Sam So Guesthouse Reviews

St. Wat Bo, House no. 0164, Wat Bo Village, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia, Siem Reap, Cambodia

For my first time in Cambodia itself, this hostel has give me a sense of warm welcome and security. Solo women traveler's will not have problem with the reliable "tuk-tuk" driver that they helped to arrange. Really like the breakfast that they provided. Had request for free pick up to the hostel, due to last minute request they have not replied my email but the hostel has actually arrange somebody for us at the pick up area. Really appreciate their help.

Very friendly staff, good to support a local guesthouse , rooms were clean and had a hot shower which is a luxury in most of the cheaper hostels. Free pickup from airport was very handy and staff always willing to help! I would stay there again.

• 21st Dec 2013

The hotel arranged a pickup from the airport for us, which was very convenient. Very friendly and helpfull staff. It was not until the second day that we realized breakfast was included. The room was spacious and cleaned every day. We also left our laundry here, but that was the only thing we were not statisfied about: it was still dirty and smelly. I noticed this too late to tell the owner, she had asked me (twice) to tell her if the laundry wasn't okay. Maybe that should've alarmed me earlier.

Sam So Guesthouse is located right in the heart of Siem Reap, two minute bike ride to the river and a five minute bike ride to the pub street / night market. Sam So and his wife are so helpful, accommodating, warm and welcome! The rooms were spotless, and it was nice and quiet in the evenings. Also, while staying here if you decide to hire a tuk tuk driver for the day to visit the temples ask for Mr. SAT. He is amazing!!!! Thank you for the amazing hospitality :)

• 17th Dec 2013

Great stay! Everybody was so nice and helpful! Thank you for an absolutely amazing time! Arranging all our tuktuks for us was very much appreciated. And while 7 seemed very early to leave for Angkor Wat, it was well worth it to be at the first ruins alone!

It was a fine guesthouse. You get what you expect, everything works and you really have to look to find things you don't like. The only thing i want to say is: the bathroom smelled a little bit mouldy. Of course, it cannot dry itself if there is a humidity like 150%, but still, this should be fixed. Everything else was OK. Very nice staff, small but good breakfast, organization of trips was good and everything worked out.

Great staff, they made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived! Very helpful and accomodating with all our tours and busses, and everything else we needed help with. Free breakfast in the morning was also very very nice. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this hostel to everyone.

Absolutely THE BEST Guest House you'll find in Siem Reap. Sam So and his family are so sweet and helpful that you'll feel that you want to stay at their guesthouse for the rest of your trip! :) The helped me to plan the rest of my journey and arranged for me a last-minute car to Battambang. The location is also great - as it's not in the chaotic backpackers area, but only 10 min.walk from there, so still central. If you are at Siem Reap I will highly recommend you to stay at Sam So, trust me!

nice place, nice service, free pick up from Mekong bus station, free breakfast... i will stay here when i come back in cambodia

Very friendly staff!!! Girl who worked in the evenings was particularly sweet and helpful. Very good facilities, large nice rooms but might be a bit on the quiet side for those that are on a party/gap year trip.

The staff was very friendly! The rooms were clean and they offered a cheap bike rental. For breakfast they had a delicious omelet with onions, bell peppers etc. :) We had a big room with air conditioning and own bathroom and there was nothing to complain about.

This guest house is very nice! People are great!! I had very good time and i was sad to leave the place...

• 2nd Nov 2013

The owners personally attend to guests and are very responsive to requests. The rooms are spacious and cleaned daily. As for location, Sam So Guesthouse is within walking distance to places of interest to travelers.

1 2 Next » last »