Qingdao Old Observatory Youth Hostel (HiHostel) Reviews

No. 21 Guangxiang Er Road, Qingdao, China

I love the cat that lives here, George. Our room was moldy and mildewy, though. This is my favorite hostel in Qingdao; I wish the owner and staff would do a better job of maintaining the quality of the rooms. It smelled terrible in our private room, and we never adjusted to the mildewy smell.

• 24th Oct 2014

Thanks for your feedback, we will remodel all the guest rooms in Nov this year, hope to see you again soon. Cheers

Cheating with Flyer. Free BBY only on Saturday. Cheating by website on flyer: 20 yuan for freeflow tsingtao. Only for 2 hours before 2030. After every beer 25 yuan. Excellent and friendly staff. Good view from the Bar. The Bar is expensive. Hostel is almost clean.

Hi thanks for your stay. We would like to make it as affordable and fun as we could with our zero profit policy on our beer revenue for all. 2 hours freeflow of Tsingtao is unique to our hostel, no other hostel/bar could compete with us on this price (that we know of). 25Y is for a large bottle of Tsingtao Premium - Augetta, the lowest you could probably find. We hope you come again and drink as much as you like for the two hours drinking time, and you could always renew when time is out.

I stayed in a private room with twin beds. I have to say that the room stinks especially the bathroom. It smells like sewage. The shower is separated from the toilet placed right exactly next to the bed without a door. It was just covered with a curtain. The light is so old-school, you need to pull a string to open it. There was no switch for the toilet and shower lights. I was disappointed with the room, it was so expensive during the national holiday (october 1-7) in china.

Hi thanks for your stay, we will make a full remodeling in just 2 weeks down the road. Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the inconvenience. Cheers