SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

A really nice location with even its own little Onsen. The staff speaks really good English and is very helpful.

Sweet as hostel really. Nice hot onsen.

Awesome staff who are able to give you suggestions on the best places to eat and see. Facility also has an onsen in house that you can access all throughout the night. There were only a couple showers, and no personal electronics outlets in bunk beds but didn't bother me though. Rooms had lockers for valuables, and beds were fine. Great social area that we used to hang out with other backpackers. Very relaxing place! Would def stay there again! Thanks!

Thank you very much for staying with us. This is Khaosan Beppu staff, Aya writing. we had a really nice time with you :) Nice to meet you and hope you will have nice time at next destination :) Big hugs from Beppu, Aya

Very well managed, good staff, good facilities.

Very nice plus that they have an onsen within the hostel which can save you money on paying for other onsens in the city. Pretty good location and very nice staff. If you end up on the last floor like I did and have a heavy bag you will need help since they have no elevators, but the view is amazing from the last room.

Less toilet than expected. Room clean. Kitchen room is OK.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Thailand

Limit toilet here. But the other facilities is great.

Super friendly and helpful stafff. Location was great. Great atmosphere to meet people, yet quiet and peaceful as well.

So although the facilities need a bit of a facelift the staff are great and the common room is lively. Fun place to be.

Generally clean and tidy in all common areas. But my room has rotton wood odour. Kitchen is good, but not enough seat.

I really enjoyed my stay here, and I was happy that there was free parking, since we had our car. It is a really affordable place located very close to eating areas as well as some spas that are famous in Beppu. It is nice that there is even an onsen inside the hostel too. The sleeping area is a traditional Japanese style room with futon and tatami mats, and the futons are a little close to each other, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving a nice comment !! Hope you come back again :) Greetings from Beppu

Spa hostel is one of the best hostels in Kyushu region maybe even in Japan. The staff is the absolute best, they make you feel at home, are so much fun and are experienced travellers. One of the best parts of the hostel that it has its own little onsen with segregated mens and women baths. The vibe in Beppu is great! Its relaxed with nice people and plenty of stuff to see. You can spend spend some time at the beach, have a few beer in the common room or chill out in the onsen. Awesome place!!!

Great staff, everyone was so helpful and kind. Gave some great recommendations for Onsens and onward travel help. Would absolutely come back to Beppu and stay at this hostel.

Thank you very much for staying with us!! And we really appreciate with your review! Hope to see you next timeeeee :)

Great staff and they have their Onsen! Very spacious room, real value for your money!

Really good value for the price! My only complaints were 1. NO hot water in any of the taps - very cold in winter! and 2. Weird wall/fence thing on the bed in the single room. It really hurt when I accidentally sat on it (multiple times). Please take that off. Guests staying in the single room are over 5 years old and will not fall out of the bed!

Great hostel, great staff... Thanks for these few days !

When we visited the showers were broken, otherwise ideal facilities. Good location, lots of info on places to eat and visit. Lots of common space, private rooms could be laid out better as a bit cramped

It's a nice place to stay for a couple days while exploring the so-called jigoku sights and local enjoying hot springs and bathhouses.

truly one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

One of the cheapest, best value-for-money hostel's I've stayed in, in all of Japan. Really close to the station and conveniently located around convenience stores etc. The bed I stayed in was a bit smelly but that didn't bother me too much. Unfortunately the hot water was out for the night, so we all had to use the Hostel's Onsen instead of the shower; not really a downside if you ask me. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you again :) Khaosan Beppu staff Aya