Sakura Guest House Reviews

3-934-1 Nishinoisshikimachi Takayama, Hida Takayama, Japan

Good hostel, exceptionally good staff. Could do with better post/pre check in bag storage and is a bit of a walk to the station

This was by far one of the best places I stayed during my trip. Owner was very nice and I met some great people here. Kitchen had a television and many useful accessories. Beds were ridiculously comfortable and the bathrooms were really clean. There is also a fantastic view. Live this place.

Despite of its locatins quite far from takayama downtown, staying at sakura guesthouse made me feel like at home! Great atmosphere and good facilities! One of my top experiences in. Japan!

Our stay was just .. awesome ! That was sooo nice !! ( 15 min away from the station... If you think it's too much, you should stay in your country :p ). The staff is super nice ! Really, they did so much for us ! The facilities are Amazing, and the hostel is very Big and Confortable... Just don't hesitate !

Very good place! I would love to stay here again' Thank you.

The hostel is lovely and clean. The dorm was big and the bed very comfortable. It's located in a nice green area. Perfect location for hiking. Nice, helpful staff.

This hostel was quite out of the way, and didn't have a great atmosphere. Was clean/safe etc. so perfectly fine though.

Sakura Guest House was great - they showed up at the train station in a van to pick me up when I arrived, without me even having to ask. The vibe is great, a big shared kitchen with free tea. The floors are so clean I felt comfortable setting my clothes on the bathroom floor.

This hostel is a bit of a distance from the station, it is walkable or you can get a bus - though it is convenient for the Hida Takayama Folk village. Opposite the hostel is the Macintosh museum which does amazing food. It is nicely laid out with a large shared kitchen with a wood-burning stove. There are lockers and a keycode for your rooms, I didn't actually use the showers as I went to Onsen everyday but there is a coin operated washing machine and everything you would need to cook.

Amazing staff, amazing dorms, very spacious and comfortable. It feels like home. Twenty minutes walk from the centre, and they also rent bikes. Would definitely recommend it to everyone.

We loved the comfortable beds and fire place in the kitchen, which were nice and warm despite it still being a bit chilly outside and in the hallways. Great place from which to explore Takayama, thank you!

Great hostel in the mountains; very clean and friendly with a great kitchen. A little far on foot from the station, but fairly central to the sites of the area once you're there. Highly recommend Takayama if you're able to visit.

View all Hida Takayama Hostels