Residencia Malaga Backpackers Reviews

c/ Jeronimo Bobadilla N�4, Malaga, Spain

It was really cold. Like it went down to 10 degrees at night (inside) with no heating to save us. Staff was friendly but altogether it was a mediocre experience.

• 22nd Jan 2016

There is nothing special, but it's sufficient to spend the night.

In my opinion a reception should be open for 24 hours.

The common area is a pigsty. The whole place was a mixture of surrealism. When you normally pay a low fare you can't expect much in return, but even this was way below an average. We only used it to rest a couple of hours before heading to the airport.

• 29th Dec 2015

Perfect location for an early flight the next day. Room was anything but warm and cosy being December but it served its purpose. Friendly and helpful staff. Would return again.

• 18th Dec 2015

Enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Good value for money.

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Nice hostel .Staff are very helpful.

The Beds are so old, that they hurt the back. You can feel the metal..

• 12th Oct 2015

like with a family

The location is perfect, a quick bus ride to the beach and the main city. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. It's a steal when it comes to price. Highly recommend!

• 14th Sep 2015

I enjoyed my stay here. Hussen (sorry if I misspelled your name bro) was very helpful and made the experience a unique one. I think the place has potential to be even more chill and I hope that this potential is realized. I might come back for my next vacation and hope to see that the place becomes more relaxed (as I was told it used to be).

• 3rd Sep 2015

Not very clean; mixed bathrooms. Very noisy. We had an incident where a male guest entered the female dorm uninvited (the door would not shut and was left ajar) at 7am. We kicked him out but the door would not shut and he came back 10 minutes later in just his underwear. We went downstairs to get help but there was no contact information written in case of emergency. When staff arrived at opening ~9am, they played off the incident as if 'it happens, its the feria'

• 22nd Aug 2015

Really, really digged it. By far the cheapest I could find in Malaga, great for young travelers. Met some of the coolest people I have met in Europe--from all over the world. Great little hostel. The staff was very, very friendly and new Spanish and English very well, amongst other languages (including Dutch). Would very much recommend.

• 21st Aug 2015

Little further away from town center and malaqueta, but close to other beach and big supermarket. Actually I dind't stayed at night because I have earlier checkout to catch my flight. The hostel was interesting, could be fun place to stay longer for adventurous nature.

the toilets are so small that you can barely sit down after closing the door. Awful designer! The shower's curtains were full of mould, many cobs' shower were broken and nobody from the staff was caring about drying the floor after people's showers. Far from the city centre and unsuitable for Feria party animals.

The hostel is located out of the city center, but the bus stop is pretty close. I could reach the Feria just by walking..it is the only good thing. Generally I had impression the hostel was scruffy, you wouldn't like to cook my meal in the kitchen. Bathrooms are very small. I think it is too much expensive for what they offer!!