Sakura Guest House Reviews

3-934-1 Nishinoisshikimachi Takayama, Hida Takayama, Japan

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ended up dining at restaurants they recommended and it was delicious and reasonably priced. We really enjoyed our stay in Takayama. I would definitely recommend Sakura Guesthouse to family and friends!

Very nice hostel with very confortable beds and installations. Not so close to the centre but it's easy to get there if you rent one of the bikes avalable!

Nice place, close to the woods if you like hiking :) a bit far from the city of Takayama, but still easily walkable. Beautiful surroundings!

This hostal is very comfortable and private because all the dormitory with its own curtain. Just the location is a bit far from the train station. If you come back at night, it is better to take taxi

I really enjoyed my stay at Sakura guest house. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They clearly want you to have the best time in Takayama. It is a bit away from the town center, but a quick bike ride gets you there. Near to the Hida Folk VIllage whihc is also very beautiful. Highly recommend! Beautiful views from the hostel as well

• 5th Oct 2015

Hostel had a very peaceful atmosphere. It's a little way up the hill, but they do offer to pick up and drop off at the station if you time it right. Beds were really comfy and you got a great view over the city as you are on a hill. Highly recommend

Very nice, clean, well equipped guesthouse. Good kitchen, enough showers for the number of guests. A little far from the station but the Alps are for walking / cycling, right?

Very nice hostel, very comfy beds and nice kitchen.

Amazing place for an awesome price, good location, very close to the folk village. Staff was very helpful and nice. Hostel looked very clean and cozy. They rent bikes very cheap.

Good hostel, exceptionally good staff. Could do with better post/pre check in bag storage and is a bit of a walk to the station

This was by far one of the best places I stayed during my trip. Owner was very nice and I met some great people here. Kitchen had a television and many useful accessories. Beds were ridiculously comfortable and the bathrooms were really clean. There is also a fantastic view. Live this place.

I loved this hostel! It was an old house so it feels very cozy and homey and comfortable. It's a little bit of a walk to the station and Old Town but it's near a really cool craft center and shops. Plus it isn't far from the Hida area so if you plan on going to both this place is perfect! Very quiet and comfortable with a very helpful owner who gave great local recommendations!

Despite of its locatins quite far from takayama downtown, staying at sakura guesthouse made me feel like at home! Great atmosphere and good facilities! One of my top experiences in. Japan!

Our stay was just .. awesome ! That was sooo nice !! ( 15 min away from the station... If you think it's too much, you should stay in your country :p ). The staff is super nice ! Really, they did so much for us ! The facilities are Amazing, and the hostel is very Big and Confortable... Just don't hesitate !

Very good place! I would love to stay here again' Thank you.

The hostel is lovely and clean. The dorm was big and the bed very comfortable. It's located in a nice green area. Perfect location for hiking. Nice, helpful staff.

View all Hida Takayama Hostels