Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The staff at this hostel really make the place! They all go above and beyond to create a fun and sociable atmosphere. Perfect place to stay if travelling by yourself!

• 6th Apr 2015

Very good place to stay! Close to the beach and there are good restaurants and options to drink a beer and eat some food. I recommend!

I´ve rated this hostel lower, because after reading some very good reviews I had higher expectations. It´s not a good value for the money. After I moved from there, I rented something through airbnb , which was much cheaper, nicer and cleaner and the host was willing to help me more with info and everything.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Our desk staff are available 24 hours a day to help guests with whatever they need, whether it's directions, advice or any issues. Airbnb is a different product from hostels and it sounds like that option was more of what you were after, and I hope it allowed you to see our beautiful city. Cheers Pete

Very friendly staff. Perfect located and everythink so nearby! Was great thanks a lot!!!

Staff are great, fantastic atmosphere for those traveling, and really easy to meet people at this hostel. Its in a great location, was a fantastic stay.

Absolutely amazing hostel right on Venice Beach. The staff were awesome. Nic and Issiah were so cool. I wish I were them. Great atmosphere with friendly hostel mates.

The bread and butter of this hostel is really the location. It's excellent for a beach bum like me who just wants to lay out on the sand or go rollerblading all day. I was placed in a room with 3 staff members, all boys, but the bathroom was super clean and that's all I really need in life! It got a little noisy at night, but I guess that's the price you pay for the location. I look forward to coming back to this hostel any time I go back to Venice.

The location is lovely right on the beach but with location comes some security challenges at the front door as it is remote to the desk and is controlled via a camera which people can avoid by sneaking in behind guests. The bed was the hardest I've ever slept on. Staff was great.

• 18th Mar 2015

Very good location, just in front of Venice Beach. A bit expensive for what you get, but I guess it's the location. Breakfast was disappointing, fruits and spreads other than butter would have been nice.

Great location, great staf and easy to meet other guests on the hostel. Space could be better and sometimes noice from the commen area late night. This is the place to stay if you are going to Venice!

Brilliant stay at Samesun. The location was perfect for my relaxing stay at the coast. The room was clean and spacious with a gorgeous ocean view and the rest of the hostel was of a high standard with good security.

A nice hostel! I found it not particularly welcoming, but a great location at Venice beach!

I only stayed 24hrs and only slept there, as I was out and about. Great location, awesome! Couldn't be closer to everything. But I waited over an hour to check it which wasn't a great start for me. Ok if it takes that long, but I was told to sit and wait when I could have used that time out at the beach. I had a private room which made it expensive for what I gor, but that's understandable in the area. Needs more bathrooms for sure, waited for ages for a shower in the morning. Staff were ok.

Excelent place! Perfect location, would totally recommend it and I'm definitely staying here next time.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

It's a really good hostel with a great atmosphere. Especially if you're travelling alone you'll have a lot of people to connect with as there is a big common area where people gather. The free breakfast (Pancakes, Toasts, Oranges, & Coffee) has the very basics, but you wouldn't need more. The kitchen is well supplied and so you can also cook for yourself if you want to avoid the expensive but good Venice Beach fast food. You won't find a better deal when it comes to location+price.

If you are looking for the full Venice experience this is the place to go. With great staff and atmosphere there is no question you will feel welcome at this place! Get ready make friends, party until the break of dawn and see the most beautiful sunset of your life. Location is as central as it could come and you will be safely locket away in the hostel for it's security and 24 hour reception is always on guard. If you ask me this is the LA experience!

Seriously the best place! Great for anyone on their first time in la! Everyone is really friendly and it's accessible to so much, and the free brekkie is the goods.

• 8th Mar 2015

Was a friendly place, facilities were kept clean and great location. Staff werr great recommending and helping set up uber of cheap cabs and helped answer any other questions.

Arrived from a long international flight at 7:30 am and check in wasn't untill 3pm, but the manager was amazing and got us in early, even upgraded us to a private room.. Great location, helpful staff (except for the morning guy who pumps Kanye at 6:30am- that cray!!) clean, safe rooms. Perfect for what we were after

The only place you can get wifi is in the hallway next to the ATM. Is it that hard to get a few routers and place them near the rooms?

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately we did have some of the wifi equipment out of order (which was sent in to get repaired) for a little bit. The part that was sent in did help distribute the signal throughout the hostel. I apologize for this inconvenience, and that the wifi in the common areas was insufficient. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Venice beaches and sunshine! Cheers, Sara

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5