Rekord Hostel Reviews

Dimitrija Chupovski 7/1-1, Skopje, Macedonia

We had a great stay and we will defenitely come back to Skopje. The breakfast at the hostel was good and the stuff was very very helpful. The only thing that was annoying is that the showers had some leaks and there was water on the floor. The rest was just perfect!

Walking distance to all main attractions. They booked us a Taxi from the Airport to the Hostel. Staff REALLY nice and helpful. There is only one problem, it is said "BREAKFAST INCLUDED", but in fact there was no breakfast. On the 1st day Igor bought sandwiches for me and my sister. Besides of that it was a good experience.

This was the second time I stayed at Rekord and I have to say, "I really enjoy my stays there." The location can't be beat, the staff are friendly, helpful and fun, and I always get a great rest in their beds. Plus, Rekord provides the backpacker basics like personal electrical sockets, locker, light and privacy. Also, the common room, which I haven't taken advantage of enough, provides music/DVDs/tv, coffee and comfortable seats to lounge around in. I'll be back.

Rekord hostel is a cozy place on the best imaginable location in skopje. The beds are comfortable, you get free coffee and tea, and overall it's a clean spot. However, i went there in low season, and the hostel was empty most of the time, even without staff. There was no 24/7 reception and there were people, probably without booking, who arrived at night and couldn't check in. I understand it's a very quiet moment of the year, but maybe mention this on the website. But the staff i met was nice.