Roy Bridge Hostel & Grey Corrie Lodge Reviews

Roy Bridge, Inverness-shire, Fort William, Scotland

Showers very dirty and old , Tiny room, very loud from the other rooms so door dies not isolate well

Security was poor but it felt safe. There are no staff but you can go to the pub to ask questions. This is not the place to go for atmosphere but that suited us fine. The showers were disgusting but the beds and sheets were spotless.

Sorry to be so negative but this was not an enjoyable experience. The worst aspect was the graffiti on the underside of the top bunks. It was deeply unpleasant and disturbing to my youngsters, and this was a family room. Other problems were dirty carpet, damaged window, and the bathrooms were in a poor state and grubby. And there was no parking - I had to improvise a space and leave a note. This was such a contrast to other hostels we stayed at. We would have been happier camping.

• 6th Aug 2015

Enjoyed the stay - great value - good atmosphere

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Basic as expected staff friendly and helpful

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Good location. Kitchen and laundry facilities. Parking space was good.

It was very basic accommodation, so be aware. I knew from other comments about cleanness issues (damp, mold) so I can't complain, I knew waht I was signing for (I can just confirm). Still you pay like for a campsite, so I guess worth the price (especially with fussy weather in this region)

No soap in the bathrooms, one room had a heater and one didnt.

Basic needs good enough to accomodate us for a decent nights sleep facilities for self catering ...eg tea making etc , clean beds and clean showers and toilets.......price ideal for people on a budget ......absolutely ideal for a base in the Nevis area ..and a good base for visiting Skye Inverness loch ness and on the door step for Fort William .beautiful scenery .thanks ...!!

• 13th Jul 2015

The hostel was in a great location with lots of fantastic parking available. The hostel itself could have been cleaner, particularly the toilets and showers. Great communal area, but no books, games or any entertainment. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Had two meals in the pub next door - great value and superb service. Would def go ahead.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Typical bunkhouse, but not maintained and dirty. Paid at the hotel bar and never saw any staff at all. You get what you pay for...

Everything fine, except toilets and showers (destroyed and made by amateurs).

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The kitchen was filthy and sticky. We did not use facilities for cooking meals, because of that. You really should visit the place and check it out for youselves. I do not expect a lot, when it is so cheap, but at least i expect staff to clean the kitchen once in a while, or provide us with clean dishcloths and some tea towels. The bedlinens were clean and fresh, but the floor was dirty.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Dirty facilities, damp on the walls, old and worn out bedding

Staff upgraded us from the bunkhouse to a large room in the main hotel as they had free rooms -- at no extra cost. Wonderful suprise after three cold nights in tents for which we are very grateful!

This is cheap basic accommodation. It's far better than camping. The beds were clean. The staff were friendly, gave us a 4-bed room for 2 of us so we could sleep on the bottom bunks. Nice touch to have a logburner with free wood. We were the only people there the night we stayed. If you just want a clean bed, a roof over your head and a hot shower this is good enough. The pub next door serves breakfast and evening meals. Close to Ben Roy Ice Age Landscape and 13miles from Fort William.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for being so accommodating.

• 14th Apr 2015

The bathroom and shower facilities was not great at all, but for the price paid, that's to be expected. The bedding was lovely and clean! Friendly, no-nonsence staff.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Room was full of mould/damp and the smell walking into room was disgusting. Stains on the bedsheets. The door to the lodge was left open so anyone could enter. Not even one plug socket in the room. I know if you pay basic prices you get basic rooms but I did not expect to be greeted to a moulding room with no where to even charge my things. Would never come back. I actually left after an hour because it was awful and stayed in a b

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

The beds themselves were comfortable and the sheet were clean but that is about all. The floor under the bed hadn't been vacuum in a long time. I opted not having a shower as there was quite a bit of mould around. The toilets were clean enough. It is just generally an old place that needs some updating. The pub attached isn't a bad place to hang out. Finally it is a fair distance from fort Williams so I wouldn't recommend if you don't have a car.

View all Fort William Hostels