Residencia Malaga Backpackers

Rating 1167 Total Reviews

• Norway, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
4.0

Very dirty . Low security . Most off the staff impolite .

• megantaylor558858
  • New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
9th May 2017
2.0

Some of the comments say don't go... and we thought she'll be right can't be that bad.. but it is that bad and worse. Bedrooms dirty and small. We paid for an all female dorm, went out for dinner arrived back went to bed and 3 seedy older men come on in..bit awkward. Felt very uncomfortable. No one was at the desk to change us or even so in the morning no one was around. My friend went to the bathroom in the morning sat down and seen what would have appears to be seman sprayed on the wall..

4th May 2017

Great location for the beach, not too far from the center. Good hostel for the price!

26th Apr 2017
3.7

By far the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. I wasn't expecting much based off of prior reviews, but I sure expected more than I got. Location was the one okay thing about it. 10-minute taxi ride from the airport. Security wise the doors locked, and that's about it. The staff member did schedule me a taxi for the morning but said she was completely unavailable at night if there was an emergency. Also had to make my own bed and peel the dirty sheets off. Co-ed bathrooms and no soap.

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2017
7.4

I stayed here the night before an early flight out of malaga. The hostel is only a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the airport, so it was very convenient. The staff was really nice and the desk woman even ordered a cab for us. However I would not have stayed here for a longer period of time. It's not in the best part of malaga and it's a bit of a weird atmosphere. The bathrooms were not very clean, and the lounge/kitchen area looked like someone's sad living room.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2017
2.0

HORRIBLE, DON'T GO. we arrived (3girls) and we had a reservation in a shared room of 8beds. they told us that they could provide a better room, private with 3beds, so we arrived at night expecting to stay there and another staff said "there is no space for you anywhere" only thing we could do is stay each of us in a mixed room of 8, separately. the room's smell was INSANE and people looked like homeless...no one was at the reception, we had to wait until they came all the time.WORST HOSTEL EVER

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2017
4.3

Very dingy, nice staff but thats about it.

18th Mar 2017
4.0

Yeesh! Hard to recommend this place. Staff were nice, helpful, though not in a hurry. Otherwise, thumbs down. The common room might be the most depressing place I've ever been in my life. And I've eaten alone inside a Jack-in-the-Box before. Guy who'd been there a while said that when anyone walks in, the happiness instantly leaves their face. Only thing to recommend it is that it's the cheapest hostel in town. Pay 2€ more for somewhere else and dramatically decrease your risk of suicide.

• Romania, Male, 18-24
14th Feb 2017

It is ok ovrall, if you look for a bed and shower, just perfect.

• Ecuador, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
4.0

I would like to say that if you read all the previous reviews and see the negative aspects of those reviews , that pretty much sums up my opinion, dirty place, kitchen closes between 12 a.m. and 9 a.m., it looks like a permanent residence for homeless alcoholics, and definetely avoid the man with the long hair in a rubberband that will ask you a 1,000 and more questionas as if he works there , but , doesn+`t, staff rude with the men guests but freindly with the women guests, typical...