Sakura Guest House Reviews

3-934-1 Nishinoisshikimachi Takayama, Hida Takayama, Japan

Very nice, clean, well equipped guesthouse. Good kitchen, enough showers for the number of guests. A little far from the station but the Alps are for walking / cycling, right?

Very nice hostel, very comfy beds and nice kitchen.

Amazing place for an awesome price, good location, very close to the folk village. Staff was very helpful and nice. Hostel looked very clean and cozy. They rent bikes very cheap.

Good hostel, exceptionally good staff. Could do with better post/pre check in bag storage and is a bit of a walk to the station

This was by far one of the best places I stayed during my trip. Owner was very nice and I met some great people here. Kitchen had a television and many useful accessories. Beds were ridiculously comfortable and the bathrooms were really clean. There is also a fantastic view. Live this place.

I loved this hostel! It was an old house so it feels very cozy and homey and comfortable. It's a little bit of a walk to the station and Old Town but it's near a really cool craft center and shops. Plus it isn't far from the Hida area so if you plan on going to both this place is perfect! Very quiet and comfortable with a very helpful owner who gave great local recommendations!

Despite of its locatins quite far from takayama downtown, staying at sakura guesthouse made me feel like at home! Great atmosphere and good facilities! One of my top experiences in. Japan!

Our stay was just .. awesome ! That was sooo nice !! ( 15 min away from the station... If you think it's too much, you should stay in your country :p ). The staff is super nice ! Really, they did so much for us ! The facilities are Amazing, and the hostel is very Big and Confortable... Just don't hesitate !

Very good place! I would love to stay here again' Thank you.

The hostel is lovely and clean. The dorm was big and the bed very comfortable. It's located in a nice green area. Perfect location for hiking. Nice, helpful staff.

This hostel was quite out of the way, and didn't have a great atmosphere. Was clean/safe etc. so perfectly fine though.

Sakura Guest House was great - they showed up at the train station in a van to pick me up when I arrived, without me even having to ask. The vibe is great, a big shared kitchen with free tea. The floors are so clean I felt comfortable setting my clothes on the bathroom floor.

This hostel is a bit of a distance from the station, it is walkable or you can get a bus - though it is convenient for the Hida Takayama Folk village. Opposite the hostel is the Macintosh museum which does amazing food. It is nicely laid out with a large shared kitchen with a wood-burning stove. There are lockers and a keycode for your rooms, I didn't actually use the showers as I went to Onsen everyday but there is a coin operated washing machine and everything you would need to cook.

View all Hida Takayama Hostels