Residencia Malaga Backpackers Reviews

c/ Jeronimo Bobadilla N�4, Malaga, Spain

This hostel is a little far from the centre of Malaga and appears to have a number of long term residents. The toilets were the smallest that I encountered on my travels. The staff were helpful but I would not stay here again. I moved to another hostel,Pink House Backpackers, managed by the same person which was much better for the same price of 8 euro.

I stayed only one night, but everything was more or less okay. The atmosphere seemed great, everything was clean.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

very good great place to stay staff very helpful be back again

• 15th Oct 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location, close to staition, not far from old town. Breakfast is in the cafeteria outside, just couple of steps, which I found interesting - local atmosphere. But TV wasn't working. There is sink in the room, which is a good think, but it's a british style, but again only cold water. It was hot, no electric fan or condition, and you canot open window, because its going inside of the the building.

It was not close to the city singer by walking, you have to take a 15 minute bus ride. I felt that the rooms were a bit dirty but it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed

I was very happy with the whole Hostel. great location and perfect place to meet other travellers. Good cleaning service, making the room clean all day. Friendly staff, they check me in before 2pm, which was extremely nice! Breakfast is quite decent but free which is good. Overall, I had a good stay! Would definitely recommend.

very helpful friendly staff. Relaxed athmosphere. Lent itself towards meeting other guests because of the layout of the livingroom

I stay there only one night. I really like the people and the chill area is like a living room.

• 17th Sep 2014

I just slept there for a night, and I guess for 8 €/night you can't expect much, but if I book an 8-bed-dorm, I expect there to be 8 beds, not 10!!! -.-

The worst hostel experience ever. I didn't expect much, all I wanted was an accommodation for one night before we go to the airport at 5am. The hostel was simply disgusting.The walls in our twin bedroom were covered with smashed corpses of insects and stains. Dark brown stains could also be found on inner cushions and curtains. Rotten food, broken eggs, spilled liquids in the smelly fridge.Awful experience, it is just a nightmare.

The hostel's staff and the hostel itself was good. They were all here for you and to help you if you needed it to. Thanks for the week we spent there.

It was very dirty in all areas of the hostel. Instead of eight beds as specified, they have managed to put 10 in a smallish room with no working aircon. The kitchen and the lounge were very dirty as well. The location is very poor, being neither close to the downtown nor to the beach. The only good thing was the working wi -fi in the rooms and in the lounge area. Needs a lot of improvements

great value accommodation, very good for meeting people. has a pool table which was nice. took 17 minutes to walk there with a big backpack from the train station, and it was 10 minutes to the beach. supermarket around the corner. at least half an hour to walk into the main part of town but the bus is easy and only costs i think 1.30eu a trip so save your feet and a lot of sweat because malaga is hot! only downside was the kitchen was almost always messy.

Traditional backpackers hostel ideal for airport and beach

A bit far from city center (about 30 min by feet). Rooms are not the largest I've ever seen but it's a good place to stay. Over all is very cheap and it's clean :)

We booked this hostel because it was one of the few that had last-minute space available for a twin room during the feria. We were told that the sheets weren't clean yet but that they would be delivered later. OUr room had t an en-suite which we didn't expect, but the shower doors were broken causing huge flooding. Still no sheets when we returned from the feria so we had to sleep on bare mattresses. Common areas smelled like smoke and sweat and were filthy.

Pretty standard hostel. They had ran out of lockers when I arrived so had to leave my non-important stuff under my bed and hope for the best. Important stuff had to lug around with me. Apart from that it was decent, staff were friendly and helpful

Nice staffs, in special Rachel, and not that nice cleanliness.

• 20th Aug 2014

The people who manage the hostel are amazing! I felt really cared for and personally valued :) thanks guys i had an awesome time with you!!

• 14th Aug 2014

Very nice helpful staff. I met lovely people there who were travelling