Residencia Malaga Backpackers

Rating 1178 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
15th Aug 2017
3.1

Not enough lockers in the dorm for each person, the door from the street was open during the day, very unsafe. The shower room was often dirty and extremely cramped. Beds aren't numbered so staff are unsure who is who in the room and therefore can't tell which beds need cleaned each day. There aren't banisters on parts of the stairs. I've stayed in lots of hostels, some even more basic than this but it was the lack of security and uncleanliness that cut my trip short and I wouldn't return.

• jakelrobinson951474
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2017
3.4

do not recommend. really poorly maintained and run, worst hostel I have stayed so far.. dirty, poor ventilation, terribly organised, bad facilities average staff.. and not even that cheap

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
20th May 2017
3.4

Dont stay in this hostel, it was quite frankly disgusting. My bed had brown bed sheets, which i had to lay on my personal towels instead. There was also brown stains on the walls, and had no air conditioning working! I hardly slept and left 4 hours before my check out time as i couldn't stay in the room any longer. There were also 3 permanent residents in my room who ruined the room. Thank god I only stayed the one night. Listen to the reviews people, wish I did. Location isn't even great.

• Norway, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
4.0

Very dirty . Low security . Most off the staff impolite .

• megantaylor558858
  • New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
9th May 2017
2.0

Some of the comments say don't go... and we thought she'll be right can't be that bad.. but it is that bad and worse. Bedrooms dirty and small. We paid for an all female dorm, went out for dinner arrived back went to bed and 3 seedy older men come on in..bit awkward. Felt very uncomfortable. No one was at the desk to change us or even so in the morning no one was around. My friend went to the bathroom in the morning sat down and seen what would have appears to be seman sprayed on the wall..

4th May 2017

Great location for the beach, not too far from the center. Good hostel for the price!

26th Apr 2017
3.7

By far the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. I wasn't expecting much based off of prior reviews, but I sure expected more than I got. Location was the one okay thing about it. 10-minute taxi ride from the airport. Security wise the doors locked, and that's about it. The staff member did schedule me a taxi for the morning but said she was completely unavailable at night if there was an emergency. Also had to make my own bed and peel the dirty sheets off. Co-ed bathrooms and no soap.

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2017
7.4

I stayed here the night before an early flight out of malaga. The hostel is only a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the airport, so it was very convenient. The staff was really nice and the desk woman even ordered a cab for us. However I would not have stayed here for a longer period of time. It's not in the best part of malaga and it's a bit of a weird atmosphere. The bathrooms were not very clean, and the lounge/kitchen area looked like someone's sad living room.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2017
2.0

HORRIBLE, DON'T GO. we arrived (3girls) and we had a reservation in a shared room of 8beds. they told us that they could provide a better room, private with 3beds, so we arrived at night expecting to stay there and another staff said "there is no space for you anywhere" only thing we could do is stay each of us in a mixed room of 8, separately. the room's smell was INSANE and people looked like homeless...no one was at the reception, we had to wait until they came all the time.WORST HOSTEL EVER

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2017
4.3

Very dingy, nice staff but thats about it.