Residencia Malaga Backpackers

Rating 1145 Total Reviews

• Ecuador, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
4.0

I would like to say that if you read all the previous reviews and see the negative aspects of those reviews , that pretty much sums up my opinion, dirty place, kitchen closes between 12 a.m. and 9 a.m., it looks like a permanent residence for homeless alcoholics, and definetely avoid the man with the long hair in a rubberband that will ask you a 1,000 and more questionas as if he works there , but , doesn+`t, staff rude with the men guests but freindly with the women guests, typical...

26th Dec 2016
6.3

I like the pools table and tv dining area, other than with this cheaper mixed room price i don't expect. really simple, just wanted a bed for a night. Don't epect much. It was hard to find toliet paper and hand soap in the bathroom. Broken shower curtains. And the room was cold. I could not even tell which bed was mine when I walked in, since they don't clean up the bed and blanket after someone left.

26th Dec 2016
6.6

the hostel was far from historic sites ie piscassos house but it was cheap and cheerfull, there was people in the hostel that were long stayers which was good because they knew what places to check out that was cheap and value for money.stayed 6 nights

• katyensch9060
  • England, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
16th Dec 2016
4.3

This is one of the worst hostels I've stayed in to be honest, and i feel bad saying that as I've stayed in some really grotty ones before but they've always had something to make up for it in some way - like the staff was really friendly, or the location was great. The same can't be said for this one, it's grotty and unclean, the location is awful (away from all the main sites), really disorganised (beds not remade after people had left), and the reception guy knew nothing about Malaga! Bad.

15th Nov 2016

Really nice place, staff are very friendly, you can use huge kitchen. There are always somebody in living room. Easy going, very friendly gathered in the hostel. I will probably stay if I have a chance!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
27th Sep 2016
2.0

The worst place ever to stay in Malaga!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

We emailed ahead to let them know we would be flying in really late. We showed up when we said we would, but they had locked up. We finally woke up the guy on desk duty and he told us that no one had let him know. Otherwise it was a great stay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2016
4.9

Its a pretty grubby hostel...sand in the bed, pillows were yellow, dirty bathroom. It just felt like staying at someone's unclean house. On the plus side the common area is good for socialising and it's cheap.

27th Aug 2016
6.0

I want to add a review because I've had an unusual problem. I was quietly working with my computer in a part of the common room which was empty. Suddenly, a young lady came and sat in front of me and set the volume of the TV to a much higher level. I tried politely and very calmly (at first...) to discuss with her, in the hope of finding a "trade-off", but there was no way. She just said that it was comfortable for her, that I had to move, etc. And... she is working in this this hostel...

• Finland, Female, 31-40
27th Aug 2016
4.3

OMG the worst hostel ever stayed! Ok,price was so cheap so what can you expect, but I wouldn't recommend to anybody. It felt like sleeping in a old prison. So dirty and would need ALOT of renevation!Bunk bed was unsafe and unstable.We stayed dorm for 4 people and there was just 1 electric plug(what needed to use for a fan).Showers and toilets were disgusting. We left early in the morning so we left the keys in the lobby and outdoor was open, so not that safe option. ONLY good thing was the staff