Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Absolutely amazing hostel right on Venice Beach. The staff were awesome. Nic and Issiah were so cool. I wish I were them. Great atmosphere with friendly hostel mates.

The location is lovely right on the beach but with location comes some security challenges at the front door as it is remote to the desk and is controlled via a camera which people can avoid by sneaking in behind guests. The bed was the hardest I've ever slept on. Staff was great.

• 18th Mar 2015

Great location, great staf and easy to meet other guests on the hostel. Space could be better and sometimes noice from the commen area late night. This is the place to stay if you are going to Venice!

Brilliant stay at Samesun. The location was perfect for my relaxing stay at the coast. The room was clean and spacious with a gorgeous ocean view and the rest of the hostel was of a high standard with good security.

A nice hostel! I found it not particularly welcoming, but a great location at Venice beach!

I only stayed 24hrs and only slept there, as I was out and about. Great location, awesome! Couldn't be closer to everything. But I waited over an hour to check it which wasn't a great start for me. Ok if it takes that long, but I was told to sit and wait when I could have used that time out at the beach. I had a private room which made it expensive for what I gor, but that's understandable in the area. Needs more bathrooms for sure, waited for ages for a shower in the morning. Staff were ok.

Excelent place! Perfect location, would totally recommend it and I'm definitely staying here next time.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

It's a really good hostel with a great atmosphere. Especially if you're travelling alone you'll have a lot of people to connect with as there is a big common area where people gather. The free breakfast (Pancakes, Toasts, Oranges, & Coffee) has the very basics, but you wouldn't need more. The kitchen is well supplied and so you can also cook for yourself if you want to avoid the expensive but good Venice Beach fast food. You won't find a better deal when it comes to location+price.

If you are looking for the full Venice experience this is the place to go. With great staff and atmosphere there is no question you will feel welcome at this place! Get ready make friends, party until the break of dawn and see the most beautiful sunset of your life. Location is as central as it could come and you will be safely locket away in the hostel for it's security and 24 hour reception is always on guard. If you ask me this is the LA experience!

Seriously the best place! Great for anyone on their first time in la! Everyone is really friendly and it's accessible to so much, and the free brekkie is the goods.

• 8th Mar 2015

Was a friendly place, facilities were kept clean and great location. Staff werr great recommending and helping set up uber of cheap cabs and helped answer any other questions.

Arrived from a long international flight at 7:30 am and check in wasn't untill 3pm, but the manager was amazing and got us in early, even upgraded us to a private room.. Great location, helpful staff (except for the morning guy who pumps Kanye at 6:30am- that cray!!) clean, safe rooms. Perfect for what we were after

The only place you can get wifi is in the hallway next to the ATM. Is it that hard to get a few routers and place them near the rooms?

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately we did have some of the wifi equipment out of order (which was sent in to get repaired) for a little bit. The part that was sent in did help distribute the signal throughout the hostel. I apologize for this inconvenience, and that the wifi in the common areas was insufficient. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Venice beaches and sunshine! Cheers, Sara

Stayed one night. The staff was friendly and the location is nice to explore Venice Beach. Overall a nice stay.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed your time at the hostel and Venice. Cheers and safe travels, Sara GM

internet never works

• 20th Feb 2015

Decent hostel, but it could do with a bit of a makeover... What annoyed me the most is the cold showers! By 10am, not hot water whatsoever.

Although this was an ok hostel I would not advise people because their wifi is so bad you can not call it wifi, they have a router but that's it you can not use it for anything. Therefor I think it is bad value for money because it is a ripoff if they not invest in a good internet connection for the traveler who has to plan a schedule everything online. It is 100 bucks per month to get good internet if they are not willing to do that it is bad customer service.

Thanks for the feedback. We do have several routers and portals. Unfortunately we did have some of the wifi equipment out of order for a little bit. The part that was sent in did help distribute the signal throughout the hostel. During your stay it was out getting repaired, our attempt to fix the issue as quickly as we could, for the benefit of our valued guests. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Cheers, Sara

We had a great time at Samesun. Courtney at the desk was super helpful. We recommend this one to everybody who wants to chill out at Venice Beach.

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear the our staff were able to help you. Looking forward to your return. Cheers, Sara General Manager

Great hostel! The hostel is clean and tidy. The staff are helpful and fun! I would recommend this hostel for someone looking for a good location in Venice beach.

Cheers for the feedback. It's always great to hear when a guest enjoys their time at the hostel and Venice. Safe travels! Sara General Manager

Will not find accommodation in Venice beach cheaper than this. stayed in a 4 bed dorm twice and both times had an amazing view of the beach and boardwalk. also if you skateboard the skate park is literally 100 metres away... highly recommended!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5