Ryokan @ Muntri Street Reviews

62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

Great breakfast!

As what is mentioned in most of the comments, the floor in this hostel really makes a lot of noise. But it's okay at night since not many people were walking around. During our stay in ryokan, there was a construction going on next door and they started knocking and drilling at around 8am which was too noisy for us to continue sleeping. Other than that this hostel is pretty good since it's new and clean. It will be better if the hostel can organize some events, not necessarily party.

The carpet along the corridor needs a little cleaning and so do the beanbags need some sunning.. The minimal staffs running this place, I 'll say they are doing a more than decent job keeping this place clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and served by a smiling lady. There other staffs need to pick up that traits from her. Other then that I am please with their assistance with information to make my stay pleasant.

• 31st May 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic staff, great location! It's perfect for the budget yet slightly finicky travellers. Will definitely stay here the next time round and reccomend it to my friends!

• 1st May 2014
  • Singapore

The staff are friendly, the hostel is clean, and it's in a great location. I have stayed here twice and recommended it to others as well.

I am seldom impressed my hostels be ause you usually have to deal with the rundown rooms. But Ryokan is more like a hotel in terms of decoration and how clean it is. It also have cook that makes your breakfast for you.

Should not go to this hostels, very boring place, staff was not at all helpful.