Riverlodge Backpackers Reviews

Oude Molen Estate, Alexander Road, Pinelands, Cape Town, South Africa

Great staff! A clean place with a good kitchen and a big common room but it's a bit far away from the center of the city.

Nice hostel but rather interesting crowd. Also, not much life in the part of town.

Nice room and people. No hot water a couple nights

We really enjoyed our stay at the Riverlodge, mostly because of the people who stayed there together with us. It is really easy to get to know people from South Africa, which I have not experienced in the other hostels I stayed at. The only bad thing was the we had seen flyers and brochures about the place stating that they did free pick-ups and drop-offs from the city center and the airport which turned out not to be true.

Please get rid of the roosters....

Cheap place to stay for a while, but you have to get used to waking up at 4:30am when the five roosters start crowing for the next 12 hours. Kitchen was a little dirty, laundry was cheap and well done, but the noise was too much after a few days of bad sleep.

The super friendly staff of this hostel was one of the best things about this hostel. The girls at the reception were really helpful and it made us feel at home.

• 10th Jul 2012

If you're looking for a safe, clean and cool but cheap place to stay in Cape Town - this one is yours! It is basic but very clean - bathroom facilities, kitchen and floors are cleaned on a daily basis. The rooms are pretty small, but that's ok, usually you don't come to Cape Town to hang around in your dorm ;-) There are many spots to chill out, inside or outside, and to socialise with others. The staff was great, really nice, helpful and laid-back! Due to security very safe aswell. I loved it!

Riverlodge Backpackers is basic but clean with friendly and helpful staff. It's a bit out of town (which we wanted) but is a block from the Pinelands train which gets you to downtown Cape Town in 16 minutes for 7RND. The kitchen is impressive -- well stocked, clean and very large with plenty of fridge space. There are plenty of shared showers which always have HOT water! It's walking distance to a great grocery! We only wished that wifi were available. But it's a great value!

Its a good place, with a excellent atmosphere e good facilities. Just remember that if you are without car will not be easy to get there after 17h, and in the weekend the train dont pass so often. But otherwise its cheap and fast to get there by train.

I spent three nights in this hostel. I do not speak English so it complicates communication. but they were very welcoming, caring with me. My first meetings of my trip. I thank Stacy for her kindness and patience because it helped me tremendously in organizing my trip. the beginning, I really needed. I would not forget this hostel if that is very family friendly.

Onsite car parking. Easy access to motorway and short drive into CBD or to airport.

We really enjoyed our time there. However our booking and payment through Hostelworld left a few questions. I enclose my corresp with Riverlodge - it was not clear on your site that the 10% was not refundable. R108 JUST to make a booking through you seems very high. I will try to do my booking direct in future. (Thank you for the booking reference. I see that it was booked through hostelworld. As far as i know the 10% that was paid as an deposit is part of the payment, and this is how hostel wprld and

• 4th May 2011
  • South Africa

Great stay at Riverlodge. Staff very friendly and welcoming especially PJ . Camping good but woke up by chickens . Would recommend to everyone . Nice short journey on the train from Cape Town.

• 26th Sep 2010

The staff were friendly and accommodating. I felt very safe and comfortable; location was perfect 1 block from the train; a 10-15 min train ride to Cape Town. There are local shops to grab a quick bite in walking distance. The train is 5 rand and a cab is about 100 rand...take the train!

It was actually pretty cool staying in a hostel out of town that was is such a peaceful location. Staff were amazing and PJ rocked!

Good staff!! Good character!! Very little rooms with too noisy beds!

We have booked one thing, but when we got there we received other. There was more people in the place then it could receive.

I paid for doble bed and stayed in a room if 4 beds.

Only a few station to Cape Town, easy to get around. Helpful staff and clean dorm. Very nice place to sleep at night.