings to get people together to socialise. But a great place!