Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

I used the family room because I want to use the private bathroom. The first impression of the room was not good because of the smell of the room. As soon as I open the door, unpleasant smell came up to me and it made me a little bit discusting. And also the heating system was not good, either. Other facilities were fine except these two things.

Thanks for your review. We've fixed the smell problem and the heating system is ok. We will also be working more hard to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future. We hope see you again next time!

Staffs are very kind and good.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao.Hope see u again!

직원들이너무친절하고 숙소위치가여행하기엔안성맞춤. 숙소시설은. 그냥그랬고 bar를잘해놔서 좋았습니다. 가격도저렴하고 추천합니다 혼자떠난여행#이었는데마음편히잘놀다갑니다

• 14th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel was a beautiful old building in a very convenient location which we easily found even though it was 22.30! I really liked that the hostel called me to see where we were and told us how to get to the hostel and how much things like a taxi would take. I also really liked how relaxed they were, how quickly we got our passports back, and how efficient there system was. They seemed to know so much! Another big positive was the bar which is huge!! And comfortable! And modern! Brilliant!

• 14th Nov 2014

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao,You left a deep impression on us. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel .

Great showers on the 3rd floor! Amazing desk staff, so helpful in all ways- recommending food, transportation advice, calling us a cab, so friendly. Great food and coffee at the cafe, too. Thin walls but that's par for the course. Perfect location.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

The staff were so nice, would definitely stay there again!

Thanks for your comments. You left a deep impression on us. See you next time!

Stayed in a double room with a shared bathroom. Furniture was old, but still ok, but the bed was really too hard for me. The bathroom was always clean. I found it quite cold in the whole hostel, think they had no general heating system and my air con/heater in the room didn't work. Can't imagine how cold it will be in winter. Staff was always very kind and helpful. Got coupons for a free drink, and discounts for coffee and cake in the very cozy and tasty Café. Although I found it quite expensive

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel.As you know, the construction was a formerly a Christian church with hundred years history. But we do our best to upkeep the rooms. Now the heating system is working, we also make outher methods to make warm. We check all air condition to make sure they work.If you have any problem, you can tell our staff.We are working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable.

Very nice steff. They can speak English well. I make a good memory with my roommate.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We hope see you again next time!

This hostel is awesome. The staff are the one who make this place unique, the surroundings are very charming, not too far to the european streets and some incredible cheap food around the hostel. The bar of the hostel is a great place to have a meal or a drink or just relax, or Both ;) Thank you for the all experience. Plus : I forgot my chargeur at the hostel and they did all they were able to do to ship it to me. Besides, there is a very charming terrace upstairs with a great view on the city

Thanks for your reviews.we have a nice time with u . We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

I have not been to any other hostels in China, but it seemed quite decent. The bar on the first floor is incredibly awesome. There are bands peforming every night and you can ask them to sing the song you like. I am definately recommending this place for friends.

Thanks for your conmments, You leave a deep impression on us. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

The most important aspect for me was the smile of the girls at the reception.They were very welcoming and always provided information to me.Despite me postponing my arrival,they kept sending updates. The reception team is the best.My room was ok however the toilet was a bit questionable.But I survived.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao and in our hostel. We have repaired the toilet and now its ok. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

no.thinking,no.talking,just watch and hear....a place where can get totally relax...a comfortable place to stay...well desert is delicious...😄^_^

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao, We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Dorms and bathrooms were a little shabby around the edges, but generally seemed clean. Staff were good and the cafe was brilliant.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks for your review .we have a nice time with u . We have changed new material around bathrooms. Have a nice trip at your next stop!Hope see u again!

Hostel is in a old state although they have renovated the cafe downstairs to a really high standard. Staff were surprised as to why English travellers were at the hostel if we did not live in the country. They had limited English and helped with flight tickets. The location is good for the old town and the sights nearby along with the train station and pier, however it is at the other end of the city to the new district where the attractions beaches are.

• 17th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments.We will strengthen the training of new employees. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

Fantastic place!! Awesome and friendly staff who can converse in English!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for your comments. Our staff can speak English well, Welcome to our hostel.

This was a really good choice for me to stay. For only 30rmb per night my expectations were really exceeded. It was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and I met a lot of cool people at night sitting on the steps outside the hostel drinking bags of beer ! The place could do with a lick of paint to improve its look but really it doesnt make much difference to the stay The bar downstairs whilst is nice is on the expensive side hence us all opting to sit out on the steps !

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao.If you live in our hostel, you will enjoy the membership price in our bar, and you can get one free bottle of Tsingtao Beer every day. We did some paints to improve our hostel's look.We hope see you again next time!

The staff really made this place. They were always smiling and so it just made me want to smile. The restaurant down stairs is more of its own restaurant than part of the hostel and is fairly posh and rather very expensive but still nice. The hostel is a little outdated but for the price you can't real complain. I had some really nice people in my dorm and we chilled on the rooftop in the evenings which was great fun. Big thanks to the staff for being so friendly!

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel.Our staff are very professional and helpful.When you stay in our hostel, we want you feel like staying at home.Our resturant is the most fashionable western resturant with traditional western taste and reasonable price.We are a more than 100 years old church reconstruction, but we try our best to improve it. The price of KaiYue Youth Hostel is one of the cheapest in Qingdao.Welcome!

Friendly and helpful staff will help you to see all that is available in Qingdao.

• 29th Aug 2014

Thanks for your review.When you check in, our staff can give you suggestions for travelling. Welcome to our hostel!

I would not normaly expect to be charged to play pool table if I was already paying for a room but otherwise I was very happy.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place, great location in the old town. Atmosphere is a bit dull though.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. In our hostel, There are many people who are from different countries. You can get friends with them in the shared areas of hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!