Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Hostel is great. I booked three more nights after my first three because it is so close to the beach and i hears hollywood and down town LA weren't really worth going. Wifi is not the best, couldn't connect to it in my own room. But i really liked my stay and people were awesome! I would really recommend the place

I had a perfectly awesome stay! Thank you so much.

Great staff and location opposite venice beach and close to buses for transport to downtown LA. Venice the area itself seems a little rough/scary but so are most parts of LA. Our private room with ensuite was good and clean :) free toast and oatmeal for breaky was perfect for busy days. Thanks to the awesome staff :)

• 4th Oct 2014

I thought this hostel was fantastic. I thought the value for money was second to none, especially given the prime location of the hostel. Iso impressed with the staff - one in particular who was incredibly helpful (i'm struggling to remember his name!!) but was working the shift at 10.30 pm on Thursday 2 October. I was so impressed with this hostel, I will recomment to all friends travelling through venice.

• 2nd Oct 2014

I absolutely loved my time at Samesun! The staff are super friendly and I felt right at home. The location could not be better, you're literally 20 steps from the beach. My first night was an ocean view room and the room was super clean. My only qualms were the wifi and the stairs, there are 2 flights up to the front desk, but overall a great hostel with great vibes!

Very well located hostel in Venice. 2 minutes from the beach. If you can, choose the 4 beds dorm en suite. They are bright and clean with a nice bathroom. The 8 beds dorm are way too hot, no A/C, just a fan.

• 1st Oct 2014

Unbeatable location, helpful staff, reasonable price. What else could you possibly want?

• 29th Sep 2014

The staff were all awesome and super friendly and you CANNOT beat the location!

• 27th Sep 2014

Had difficulty checking in. I am a CA resident and did not think I needed to bring a passport. The man at check in made the process very difficult. I explained that I was not made aware of this policy when checking in online. I felt unwelcome as he said the hostel was for travelers only. I brought two Australian travelers with me to stay as well, bringing extra business. If you don't want American travelers, say so.

• 26th Sep 2014

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the confusion, however, under 'Property Information" we do state that we will ask for a valid passport upon check in. We welcome all guests and this policy is not meant to make anyone feel unwelcome, but since we are an international backpackers we require all of our guests to be able to travel internationally. Again, I apologize if this was unclear, and will follow up with the staff to make sure the policies are addressed without causing difficulties.

Amazing location, right in the heart of Venice. Couldn't have asked for friendlier staff, everyone was tremendously helpful and welcoming. Definitely recommend staying at Samesun, it was a highlight of our trip!!!!

• 26th Sep 2014

Best hostel in West LA by far! Social atmosphere with a great range of activities offered, rooms are clean and secure, awesome staff, right next to Venice Beach. Close to a bunch of great bars, shops, and restaurants. Looking forward to my next visit with Samesun!

Cool vibe, great location. Value for money!!

• 24th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!!!

Stayed here at the start of my first trip to California, and it was definitely a good start. It had a party atmosphere, but still felt secure in a very lively area. Cleaned professionally every day. Lots of activities courtesy of Dominic, Director of Fun!

Awesome place!Make sure you go out with Dominic!He is sound!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Really enjoyed staying here. Great location right on Venice Beach, walking distance to the beach, skate park and basketball courts. Staff really friendly and helpful, very good free breakfast of oats, toast, coffee etc. Room i had was 212 and really hot and uncomfortable but otherwise ok. Showers not the best, at least on first floor, better upstairs. Cool common area to hang out in, i enjoyed the free comedy on Saturday night. Some rooms even have ocean views. Great times in Venice beach!!

Really glad I booked here. Amazing location, fun staff and great roommates!

• 17th Sep 2014

I had a great time at Samesun! The staff were super friendly and helpful. I was only there for one night, so I didn't participate in the activities but they offered one every day and they seemed awesome. The location was the absolute best, literally right on the beach.

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully next time you can stay longer and enjoy the activities. Cheers and safe travels, Sara General Manager

The location is so good for anyone travelling about wanting some sun and sea, and only a short walk to santa monica! Staff were friendly and helpful

stayed in a 4 shared room with baathroom, didn't have wifi acces in our room so had to go to the common room. breakfast was plain (bread and jam and cornflakes). it was a bit dusty in our room and the sheets had a few stains. the staff was nice and the view from the common room was great! could see the beach. so if you're willing to trade cleanliness and wifi with great location it's your place to stay.

Thank you for the feedback. We will follow up with the wifi range, as it should be available all throughout the building. There were a few days where the cable company was down which prevented internet access to our building. For future guests, our breakfast is toast, fruit, coffee, tea, and oatmeal. Please don't hesitate to let any of the staff know if there is an area that needs attention! Cheers and safe travels, Sara, General Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5