Residencia Malaga Backpackers Reviews

c/ Jeronimo Bobadilla N�4, Malaga, Spain

Very nice helpful staff. I met lovely people there who were travelling

The bathrooms and corridors are mostly clean but the kitchen was disgusting with the fridge full of rotting and spilled food and no space left. We asked and were told it would be cleaned but it wasn't. The pillows and mattresses were also sweat stained and smelled. I had nice room mates but none of us were happy with the cleanliness. 10 min walk to beach was good. 40 min walk to city centre was ok but often we took the bus.

Very good staff Many young people and much noise

I had good fun there.. the staff's excellent and we were close to the beach ! Nice met people there :)

• 2nd Aug 2014

All the staff were really nice, but there were the smallest toilets ever, and all little far away from centro:) On the other side it give you opportunity to see other parts of the city...

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Poland

It's easily accessible which is great. Just do not rely on local transport because although there are many bus lines, they might not get there when you need them.

• 12th Jul 2014

Best place to stay at Malaga. Pretty close to historical centr, railway station and subway. 10 minuts to the beach. A lot of cheap supermarkets are closed to the hostel. Great kitchen. Party is every evening.

Very good atmosphere and definitely a great location too. Recommended

For 8 Euros a night I wasn't expecting that much from the hostel, however the staff, including James and Rachael were extremely helpful and the people in the hostel resulted in an excellent atmosphere. It's very close to the beach and is great for the price I paid for.

• 27th Jun 2014

The hostel was run very well and was well accommodating. Worth three times the price especially as a result of the lodgers and the Staff.

• 27th Jun 2014

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've been to. I originally planned on staying just a few days and wound up extending my stay a few nights because I didn't want to leave! The location is easy to get to from the bus and train stations and very close to the beach. The common areas were awesome and I was able to meet so many great people. The staff were the best - always around to help and hang out with the guests. Such a good deal for the money. I can't wait to come back!

Absolutely decent. A bit far from the center but a ten-minute walk from the beach. Very nice and helpful staff. Other guests typically 35 backpackers. The ten bed dorm is a pain though, squeaky beds and air conditioning didn't work well to fight the heat.

There was good customer service, but the overall cleanliness was really dissapointing. There was pasta all over the kitchen and on the tables in the lounge so that I had to use a paper towel and clean it up before I put my computer down. Someone was also smoking in the kitchen and the manager didn't do anything about it, he just kept playing pool. There was also mold all over the shower curtains and water marks on my walls. My room also smelled like smoke (even though smoking was not allowed).

• 1st Jun 2014

The staff at the hostel were awesome, the only downside is the hostel is far away from the town centre, but the staff do provide you with a map and give directions and advice on which buses to take.

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful and the hostel has a fun chilled vibe. Highly recommend.

• 31st May 2014

Only used Hostel for 1 night, suitably close to airport. Website shows this as a 24h reception but Hostel was not, closing at 1am, we arrived at 1.15am and luckily staff had stayed up and allowed us in despite a brief grumble, he then sold us a couple of beers and was very pleasant and helpful, even 7 hours later when we left in the morning.

• 16th May 2014

It's a nice hostel, but it's very far from the center. Not too bad with a bus ride though. It's a nice hostel.

• 15th May 2014

Okay, so I gave pretty bad scores to certain aspects of this hostel BUT it was undoubtedly one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. A few things: no lockers in the rooms, located pretty far outside the center of the city (but very close to the beach), so it's expensive to go party. HOWEVER, the staff were awesome and I really enjoyed hanging out there. There's always something to do and the place has a very homey feel to it. If you're looking to meet people, this is an excellent choice.

Too far from the bus station, and quite isolated.

excellent for adolescents