Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

2019 Total Reviews

Room was incrediblyincredibly warm and poorly ventilated, besides that thumbs up for everything.

Loved the staff! Great stay there :) would definitely come back The staff were so much fun and made you feel really at home. Especially on the group outing I went on, Dom made sure that everyone was all together and having fun and no one was left behind.

• 29th Jul 2015

There were so many small details that made me feel unwelcome. Too few utensils, places to eat, showers, toilets and outlets for the amount of guests. Small lockers, no clean water for drinking, worthless shower, dirty dishes and a lack of activities. The kitchen is tiny and poorly equipped. The cleaning personnel stole my towel and the ATM charges twice the fee of the ones on the street outside. Nothing was a deal breaker and the location is brilliant, but I will be looking elsewhere next time.

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you liked the location. Sorry to hear about these details - additional utensil will be ordered, as well as a re-stock of other items. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. In terms of the other issues addressed - we are actually cheaper than the other ATMs located outside. To clarify to those reading we have daily and nightly activities. Hopefully you enjoyed your time in Venice. Cheers and safe travels, Sara GM

Very good location and breakfast.common area is too small.

Very nice stay

Samesun Venice Beach was a great place to stay, typical dorm rooms but cleaned thoroughly everyday. staff were very accommodating and friendly. the other hostel patrons were great

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great vibe, great locations and awesome staff (thanks Nic)

• 23rd Jul 2015

Perfect location and great atmosphere!

I always go back to the Samesun, it's the only place I'll stay when I'm in Venice! The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the neighbourhood is lively, vibrant, and very safe. It feels like a true community of people, and I feel right at home when I'm there. Can't wait to go back!

• 20th Jul 2015

I was unlucky to get a room without a window and it was unbearably hot in there. We could not sleep at night:-( despite the fan in the room. Even if the night was cooler, the temperature in the room did not change. Excellent location. Very helpful staff.

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the location and the staff were helpful during your stay. We do have ocean facing rooms - a few dollars more given the view and the attached bathroom. Hopefully next time you are in Venice we can accommodate you in one of those room types. Cheers and safe travels, Sara GM

Great set up but major problem with heat in the room and no Air Con.

• 18th Jul 2015

Hostel was good but smelled slowly of wee in the hallways . We were also charged $20 dollars each for a shuttle to the airport but found out after our deposit we could get an uber for $10 and the guy on reception told us that it would be more expensive for a taxi , which was a lie . Hostel could do with air conditioning as is too hot at night an kitchen is too small , apart from that it was clean and we had a great time at Venice beach !

• 18th Jul 2015

Thank you for the feedback. There are several factors in determining which way we suggest getting to the airport - the amount of people, the amount of luggage and time of flight. Depending on the answer, we could recommend either of the three (and different) options. An uber, a taxi and the shuttle all fall in the $15-$25 range. Sorry if this was not communicated to you as well as it could have been. Cheers and safe travels, Sara GM

The only drawback was that the WIFI was down for my hole stay...

This hostel was GREAT!!! Awesome Staff (shout out to Abby) Great atmosphere and Great Location. Can't wait to stay here again!!

• 18th Jul 2015

Bad bad ... No rooms available even though we booked, staff were too busy to talk to us

The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and I was LITERALLY steps away from the beach. Plus, we got pancakes for breakfast. What more do I need?

• 14th Jul 2015

was booked into room 314- dont know what the other rooms are like, but due to the only window opening up onto a closed-in light well, and the room fan being so ineffective it was impossible to sleep because it was so hot.

I only stayed two night wasn't enough! It's a great location, free wifi, free breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. I really liked staying here!

The hostel staff were great, and the vibe at the hostel was really nice with everybody at least saying hello as they passed or striking up a conversation in the common room. The location is awesome; just steps from Venice beach, and our room even had a view of the beach. Would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Jul 2015

It is near-impossible to encapsulate the experience of staying at Samesun Venice. There's just something about that place that makes for the most amazing times with friends new and old. Dominic, the activities coordinator ensures that everyone feels both welcome and constantly entertained - something that can be said of most/all if the staff. And the location, granted, does not get any better. I would recommend this place to anyone whether they are looking to be entertained or mere relaxation.

• 12th Jul 2015