R.K.Hostel Reviews

642 W. Hawthorn St., San Diego, CA 92101, San Diego, USA

Awful experience. Staff was horriblehorrible and appeared drugged out. Room was dirty and way over priced. No atmosphere or commoncommon space. Go to the international traveler's hostel. Trust me.

sorry about your bad experience. we are trying our best to please our customers and are still improving.

It was a bad stay at this location. It was dirty, stinky and and the staff wasn't friendly. No furnitures, beside beds, in the rooms: no chairs, tables, lockers... At check-in the receptionist was unfriendly stroppy.

My week long stay was awesome at RK Hostel. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. I would definitely go back to this hostile again!

• 23rd Apr 2015

-First of all I wanna thank the staff(Erika).Your cooking was very good. -There was no personal locker so I had to carry my backpack when I went out. -The total amounts for 1night was 22USD(INC TAX).....Cheap price. -I didn't bring my ipod,notebook,cellphone ....so I could use the free use of internet service.It's cool.

Had such a good time at this hostel. Staff are great and it's in a fab location!

The staff at R.K. were so sweet and helpful. They were really awesome and totally made our trip. We loved the rooftop hangout space, too. The hostel is close to bus lines, only like a mile and a half from the airport (we walked,) and situated in a fun/walkable part of town with bars and restaurants and things and a nice bayfront area. If you don't absolutely have to be right next to the beach or whatever this place is cheap and cute and really great and I'd totally recommend it.

• 10th Feb 2015

I killed a cockroach in the bathroom, and it was still lying there hours later! Also, the facilities are very poorly lit; you cannot read or write anywhere (except maybe on the terrace, provided it's not too cool outside) without getting a headache. On the plus side, you can't really get anything cheaper than R.K. in SD, and the location is excellent.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I love RK hostel in San Diego and recommending it for those who want to visit San Diego. Anytime anyday I will keep visiting and would spend my time again in RK. Good view, good people and perfect location in downtown.

• 6th Dec 2014

Located in a central location and easy access to the surrounding area. Cleanliness is desirable. The smell of cannabis when my window was open gave me headache.

This hostel it's really nice! Especially the staff it's very friendly like Nick and Scott really nice person and willing to help you for everything! The location it's good just a few minuts walking from the little Italy trolley station which connect you pretty much everywhere with a day pass of just 5$!! The rooms are clean and the bathrooms as well. The only thing is that u need to provide your towels but overall nothing bad to say! I really enjoyed my staying there! Great place and people!

I had a marvelous time. The location was right in little Italy close to a lot of great restaurants and the harbor. The staff was so friendly and helpful.the accommodations was very comfortable restful and fun. I have been to many hostels this place was the best. I will deferentially come again and recommend it.to everyone.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Singapore

This place has bed bugs so don't stay here. Looking at the comments it seems like it's being going on for a long time. This place has the potential to be good if they fixed this. Heard other guests talking about unfriendly staff but I didn't notice anything too bad.

• 24th Oct 2014

The staff made me feel very uncomfortable especially one young male working at the front desk. The hostel has a dull atmosphere. They hold no events and play no music around the place. There is limited areas to relax or socialize and the facilities (bathrooms and kitchen) are old and dirty. The hostel is very dark and dingy, Overall not a nice place to stay. Especially considering it isn't cheap!

• 12th Oct 2014

The worst place i ever been in my life,the staff not friendly ,not clean

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

I do not recommend this place at all - the only thing that made it bearable as a solo female traveller was meeting some great people! Thank goodness - because the staff were crazy and there is nothing clean about anything - take sanitizer if your worried about hygiene and toilet paper (sometimes there was none.)

when staff was avalilable witch was not often they bitched and moaned about there jobs and the poor management at one point they became physical with one another I have ben traveling staying in hostels for 35 years and this was by far the worst ever not to mention the BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 31st Jul 2014

I was given the 3rd degree upon check in. When I asked the receptionist what all the questions were for, he said "they only wanted tourists." I decided not to stay at the place. I lost my deposit, but that's ok.

I was only there for one night. After reading all the negative reviews, I was expecting the worst. However, it wasn't so bad. Maybe its because of the low expectations.

The hostel smelled bad, there was a mouse on the sink in the kitchen, the room we stayed in was extremely small, the breakfast was falsely advertised, as it said there would be fresh fruit, toast and cereal, and there was only 1 sugary cereal option and nothing else.

• 17th Jul 2014

I would not recommend this hostel to ANYONE. We booked for 3 nights for a group of 7 and left within 24hrs, there was no security, dirty, disgusting, smelt like urine, no privacy in the bathroom, full of people on drugs breaking things and attacking us in the middle of the night. DO NOT STAY HERE. There was bugs in the room.. Let's just say I would never be reccomendimg anyone to stay at that place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7