Qingdao Old Observatory Youth Hostel (HiHostel)

7.8
Very Good 704 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 704 Total Reviews

1st Apr 2017
7.7

I stayed here for two nights. Staffs were nice and the Sunset Cafe serves DELICIOUS food (the chefs are sweet)! I stayed in a 6-bed-all-female room, which had its own bathroom. The bathroom is small, so taking a shower was a bit difficult (but possible!). Everything else was wonderful for the price, but I have to say the bedding was a bit filthy. It smelled like a wet puppy...and had some stains/tears...It's location requires some walking (dark at night), but residential area so safe!

1st Apr 2017
4.6

I am limited words, so I'll cut to the chase: Cons: it's a tourist attraction so there's no security. It's not well cleaned or maintained. Old building so can hear every sound. There's one water heater for the whole building. No ventilation in the tiny dining area/bar/kitchen/lounge somvery smoky. They chain up 2 big dogs for the whole day and don't take them for walks - poo everywhere, very sad. Hostel didn't arrange any tours, staff didn't even help me to arrange some myself. Pros: no space :(

9th Mar 2017
4.3

The hostel location & style was really cool and interesting! Definitely a great place on the surface. However, we were not told that there would be animals roaming around the hostel, which is something necessary to notify customers, as some may be allergic (like me). The rooms were very dirty, and the sheets had blood stains on them, and the bathrooms did not have hot water in them. There was dangerous construction going on in rooms, we found shards of glass on our bed. The staff was unhelpful.

24th Jan 2017

The old observatory hostel is the best! The staff were all so pleasant, and the location is perfect! This is by far my favorite hostel that I have ever stayed at.