SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu Reviews

3-3-10 Kitahama, Beppu city, Oita, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

The best hostel ever where you can have free onsen everyday. Love the BBQ party Yojiro san organized for the guests. We had a great time at Khaosan Beppu. The drinks at Hot Bepper bar were great too.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Vietnam

Was very cheap and has its own onsens in the building. Great atmosphere

The staff was helpful. A good base to discover beppu. I went there already 3 or 4 years ago and remember it much cleaner and better kept, especially the kitchen and the onsen. The price for a single room is cheap and it has tatami. If you don't need any luxury to enjoy a spa town I would recommend it.

As this was our second time staying at khoasan beppu we knew we were going to enjoy another great stay. And again we weren't disappointed. I even left my glasses and they are kindly returning them by post to the uk. Thanks guys see you all again x

I love futon on the top flor roon and love it.

Great location. Good kitchen. And how many hostels have a 24-hour free hot spring. There was zero ambiance in the hot spring room, but it did the trick. Quiet neighborhood.

Very nice place. Tatami rooms, western-style baths.

Awesome hostel, friendly atmosphere, great location, lovely onsen, would highly recommend!

This hostel has more facilities than most. A large kitchen, a cozy comic room and a (very) hot public bath. An enjoyable stay!

Staff was friendly, and good atmosphere overall...had a great time there.

It was pretty good, except that there is only one shower (on the second floor) and that wasn't working when I was in. This is because there's an onsen on the bottom floor, but for those who don't want to use the onsen, there is pretty much no other option. Also, no laundry, but there's a coin laundry around the corner.

Average hostel, run down, bathrooms on the 2nd floor could use some maintenance.

It offered a good place to sleep during my stay in Beppu. I also discovered how good Oita shochu is at the bar. There is a detailed guidebook inside the hostel describing what to see/do in Beppu.

Favorite spot in Japan so far! Both hostel and town. The crowd here, both staff and guests, are a great bunch. Has a bar on location, which helps get people into the social mood. AND onsen! Only complaint is that I could never get hot water in the sinks or showers, maybe it all goes to the onsens. Oh and the walls are paper thin, I could hear everything going on in the rooms next to me. Not a horrible thing, just something to be aware of (though not uncommon at hostels). Would love to come back!

Hotel has its own onsen, helpful and friendly staff with lots of info on Beppu sightseeing activities. Highly recommend this place.

no washing machine

The staff is extremely lovely and helpful. I love the spacious common room, free onsen, let alone the lovely bar area. Since it wasnt the peak season, i am the only staying in the 4-bed room. It was a nice stay, and I love the city as well.

SPA HOSTEL KHAOSAN BEPPU was really nice experience, the place was a little tricky to find... a nice man helped me locate the place. Very clean, a few floors, the common room was nice. My room was a bit cold but bedsheets were really warm. Hostel has a onsen and it's clean very nice. If you wan to take shower you must go to the front desk area to go to the onsen to take a shower. The staff are kind and the maps and resources are amazing. Met a few nice backpackers too Japanese and French!

This is one of the best hostel I've ever stayed! I'd definitely return if I'm going to Beppu again! check this out!

There is spa inside the hostel. The heater in the room is not enough with Japanese house; however, the staffs are very nice and supportive. They found a new heater for us.

• 21st Jan 2014