Ryokan @ Muntri Street Reviews

62 Jalan Muntri, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

everything was great , stuff was friendly ...

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

sorry to sound like a spoiled flashpacker, but this hostel was quite drab and a little depressing for me!! its finished horribly and for me was very dark in some places. Easily fixed! get a handrail onto your stair please!! I would have liked a proper sofa of some description to sit on at the end of the way walking around penang!! Beanbags dont cut it for me. Positives: very very cheap laundry, breakfast provided was superb, comfortable beds, superb air conditioning and no limits on its use.

Great breakfast!

As what is mentioned in most of the comments, the floor in this hostel really makes a lot of noise. But it's okay at night since not many people were walking around. During our stay in ryokan, there was a construction going on next door and they started knocking and drilling at around 8am which was too noisy for us to continue sleeping. Other than that this hostel is pretty good since it's new and clean. It will be better if the hostel can organize some events, not necessarily party.

The carpet along the corridor needs a little cleaning and so do the beanbags need some sunning.. The minimal staffs running this place, I 'll say they are doing a more than decent job keeping this place clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and served by a smiling lady. There other staffs need to pick up that traits from her. Other then that I am please with their assistance with information to make my stay pleasant.

• 31st May 2014