Ryokan @ Muntri Street Reviews

62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Great breakfast!

As what is mentioned in most of the comments, the floor in this hostel really makes a lot of noise. But it's okay at night since not many people were walking around. During our stay in ryokan, there was a construction going on next door and they started knocking and drilling at around 8am which was too noisy for us to continue sleeping. Other than that this hostel is pretty good since it's new and clean. It will be better if the hostel can organize some events, not necessarily party.

The carpet along the corridor needs a little cleaning and so do the beanbags need some sunning.. The minimal staffs running this place, I 'll say they are doing a more than decent job keeping this place clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and served by a smiling lady. There other staffs need to pick up that traits from her. Other then that I am please with their assistance with information to make my stay pleasant.

• 31st May 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic staff, great location! It's perfect for the budget yet slightly finicky travellers. Will definitely stay here the next time round and reccomend it to my friends!

• 1st May 2014
  • Singapore

The staff are friendly, the hostel is clean, and it's in a great location. I have stayed here twice and recommended it to others as well.

I am seldom impressed my hostels be ause you usually have to deal with the rundown rooms. But Ryokan is more like a hotel in terms of decoration and how clean it is. It also have cook that makes your breakfast for you.

Should not go to this hostels, very boring place, staff was not at all helpful.

I did enjoy staying in here,the staff are friendly and the location is convenient to take bus to go anywhere :)

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Nice Hostel with a very calm atmosphere, stylish interior, good breakfast. Showers could be cleaner.

For 35RM per night, it is pretty good. A modern, clean hostel suitable for young backpackers. Security is definitely a WIN for this hostel, I was traveling alone and was approached by a random guy in broad daylight who turned out to be super creepy and dodgy. I came back to the hostel right away because I felt like he was following me, but the security system made me felt safe again. Ryokan needs to organise nightly events/tours like other hostels i've been in Europe.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Comfy beds, good wifi connection, staff are really helpful. On the downside the floorboards are really thin and creeky. When people walk down the hallway the room shakes, it's not great for light sleepers. There are only 3 toilets and showers and when we were there one of the toilets wasn't working. There are a lot of mossies in the showers and toilets (I was bitten quite badly) so fly nets/covers on the windows would help massively.

Free breakfast was great. Wifi worked very well, even in the room. The four bed mixed dorm is quite small and without window. Overall, good value for money.

This was a great hostel! The location is 5 minutes from all the nightlife and a bus ride away from any other attractions. The staff was really nice and the people staying there were really nice as well. The breakfast was okay. They also sell bus tickets to other cities in Malaysia, which was really useful. I would definitely stay again!