Residencia Malaga Backpackers Reviews

c/ Jeronimo Bobadilla N�4, Malaga, Spain

very helpful friendly staff. Relaxed athmosphere. Lent itself towards meeting other guests because of the layout of the livingroom

I just slept there for a night, and I guess for 8 €/night you can't expect much, but if I book an 8-bed-dorm, I expect there to be 8 beds, not 10!!! -.-

The worst hostel experience ever. I didn't expect much, all I wanted was an accommodation for one night before we go to the airport at 5am. The hostel was simply disgusting.The walls in our twin bedroom were covered with smashed corpses of insects and stains. Dark brown stains could also be found on inner cushions and curtains. Rotten food, broken eggs, spilled liquids in the smelly fridge.Awful experience, it is just a nightmare.

The hostel's staff and the hostel itself was good. They were all here for you and to help you if you needed it to. Thanks for the week we spent there.

It was very dirty in all areas of the hostel. Instead of eight beds as specified, they have managed to put 10 in a smallish room with no working aircon. The kitchen and the lounge were very dirty as well. The location is very poor, being neither close to the downtown nor to the beach. The only good thing was the working wi -fi in the rooms and in the lounge area. Needs a lot of improvements

great value accommodation, very good for meeting people. has a pool table which was nice. took 17 minutes to walk there with a big backpack from the train station, and it was 10 minutes to the beach. supermarket around the corner. at least half an hour to walk into the main part of town but the bus is easy and only costs i think 1.30eu a trip so save your feet and a lot of sweat because malaga is hot! only downside was the kitchen was almost always messy.

Traditional backpackers hostel ideal for airport and beach

A bit far from city center (about 30 min by feet). Rooms are not the largest I've ever seen but it's a good place to stay. Over all is very cheap and it's clean :)

We booked this hostel because it was one of the few that had last-minute space available for a twin room during the feria. We were told that the sheets weren't clean yet but that they would be delivered later. OUr room had t an en-suite which we didn't expect, but the shower doors were broken causing huge flooding. Still no sheets when we returned from the feria so we had to sleep on bare mattresses. Common areas smelled like smoke and sweat and were filthy.

Pretty standard hostel. They had ran out of lockers when I arrived so had to leave my non-important stuff under my bed and hope for the best. Important stuff had to lug around with me. Apart from that it was decent, staff were friendly and helpful

Nice staffs, in special Rachel, and not that nice cleanliness.

• 20th Aug 2014

The people who manage the hostel are amazing! I felt really cared for and personally valued :) thanks guys i had an awesome time with you!!

• 14th Aug 2014

Very nice helpful staff. I met lovely people there who were travelling

The bathrooms and corridors are mostly clean but the kitchen was disgusting with the fridge full of rotting and spilled food and no space left. We asked and were told it would be cleaned but it wasn't. The pillows and mattresses were also sweat stained and smelled. I had nice room mates but none of us were happy with the cleanliness. 10 min walk to beach was good. 40 min walk to city centre was ok but often we took the bus.

Big guy that works at the front desk is nice and really cool. Very relaxed and chill vibe. I never even left the hostel at night because it was very relaxed but had a good crowd of people. Stay here over the big party hostels in Malaga , i usually love them but the vibe here was great to chill out and hit the beach and recover for a couple days. Stay here anyday and price is great

Very good staff Many young people and much noise

I had good fun there.. the staff's excellent and we were close to the beach ! Nice met people there :)

• 2nd Aug 2014

Big thanks to everyone in Residencia!!!! We had a great time just hanging out in the livingroom. Something to never forget!!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

All the staff were really nice, but there were the smallest toilets ever, and all little far away from centro:) On the other side it give you opportunity to see other parts of the city...

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Poland

It's easily accessible which is great. Just do not rely on local transport because although there are many bus lines, they might not get there when you need them.

• 12th Jul 2014