SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

truly one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

One of the cheapest, best value-for-money hostel's I've stayed in, in all of Japan. Really close to the station and conveniently located around convenience stores etc. The bed I stayed in was a bit smelly but that didn't bother me too much. Unfortunately the hot water was out for the night, so we all had to use the Hostel's Onsen instead of the shower; not really a downside if you ask me. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you again :) Khaosan Beppu staff Aya

The ht water tap in the showers was faulty when I stayed there..but it has an onsen..dorms were nice and comfy with lockers..5-10 min walk from commercial centre

That days we been there the spa was out of order, they said they will cover our expenses on other Onsan but this never happen, rules of the hostel are quite straight and this is good unless a big group of noisy people choose to ignore compleatly, and nobody from the staff was able to rectify the situation. Location is good and they have bike you can use only with a small deposit.

I had an absolute blast here, the staff and other tenants were fabulous! They are located next to several springs and a 7 minute walk from the station.

The signage board outside the hostel is not lit at all. Therefore, it is very difficult to identify and locate the hostel. There is not hot water at the tap, so everything hot could only be completed at the hot water available at the first floor of "onsen". Heater is good, but there are too much dusts present behind the cupboard, behind bed, and under the bed. The common space in the kitchen is very limited, even with the manga reading room, it is not conducive.

Location is excellent for spa hopping. The on-site bath is nothing to write home about, but quality. Common areas and kitchen are really nice.

AWESOME hostel I've ever been!!! There is hot spring!! Beppu is famous of hot spring but other hotel's accommodation fees are expensive. Hamayuu is good place, staffs and atmosphere!! If you have a plan to go to Beppu you should stay there!!!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Japan

1) Taps should have hot and cold water for guests especially during winter months. 2) Have at least 2 chairs or stools in each room and more coat hangers. 3) Should have free Wi-Fi in the room.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

I had wonderful moments in Khaosan Beppu. The place was very nice. I will absolutely recommend.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Nice hostel with great onsen bath and helpful staff. On the downside, the dorm beds had curtains, but they were see through so i got woken up a lot by other people in the dorm coming in at all hours and turning lights on.

1) bathroom is dirty 2) We had only 1 time hot shower. The staff said it i depends on the natural hot spring 3) some guests smoked in the house but the staff did not action We will not stay there ever again

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Unfortunately, this was the least pleasant hostel I stayed in in Japan. The room wasn't very clean, the futon smelly, the room was above the men's onsen and you could hear every spoken word as if the people were sitting in our room and overall it so loud (there was a machine - maybe something for the Ibsen - which made a loud sound every second day and night. The showers had no warm water and the kitchen was a bit filthy. I guess it was a nice hostel one day but now it's not that nice anymore.

Shower in room doesn't work

Great value, in a good location a short 10 minute walk from the train station. The staff are friendly and speak good english. There is plenty of information for discovering Beppu. Having a simple onsen in the premise was nice too.

I was quite disappointed from this place since it's one of the Khaosan. I stayed in two others in Japan and they were great. Here for instance are only two showers in the whole building and the one I chose had only cold water (and we are talking about an Onsen town with natural hot water?!). In addition, to be honest, was pretty dirty. There was no spa feeling at all. On top a lot of things were in really bad shape or broken (stair banisters, carpet, sinks etc.). The rest was just plain average.

Fantastic hostel with amazingly low prices. Where else can you sleep on a comfortable bed, make food in a pristine kitchen and bathe in a natural hot spring for 1500yen?!

The overall experience was very nice and the staff is really helpfull. The onsen within the hotel is a big plus, so you can enjoy hot water even int the morning. The smoking room was not very good isolated, so you could smell the smoke in the common rooms. This was not very pleasent, since we were non-smokers.

This hostel was really great! The staff are so lovely and the kitchen is so well equipped which is great when you`ve been living on seven eleven inari and onigiri for weeks. The facilities are good and having an onsen on site is awesome, but watch out - it`s HOT! The living room is cool too and the beds were clean and comfy. I`d happily stay here again and again for the value for money. The atmosphere would be great when the bar is open too.

One of the best guest house I have ever stayed so far. I couldn't believe they charge so cheap for the dorm room

View all Beppu Spa City Oita Hostels