SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Nice hostel with a good onsen to relax with! Staff is nice and atmosphere there was good. Room is tidy and clean with lockers. Good value for money :D

Very friendly staff, and really lovely facilities, I really enjoyed the stay!

Great value for the money. Stayed one night. For some reason the bar was closed and no one told me about the bicycles. Does not have any special atmosphere, but gret location, they have their own onsen free for guests (onsen are cheap, but it's nice to have one just in the building where you are staying) and everything worked fine.

Very helpful staff and full privacy which was very good. I loved the onsen! Such good design and real water (didn't smell like a normal ofuro with chlorine water.) No tv in the hostel but free internet and great posters with tips to places to see in and around Beppu. I was inspired to visit Hoyoland Mud onsen after seeing the hostel Beppu book, and I absolutely loved it! Perfect location and bonus for a comfortable bed. I would love to come back :)

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Norway

This hostel is conveniently located near the station and its staff is helpful but it needs some thorough cleaning and maintenance.

The available showers are limited and are old. Nevertheless, the staff and the bar were great and I had a good time!

Central location, very friendly staff and a relaxed athosphere. Clean basic rooms with lockers. Free bicycles was a big plus!

This is the second time I stayed here. This time the only minor thing is water inside the in-house onsen was not hot enough.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

This is the 3rd time I have been to this hotel. I have loved it every time. First thing because of its location. Its just minitues from the Beppu station and a short walk from a com bi, and shopping. The staff is great and the rooms are very clean. I hope to stay there again.

There really is something to do with that shower...

The hostel is well located and very cheap. The staff helps you but it is a chain hostel and lacks of some true atmosphere. Everything works good, do not misunderstand my words, I just mean that it lacks of some real flavor. Anyway, if you find a well located place with a good price it is good, but the atmosphere is no so charming.

Staff were very friendly and spoke English pretty well. My only complaint is that the bug screens on the windows had holes and so bugs could very easily get into the dormitory.

This hostel was good, difficult to find, but once we got there everything worked well and the staff are awesome. I left some things in the common room and they organised to send it to osaka for me- legends! Additionally, the onsen is great. we went to a local onsen but on my last day i was able to enjoy the onsen in the hostel as i had limited time. our room smelt like smoke but it was fine. I would stay here again if i was in the area

Room (empty water bottle under bed) and bathroom could have been cleaner. Toilet also malfunctioned and did not flush well. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location.

Room was not very clean...e.g. plastic bottle and other debris still under the bed. Toilet did not function well (did not flush reliably). Staff very friendly and helpful.

Great spot in beppu for a trip. Loved the onsen as your morning shower. We got an ensuite private room which had its own balcony area and separate bathroom, was huge by Japan standards. Its a little older but it ads to the charm.

To attend a conference.1 night. 2nd time there.receptionists were friendly.

• 24th May 2014
  • Japan

4 " mature women" stayed here and had a great time.Good location and loved the onsen, esp the foot one at the entrance.The staff was very entertaining.Played cards at nite with "the black guy", had a blast. Pat from Florida, USA.

Really cool hostel, has own bar and onsen. Would definately stay again!

This was a really nice hostel in the beautiful little town of Beppu. I couldn't see any directions on hostel world but if you go into the information centre at the train station the staff will show you how to get there. It's about 10 mins from the station. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were super comfortable, with curtains for privacy. The onsen in the hostel was lovely, very small but a great way to experience the onsen as we didn't have much time to explore the others in the area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3