Rossco Backpackers Hostel

Fabulous 1055 Total Reviews

• WillNz
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
19th May 2017

Absolutely loved it, everything you could ask for in a hostel - I will be back. If I had to pick a downside.. breakfast is basic, but the local food is awesome and cheap so no drama there.

15th Apr 2017

The staff is really helpful. And this one is really good to stay. I met a lot of nice friends over here. Include breakfast ,made me like in home. That's very safe. Clean and lovely place.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017
7.7

Solid place. Would be better with a good crowd so that's luck of the draw. On the downside they use powdered milk mixed with water for breakfast, as a breakfast elitist I cringed at that.

13th Apr 2017

Great hostel! I stayed at a private bedroom and it was a very nice room! The hostel is well located but not so close to the main plaza, you have to walk around 15 minutes to get there.

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017
2.0

Worst hostel experience of my 6 months of travel. 1)no atmosphere 2)really noisy at night and worst of all they stole mine and my friends clothes in the hostel laundry. We said we wouldn't pay for our night until they gave us back our clothes and the guy at the reception was just like 'ok haha bye' & was laughing about it with the laundry woman, told us he couldn't be bothered to look at the cctv & then walked off and hid when my friend got upset! They still have our favourite clothes :(

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017
2.0

I thought the Hostel laundry you could trust they ended up stealing 3 items of my washing and I still had to pay an expensive amount and never got the clothes back!. A loud group of people came into the hostel at 1am kept making noise till 2am, I asked the reception to tell them to please be quite, he said you can go into the room and tell them. Lazy reception they did not care No atmosphere. If you can stay somewhere else. Plus you have to pay for drinking water. Horrible stay

• England, Male, 31-40
4th Apr 2017

Great hostel, one of best I've stayed in four months of traveling. Great staff, always available at the desk 24/7. Rooms are cleans, gentle dogs always friendly. Wish I could have stayed longer

31st Mar 2017

It was a nice place but the one staff guy was very very rude it was very bad in the early morning the staff lets people be very loud in the morning he said if i do not like the place i can leave the dogs was great there is like 5 dogs so nice the fire pit was nice also not a badplace just the staff was not the best at all

• England, Couple, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

Really enjoyed our time at Rosscos- our room was really clean and the bed really comfy. Breakfast is simple (cereal, toast and fruit) but there are lots of nice hang out areas, a movie room and evening fires. Location is great- a short walk from central town and the markets. And the dogs are an added bonus! We'd definitely stay again.

7th Mar 2017

Awesome place to stay in an amazing city. Absolutely loved my time in San Cristobal and Rosscos was a great place to meet other travellers. The hostel is nice and clean and the staff are very good, able to help with anything you want to book. Such sweet and adorable hostel dogs (that are rescues) that gives it a little extra. Make sure you do the free walking tour!!