Rossco Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Real de Mexicanos # 16, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

The Good: Great staff, charming colonial building set around a courtyard, nice vibe, pleasant, quiet, peaceful, good crowd. The Bad: Breakfast? None to speak of. Showers were tiny and had that dirty hostel shower character. Not the best.

No plugs in the room to charge your phone

Everything was just perfect as always in this hostel.

Amazing hostel. The staff is lovely and helpful, great breakfast, rooms and bathroom are clean, beautiful guests, near to the historic center, safe. The dogs are also lovely. Thank you so much.

• 13th Mar 2014

Staff is very unfriendly!! Careful people...the hostel is going to try to charge you another night, because you didn´t go to the front desk and said in person that you will check out. We lost our deposit (you even dont get keys!!) of 50 pesos because of that situation.

• 24th Feb 2014

Excellent location, very helpfully staff arranged tours and generally answered questions. Cleanliness in rooms, kitchen and bathrooms was excellent.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Lovely welcoming place with charming rooms. Helpful and friendly staff. I'm not a big fan of dogs normally but the ones here are lovely and friendly to the customers. Trip to the canyon was great and good value. Nice to sit by the fire in the evenings. A bit of a walk from the main part of town but that's not a problem.

A girl's passport and money was stolen in the night. Some more secure places to store stuff would be nice. Other than that, a wonderful stay!

• 24th Jan 2014

very nice stuff, great location, comfortable beds. Negative: though I had 3 plankets it was freezing cold in the dorm, breakfast very basic, no wifi signal in the room and outside very slow

This is a great place but the only thing that lets it down is the lack of power sockets in rooms and 1 shower in a 14 bed dorm is not enough.

Friendly and helpful staff, nice place, walking distance to everything, cute town, opportunity to socialise with other guests. My only *critique* if you can call it that! is that while I was there the days were cold and it was hard to get warm in the rooms. Otherwise, no complaints! Thanks for having us!

The hostel is nice, but to me it was too cold, with no public spaces inside, which means you're basically outside all the time, if you're not in your room/dorm. There's nowhere to charge electrical things in the room, at least not in the female dorm, and the wifi doesn't work in the room too. So far the negative things... The beds were nice with good heavy blankets, breakfast was basic but ok.

I really like this hostel! The bed are comfy and the staff are always ready to help you. I had a great moment in this place.

Rossco is my favourite hostel in Mexico! The staff are really friendly, there's a great atmosphere, a kitchen to prepare your food, breakfast included, movie room with hammocks/beanbags, sweet hostel pets (very friendly rescue dogs & cats), bonfire, hairdryers in each shower, pool table, and the list goes on. Also I had a free night as it was the month of my birthday, and a free night for booking 3 in a row. My friend had a free night for turning up on a motorcycle. I ended up staying 2 weeks!

• 6th Dec 2013

The room was great, we booked a private room and it was very good, the staff was very friendly, everything was great, we even got a promotion for my birthday. It's a great hostel, they have tamales for sale, it's close to the historic centre, mercado santo domingo and restaurants. The only thing is that there are some cats and dogs in the hostel, the dogs are ok, but one cat jumped on the table while we were eating and it was disgusting.

Aeromexico lost my friend´s bag and the staff helped us a lot to find it again!!

The hostel was very nice,very spacious. The beds were comfortable and there were large lockers in the rooms. The outdoor area is very big and well maintained with a fire pit that is used every night. Unfortunately I was staying in the roomm that was right underneath the cinema and close to the kitchen which got very noisy at times.

This hostel has good facilities - a pool table, a mini cinema upstairs, a kitchen for guest use, and the nightly bonfire is a great place to chill and meet people. The staff are friendly and the location is only a 5 minute walk from downtown as well. The basic is breakfast and the free internet is slow but I would gladly recommed this hostel. The dorms are comfortable but are very dark at night so you may need a head torch if you need to get up at this time.

There are about 5 resident dogs and 2 resident cats in this hostel. While they are fine most of the time, 1 of the dogs and 1 of the cats are continually in the kitchen & the cat is always climbing on the table meowing trying to eat your food. It's really annoying. You can't close the kitchen door either unless you barricade it shut from the inside with a chair so they will come in. Apart from this & a lack of power points in the rooms the hostel was pretty good.

Hi there,,, thanks for your review... about the dogs & cats we will put something in the kitchen in order to keep away they from the kitchen and add plugs in the dorms... thanks a lot for your comment that help us a lot..... have nice travels

So great hotel! I wanna use again!

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels