Qingdao Kaiyue International Hostel Reviews

No.31 Jining Lu, Qingdao, China

The staff was very friendly and the room was clean, but there seemed to be a problem with the drain from the shower, so there was a slight smell of sewage in the bathroom. Not a huge deal, but also not very pleasant.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your review. We repaired the shower. If there any problem, please tell us. We try our best to do it. Hope see u again!

I think there is not much to say, its a really great hostel with great prices!

• 11th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

I've stayed 2days this weekend in the 3 bed room, the hostel located very nice place between attractions and has good price compare to other hostel however my room doesn't have an electric heater so little bit cold at night time whithout the heater, i was satisfied everthing.

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel. In rooms, there are air-condition to heat. If your room is not warm, you can tell us. We really hope to see u again .

The best hostel, ever. I stayed three nights in the dormitory room (8beds), and I really loved here. Great location to go to the train station, and lots of attractions (zhan qiao pier, etc…). Cozy and warm room. Very friendly staffs.. It was really impressive.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. we also had a nice time with u. Hope see u again!

Once again my KaiYue, always give me a smile for choosing it. Reception desk staff's correct and kind information add my travel be more unforgettable story.

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Lovely staff, super helpful! Good location. Love the bar/restaurant belonging to the hostel. Bring warm pyjama's in winter as it is sometimes a bit cold at night. Can definitely recommend both Qingdao and this hostel!

• 20th Dec 2014

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao and our hostel.You left a deep impression on us. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

I used the family room because I want to use the private bathroom. The first impression of the room was not good because of the smell of the room. As soon as I open the door, unpleasant smell came up to me and it made me a little bit discusting. And also the heating system was not good, either. Other facilities were fine except these two things.

Thanks for your review. We've fixed the smell problem and the heating system is ok. We will also be working more hard to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future. We hope see you again next time!

Staffs are very kind and good.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao.Hope see u again!

직원들이너무친절하고 숙소위치가여행하기엔안성맞춤. 숙소시설은. 그냥그랬고 bar를잘해놔서 좋았습니다. 가격도저렴하고 추천합니다 혼자떠난여행#이었는데마음편히잘놀다갑니다

• 14th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel was a beautiful old building in a very convenient location which we easily found even though it was 22.30! I really liked that the hostel called me to see where we were and told us how to get to the hostel and how much things like a taxi would take. I also really liked how relaxed they were, how quickly we got our passports back, and how efficient there system was. They seemed to know so much! Another big positive was the bar which is huge!! And comfortable! And modern! Brilliant!

• 14th Nov 2014

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao,You left a deep impression on us. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel .

Great showers on the 3rd floor! Amazing desk staff, so helpful in all ways- recommending food, transportation advice, calling us a cab, so friendly. Great food and coffee at the cafe, too. Thin walls but that's par for the course. Perfect location.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

The staff were so nice, would definitely stay there again!

Thanks for your comments. You left a deep impression on us. See you next time!

Stayed in a double room with a shared bathroom. Furniture was old, but still ok, but the bed was really too hard for me. The bathroom was always clean. I found it quite cold in the whole hostel, think they had no general heating system and my air con/heater in the room didn't work. Can't imagine how cold it will be in winter. Staff was always very kind and helpful. Got coupons for a free drink, and discounts for coffee and cake in the very cozy and tasty Café. Although I found it quite expensive

Thanks for your review and always supporting our hostel.As you know, the construction was a formerly a Christian church with hundred years history. But we do our best to upkeep the rooms. Now the heating system is working, we also make outher methods to make warm. We check all air condition to make sure they work.If you have any problem, you can tell our staff.We are working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable.

Very nice steff. They can speak English well. I make a good memory with my roommate.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. We hope see you again next time!

This hostel is awesome. The staff are the one who make this place unique, the surroundings are very charming, not too far to the european streets and some incredible cheap food around the hostel. The bar of the hostel is a great place to have a meal or a drink or just relax, or Both ;) Thank you for the all experience. Plus : I forgot my chargeur at the hostel and they did all they were able to do to ship it to me. Besides, there is a very charming terrace upstairs with a great view on the city

Thanks for your reviews.we have a nice time with u . We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

I have not been to any other hostels in China, but it seemed quite decent. The bar on the first floor is incredibly awesome. There are bands peforming every night and you can ask them to sing the song you like. I am definately recommending this place for friends.

Thanks for your conmments, You leave a deep impression on us. We are very glad that you had a great time in our hostel. Hope see u again!

The most important aspect for me was the smile of the girls at the reception.They were very welcoming and always provided information to me.Despite me postponing my arrival,they kept sending updates. The reception team is the best.My room was ok however the toilet was a bit questionable.But I survived.

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao and in our hostel. We have repaired the toilet and now its ok. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!

no.thinking,no.talking,just watch and hear....a place where can get totally relax...a comfortable place to stay...well desert is delicious...😄^_^

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

Thanks for your comments, We are very glad that you had a great time in Qingdao, We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime! Have a nice trip at your next stop!

Dorms and bathrooms were a little shabby around the edges, but generally seemed clean. Staff were good and the cafe was brilliant.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks for your review .we have a nice time with u . We have changed new material around bathrooms. Have a nice trip at your next stop!Hope see u again!

Hostel is in a old state although they have renovated the cafe downstairs to a really high standard. Staff were surprised as to why English travellers were at the hostel if we did not live in the country. They had limited English and helped with flight tickets. The location is good for the old town and the sights nearby along with the train station and pier, however it is at the other end of the city to the new district where the attractions beaches are.

• 17th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments.We will strengthen the training of new employees. We really hope to see u again .welcome to our hostel anytime!