Sakura Guest House Reviews

3-934-1 Nishinoisshikimachi Takayama, Hida Takayama, Japan

Our stay was just .. awesome ! That was sooo nice !! ( 15 min away from the station... If you think it's too much, you should stay in your country :p ). The staff is super nice ! Really, they did so much for us ! The facilities are Amazing, and the hostel is very Big and Confortable... Just don't hesitate !

Very good place! I would love to stay here again' Thank you.

The hostel is lovely and clean. The dorm was big and the bed very comfortable. It's located in a nice green area. Perfect location for hiking. Nice, helpful staff.

This hostel was quite out of the way, and didn't have a great atmosphere. Was clean/safe etc. so perfectly fine though.

Sakura Guest House was great - they showed up at the train station in a van to pick me up when I arrived, without me even having to ask. The vibe is great, a big shared kitchen with free tea. The floors are so clean I felt comfortable setting my clothes on the bathroom floor.

This hostel is a bit of a distance from the station, it is walkable or you can get a bus - though it is convenient for the Hida Takayama Folk village. Opposite the hostel is the Macintosh museum which does amazing food. It is nicely laid out with a large shared kitchen with a wood-burning stove. There are lockers and a keycode for your rooms, I didn't actually use the showers as I went to Onsen everyday but there is a coin operated washing machine and everything you would need to cook.

Amazing staff, amazing dorms, very spacious and comfortable. It feels like home. Twenty minutes walk from the centre, and they also rent bikes. Would definitely recommend it to everyone.

We loved the comfortable beds and fire place in the kitchen, which were nice and warm despite it still being a bit chilly outside and in the hallways. Great place from which to explore Takayama, thank you!

Great hostel in the mountains; very clean and friendly with a great kitchen. A little far on foot from the station, but fairly central to the sites of the area once you're there. Highly recommend Takayama if you're able to visit.

This was the nicest place we stayed in Japan! A beautiful Guest House, warm and comfortable in the Winter. Very clean and comfortable and the perfect place to stay in Takayama for a quiet getaway!

Really good showers, close to folk village,good kitchen/common room with wood fire. The man had a map of places to eat nearby which was really handy.

View all Hida Takayama Hostels