Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Really glad I booked here. Amazing location, fun staff and great roommates!

• 17th Sep 2014

I had a great time at Samesun! The staff were super friendly and helpful. I was only there for one night, so I didn't participate in the activities but they offered one every day and they seemed awesome. The location was the absolute best, literally right on the beach.

stayed in a 4 shared room with baathroom, didn't have wifi acces in our room so had to go to the common room. breakfast was plain (bread and jam and cornflakes). it was a bit dusty in our room and the sheets had a few stains. the staff was nice and the view from the common room was great! could see the beach. so if you're willing to trade cleanliness and wifi with great location it's your place to stay.

Lovely new sheets and mattresses. Friendly staff. I mentioned i didn't sleep well because of the heart wave and they juggled some things to put me in a cooler room. Went out on some of their activities and had a great time. Went for tacos with staff and backpackers, all very friendly. Even the cleaners were friendly and did a great job everyday. Thank you very much for a lovely stay. Another great samesun hostel.

Had to give this a full rating! Amazing view from my window and common area window. Awesome atmosphere in such a buzzing location there's always something to do. Would definitely stay again! Rooms were warm but it's California, can't really complain about amazing sunny weather at the beach!

What a hostel!! Right in the heart of Venice Beach. Super friendly staff that were happy to help with anything I asked! Lots of fun activities to get involved with around the city, or if you are feeling lazy the common room was a great place to meet new people and have a few drinks. Clean facilities and comfy beds, cannot wait to head back there!

Excellent location, just in front of the beach, good staff and good rooms. Good experience!

very friendly staff made for a very enjoyable stay

• 29th Aug 2014

Really didn't like this hostel. It was really unclean and dated. We stayed in a USA hostel before this and it was luxury compared to this one. The sheets were clean, that was about it. Towels were frayed and had holes in, the room had dust all around the corners. The bathrooms had mould in them and were not clean. No air conditioning and couldn't shut the window (there was a headache causing noise like when you keep one window open in the car). Also noisy. Not a pleasant stay at all!

Thank you for the feedback. We are staffed 24 hours a day to make sure all issues can be brought to our attention - cleanliness being one of them. We clean our hostel -rooms, bathrooms, common areas etc.. daily but please to don't hesitate to let us know of an area that needs our attention. Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of your time in Venice. Safe travels, Sara, General Manager

Nice place, close to the beach and all the random stuff that goes on around here. Very pleasant place to chill

Really nice location on Venice Beach. Great social atmosphere and really helpful staff.

The location is definitely the selling point for this hostel. I've stayed in lots of hostels & this has room for improvement. Dorm was like an oven, could hardly sleep it was so hot. Only two bathrooms (and no separate toilets) per floor so always waiting. Small kitchen and living area. No laundry facilities though I believe there are plans to put these in. Dorm was an ok size. No secure room for leaving luggage - the room where you leave bags is open for anyone in hostel to access.

very close to beach, good price, a lot homeless people in the night around

Not very good value for price. Run down facility. No air conditioning. Dirty bathrooms. Disappointing breakfast. Staff had no idea how to make coffee. Very disappointed.

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear that you that you were disappointed. We value each and every guest and are staffed 24 hours a day to make sure everything is in order - cleanliness being one of them. For future guest reading: our breakfast includes toast, drip coffee, tea, oatmeal and oranges. Hopefully you were still able to enjoy what Venice has to offer. Safe travels Sara, General Manager

although the room with bath was ok but to small for four Person. Also not nice the vending machine was in the stairwell and the heat of the Refrigerator was released to the stairwell what caused the stairwell to be hot.

Thank you for the feedback. To clarify, we do have our drink vending machine down the stairs near the entrance- accessible for departures and arrivals. We also have fans to help fight the Venice heat all throughout the hostel, the stairwell being one of them. Hopefully you spent more time on the beach than in the stairwell. Safe Travels Sara,

All very personable. Any needs were worked out right away

• 22nd Aug 2014

This place is great. If you can afford to stay here you must. Stay in Vegas after to balance out the cost per night! Right on the boardwalk and by food places. Neat kitchen in hostel. My room had a great view of the sea, maybe you can request this! 2 hour bus journey (or 30 min uber) from downtown LA, but worth it - LA is a dump. Be careful around the greyhound, get a bus or taxi to the Main Street in downtown. This walk was the only place to scare a 22 year old guy in 7 weeks of travel.

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and it was far better than I expected. It was very clean. The kitchen had everything I needed to prepare food. However, the lounge is fairly small for how many people they have staying there. But it's a small, older building, and I'm sure they did the best they could with the space they have.

• 10th Aug 2014

A brilliant location next to the Venice Boardwalk and the beach. Beautiful weather and great staff that helped me finding everything I need withing a 30 minute travel. They even arranged movie tickets at the AMC Dine-in theater which is a must see when you are around.

• 3rd Aug 2014

It is an expensive place for a hostel, but the location is excellent and the staf very friendly!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4