Royal Hostel Singapore Reviews

28A Smith Street, Singapore, Singapore

For the value of the stay, they can have better bathrooms. Little bit disappointed.

Nice place in the middle of china town. Checked in very late so was left a note on how to get in. Nice stay.

The guests were antisocial, the security was pretty poor, the bathroom was like a sauna and was in a sad state of repair, the lockers weren't big enough to put my bag in

LOCATION is the BEST STAFF is very NICE CLEANLINESS is GOOD BED has its own CURTAIN that preserves good PRIVACY BED has its own ELECTRIC SUPPLY PLUG LOCKER is LARGE for SUITCASE which can carry on the air plane and is close to BED AIR-TEMP CONTROL is PERFECT Only bathroom is a little bit small.

Mike and his staff are world class. Would definitely return!

• 23rd Apr 2015

Had a good stay there. Thanks Ethan (staff) !

I had a wonderful experience at the Royal Hostel. It is in a great location on food street in China town. Ethan was great in arranging a late check in for my friend and I. Plus!!! I left my sweatshirt there and he made sure to mail it out to me. So awesome!!

Ok, clean place to stay right in the middle of China town. No common area to hang out in though, which would have been nice.

This hostel is located in Smith Street Hawker Centre, it is making me more comfortable and happy and we can enjoy foods day and night. Thank you

It is in a perfect location in the heart of chinatown, only a 2 minute walk from the MRT. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff gave me really good suggestions so as to make my stay at singapore really enjoyable

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay here. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The staff at this hostel couldn't have been more helpful. sorting a late check in and providing us with maps and recommendations. The location is perfect right on the edge of Chinatown and near the subway. can't recommend more!!

Dorm 1: (+) lady comes in everyday to clean, A/C temp set just right, Rachel is a great hostess, clean/mostly white/cool interiors are a respite from the crazy/noisy/humid Chinatown outside, arguably the best hostel beds in all Singapore, gorgeous kitchen ware (Athena stainless). Dorm1: (-) tiny toilet stalls/shower stalls (1sq. mtr.), only one sink (the other crashed to the floor!), no luggage storage (just an alcove under stairs), not much hostel character (see Chinatown reference above).

This place is not luxurious, but it is cheap and fairly clean and conveniently located. The staff are also pleasant and helpful. The only complaint would be a bit more privacy in the shower/toilet area, but space is limited. Singapore is very expensive, so for 22SGD a night, I was very satisfied.