Rocinha Guest House Reviews

Estrada da Gavea, 259 rua um casa 10, Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The girl at the reception is a warm person, simply AWESOME

The hostel and the area of Rocinha is a magical place. The family were really welcoming and made all the guests while I was there feel at home, sharing meals with us and enjoying the experience of watching World Cup matches together. The view from the hostel is one of the best in the world (and I've worked at Oban). This has got to be one of the most outstanding places I've stayed and if your nerves are frayed after the motor taxi ride get in the hammock and let your cares go.

R ocinha guesthouse is a very warm and welcoming place. I always felt safe and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend people to stay here to see the real side of Brazil and the view alone is worth a visit.

This guest house is in a favela I visited during the World Cup, it's worth a visit for the experience, I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff cannot do enough for you and they provided a favela tour, aswell as home cooking. The area is safe, like anywhere you just need to look after yourself but the locals are very friendly and helpful. There's plenty of places to shop, eat and drink right on your doorstep. Also transport is easy, by bus, taxi or mototaxi!

For someone who wants a really brazilian adventure this is for you. The media portrays these favelas in a way which strikes fear into many. Although they can be dangerous at times generally if you visit them with thw right intentions and the right mind set you will be rewarded with a great experience. My brother and I loved our stay at rochina. Obi and his brother marca run the hostel out of there family home which sits on a terrace at the top of the favela in a safe area. 9.5/10 from us :)

• 2nd Jun 2014

We loved our stay at the Rocinha Guesthouse. The family is very welcoming and kind. Rocinha is a great place full of hidden treasures, like e. g. amazing sushi, tons of friendly people and the breathtaking views of Rio. We stayed in a private room with bunk beds. it was fairly clean, so was the bathroom. i would come back to this place anytime. Great value for your money and if you talk to the charming hosts you will learn a lot about the life in Rocinha.

• 13th May 2014

If you want to experience real rio, stay here, at least for a couple of days mid week

• 20th Apr 2014

Staying in Rocinha is probably more for the open-minded traveller who wants to broaden his horizon. But if this is your perception of travelling you will most likely find yourself enjoying your stay a lot. The Rocinha guest-house has a nice atmosphere, relaxed and laid-back. Obi and Dona Neusa are very friendly and welcoming and the same goes for all the people I met in Rocinha.

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts