Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

I love the hostel, and this is my second time staying here. The only thing that is annoying is that you cant play cards in the restaurant/bar area.. even though we were just waiting for our food. Since there isnt a good place to just hang out, other than the restaurant, I found this to be especially annoying.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you choose kaiyue youth hostel again, We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

very friendly staff at the reception. restaurant/bar is large and was very empty when i was there with overpriced beer and (italian) water. only two showers for all the dorm guests but i never had to queue. location is conveniant, in walking distance to most sights and transportation.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope see u againO(∩_∩)O!

This hostel is really special. Situated in the old town, it is surrounded by the nice German architecture and is close to the sea. The staff all go the extra mile with guests, smiling at everyone as they enter and enjoy the adjoining Jinns cafe, which has a reasonably priced western menu and comfortable seating. The dorm was really comfortable too, so straight A's for KaiYue!

Thanks for your appreciation .You left a deep impression on us. Welcome to the next check in Kaiyue youth hostel,Thank you !

very helpful staff

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

It's a cute little hostel in an interesting neighborhood that offers a lot of services to visitors. Their rooms are basic but sufficient and their friendly staff makes the stay worthwhile.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

I impressed on very kind staff. Also I enjoyed staying its convinent location. I'll recomend to my friend who want to visit Qingdao.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We will try our best to keep it up. Hope to see you againO(∩_∩)O

This hostel is in a big old building so the rooms were huge. There's a nice bar area downstairs which also served as a public cafe. The staff were nice and there was some great local food around, especially the nearby fish market where you can get your dinner cooked freshly. The only bad thing about this place was the funny smell in our toilet. It was clean but it would smell really bad if you didn't keep the fan on.

Thanks for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Hope to see you againO(∩_∩)O

Very good hostel with helpful staff and clean environment. 15 minutes easy walk from the train station or to the seaside.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Thank you so much for your good service! I had good time there. I hope I will see you again:)

• 28th Feb 2015
  • China

Thanks for your comments. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We hope see you again next time!

I rarely give reviews over 90% but my stay at Kaiyue was phenomenal. The location was great, just off of Zhongshan road and within walking distance of the old city sights. Dorms were huge and well kept. Good atmosphere in the adjoining restaurant/bar with a pool table, foosball, music and movies. Can't say enough about the staff, in particular Gang and Frank. Best hostel I've been to in China.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope see u again!O(∩_∩)O

Private 2-bed basic room had big full-sized beds. The staff was wonderful and helped us plan our days. Cafe Jinn stays open until 1 AM, so don't be worried when they turn all the lights on at 12 AM. You still have another hour ;) If you take the 702 airport bus, get off at Shi Li Yiyuan, walk through the underpass and take a right and the road will veer toward the left, left on Liaocheng Lu, right on Yucheng Lu, and the hostel will be on your left. Thank you, Ingrid!

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope see u again!--Ingrid

There were nice staffs and facilities. Everything is okay and nice but I felt inconvenience about smells of the bathroom. (My room included one bathroom.) It was not serious if I close the door of the bathroom.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We have fixed the bathroom. If you have any problem, you can tell us, we will try our best to help you. Hope see u again!

The staff was very friendly and the room was clean, but there seemed to be a problem with the drain from the shower, so there was a slight smell of sewage in the bathroom. Not a huge deal, but also not very pleasant.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your review. We repaired the shower. If there any problem, please tell us. We try our best to do it. Hope see u again!

I think there is not much to say, its a really great hostel with great prices!

I've stayed 2days this weekend in the 3 bed room, the hostel located very nice place between attractions and has good price compare to other hostel however my room doesn't have an electric heater so little bit cold at night time whithout the heater, i was satisfied everthing.

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel. In rooms, there are air-condition to heat. If your room is not warm, you can tell us. We really hope to see u again .

The best hostel, ever. I stayed three nights in the dormitory room (8beds), and I really loved here. Great location to go to the train station, and lots of attractions (zhan qiao pier, etc…). Cozy and warm room. Very friendly staffs.. It was really impressive.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. we also had a nice time with u. Hope see u again!

Once again my KaiYue, always give me a smile for choosing it. Reception desk staff's correct and kind information add my travel be more unforgettable story.

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Lovely staff, super helpful! Good location. Love the bar/restaurant belonging to the hostel. Bring warm pyjama's in winter as it is sometimes a bit cold at night. Can definitely recommend both Qingdao and this hostel!

• 20th Dec 2014

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao and our hostel.You left a deep impression on us. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

I used the family room because I want to use the private bathroom. The first impression of the room was not good because of the smell of the room. As soon as I open the door, unpleasant smell came up to me and it made me a little bit discusting. And also the heating system was not good, either. Other facilities were fine except these two things.

Thanks for your review. We've fixed the smell problem and the heating system is ok. We will also be working more hard to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future. We hope see you again next time!