SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Generally clean and tidy in all common areas. But my room has rotton wood odour. Kitchen is good, but not enough seat.

I really enjoyed my stay here, and I was happy that there was free parking, since we had our car. It is a really affordable place located very close to eating areas as well as some spas that are famous in Beppu. It is nice that there is even an onsen inside the hostel too. The sleeping area is a traditional Japanese style room with futon and tatami mats, and the futons are a little close to each other, but it was an overall pleasant experience.

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving a nice comment !! Hope you come back again :) Greetings from Beppu

Spa hostel is one of the best hostels in Kyushu region maybe even in Japan. The staff is the absolute best, they make you feel at home, are so much fun and are experienced travellers. One of the best parts of the hostel that it has its own little onsen with segregated mens and women baths. The vibe in Beppu is great! Its relaxed with nice people and plenty of stuff to see. You can spend spend some time at the beach, have a few beer in the common room or chill out in the onsen. Awesome place!!!

Great staff, everyone was so helpful and kind. Gave some great recommendations for Onsens and onward travel help. Would absolutely come back to Beppu and stay at this hostel.

Thank you very much for staying with us!! And we really appreciate with your review! Hope to see you next timeeeee :)

Great staff and they have their Onsen! Very spacious room, real value for your money!

Really good value for the price! My only complaints were 1. NO hot water in any of the taps - very cold in winter! and 2. Weird wall/fence thing on the bed in the single room. It really hurt when I accidentally sat on it (multiple times). Please take that off. Guests staying in the single room are over 5 years old and will not fall out of the bed!

Great hostel, great staff... Thanks for these few days !

When we visited the showers were broken, otherwise ideal facilities. Good location, lots of info on places to eat and visit. Lots of common space, private rooms could be laid out better as a bit cramped

It's a nice place to stay for a couple days while exploring the so-called jigoku sights and local enjoying hot springs and bathhouses.

truly one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

One of the cheapest, best value-for-money hostel's I've stayed in, in all of Japan. Really close to the station and conveniently located around convenience stores etc. The bed I stayed in was a bit smelly but that didn't bother me too much. Unfortunately the hot water was out for the night, so we all had to use the Hostel's Onsen instead of the shower; not really a downside if you ask me. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you again :) Khaosan Beppu staff Aya

The ht water tap in the showers was faulty when I stayed there..but it has an onsen..dorms were nice and comfy with lockers..5-10 min walk from commercial centre

That days we been there the spa was out of order, they said they will cover our expenses on other Onsan but this never happen, rules of the hostel are quite straight and this is good unless a big group of noisy people choose to ignore compleatly, and nobody from the staff was able to rectify the situation. Location is good and they have bike you can use only with a small deposit.

I had an absolute blast here, the staff and other tenants were fabulous! They are located next to several springs and a 7 minute walk from the station.

The signage board outside the hostel is not lit at all. Therefore, it is very difficult to identify and locate the hostel. There is not hot water at the tap, so everything hot could only be completed at the hot water available at the first floor of "onsen". Heater is good, but there are too much dusts present behind the cupboard, behind bed, and under the bed. The common space in the kitchen is very limited, even with the manga reading room, it is not conducive.

Location is excellent for spa hopping. The on-site bath is nothing to write home about, but quality. Common areas and kitchen are really nice.

AWESOME hostel I've ever been!!! There is hot spring!! Beppu is famous of hot spring but other hotel's accommodation fees are expensive. Hamayuu is good place, staffs and atmosphere!! If you have a plan to go to Beppu you should stay there!!!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Japan

1) Taps should have hot and cold water for guests especially during winter months. 2) Have at least 2 chairs or stools in each room and more coat hangers. 3) Should have free Wi-Fi in the room.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

I had wonderful moments in Khaosan Beppu. The place was very nice. I will absolutely recommend.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Thailand

Nice hostel with great onsen bath and helpful staff. On the downside, the dorm beds had curtains, but they were see through so i got woken up a lot by other people in the dorm coming in at all hours and turning lights on.

View all Beppu Spa City Oita Hostels