Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The position is perfect, right on the beach.. The room was ok, unfortunately was extremely cold during the night. I also had my first shower during the morning and the water wasn't hot at all, while seems having in the evening it comes hot..

Average hostel especially at the price, only redeeming feature is the proximity to the beach

I had a wonderful time! It was great waking up to the sunrise with the surfers bobbing in the shore waiting for the waves (which averaged six feet high and sometimes tubed). The best part of my stay was the staff here; they are helpful knowledgeable, friendly, and really cared about my stay. They seem to be a mixture of Venice locals and foreign nationals. Clean room, great facilities, great vibe overall. I look forward to coming back soon. Highly highly recommended.

• 26th Jan 2016

Good hostel. The showers only had cool water, so I wouldn't recommend a long stay during the cold months for that reason. Although sufficed for my 2 night stay. Nice staff and really good breakfast! Bedding was also really comfortable.

I had a great stay at Samesun Venice Beach, again. It was my first time staying at this hostel and that's for a good reason. First of all the location is perfect! Right on the boardwalk , the famous Venice Skate Park is only 1 minute walking and the neighbourhood is lively and entertaining! What I love most about staying at SameSun is the amazing staff! Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. Me and my friends went on a few activities with Dom and Nick and had a great time.

After staying in their Vancouver location, I had expectations for this place - it did not live up. The staff were okay, nothing to rave about. There was no laundry. Most annoying of all was the lock on one of the bathrooms didn't work and i got walked in on TWICE while I the shower and i saw it happen to others. Also would've been nice if there was some surface to pit your stuff on in there. Location is good if you wanna get to the airport or Venice Boardwalk, but everything else is super far.

Thank you for the feedback. Don't forget to let one of our 24 hours staff know of an area that needs attention. We would have gladly fixed the lock asap! I appreciate you bringing it to our attention now. We do offer a drop off laundry service for $5, just ask the front desk for a laundry bag. Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

Great for people travelling with the intent of meeting people.

Very friendly staff and visitors

Great location, can't beat it. Staff was able to upgrade my room with no issues. Room was clean.

• 22nd Jan 2016

My fiance and I had a private room and were very impressed with the facilities. The bathrooms were clean and newish and we had a basin, TV and fan in our room, all extras I did not expect to have in a hostel. Great experience in a fantastic location. Staff were helpful, welcoming and friendly. Thanks!

• 20th Jan 2016

If you like beach side this is good place !! But the atmosphere was not as expected !!

Breakfast is awesome, location is awesome, staff are awesome, can't wait to come back!

The location can't be better, the breakfast is just good.

They were great :)

• 14th Jan 2016

The staff were great! Friendly, approachable! Right in the heart of Venice Beach and a bike ride away from Santa Monica, if that's what you want to do. Two buses from the airport and a short walk to the hostel.

• 13th Jan 2016

Had a great stay at this Hostel, in the absolute center of Venice Beach. The wi-fi is not good at all, but maybe that's a good thing? You have to actually talk to people face to face! The staff is helpful, and the check-in went pretty fast. Clean and nice room - definitely a place I would recommend to other people.

Personally, my stay here was fantastic. The staff were friendly and kind, the hostel was really clean, the people I met there were lovely, and the free breakfast was phenomenal. What a spread! Fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs, cinnamon raisin toast.. and most importantly heaps of free coffee and juice to jump-start your day. 10/10.. if I'm ever in need of a hostel in SoCal again, I'll definitely be back.

amazing location, right next to the beach. Very helpful staff - special thanks to Dominic. Free breakfast with pancakes, tost, oranges and eggs and juice. We really enjoyed staying at this hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Overpriced & dirty, one of the worst hostels I've been too. No idea how it has such a high rating. Stains on the carpet, white splotches on the headboard of the bed, strange smell, brown stains on the ceiling fan, short & uncomfortable bed, dusty...not a comfortable place to stay. Too make it worse, many of the rooms, including ours, had no window too the outside, only to a tiny indoor roofed courtyard (a few m2 in diameter). Few pros: location, decent breakfast, nice manager. Go somewhere else.

Sorry to hear about your stay with us. We have daily housekeeping to ensure the hostel is clean and well presented. Our carpets are cleaned monthly, however we are looking to upgrade the flooring to something more modern. As for the beds, they are standard size. We have, however, recently purchased new mattresses and should be arriving end of the month! Safe travels, Sara General Manager

Just thought the pink purple hair chick was a bit rude but other than that (& the awful bed I was sleeping on) the hostel is unreal. Dominic is awesome, breakfast is pretty sweet, location is absolute mint - right on the beach. Jays surf shop next door pretty much made me fall in love with a Cali boy, dopest guy ever & super cheap rentals. I'll be back for sure!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7