8.1
Fabulous 670 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 670 Total Reviews
Qingdao Old Observatory Youth Hostel (HiHostel) Located at No. 21 Guangxiang Er Road, , Qingdao.
China

• lillato1806
  • England, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Apr 2016
6.9

Hostel owners and receptionists great and helpful. Good location, not necessarily easy to find but use the taxi card they email you with. Beds hard and not very comfy and showers are cold and not particularly clean (despite them being cleaned regularly). Power socket at beds though and there are lockers but they had lost many of the keys so had 3 lockers between 5 of us. Room cold but I was given more blankets when I asked for them. Cheapest in Qingdao but you get what you pay for.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2016

Overall I would completely recommend. I had a hard time finding this hostel from the bus station but other than that everything went smoothly. I stayed in a bunk bed in one of the all girl 6 person rooms. It was cozy and we had our own bathroom. There was only one other girl there. I loved having a close little locked cabinet to put all of my things and the service was amazing. Would highly recommend.

• davehazzan8231
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
6th Apr 2016

Great place, great stay, no complaints!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

I had an awesome stay at the Qingdao Old Observatory Youth Hostel! The staff was so friendly and very helpful. Were always willing to provide directions any assistance needed. Front desk employee Jack was really nice and helpful! :) The location was amazing and there were superb view from the review. The food was great and the atmosphere in the kitchen at night was really fun. All you can drink Tsingtao was so cheap and created an environment where you could meet other guests. Thank you!!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
26th Mar 2016
3.1

The hostel advertises as having double rooms, but only have twins. When we got into the twin room the bedding had brown stains which I really didn't want to investigate, but the staff don't speak English well enough to understand I wanted new bedding. The view from the observatory is very nice as is the bar at the top. But security is fairly lousy if you want to keep your bag at the hostel after checking out. Their only option is in front of reception by the front door. Couples should avoid.

Hi mate, thanks for choosing us, we are very sorry for the room type, which did not fully satisfy you. We were fully booked in the day you stayed with us, and your booking indicated "double or twins" as stated in your confirmation. In this case, we are happy to change the room type that you preferred, however it is not considered to be wrongdoing for a twin room type (which is as stated in the booking notice), we understand your feeling, but again we were fully booked unfortunately, otherwise we will assign a new room for you. As for the sheets, we are always willingly to change the sheet for you, however we are very sorry that the staff did not understand your meaning. We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers

• Australia, Male, 18-24
7th Mar 2016

This is one of my favourite hostels ever. I was in a 4 bed dorm which was pretty comfy and really secure - they have electronic lockers and you need a swipe card to get in the room. Every night I was there they had a party on - night 1 was 30 RMB all you can eat dumplings and drink beer, and night 2 was 40RMB all you can eat pizza and all you can drink. They speak really good English and helped me book a taxi when I left. Amazing view. Great wifi. Definitely stay here!

6th Mar 2016

A little hard to get there, but the view is well worth the climb. Friendly staff. The only Chinese hostel (out of 20 or more I have used) that provided all the clothespins I need to hang my laundry.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Dec 2015

All in all a very good hostel. Very kind staff, a good location in the old part of town, nightly specials (e.g. free noodle party, free hamburger party). The only drawback is that unfortunately, you can't drink your own drinks in the common area. We also haven't seen a kitchen, although we weren't looking for it either - if you really want/need want, it might be better to ask the staff beforehand who, by the way, speak English pretty well, at least judging by Chinese standards.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
20th Nov 2015
7.7

Friendly stuff. Bathroom was little smelly but anything else was nice. Especially loved the rooftop!