Residencia Malaga Backpackers Reviews

c/ Jeronimo Bobadilla N�4, Malaga, Spain

Really, really digged it. By far the cheapest I could find in Malaga, great for young travelers. Met some of the coolest people I have met in Europe--from all over the world. Great little hostel. The staff was very, very friendly and new Spanish and English very well, amongst other languages (including Dutch). Would very much recommend.

• 21st Aug 2015

Little further away from town center and malaqueta, but close to other beach and big supermarket. Actually I dind't stayed at night because I have earlier checkout to catch my flight. The hostel was interesting, could be fun place to stay longer for adventurous nature.

the toilets are so small that you can barely sit down after closing the door. Awful designer! The shower's curtains were full of mould, many cobs' shower were broken and nobody from the staff was caring about drying the floor after people's showers. Far from the city centre and unsuitable for Feria party animals.

The hostel is located out of the city center, but the bus stop is pretty close. I could reach the Feria just by walking..it is the only good thing. Generally I had impression the hostel was scruffy, you wouldn't like to cook my meal in the kitchen. Bathrooms are very small. I think it is too much expensive for what they offer!!

The air conditioning unit was not working when we stayed there. It was super hot and humid in our room, sleeping was not possible.

Awful, the rooms were small and dirty, as well as the bed sheets. the position is terrible, and far to the centre. Don't go there please

The hostel is not exactly in the city centre of Malaga, but this can be reached very easily by bus, the position is good because the beach is at only 10 minutes waliking distance. Our rom wasn't that clean and we got no towls for the bathroom. The staff is friendly and helpful, they all speak really good english! But they cannot be reached in the night, and in case of necessity that can be really bad...

• 30th Jul 2015

Very crowded and noisy, not clean at all and the staff is not enough welcoming/helpful. The hostel is 10min from the sea and 20min from the city center.

Very unclean and uncomfortable. The toilets and showers are revolting, the beds are Ok though.

I think this may be the worst hostel I stayed in, but unfortunately some of the guests at the time may have contributed to this. The kitchen is overcrowded with stuff and food, and I felt like I was in a share house with 10 boys with regard to the lounge and cleanliness in general. 3 of the 6 showers were broken so they were handheld showers. Lights blown in the toilet for the 2 days I stayed. When I reported a dirty bathroom...due to some other guests, the cleaning was substandard.

Amazing staff. Especially the dutch guy working the morning I arrived (17/6). All roses to you! Free box in the kitchen, nice rooms and GREAT combined kitchen/common area. Awesome wibe. Would definitely stay here again!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

location is not the best one, but it has a plus to be close to bus stop, metro, supermarket, etc. The hostel itself seems a bit old building but its ok. the dorm room was ok also but two many beds and very litle space for move, especially is all the people is at the same time. Toilet was clean but dorm need more attention, the housekeeper barely changed the bag on the trash bin and besides this it was a nice atmosphere in the common room

Wifi did not work correctly but great hostel.

Very happy with my stay, planning on staying again. My only wish was an earlier open time for the kitchen, 830 is a bit later than I'd like. I also noticed that Sunday morning it was not open by 9am when I left. But have been before and am staying again.

Clean, quite and cheap, just what I wanted for a one night stay.

Great place and localization, amazing and very helpfull people, Im recommending it to everyone.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • anneke79
  • Poland

Enough space in the dorm, also furnished with lockers. Still not the newest matrace and linen. For one night ok. Big kitchen and common area. Bathrooms are shared with male and female and "doors" inside are just made of plastic. Finally it was fine for one night. Suitable and good value for your money.

Great people, atmosphere and environment. I really liked the common room and the kitchen. Staff is really nice.

The Swedish/German manager was very kind and nice to us. They have cheap good beers too!

• 19th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels! The owner does a fantastic job on hiring the right staff. Everyone was super friendly and sincere. I wish you didn't have to pay for pool, but it's only a euro. They even have a mini bar fridge, but there is a shop 20 seconds away where beer is super cheap. 5 mins walking from a sandy beach! Good job to all the stafff for being so awesome. I hope to see you again soon.