Ryokan @ Muntri Street Reviews

62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

I did enjoy staying in here,the staff are friendly and the location is convenient to take bus to go anywhere :)

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Nice Hostel with a very calm atmosphere, stylish interior, good breakfast. Showers could be cleaner.

For 35RM per night, it is pretty good. A modern, clean hostel suitable for young backpackers. Security is definitely a WIN for this hostel, I was traveling alone and was approached by a random guy in broad daylight who turned out to be super creepy and dodgy. I came back to the hostel right away because I felt like he was following me, but the security system made me felt safe again. Ryokan needs to organise nightly events/tours like other hostels i've been in Europe.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Comfy beds, good wifi connection, staff are really helpful. On the downside the floorboards are really thin and creeky. When people walk down the hallway the room shakes, it's not great for light sleepers. There are only 3 toilets and showers and when we were there one of the toilets wasn't working. There are a lot of mossies in the showers and toilets (I was bitten quite badly) so fly nets/covers on the windows would help massively.

Free breakfast was great. Wifi worked very well, even in the room. The four bed mixed dorm is quite small and without window. Overall, good value for money.

This was a great hostel! The location is 5 minutes from all the nightlife and a bus ride away from any other attractions. The staff was really nice and the people staying there were really nice as well. The breakfast was okay. They also sell bus tickets to other cities in Malaysia, which was really useful. I would definitely stay again!

Location and staff were great! The wifi signal in the room #212 didn't work so you had to go down to the reception/ lounge area to use it. The room and bathroom also stunk of sewerage on and off during my stay.

overall, the stay is awesome and nice! however, the security freak me out when the locker or the individual cabinet is not well organised. everyone has the access to take other stuff, and there is miss communication betwern the staff which make our stay become unlucky at first day.

Enjoyed our stay at this hostel, it was very clean and the rooms were modern, had great air con with remote and very big lockers for each person. I had an issue sleeping one night due to very loud snoring in my dorm and they moved me into a different dorm when asked in the middle of the night which I really appreciated. Really friendly staff, it is close to the main street but that isn't great. I recommend going to Gurney Plaza if you fancy a bit of shopping and it has loads of food. Thanks!

Great hostel, lovely breakfast, would stay again!

Good: facilities are a flashpacker's wet dream, free breakfast (with a cook making your eggs on the spot), nice location, clean and secure Bad: the guy working there on our first night was clearly new and totally useless…we called to get more accurate directions to the hostel (please clarify those on the website) and got the wrong directions to get there…not much more helpful once we got there. I could hear absolutely everything in the halls from my bed…footsteps were stomps. Bring earplugs.

Nice and helpfull staff,,, good location and clean room. Good breakfast...

Really comfy and slick looking hostel with excellent AC! I met some great people here. Location is great, although as long as you're staying in the general Georgetown area, anywhere is a great location as youll be walking around looking for great street food most of the time.

Great place. Super location. Very clean. Staff was very helpful. The rooms and nice and spacious. The water pressure is AWESOME and the A/C was on point!! You most definitely get that bang for your buck!

I checked out after a night - it just wasn't for me.

Staffs are quite friendly and they will try to fulfill your requirements. Location at city center nearby camera museum, murals, and cafe which are quite convenient for tourist.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

The best Hostel I have been so far. The staff was very nice and helpful and the facilities are very stylish and clean as well.

Stayed here for 2 nights in a 6 bed dorm. The rooms had a bedside light, plug, large locker, towel and bedside shelf for odd bits despite being on a side street every morning was always loud outside. The common areas were comfy and a nice addition. Staff were helpful and friendly however seemed to lack knowledge of activities etc in the local areas and a free breakfast was provided. Bathrooms were unisex and provided powerful hot showers with soap and shampoo however not always clean.

a well looked after hostel! one if the best hostels in Malaysia! great facilities! good location and nice staff! highly recommended! thanks!

Ryokan is the best hostel yet. Great services and facilities, very comfy and affordable. i like it so muchhhhhhh. Love it.

• 1st Nov 2013