Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

Fantastic place!! Awesome and friendly staff who can converse in English!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

This was a really good choice for me to stay. For only 30rmb per night my expectations were really exceeded. It was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and I met a lot of cool people at night sitting on the steps outside the hostel drinking bags of beer ! The place could do with a lick of paint to improve its look but really it doesnt make much difference to the stay The bar downstairs whilst is nice is on the expensive side hence us all opting to sit out on the steps !

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao.If you live in our hostel, you will enjoy the membership price in our bar, and you can get one free bottle of Tsingtao Beer every day. We did some paints to improve our hostel's look.We hope see you again next time!

The staff really made this place. They were always smiling and so it just made me want to smile. The restaurant down stairs is more of its own restaurant than part of the hostel and is fairly posh and rather very expensive but still nice. The hostel is a little outdated but for the price you can't real complain. I had some really nice people in my dorm and we chilled on the rooftop in the evenings which was great fun. Big thanks to the staff for being so friendly!

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel.Our staff are very professional and helpful.When you stay in our hostel, we want you feel like staying at home.Our resturant is the most fashionable western resturant with traditional western taste and reasonable price.We are a more than 100 years old church reconstruction, but we try our best to improve it. The price of KaiYue Youth Hostel is one of the cheapest in Qingdao.Welcome!

Friendly and helpful staff will help you to see all that is available in Qingdao.

• 29th Aug 2014

I would not normaly expect to be charged to play pool table if I was already paying for a room but otherwise I was very happy.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place, great location in the old town. Atmosphere is a bit dull though.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. In our hostel, There are many people who are from different countries. You can get friends with them in the shared areas of hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

fantastic hostel! Great place! Really friendly staff, nice environment. everything was very good!!! The rooms were clean! Great tour of the qingdao in kaiyue hostel!!! if you want to do sightseeing, shopping, eating, seeing, drinking, perfact hostel!!!.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao and in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. Welcome to the next check in kaiyue youth houstel,

One of the best hotel I've ever been to. Staff is absolutly great and the rooms are really spacious. I stayed in shared room with shared bathroom and everything was tidy and clean. The atmosphere is really nice and they have a breathtaking view from the terrace.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • tinoliam
  • Argentina

We enjoyed our stay at Kaiyue hostel. Our room was pretty damp despite using the AC, but despite from that it was comfortable. The staff was happy, friendly and helpful, and the cafe downstairs is very nice, and serves pretty good western food. The surrounding area has a lot of street side restaurants, and we had the most awesome seafood at a restaurant in the middle of a seafood market just a few hundred meters from here.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel and Qingdao. There is an air-conditioner in every room. If you live in our hostel, every day can have free beer. In addition, you can get cake and coffee coupons, they take off 8RMB and 10RMB. Around our hotel, there are a lot of characteristic places. Hope see u again!

Best youth hostel among all I visited all over china

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .

Definitely a great value for the money and I'd say its the best option in Qingdao. As other reviews pointed out, the hostel structure is indeed a bit worn out. However, it was an old church, so it is totally understandable. The most important, the rooms are neat and the bed sheets are really clean. Location is excellent and the downstairs cafe/restaurant/bar is just great! The hostel staff is also super cool! If I happen to go back to Qingdao, for sure I will stay again in this hostel!

Thanks for your review. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Good location, easy access to sightseeing places. The whole facilities are kind of worn out. I understand it is a busy season, but I still wish staff can be more friendly and helpful, at least consistent with their rate.

Thanks for your review. It was used as a church that more than 100 years, but we will do our best to improve the facilities. We will also strengthen the training of new employees and we will also be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future .Welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Great location and good staff. The basement cafe is lovely, too. However, Qingdao itself is a tourist trap, and quite expensive compared with the many other places in China I've visited.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel! Nowdays many people come to travel in Qingdao, the price of hostels are high, but our hostel's price is reasonable. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

We had a good time here. Nice location for walking around town. Directions and information on transit could be better conveyed. Friendly staff. The coupons for money off at the bar aren't worth much compared too the membership price you get for staying at the hostel anyway, but the free beer is appreciated.

Thanks for your comments. In shared area, there are directions and information about scenic-spots, train information, buses information etc. And you also can ask staff. If you stay at our hostel, every day you can get a free bottle of beer and cake &coffee coupons which take off 8RMB and 10RMB. You also can get the membership price when you buy food in the bar. Hope see u again!

Really nice hostel - i've no complaints. The location is good and the staff was super friendly (they even give you a free coupon for a tsingtao beer on arrival!).

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel! Every day you can have a free beer and cake&coffe coupons. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Friendly & helpful staff, decent wifi, cafe is nice but quiet. There are some areas on each floor such as a table or couch but not much atmosphere for meeting people. Standing AC unit in room but poor window insulation- 8bed dorm still muggy (and I would expect cold in winter). Toilets squatters, kinda smelly, no toilet paper or soap. Have stayed in better hostels in China for cheaper, but the location is very convenient for walking to train station (~20mins) and close to the beach (~15min walk)

As usual, a great place to stay. Great neighborhood, great staff, big dorm rooms, Also, plenty of places to recharge your batteries. This is my go to place in Qinghai.

Thanks for your review .We hope to see you again in the near future.Best wishes to you!

I have mixed feeling about this hostel, Its a good location next to all the local Chinese food places which is great. The 8 bed dorm I stayed in was big and was a bit dirty although when I did tell them they did clean it up which is good. The bar is nice but its not like a hostel you can meet and chat with random people. I found the atmosphere weird. The prices were expensive. The free beer is stupid as you only can use it 7-9pm when no one is there.I regret not staying at the Old Observ Hostel

Thanks for your comments. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities, we arranged our staff do regular clean up for 24 hours. About the bar, many guests come from different countries and they can make friends in shared places. Our western food is very professional with high-quality and the price is quite reasonable compare with other western food resturant in Qingdao. If you stay here, you can get the membership price and every day you can have free beer.

Really really kindly

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments,We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel . We hope see you again next time!

We used the laundry service and one of our pants was destroyed by the machine ! We asked compensation and after insisting a lot we received coupon for something like 10 cent of euro on a coffee... What a joke ! They never admitted that the machine could do that... Well, bad experience. Do not count on them to find a solution if you have trouble..

« first « Prev 1 2 3