Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

very friendly staff, the nice guy even helped me to carry my heavy luggage upstairs. locker in the room and hot water in the shower, also met very nice people in my room.^^ it's close to old german town. excellent for the price!

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel .We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Great hostel, lovely helpful and welcoming staff, great lounge/bar, excellent breakfast, room was spacious, warm,cleanest hostel ive stayed in my 5 months travelling China and very comfy. Worth every penny.Employees speak good English too and have great suggestions on where to go and how to get there.

Thanks for your review! We also had a nice time with u and really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

The Hostel is near the train station. It took my friend and me just 20 minutes at a very leisurely pace to get there. The staff were incredibly attentive and welcoming. We had a double en-suite room which was very good value, spacious, and plenty warm enough with just one small electric oil heater. I would personally like 2 pillows on the bed (only 1 was provided). This hostel is near the sea and lots of historical sites, but far from the CBD where bars and clubs are - if that's your thing.

Thanks for your highly comments. We are very glad that you had a nice time in our hostel. One pillow is provided in each bed as a standard. But please let us know if u need more pillows or anything else.We will be gald to help u deliver what u need to your room. Hope see you again next time!

enjoyed the stay. The hostel is more or less clean and neat, the surronding nice. Located in the very heart of the city, a lot is reachable within some minutes walk or bus ride.

• 14th Feb 2014

Thanks for your review.We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We will try to be better in health.We will also be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future.Welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Very nice place, the best one I have ever stayed... staffs are helpful and friendly( they took my luggage upstairs and arranged me a lower berth coz I hurt my foot), rooms are clean, located near form train station. In one word WOOW

it was a little bit cold at first but use air-condition to heat the room! strong wifi in the room :)

I heard they were getting ready to renovate soon, which will make prices go up, but it's probably for the best. As it stands, you get a pretty good deal for your money (I've now stayed there a number of times now, and I continue to go back), but it is getting a bit run down. Still, friendly and helpful service and the food is reasonably priced and tasty. Being there over the new year was less than convenient because the kitchen was closed at odd times, but I don't think that was normal.

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel. And as you know we are ready to renovate and we also continue to do our best to serve. You know it was Chinese New year, just one cook still at work. The vacation is over now; we will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future. We will try even harder in the future. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

the place is huge and very organized, in an interesting location - a restored 100-year-old church. great prices, very friendly/helpful staff, nice library on the 4th floor, and a lively bar downstairs. hostel purists might consider the place a bit overwrought, it's almost like a hotel. a note: if you arrive by train, don't bother getting on the bus to the hostel - it's about the same distance from the train station and from the bus stop they mention. either take a taxi or just walk the 20min.

Thanks for your conments, You left a deep impression on us.We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

There during Chinese New Year when most things in town were shut. The hostel was one of the few places open to eat, but they kept saying the kitchen was closed at random times, with staff unsure when it would open and at times telling us it would be open and then saying it was closed when we arrived which made planning meals pretty difficult. Some of the staff were accommodating, while others seemed indifferent or downright rude. Very little English spoken or extra effort made.

We are so sorry you had a bad time in our hostel .You know it was Chinese new year ,just one cook still at work.That was why we changed the breakfast time .Also most worker in the bar and reception were part-time,so they can not understand u very clearly.The vacation is over now ,we will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future. We will also improve our service and business by training our staff more. Hope see u again!

This hostel was absolutey great for the value. What made this hostel great was the staff. I needed to use the phone and she let me use her personal phone and recieved call from it as well. Absolutely great staff that made this place. The rooms were really clean and felt very comfortable there. The room was had such great heat that it was to hot haha. Great stay and superior staff!!

Thanks for your highly comments, We are so glad that you had a great time in our hostel Hope see you again !Have a nice trip at your next stop!

As good as always - large, warm rooms, excellent bar / lounge in the basement and excellent value for money. In a really nice area, too. You do get a very slight smell of sewage from the drains, but just keep the bathroom door closed and you'll be fine. I can't recommend this hostel highly enough - my first choice whenever I visit Qingdao!

Thanks for your highly comments,We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel.We will do our best to improve the facilities. We really hope to see u again . Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Room was warm and spacious, wifi worked in my room and the large bar area is comfortable and warm. I had no problems departing very early in the morning thanks to the night porter. Would stay again.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostle. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

Really nice hostel in a good location.

Location is convenient. Staffs are friendly and young. Cafe is quaint in the day and happening at night. Cakes are delicious. Cons are my rooms actually faces an ajacent building of within a few metres distance. Overall, its a very pleasant stay. PS : remember to ask for your cake coupon everyday!

Staff was friendly, close to an alley market. about a 20-25 min walk to the from the train station. Room was clean. Met some great travellers and I would stay there again!

Thanks for your review .We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

Everything was quite good during my stay. I enjoyed my three days stay. The building is old and some facilities in average condition, but nevertheless, everyting was very clean. Staff member were nice and friendly. Toilet was clean, but little bit smelly. But in no time I got used to it. It is very common in many places, and I have to say this hostel was very good for the price. My doble room was very spacy and the beds were comfortable.

Thanks for your review and suggestion. It’s our pleasure for you like our hostel. We will do our best to improve our facilities. Hope see u again and have a nice trip at your next stop !

very nice staff, pleasant atmosphere with in the bar, nice price-policy for guests and good bikes avaiable for a trip around the city. I didn't need more.

• 26th Dec 2013

Thanks for your review.We are so gald u had fun in our hostel .Hvae a nice trip at your next stop !

This hostels main trump card is the extensive bar in the basement which serves up a comfortable atmosphere in which to relax and meet fellow travellers and locals. The hostel is a rambling old place in need of a make over which incidentally we were told is happening in the new year. We had a double room which was value for money and clean. Bathrooms are in need of a revamp but adequate and the staff are informative. This place will be great if the planned revamp is done to a good standard!

Thanks for your suggestion.As you know we will renovat in the new year . and we will do our best to upkeep the rooms and improve our facilities. It will be better than before .Hope see u again in the future.

nice staffs with perfect price!

it was my second time visit last week. If visit again, definitely will stay here.

Thanks for your review and always support us .Hope see u again !