Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

1971 Total Reviews

Loved the staff! Great stay there :) would definitely come back The staff were so much fun and made you feel really at home. Especially on the group outing I went on, Dom made sure that everyone was all together and having fun and no one was left behind.

• 29th Jul 2015

There were so many small details that made me feel unwelcome. Too few utensils, places to eat, showers, toilets and outlets for the amount of guests. Small lockers, no clean water for drinking, worthless shower, dirty dishes and a lack of activities. The kitchen is tiny and poorly equipped. The cleaning personnel stole my towel and the ATM charges twice the fee of the ones on the street outside. Nothing was a deal breaker and the location is brilliant, but I will be looking elsewhere next time.

Perfect location and great atmosphere!

I always go back to the Samesun, it's the only place I'll stay when I'm in Venice! The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the neighbourhood is lively, vibrant, and very safe. It feels like a true community of people, and I feel right at home when I'm there. Can't wait to go back!

• 20th Jul 2015

Hostel was good but smelled slowly of wee in the hallways . We were also charged $20 dollars each for a shuttle to the airport but found out after our deposit we could get an uber for $10 and the guy on reception told us that it would be more expensive for a taxi , which was a lie . Hostel could do with air conditioning as is too hot at night an kitchen is too small , apart from that it was clean and we had a great time at Venice beach !

• 18th Jul 2015

The only drawback was that the WIFI was down for my hole stay...

This hostel was GREAT!!! Awesome Staff (shout out to Abby) Great atmosphere and Great Location. Can't wait to stay here again!!

• 18th Jul 2015

The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and I was LITERALLY steps away from the beach. Plus, we got pancakes for breakfast. What more do I need?

• 14th Jul 2015

was booked into room 314- dont know what the other rooms are like, but due to the only window opening up onto a closed-in light well, and the room fan being so ineffective it was impossible to sleep because it was so hot.

I only stayed two night wasn't enough! It's a great location, free wifi, free breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. I really liked staying here!

The hostel staff were great, and the vibe at the hostel was really nice with everybody at least saying hello as they passed or striking up a conversation in the common room. The location is awesome; just steps from Venice beach, and our room even had a view of the beach. Would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Jul 2015

It is near-impossible to encapsulate the experience of staying at Samesun Venice. There's just something about that place that makes for the most amazing times with friends new and old. Dominic, the activities coordinator ensures that everyone feels both welcome and constantly entertained - something that can be said of most/all if the staff. And the location, granted, does not get any better. I would recommend this place to anyone whether they are looking to be entertained or mere relaxation.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Samesun sits at the heart of the Venice community, located a stones throw from the beach. Upon arrival expect a warm welcome from the engaging and it has to be said entertaining staff. The rooms are what you would expect from a hostel, functional and when all is said its a place to put your head down. Great breakfasts to start the day are complimented enormously by the way the director of fun Dominic brings the guests together during the rest. Expect fun...laughs and a lot of new friends.

Location is perfect! I met some awesome people, staff are sweet. Breakfast was a good perk as well. Will stay here again.

• 9th Jul 2015

Excellent knowledge from staff on desk and very efficient

• 7th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Needs a chair and table in ensuite room. Tea and coffee would be nice if available in kitchen,.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Awesome location. Very satisfied with the cleanliness and room layout. I thought the nightlife activity could have been coordinated a little better, as we got to the bar and it kind of felt like a "You're on your own." But the guy taking us on the tour asked me to buy him a beer which I thought a bit unprofessional (it's one thing for me to want to buy you a drink). That's really the only thing I can pick out of this place and at the end of the day it's not that big a deal. Good stay.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Glad that you enjoyed the hostel and the amenities! I will follow up with the activities department to ensure that there is a group/community feel during the activity, as that is the point - to enjoy Venice with the guests from the hostel! Cheers and safe travels! Sara General Manager

We had a fantastic stay at Samesun. All the staff were great. They were friendly and very helpful. The location of Samesun is just the best! I would recommend it to anyone. Only small issue was that because of some renovations being underway the noise from the office travelled up to our room through the window but I'm sure that will be sorted soon enough. A unique experience for me as I've never stayed in a hostel before. Thanks heaps jan brown

• 2nd Jul 2015

My sister and I have both stayed in many hostels all over Europe & America, & this is by far the best! The location is the best & the atmosphere during the day is like no other!Rooms are cleaned daily & you feel safe and comfortable in them! The staff are the friendliest hostel staff I've ever met! Especially Jordan &the silver haired girl :D. I've stayed at the another hostel in Venice and also a hostel in SM, but this is by far the best!! In Fact we left our hostel in Hollywood just to come bk

• 2nd Jul 2015

Friendly and professional staff created a great environment and encouraged meeting other travelers. Great hostel security too with staffed reception 24hrs which only opens the door for guests with a roomkey. Facilities are out-dated however, showers are pretty bad but that is my only issue. Would definitely reccomend :)

Thank you for the feedback. We are currently in the process of updating the hostel - we have started with the private rooms and will soon be moving to the shared spaces and dorm rooms - new bedding, additional amenities and added items to the room to provide an updated service. Hopefully next time you are in Venice you'll be able to take advantage! Cheers and safe travels, Sara General Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6