Royal Hotel Battambang Reviews

Battambang, Battambang, Cambodia

Lovely place to stay with friendly staff. Use Yaya the tuk tuk driver - he does free transfers to the hostel and as he is so friendly and gives you great historical and personal insight into the area.

The hotel was in a good location, easy to find and to walk to/from. The staff were friendly but a little pushy to book a tour through them. We wanted to book an independent tuk tuk as we had a better offer and they were reluctant to help us at first. The room had a funky smell but was otherwise clean.

Standard of service is appalling. I booked a bus for 7am and was told the next day that it wasn't booked so instead I had to wait nearly 2 hours for a taxi they booked which took me half the way and I was then stranded. Apart from this, the hotel staff are friendly enough and can book tours around and outside the city. Rooms are clean and big. Good AC and general facilities although the shower is not hot. It's tepid at best