Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

As usual, a great place to stay. Great neighborhood, great staff, big dorm rooms, Also, plenty of places to recharge your batteries. This is my go to place in Qinghai.

I have mixed feeling about this hostel, Its a good location next to all the local Chinese food places which is great. The 8 bed dorm I stayed in was big and was a bit dirty although when I did tell them they did clean it up which is good. The bar is nice but its not like a hostel you can meet and chat with random people. I found the atmosphere weird. The prices were expensive. The free beer is stupid as you only can use it 7-9pm when no one is there.I regret not staying at the Old Observ Hostel

Really really kindly

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments,We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel . We hope see you again next time!

very nice hostel, good location, clean facilities and staffs well now about the tourist spots

Thanks for your review . We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

The staff of the hostel are very kind, and able to help you. Ther rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. The location is perfect and close from the train station. The restaurant is very well decorated and modern.

Thanks for your review .we have a nice time with u . We really hope to see u again .

Hostel was nice enough, nice bar/restaurant in the basement (a little expensive though). Staff were friendly and had good enough English. The private room in which we stayed however was quite old and was a quite noisy when people walked past and the curtains didn't keep the sun out in the morning. Communal showers and bathroom were worse than normal. But considering price I think it's acceptable. View from the 4th floor balcony was good though (;

This is a good hostel well situated and clean enough for the price. The biggest issues were 1- the lack of a common area to meet people; 2- You NEED to ask for the free beer. No one will remind you of this promo; 3- The 5 rmb cake discount for a three night stay is in reality only a 1 rmb discount when you take away the 10% you already get for being a guess ... a bit anti-climatic to the point that I would have rather never been offered it. Small things, but annoying things that should be fixed

The hostel is very popular itself and there are a lot of international guests living here. But the best public area for making friends is a cafe that u need to pay for. As a result of that, the atmosphere of talking is just so so. The staff is good and she speaks very fluent English.

Hello thanks for your review.We are so sorry for creating the illusion to you that if you want to stay in our café , you have to buy something. Actually, we would like to make an atmosphere for our guests to making friends and talking happily. Thanks for your comments! In our hostel. So, we hope your next time arrival will be happier.

So impressed with this hostel! All staff were really helpful and efficient, the room was clean and the showers were very spacious and well-maintained. The hostel bar was great too, we very much enjoyed eating there and the daily free Tsingdao was a nice little addition. Would definitely recommend!

• 5th Jun 2014

Thanks for your comments.We are so glad that you had a great time in our hostel .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

I stayed in an ensuit dubble room for two nights. The first night I woke up due to a sickening smell of mold. I guess the room is not built for a bathroom with a shower. I had to leave the window open for the rest of the stay. Except for that I have no complaints.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Thanks for your review. We are so sorry for the inconvenient had happened to you. Because we are near the sea, parts of our rooms may be damp on raining days. However, we will do our best to improve our room condition and upkeep the rooms in the future. Hope to see you again sincerely. Best wishes!

Staff was less knowledgeable than in the past and restaurant staff were not friendly. Also less clean than past stays, for example stained sheets.

Thanks for your review and suggestions. We tried to improve the facilities and all the beddings had been changed to new ones. We will also strengthen the training of new employees, raise awareness of service. You will see we are better when you check in next time .Really hope to see u again!

Staff was very nice. We were able to borrow some umbrellas. Nice bar, lounge with good food, a band was playing also.

• 1st Jun 2014

Thanks for your comments. We are looking forward to see you again. Best regards!

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, and I liked the lounge. I thought it was a little silly that there were signs saying no card playing or outside food, since it's the only common space, but that's a pretty small complaint. Right across the street was a restaurant where you could get tsingdao in a bag, which I loved.

• 31st May 2014

Thanks for your review and suggestions, We are so glad that you had a nice time in Qingdao.Hope see u again ! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

They let us borrow an umbrella, which was nice. It was windy and I broke it but they didn't mind.

Thanks for your review.It is our pleasure to help you .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Very nice and patient receptionists. I like the restaurant on ground floor, it's big and clean.

• 26th May 2014
  • China

I was just three hours late and they already had given up our beds to other people. We didn't have anywhere else to stay so we stayed there, for a much higher price. Other than that it was fine, cool place. Good bar on the first floor.

• 23rd May 2014

Thanks for your review, We tried to contact you ,but you did not leave any chinese number .You know the room is very busy in this season,especially on the weekends.So please let us know if you can not arrive on time next time .We will keep the room longer ,Or we have to cancle.

I enjoyed my stay here while in Qingdao. Excellent location in old town, walking distance to numerous attractions and the train station, frequent buses nearby. Great bar & restaurant downstairs with good Western menu, but nice cheap street food nearby if you prefer. Staff were friendly. Downside was facilities a bit shabby, and the occasional stench of smoke in the hallway. But for the very cheap price it is great value for money. Don't forget your free beer as well!

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao. We will also be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable. We hope see you again next time!

Rooms very average, Downstairs lounge absolutely stunning flash packer style, Internet doesnt work at all!! In this day and age where trains, planes, bus's, accomodation and tourist information is mostly found or booked on the web, Having no internet just isnt good enough.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Now the internet is ok, sorry to make trouble to you. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Very nice hostel. Awsome bar / restaurant / night pub!! Friendly staff and good location, with plenty of restaurants to eat fresh seafood cheaper than near the beach. The male showers in the 4th floor would be nicer if they had a curtain to divide them.

Thanks for your review . We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We will make a curtain to divide the showes. Thanks for your advances. Hope see u again!

Only one western toilet in the bathrooms and poor dividers for the showers. The hostel is connected to a bar so there really isn't a lobby. You feel obliged to buy a drink in the bar just so you can sit. Didn't see any weekly events and stayed there Friday-Sunday. Also you get on free beer on arrival and they'll only give it to you from 19:00-21:00.

Thanks for your comments. In the lounge, no matter where you want to sit even though you do not buy anything. On the 4th floor, there is a bookbar where is quiet and large. Each Sunday night, there are singers and some events. Everday you can get feer beer. If your free beer ticket cannot used after 21:00, you can also use it on next day.We will do our best to improve the facilities. Hope see u again!