SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

There really is something to do with that shower...

The hostel is well located and very cheap. The staff helps you but it is a chain hostel and lacks of some true atmosphere. Everything works good, do not misunderstand my words, I just mean that it lacks of some real flavor. Anyway, if you find a well located place with a good price it is good, but the atmosphere is no so charming.

Staff were very friendly and spoke English pretty well. My only complaint is that the bug screens on the windows had holes and so bugs could very easily get into the dormitory.

This hostel was good, difficult to find, but once we got there everything worked well and the staff are awesome. I left some things in the common room and they organised to send it to osaka for me- legends! Additionally, the onsen is great. we went to a local onsen but on my last day i was able to enjoy the onsen in the hostel as i had limited time. our room smelt like smoke but it was fine. I would stay here again if i was in the area

Room (empty water bottle under bed) and bathroom could have been cleaner. Toilet also malfunctioned and did not flush well. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location.

Room was not very clean...e.g. plastic bottle and other debris still under the bed. Toilet did not function well (did not flush reliably). Staff very friendly and helpful.

Great spot in beppu for a trip. Loved the onsen as your morning shower. We got an ensuite private room which had its own balcony area and separate bathroom, was huge by Japan standards. Its a little older but it ads to the charm.

To attend a conference.1 night. 2nd time there.receptionists were friendly.

• 24th May 2014
  • Japan

4 " mature women" stayed here and had a great time.Good location and loved the onsen, esp the foot one at the entrance.The staff was very entertaining.Played cards at nite with "the black guy", had a blast. Pat from Florida, USA.

Really cool hostel, has own bar and onsen. Would definately stay again!

This was a really nice hostel in the beautiful little town of Beppu. I couldn't see any directions on hostel world but if you go into the information centre at the train station the staff will show you how to get there. It's about 10 mins from the station. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were super comfortable, with curtains for privacy. The onsen in the hostel was lovely, very small but a great way to experience the onsen as we didn't have much time to explore the others in the area.

nice to have a free onsen in the hostel. Comfortable stay, thank you

Loved it. Clean. Staff was AMAZING! Nice onsen inside the hostel. Thanks for all guys!

• 19th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere and staff. Had a fun night there with some fellow travelers. Walkable from the station but kind of tricky to find at first. For Japanese standards not that clean but still pretty decent. The Onsen in the hostel is awesome! The other bathing facilities... not that much. Cold shower which didn't work that well. Not that much toilet facilities. I still recommend staying here while visiting Beppu. It's a nice place. Beppu itself can be pretty boring though.

The best hostel ever where you can have free onsen everyday. Love the BBQ party Yojiro san organized for the guests. We had a great time at Khaosan Beppu. The drinks at Hot Bepper bar were great too.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Vietnam

Was very cheap and has its own onsens in the building. Great atmosphere

The staff was helpful. A good base to discover beppu. I went there already 3 or 4 years ago and remember it much cleaner and better kept, especially the kitchen and the onsen. The price for a single room is cheap and it has tatami. If you don't need any luxury to enjoy a spa town I would recommend it.

As this was our second time staying at khoasan beppu we knew we were going to enjoy another great stay. And again we weren't disappointed. I even left my glasses and they are kindly returning them by post to the uk. Thanks guys see you all again x

I love futon on the top flor roon and love it.

Great location. Good kitchen. And how many hostels have a 24-hour free hot spring. There was zero ambiance in the hot spring room, but it did the trick. Quiet neighborhood.

View all Beppu Spa City Oita Hostels