Q4 Hotel Reviews

2909 Queens Plaza North, New York, USA

The subway passes right by the hostel; the rooms are not well isolated and its really difficult to get some sleep, even with earplugs. The staff is not very friendly and smiley and seem to be tired of giving any help. The toilet in the room has a very tiny sink that throws all the water out. We had to ask for hand soap and paper. Is conveniently located close to the subway, that takes you to Manhattan in 15', and you have groceries all around, so I guess its ok for the quality-price...

Dear Valued Guest,Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Q4 is adjacent to most major subway lines making access into Manhattan very simple. We apologize for the noise and we are actively looking for ways to possibly lessen the noise. Also, let me apologize for the lack of attention and unfriendliness of the staff. We strive for excellent customer service & we apologize that's not what you received. We appreciate you staying with us & please consider staying with us again. Diana-Q4

Close to subway stations. Great facilities. The high pitch noise from the subways was very irritating on the first night because the window was not closed. No problem sleeping after the window was closed.

Hostel was very clean and the employees were friendly. Great customer service.

• 18th May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your delightful review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Q4 and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Diana Guest Relations Manager

I would like to have a breakfast.... or a machine to buy some food.

• 18th May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately, our location does not have the capability to offer breakfast. We have noted your suggestions to have a vending machine. We appreciate you choosing us and we hope to serve you again. Diana Guest Relations

The location is really good, a few minutes of Manhattan. But, maybe it could be good to isolate the windows (room in the front of the subway).

• 17th May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, We appreciate your review. We have noted your suggestions about the windows and we are actively looking for ways to lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations Manager

The best of this place is the location, just one block away from the queens plaza subway stop and three or four stops to fifth avenue. The rooms are clean. However the staff is not to helpful and it could be extremely noisy as they're renovating another hotel nearby and, as I said, the subway runs just a few feet from the hostel.

Dear valued guest, We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Our sincerest apologies if the staff did not address your needs effectively. We are undergoing a retraining process of all front desk agents. Being that Q4 is adjacent to most major train lines we are aware it can be a bit noisy. We are actively looking for ways to possible lessen the noise. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana-Guest Relations

some beds in the middle of the room don't have plugs near them, it's very unconvenient!!!

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review. We are making some adjustments to the plugs in the rooms. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for choosing Q4! Diana Q4 Guest Relations

I can not recommend this Hostel - very unpleasant staff and customer service - you have to pay for storing luggage (even in check-out day), wait for check in (we had to wait till 4 PM), noisy train around hostel, lamps did not work, noisy and unwilling staff etc...nothing special.

• 15th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Dear Valued Guest, Let me begin by apologizing for my staffs' lack of attention and customer service. We strive for the best customer experience and we apologize that this is not what you received. We attempt for early check-in but 4pm is the standard check-in for most hotels. Luggage storage fees are only charged upon departure if the guest does not have a future reservation. I have noted your complaints & will personally assure that they will be taken care of. Thank you for choosing Q4!

Right across the plaza from the subway! Very clean and safe.

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your review and please come visit us again. Diana Q4 Guest Relations Manager

My traveling companion and I were incredibly pleased with our room at Q4. We arranged for a private room with en suite bathroom. When we arrived, we deemed it just like the pictures showed - except the bed was a Queen (instead of a full size) - even better! It was very clean, and the room was thoughtfully considered, with enough amenities to hang and store your clothing, jackets, and toiletries. The bathroom was clean and updated with new fixtures. The air conditioning unit worked great!

• 14th May 2015

Wonderful hotel/hostel, location perfect, stuff nice and helpful.

• 14th May 2015
  • Croatia

I used to stay at the Chelsea Highline Hotel whenever I came to NY to see shows. No longer! Didn't realize how much better a hostel experience could be. Q4 is now my go to place to stay. Clean, spacious with common areas, super friendly and helpful staff. The only negative was that the wifi was hit or miss in my room and in the common areas. Once my devices were connected it was okay, but I kept going through stretches where my devices wouldn't connect, and that was frustrating.

• 12th May 2015

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We appreciate it so much. Our apologies for the issues with our wi-fi connection, we are currently in the process of finding another cable and internet provider. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a future. Lexi Q4 Front Desk

Good place, great price. If you're travelling alone, it's much better than staying in a hotel. Not too expensive and it's location means you don't have to have a car to get to it, unlike most motels .

• 12th May 2015
  • India

Great location, very easy and fast to go to Manhattan. Good environment and excellent staff.

• 10th May 2015

I like it, near the queenzbora plaza subway station.

• 10th May 2015
  • China

With the exception of one, the staff were totally uninterested in the guests. Once, I left my key in my room and explained the situation to the desk - they gave me a new one without even asking for my name! My laptop was in that room and anyone could have got the key! One of my friend's camera went missing from the common area and the staff showed no initiative to check CCTV, nada. And when I came to check out, the guy laughingly said I had overpaid by one night (I had not) - zero consideration!

Excellent location, affordable for young people ... fun and surprisingly quiet in the room even across from the very loud train . 10 min to times square. Clean rooms , fun kitchen :)

• 8th May 2015
  • Ukraine

In general, all's good. The hotel - or shall we say it, hostel - is new, the staff are mostly young (at the concierge). The location is just one/two stops from Manhattan, it's in the Long Island City. But our well-designed room is not for light sleepers as it's next to the elevated train tracks, so it's constantly noisy.

• 6th May 2015
  • Indonesia

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We appreciate it so much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Lexi Q4 Front Desk

This place is a treasure! Love the design, location FANTASTIC, safe, new, great staff. For my future trips to NY the ONLY OPTION

Dear Valued, Thank you so much for your delightful review. We appreciate it so much. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to a future. Diana Q4 Guest Relations

Very clean, good size rooms. Bathroom is small and the sink takes some getting used to so you don't splash everywhere. Staff was helpful. Only complaint was that I asked for the staff to call me a taxi and they called me a car service - which would've been fine, except I asked for a taxi so I could pay with credit card, instead, the car had to stop at a bank and I had to take money out and be charged an additional fee.