Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

I had a wonderful time at SameSun Venice. The staff there is amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful , very good vibe. The rooms and common areas are very clean. The best thing about this Hostel is the location! Directly at the Boardwalk, Skatepark and the beach. They have great daily activities which is amazing, so much fun hiking and biking with new people everyday. Dominic- Director of fun : you rock! Thanks Samesun Venice for an amazing time.

• 19th Apr 2015

Hostel is located right in the heart of Venice beach. The staff are very accommodating, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. Free pancakes and toast in the morning is also a plus. However, if you choose not to go with an ensuite, the bathrooms are few and far between. Also, the showers barely work. You'll get a drizzle at best. It's also quite a distance from other parts of LA, and finding parking is brutal. All in all, it was not a bad place to rest after a long day.

Extremely rude and unoccomodating customer service: The blonde receptionist actually asked me if I was "capable of speaking" when she asked me a question and I did not immediately answer (I did not hear her right away and had already done what she was requesting me to do) she then sneered at us for the remainder of or stay. It made us uncomfortable just to walk past the front desk.

• 16th Apr 2015

Staff were excellent great location very secure and bathrooms/ensuites were pristine. Cant complain at all!

• 11th Apr 2015

Location is really good, and the common area is a great spot to socialize and meet people. Staff was good as well. It's a little on the pricey side but you pay for location.

The staff at this hostel really make the place! They all go above and beyond to create a fun and sociable atmosphere. Perfect place to stay if travelling by yourself!

Very good place to stay! Close to the beach and there are good restaurants and options to drink a beer and eat some food. I recommend!

I´ve rated this hostel lower, because after reading some very good reviews I had higher expectations. It´s not a good value for the money. After I moved from there, I rented something through airbnb , which was much cheaper, nicer and cleaner and the host was willing to help me more with info and everything.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Our desk staff are available 24 hours a day to help guests with whatever they need, whether it's directions, advice or any issues. Airbnb is a different product from hostels and it sounds like that option was more of what you were after, and I hope it allowed you to see our beautiful city. Cheers Pete

Very friendly staff. Perfect located and everythink so nearby! Was great thanks a lot!!!

Staff are great, fantastic atmosphere for those traveling, and really easy to meet people at this hostel. Its in a great location, was a fantastic stay.

Absolutely amazing hostel right on Venice Beach. The staff were awesome. Nic and Issiah were so cool. I wish I were them. Great atmosphere with friendly hostel mates.

The bread and butter of this hostel is really the location. It's excellent for a beach bum like me who just wants to lay out on the sand or go rollerblading all day. I was placed in a room with 3 staff members, all boys, but the bathroom was super clean and that's all I really need in life! It got a little noisy at night, but I guess that's the price you pay for the location. I look forward to coming back to this hostel any time I go back to Venice.

The location is lovely right on the beach but with location comes some security challenges at the front door as it is remote to the desk and is controlled via a camera which people can avoid by sneaking in behind guests. The bed was the hardest I've ever slept on. Staff was great.

• 18th Mar 2015

Very good location, just in front of Venice Beach. A bit expensive for what you get, but I guess it's the location. Breakfast was disappointing, fruits and spreads other than butter would have been nice.

Great location, great staf and easy to meet other guests on the hostel. Space could be better and sometimes noice from the commen area late night. This is the place to stay if you are going to Venice!

Brilliant stay at Samesun. The location was perfect for my relaxing stay at the coast. The room was clean and spacious with a gorgeous ocean view and the rest of the hostel was of a high standard with good security.

A nice hostel! I found it not particularly welcoming, but a great location at Venice beach!

I only stayed 24hrs and only slept there, as I was out and about. Great location, awesome! Couldn't be closer to everything. But I waited over an hour to check it which wasn't a great start for me. Ok if it takes that long, but I was told to sit and wait when I could have used that time out at the beach. I had a private room which made it expensive for what I gor, but that's understandable in the area. Needs more bathrooms for sure, waited for ages for a shower in the morning. Staff were ok.

Excelent place! Perfect location, would totally recommend it and I'm definitely staying here next time.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

It's a really good hostel with a great atmosphere. Especially if you're travelling alone you'll have a lot of people to connect with as there is a big common area where people gather. The free breakfast (Pancakes, Toasts, Oranges, & Coffee) has the very basics, but you wouldn't need more. The kitchen is well supplied and so you can also cook for yourself if you want to avoid the expensive but good Venice Beach fast food. You won't find a better deal when it comes to location+price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5