Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Great locatio, excellent staff

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I will never rent a hotel again!! The staff was warm and friendly just like the weather and my roommates ( I stayed at an all female room) were super dope. This place is right on the boardwalk just steps from the beach and the place is an excellent deal for the money

• 15th Nov 2014

Awesome Hostel. Great facilities and helpful staff. Could not have asked for a better location.

Great hostel in excellent location. Very helpful staff. Wifi reception was a little average. Bathroom facilities were great.

we extended stay for more 2 nights. All is here awsome. But I would expect in comfirmation email by you an important information that this hostel strictly requires PASSPORT!!!!

The staff are very helpful and cool. Location is awesome right on the beach. But in general it's very expensive for a hostel but I guess that's LA. Venice beach area seems to be more expensive than other parts of LA surprisingly even more so than Hollywood BLV.

Its all good. My travel was part business and part leisure the hostel fitted my needs nicely. ,

• 3rd Nov 2014

Best location to stay in LA. Venice is awesome. Hostel is good. Nothing special, but we had no problem there. Staff is nice, bathrooms are clean, and bedroom as well.

Perfect location for Venice Beach, right on boardwalk. Unfortunately no atmosphere at all, way too small common room, bathrooms very unclean, no one participating in activities. Shame!

Thanks for the feedback. Our location cannot be beat, that's for sure. We have daily and nightly activities that we offer - hiking, beach volleyball, to all you can eat taco nights, which gather a lot of participants. Maybe it was an off day or everyone was tired out from the activity the day before.. Hope you enjoyed your time in Venice! Cheers, Sara - General Manager

I can highly recommend the hostel. The people were great the staff helped us with everything and booked additionaly they booked a van for us. Really cool hostel next to the beach in the center of venice beach.

• 25th Oct 2014

I liked the hostel. I had the 4 bed dorm with a private bathroom. Beds were ok at bed but the place was cleaned daily. Bring you own pillow if you are fussy but apart from that this is a good hostel in a great location for the beach. They did clean the hostel everyday. The staff were friendly and helped whenever possible.

Hostel is great. I booked three more nights after my first three because it is so close to the beach and i hears hollywood and down town LA weren't really worth going. Wifi is not the best, couldn't connect to it in my own room. But i really liked my stay and people were awesome! I would really recommend the place

it was ok, nothing fancy.

I had a perfectly awesome stay! Thank you so much.

Great staff and location opposite venice beach and close to buses for transport to downtown LA. Venice the area itself seems a little rough/scary but so are most parts of LA. Our private room with ensuite was good and clean :) free toast and oatmeal for breaky was perfect for busy days. Thanks to the awesome staff :)

• 4th Oct 2014

Loved this hostel!

I thought this hostel was fantastic. I thought the value for money was second to none, especially given the prime location of the hostel. Iso impressed with the staff - one in particular who was incredibly helpful (i'm struggling to remember his name!!) but was working the shift at 10.30 pm on Thursday 2 October. I was so impressed with this hostel, I will recomment to all friends travelling through venice.

• 2nd Oct 2014

I absolutely loved my time at Samesun! The staff are super friendly and I felt right at home. The location could not be better, you're literally 20 steps from the beach. My first night was an ocean view room and the room was super clean. My only qualms were the wifi and the stairs, there are 2 flights up to the front desk, but overall a great hostel with great vibes!

Very well located hostel in Venice. 2 minutes from the beach. If you can, choose the 4 beds dorm en suite. They are bright and clean with a nice bathroom. The 8 beds dorm are way too hot, no A/C, just a fan.

• 1st Oct 2014

Unbeatable location, helpful staff, reasonable price. What else could you possibly want?

• 29th Sep 2014