R.K.Hostel Reviews

642 W. Hawthorn St., San Diego, CA 92101, San Diego, USA

The worst place i ever been in my life,the staff not friendly ,not clean

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

I do not recommend this place at all - the only thing that made it bearable as a solo female traveller was meeting some great people! Thank goodness - because the staff were crazy and there is nothing clean about anything - take sanitizer if your worried about hygiene and toilet paper (sometimes there was none.)

when staff was avalilable witch was not often they bitched and moaned about there jobs and the poor management at one point they became physical with one another I have ben traveling staying in hostels for 35 years and this was by far the worst ever not to mention the BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 31st Jul 2014

I was given the 3rd degree upon check in. When I asked the receptionist what all the questions were for, he said "they only wanted tourists." I decided not to stay at the place. I lost my deposit, but that's ok.

I was only there for one night. After reading all the negative reviews, I was expecting the worst. However, it wasn't so bad. Maybe its because of the low expectations.

The hostel smelled bad, there was a mouse on the sink in the kitchen, the room we stayed in was extremely small, the breakfast was falsely advertised, as it said there would be fresh fruit, toast and cereal, and there was only 1 sugary cereal option and nothing else.

• 17th Jul 2014

I would not recommend this hostel to ANYONE. We booked for 3 nights for a group of 7 and left within 24hrs, there was no security, dirty, disgusting, smelt like urine, no privacy in the bathroom, full of people on drugs breaking things and attacking us in the middle of the night. DO NOT STAY HERE. There was bugs in the room.. Let's just say I would never be reccomendimg anyone to stay at that place.

This hotel is close of airport, but very far of tiristc place in LA. You need car or spend log time in public transportation. And staff are unpreparedness.

The hostel is placed near the airport so the noise is awful. But it is nothing compared to the troubles we had when came the moment to check out: they lost our key deposit because they had used it as change with other customers, they got into a fight in front of us arguing about how the hostel should be run and they didn't want us to let our luggages til our flight freely. Worst experience i've ever encounter.

• 23rd May 2014

Felt more like coming in to someones home than a hostel. Dont expect to meet travellers, these people are longtimestayers alt looking for an apartment. Everybody is superfriendly though!

This is not a hostel, it's more like a shelter. Inhabited by transients...don't stay here. For real!! Go to lucky d's or USA hostels on fifth st.

There was just 2 bathrooms, one of those on downstairs was so dirty and was enable to take a shower because was flooded with dirty water. Other bathroom full of people and no privacy at all!!! Smels bad on the reception and i found better places for the same money and less! Those beds and matress are in very bad conditions! I do not recomend this place at all! The only good thing is the location! Desapointed definetly! My word!

The staff was really nice. Also, the place is large! One of the managers was showing me around and it was just room after room and bathroom after bathroom. Theres a sufficient amount of desktop terminals as well as wifi. I'll be back.

• 11th Feb 2014

very goog place and experience! very friendly James and Blackie!!!

It was my first time experiencing a hostel and i was very pleased, everything from beginning to end was a wonderful experience VERY PLEASED

• 30th Jan 2014

Not really.....5 min from airport - its good!!! But it was noise because of plains above!!! And its really far from sightings ! Next time ill pick another place ;)

Nice staff and dorm rooms. Location is about 15 mins walk from the trolley but you feel safe to walk at night. I will suggest my friends to this hostel. Totally worth satying here.

No sheets. No blankets. Staff don't care about you. Horrible breakfast. No towel. Rooms smell. The front door was always open when we came in (once at 2am) - No security. Not recommended at all. Very expensive for what it is...

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Chile

Good hostel overall. The staff were nice and the place was clean as well. happy to stay there again...

After reading a few of the past reviews I was skeptical about staying here. However I had a great time with these guys. They really take care of you (James) who looks just like Walter White from Breaking Bad is sexy as hell and has a great sense of humor, he keeps you laughing all the time, and he is such a good cook, The taco's on Tuesday were awesome. They really watch out for you and seem to truly want you to enjoy your stay. (Godwin) is always smiling and dancing and seems to enjoy his job.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6