Royal Hostel Singapore Reviews

28A Smith Street, Singapore, Singapore

Located in Chinatown, located in front of hawkers. Friendly staff and the best place was good. However, it is regrettable common area is narrow, the number of shower is few.

Dorms/beds/lockers still good, though I suspect they didn't change the sheets w/ new ones for me at the time I checked in.Toilets in Dorm2 need an upgrade---shower heads leak (spraying from the side instead of the nozzle), vinyl folding doors of the toilet stall are torn (prying eyes!), somebody please scrub the bathroom/toilet walls w/ bleach (mildew!).A/C is 1 of the best amenities (turns on early, shuts off late next morning).Every 1 is hushed (no drunken gap-year chattering in the dorm).ü

I was very hapy with my stay, the staff ere very helpful, the room air con was super efficient, and security lockers very handy. The only issue that I had was the lack of staff for early check out, which meant that unless you returned your key card prior to 9 PM the night prior you would forfeit your $10 deposit if you departed before office staff arrived at 9 AM.

It is good but the place is a little squeezy. There are no living room to relax and mingle around. No kitchen to cook simple meal like instant noodles. But the location is good.

Maybe royal can fix a bathroom and wifi at lv4

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

I emailed ahead twice to verify there was a woman's dorm room, but when I got there, there was none. Staff were great. Bathrooms, especially showers, could be better.

Located in the middle of Chinatown with very close distance to the Chinatown station. I was lucky who got a bed far away from the windows so I did not experience any disturbing noices. Personal is friendly. Breakfast is quite minimal, toasted bread, butter, marmelade, and some coconut-ish spread. Loved that there was snacks and coffee/tea always available. Personally i did not get that good of a feel for the atmosphere, it was a bit too cramped.

We got a twin bedroom without window which we never would have booked if we had known. The facilities were dirty and tiny and shared bathrooms for men and women. No privacy and no cleanliness at all in the amenities. Breakfast was bad: toast without a toaster, instant coffee, jam and thats it. The staff were friendlier to Asian people than to us and not really helpful with questions and enquiries. The only positive things: the wifi reception was good and the location was quite nice. Never again!

I'm Enjoy to stay here, near to city and MRT station

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

One of the best I´ve stayed in so far! The beds are very comfortable and everything is very clean. The bathrooms are a bit small but it´s not bad! I will definitively come back some time!