Rekord Hostel Reviews

Dimitrija Chupovski 7/1-1, Skopje, Macedonia

The Rooms are directly facing a loud bar with outside music and tabels or the street with lots of traffic. Your pick!

• 17th Aug 2015

My biggest problem with this place is that it seems to be understaffed. When I arrived at 1:30pm no one was there to check me in (or let me in). A few hours later, after I had been checked in the guy working there left and again no one was there - meaning when the toilet paper was finished or the bathroom got dirty no one could deal with it. To be fair, the guy working there is really nice, but the owner should make sure the hostel - which is really a small apartment - is staffed half the day.

This hostel has an excellent location! just a few steps from the main square. Rooms are ok (both dorms and privates), bathrooms are clean, and the common room is really nice. Plus, very good price. The only problem, in my opinion, is that there is no 24h reception. But when the staff are actually in the hostel, they are superfriendly and helpful, I stayed there for almost 2 weeks, which means that it's a definitely good place!

Excellent Location and very cheap.

We had a great stay and we will defenitely come back to Skopje. The breakfast at the hostel was good and the stuff was very very helpful. The only thing that was annoying is that the showers had some leaks and there was water on the floor. The rest was just perfect!

Walking distance to all main attractions. They booked us a Taxi from the Airport to the Hostel. Staff REALLY nice and helpful. There is only one problem, it is said "BREAKFAST INCLUDED", but in fact there was no breakfast. On the 1st day Igor bought sandwiches for me and my sister. Besides of that it was a good experience.

This was the second time I stayed at Rekord and I have to say, "I really enjoy my stays there." The location can't be beat, the staff are friendly, helpful and fun, and I always get a great rest in their beds. Plus, Rekord provides the backpacker basics like personal electrical sockets, locker, light and privacy. Also, the common room, which I haven't taken advantage of enough, provides music/DVDs/tv, coffee and comfortable seats to lounge around in. I'll be back.