SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

a very nice hostel, with free separate onsen for women/men :) the water is super hot so be careful!great location, liked the common room & the kitchen..internet worked in our room; the room is a tiny bit smelly bc of the tatami mats..they have coupons and a lot of info about onsens, local restaurants & they even have a small bar one street away.if they are booked during the weekend stay at Kasugasou Hotel which is only 2 blocks North (up) from this hostel - private room is 3000 yen pp.

It's noisy come from the lower room by many people who share the room. They had talked and smoked from 10 PM to 2 AM. Since the poor floor and wall couldn't keep sound and smoke out of my room, I felt so terrible. For the room and toilet look dirty and many things look too old to use and out of order. The hot water isn't work. And the water in the On Zen pool is little hot.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

i arrive at hostel 10PM but all staff leave here 9PM so i dont know who can i ask for help or who can give me an advice so i can't rent towel from the reception toilet is smell no lift no free water wifi is ok far from the ststion

Not difficult to find. Don't know why they don't post directions. Great that they have a onsen in the building.

Had a great time in Beppu, stayed only one night in 4 bed Private Room feeling like home. Enjoyed the onsen and Japanese style mattress. Will stay again for sure.

As Beppu is the Onsen City, also this Guesthouse has a nice footbath right in the entrance and a nice small Onsen for free. 5 minutes walk to station and harbor, although if you want to get to the devils onsen attractions you will need some form of transportation. Relatively big, but it makes up this lack of atmosphere by having a small Manga room, a bar and of course the Onsen :D

The stuff was friendly and waited for me until I arrived even though it was after 9 pm. It is the cheapest hostel I stayed in during my travels, and also the most dirty one. The carpet in the hallway is full of stains and dirt and the shower\toilet is very old and run down. Room was ok, I stayed in an 4 bed mixed dorm. What I don't understand is why the female dorm is 5$ more expensive per night then the mixed dorm. Both have 4 beds, so why should I pay more only because there are just women?

The place was very nice and clean enough, except for the shower: it was impossible open the window because it was on the public street and there wasn't courtains, so the bathroom was plenty of steam (during August it could be a little hard).

Very clean hostel with a lovely onsen to relax in. Great atmosphere

Everything was OK, checking in at 8 am amazing!

everything I used was perfect, except the hot spring in the hostel. specially in the mornig, the temperature of the water was terrible to me. not warm enough. But most of the facilities in the hostel was enough to meet my needs. thanks for your helps.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Nice hostel with a good onsen to relax with! Staff is nice and atmosphere there was good. Room is tidy and clean with lockers. Good value for money :D

This Hostel was not what we expected... very small rooms, not clean, and a little bit old.... location was good, near train station.

Very nice hostel in a very nice place. Got everything you need. Especially the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Very friendly staff, and really lovely facilities, I really enjoyed the stay!

Great value for the money. Stayed one night. For some reason the bar was closed and no one told me about the bicycles. Does not have any special atmosphere, but gret location, they have their own onsen free for guests (onsen are cheap, but it's nice to have one just in the building where you are staying) and everything worked fine.

Very helpful staff and full privacy which was very good. I loved the onsen! Such good design and real water (didn't smell like a normal ofuro with chlorine water.) No tv in the hostel but free internet and great posters with tips to places to see in and around Beppu. I was inspired to visit Hoyoland Mud onsen after seeing the hostel Beppu book, and I absolutely loved it! Perfect location and bonus for a comfortable bed. I would love to come back :)

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Norway

This hostel is conveniently located near the station and its staff is helpful but it needs some thorough cleaning and maintenance.

The available showers are limited and are old. Nevertheless, the staff and the bar were great and I had a good time!

Central location, very friendly staff and a relaxed athosphere. Clean basic rooms with lockers. Free bicycles was a big plus!

« first « Prev 1 2 3