Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Please bring wifi to all rooms!

Thank you for the feedback. We started upgrading our wifi last week, and the project should be completed very shortly. It will help with making wifi accessible all throughout the hostel. Cheers and safe travels. Sara, General Manager

Staff really helpful!!!!

• 21st May 2015

Amazing location right on Venice Beach in the thick of it! Be warned there are a massive flight of stairs to get up to the hostel, great for security, not so good for weary arms!Overall nice place, common area to sit and meet people, they do events every night which would mean making friends is easy!They have a quiet time between 11 and 7 but I had some idiots in my room come in at 4am talking loudly but Prob just bad luck! I didn't get female only though I'd booked that so make sure you check

A friend recommended me this place last minute. Very friendly and helpful staff, Nic and the rest of the team. Prompt answer about check in time over email. Quite safe and easy accesible from LAX and Santa Monica. Decent common areas where one can meet bunch of cool people. Only small issue was cranky internet connection...

• 18th May 2015
  • Croatia

Classic hostel experience with great friendly staff and while I was there one of them took us on an outing like cycling up the sea-front. Living room has a great view of the beach and is conducive to conversation - met lots of fun travellers!

• 18th May 2015

If I do go back I will defiantly stay there. Everything was amazing. The only thing I didn't really like was that they ran out of coffee 2 days around 9am and bread on the 3rd day. I feel that if they say breakfast is 730 until 930 they shouldn't run out 3/4 of the way thru but other then that it was perfect.

In need of a lot more bathrooms.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Just to clarify, the majority of the rooms have bathrooms within the rooms - the ensuite rooms. The shared bathrooms are for the remaining rooms that do not have this amenity. During peak shower time (right before check out!) is generally the busiest time - best to use them a little before! Cheers and safe travels, Sara, GM

this is definetly a fun hostel with the most friendliest staff (Nic from 'stralia) I've met during my Cali trip. keep going guys

This was my 2nd time staying at Samesun and it was even better than I remember! The staff are so friendly and helpful, big shout out to Abby and Sara who made my trip so great! The hostel is in a fantastic location steps away from the beach, the rooms are spacious and everything was super clean. Security at night made me feel really safe, you had to show your key before being buzzed up. The hostel activities were awesome and a great place to meet people.Amazing hostel! Definitely reccommend!!

Great hostel, 20 seconds away from Venice beach. The beds and showers were fine, the only disappointment being the limited breakfast. Would still recommend...

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Venice. For those reading, breakfast is toast, fruit, coffee, tea, and pancakes between the hours of 7:30 and 9:30am. Cheers and safe travels. Sara GM

Great location!

The staff at this hostel is amazing. They made me feel so welcome right from the start. Everyone was super friendly and helpful when i had questions about the area. Speaking of, the location is amazing. It´s right at the Boardwalk and skatepark. Lots of bars and restaurants in the area as well. The Hostel itself was very clean, the shared bathrooms were always clean, so was the kitchen area and the common room. I had a great time in Venice and a wonderful stay at the SameSun Hostel.

Thanks for the great feedback. Glad that you enjoyed your time in Venice. Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

Great hostel, great staff, awesome breaky in morning, my room was sweet looking out onto the beach, great value for the money and Nick is a legend good guy to had around , top bloke.

• 4th May 2015

I had a good weekend in Venice Beach. I enjoyed the stay at the SameSun Hostel a lot. I joined a few of their daily activities. It´s a great way to explore the area and meet new people. It was a great vibe in the hostel. The staff was super chill and nice. Possibly the best staff i met when staying at hostels!! Super clean rooms and so close to the beach! Can´t wait to check out more of the SameSun Hostels on my trip to Canada.

• 3rd May 2015

My passport was stolen from my room but the staff helped me out in a calm and useful way.

Thank you for the feedback. We will contact you directly regarding this claim. Glad the staff were helpful. For those reading we have lockers in each room, as well as a safe at the front desk. Sara General Manager

Pretty expensive for what you get but definitely can't complain about the staff or location. Nick in particular was a bit of a legend.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear the staff were legends! Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

Great staff, good relaxed atmosphere, the best location in Venice!

• 30th Apr 2015

Thanks for the feedback! Our location definitely cannot be beat. Cheers and safe travels. Sara, General Manager

This hostel is hands down the best hostel I've stayed at! Where to start?!... The location is unbeatable with the beach a 20second walk away and great bars and restaurants surrounding (Danny's, Larrys and Townhouse to name a few) the rooms are bright and spacious and the beds are so comfy! The staff are great! Really fun and happy to give advice on things to do and see. The Samesun have definitely put their stamp on this hostel and there is no question, this is the hostel to stay at in Venice!!

I really enjoyed staying at Samesun. The staff made my friend and I feel very welcome and helped us in any way we needed. The location was ideal, and the facilities were more than great. Shout outs to the boys who work at the Venice Beach Location in L.A, you were wonderful, made me feel so welcome and showed me a good time all around! I miss this place and will definitely be returning with friends in the next month or two! Thanks!

• 28th Apr 2015

My trip previous to this one was in 2008, when the place was the "Venice Beach (C)otel". Love this hostel so much. Great times and memories. Happy to see that the place is only getting better, with vibe strong and logistics pretty effective. Bravo to the staff and management. If you want a great, happy place to stay in Venice Beach, this is the one.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5