Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

The staff is really friendly. Lovely bar/restaurant. Sadly only western food. Bathrooms are quiet bad. Really desperate for a makeover. Dorms were ok but also could do it a bit of a do-over. It's good value for money if you are not too fussy about hygiene I guess. Probably would stay again.

We had a fabulous time at Kaiyue! The staff was extremely considerate and friendly. The rooms were clean, spacious, and the showers always had hot water. Thank you, Kaiyue!

• 24th Jun 2015

With great food and awesome atmosphere, the downstair cafe was definitely a nice place to go! Sometimes live performances of singers or bands even made it better. It only took about 5-10 mins to reach the local fresh seafood stalls, so I highly recommend to those who would like to enjoy seafood feasts.

Things were very good, especially the friendly and helpful staff. Maybe also offer Chinese food on the menu.

the staff was nice and friendly, rooms a little bit decadent, the bar very cozy instead

This staff was AMAZING!!! We had a great time! The location is perfect. Will definitely stay here again! Also the adding cafe is so meticulously decorated!!! i was inspired! good food too!

Thank you for always supporting our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Great staff, like the vibe of the restaurant on the first floor. Nice location a bit removed but still convenient.

Thanks for your review! Welcome again!

Very friendly staff, nice hostel in a good location. Not easy to find though, if its your first time in Qingdao. But with taxi it's simple and costs only around 10yuan.

I love the hostel, and this is my second time staying here. The only thing that is annoying is that you cant play cards in the restaurant/bar area.. even though we were just waiting for our food. Since there isnt a good place to just hang out, other than the restaurant, I found this to be especially annoying.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you choose kaiyue youth hostel again, We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

very friendly staff at the reception. restaurant/bar is large and was very empty when i was there with overpriced beer and (italian) water. only two showers for all the dorm guests but i never had to queue. location is conveniant, in walking distance to most sights and transportation.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope see u againO(∩_∩)O!

This hostel is really special. Situated in the old town, it is surrounded by the nice German architecture and is close to the sea. The staff all go the extra mile with guests, smiling at everyone as they enter and enjoy the adjoining Jinns cafe, which has a reasonably priced western menu and comfortable seating. The dorm was really comfortable too, so straight A's for KaiYue!

Thanks for your appreciation .You left a deep impression on us. Welcome to the next check in Kaiyue youth hostel,Thank you !

very helpful staff

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

It's a cute little hostel in an interesting neighborhood that offers a lot of services to visitors. Their rooms are basic but sufficient and their friendly staff makes the stay worthwhile.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

I impressed on very kind staff. Also I enjoyed staying its convinent location. I'll recomend to my friend who want to visit Qingdao.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We will try our best to keep it up. Hope to see you againO(∩_∩)O

This hostel is in a big old building so the rooms were huge. There's a nice bar area downstairs which also served as a public cafe. The staff were nice and there was some great local food around, especially the nearby fish market where you can get your dinner cooked freshly. The only bad thing about this place was the funny smell in our toilet. It was clean but it would smell really bad if you didn't keep the fan on.

Thanks for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Hope to see you againO(∩_∩)O

Very good hostel with helpful staff and clean environment. 15 minutes easy walk from the train station or to the seaside.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Thank you so much for your good service! I had good time there. I hope I will see you again:)

• 28th Feb 2015
  • China

Thanks for your comments. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We hope see you again next time!

I rarely give reviews over 90% but my stay at Kaiyue was phenomenal. The location was great, just off of Zhongshan road and within walking distance of the old city sights. Dorms were huge and well kept. Good atmosphere in the adjoining restaurant/bar with a pool table, foosball, music and movies. Can't say enough about the staff, in particular Gang and Frank. Best hostel I've been to in China.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope see u again!O(∩_∩)O

Private 2-bed basic room had big full-sized beds. The staff was wonderful and helped us plan our days. Cafe Jinn stays open until 1 AM, so don't be worried when they turn all the lights on at 12 AM. You still have another hour ;) If you take the 702 airport bus, get off at Shi Li Yiyuan, walk through the underpass and take a right and the road will veer toward the left, left on Liaocheng Lu, right on Yucheng Lu, and the hostel will be on your left. Thank you, Ingrid!

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. You left a deep impression on us. We really hope see u again!--Ingrid

There were nice staffs and facilities. Everything is okay and nice but I felt inconvenience about smells of the bathroom. (My room included one bathroom.) It was not serious if I close the door of the bathroom.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We have fixed the bathroom. If you have any problem, you can tell us, we will try our best to help you. Hope see u again!