Quality Hostel K's House Takayama Reviews

4-45-1 Tenman-cho Takayama City Gifu, Hida Takayama, Japan

It's well located, aprox. 10 min walking to the center of the city (which is REALLY small). They rent bikes for less than a dollar for guests, that is really useful. They had this party with the guests than apparently happens once a month and it was so amazing, I had a great time. I'd definitely stay there again.

I was immediately greeted by very friendly staff who showed me around and explained the facilities and really made me feel at home. Everything was clean and I love how there are 2 kitchen sinks and stove areas!

Would definitely stay again. Thanks for everything.

Really good place, would definitely stay again. Thanks.

I liked the traditional Japanese style of the hostel, it was fitting for the area. The location is a 5-10 min walk from the old town, where most of the 'stuff' happens, but very close to the train station. Staff were great.

Everything perfect. A smily and funny staff which made all easier.

Great hostel. Very convenient location - just a few minutes from the JR train station! Takayama's a lovely small city that's very walkable, and everything was easy to get to from the hostel. I had a single room and it was extremely clean, comfortable, cozy, and nicely decorated. The common area was a nice space as well. Staff was always very courteous and helpful. Atmosphere was a bit on the quiet side (but that's not a bad thing!)

Closed to JR station and bus centre Very nice interior Staff are very helpful

The hostel was really nice and super clean. A fully furnished kitchen is to your use ( very clean too ). The staff was very helpful. Location perfect from the station. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody !

Great location,being just a few minutes walk from the station.As with the other hostels in this brand it provided first class facilities. I had a small but very clean and comfortable ensuite room. I just love the zen style design of the comfy lounge area. With also a clean well-stocked hi-tec kitchen and friendly,helpful staff,it was the ideal place to stay. would definitely return if I happen to be be in the region again.

Very convenient location, walking distance from the station. Very helpful staff. Clean but small single room with all needed facilities.

I've found that K's house has a very consistent offering across its brand. This was good, close to the station and with very helpful staff (lots of guidance and maps, and very careful to explain everything in the house. A bit of a lowkey vibe though.

Probably the best place to stay in the area. A wonderful hostel, In fact it feels more like a hotel with ensuit bathrooms and the comphiest beds. The whole building was spotless and still retained the friendly hostel vibe perfect for travellers to meet up. I stayed in the dorm and was very impressed. Great staff, security and facitlities make is a perfect base.

Takayama is a sleepy little town so not sure if lack of atmosphere in the hostel was a reflection of this? Friendly and informative staff though which was great.

Nice hostel, close toveverywhere, very clean, good amenities and information. Good place to stay.

It was a very clean and friendly hostel with great staff and excellent service The common room was a really inviting area to hang out in and the rooms were always clean also very close to the train station, i will reccomend to everyone!

This place is just amazing! We had a Japanese pancake party first night there (for free!) and got to know a bunch of great people who were staying there at the same time. Then the staff taught us Japanese calligraphy, a great souvenir! The staff are beyond incredible, especially the manager who made our stay a blast. I had initially looked at staying in a hotel in Takayama but I'm so glad I chose this place instead!

This is more of a hotel. Booked a dorm but these were private rooms, big bed and ensuite. Nice social area on the ground floor. Only negative for me was it seemed to cater more for families than single travellers.

Loved this hostel! Great location - very close to Takayama station (trains