Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The staff were all awesome and super friendly and you CANNOT beat the location!

• 27th Sep 2014

Had difficulty checking in. I am a CA resident and did not think I needed to bring a passport. The man at check in made the process very difficult. I explained that I was not made aware of this policy when checking in online. I felt unwelcome as he said the hostel was for travelers only. I brought two Australian travelers with me to stay as well, bringing extra business. If you don't want American travelers, say so.

• 26th Sep 2014

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the confusion, however, under 'Property Information" we do state that we will ask for a valid passport upon check in. We welcome all guests and this policy is not meant to make anyone feel unwelcome, but since we are an international backpackers we require all of our guests to be able to travel internationally. Again, I apologize if this was unclear, and will follow up with the staff to make sure the policies are addressed without causing difficulties.

Amazing location, right in the heart of Venice. Couldn't have asked for friendlier staff, everyone was tremendously helpful and welcoming. Definitely recommend staying at Samesun, it was a highlight of our trip!!!!

• 26th Sep 2014

Best hostel in West LA by far! Social atmosphere with a great range of activities offered, rooms are clean and secure, awesome staff, right next to Venice Beach. Close to a bunch of great bars, shops, and restaurants. Looking forward to my next visit with Samesun!

Cool vibe, great location. Value for money!!

• 24th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!!!

Stayed here at the start of my first trip to California, and it was definitely a good start. It had a party atmosphere, but still felt secure in a very lively area. Cleaned professionally every day. Lots of activities courtesy of Dominic, Director of Fun!

Awesome place!Make sure you go out with Dominic!He is sound!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Really enjoyed staying here. Great location right on Venice Beach, walking distance to the beach, skate park and basketball courts. Staff really friendly and helpful, very good free breakfast of oats, toast, coffee etc. Room i had was 212 and really hot and uncomfortable but otherwise ok. Showers not the best, at least on first floor, better upstairs. Cool common area to hang out in, i enjoyed the free comedy on Saturday night. Some rooms even have ocean views. Great times in Venice beach!!

Really glad I booked here. Amazing location, fun staff and great roommates!

• 17th Sep 2014

I had a great time at Samesun! The staff were super friendly and helpful. I was only there for one night, so I didn't participate in the activities but they offered one every day and they seemed awesome. The location was the absolute best, literally right on the beach.

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully next time you can stay longer and enjoy the activities. Cheers and safe travels, Sara General Manager

The location is so good for anyone travelling about wanting some sun and sea, and only a short walk to santa monica! Staff were friendly and helpful

stayed in a 4 shared room with baathroom, didn't have wifi acces in our room so had to go to the common room. breakfast was plain (bread and jam and cornflakes). it was a bit dusty in our room and the sheets had a few stains. the staff was nice and the view from the common room was great! could see the beach. so if you're willing to trade cleanliness and wifi with great location it's your place to stay.

Thank you for the feedback. We will follow up with the wifi range, as it should be available all throughout the building. There were a few days where the cable company was down which prevented internet access to our building. For future guests, our breakfast is toast, fruit, coffee, tea, and oatmeal. Please don't hesitate to let any of the staff know if there is an area that needs attention! Cheers and safe travels, Sara, General Manager

The location is very good, and it is just in the beach side where you can see the beach from the window of the room I stayed. I can walk to the beach in 1 minute too. However, there is no air-conditioner in the hostel. The breakfast is OK where you can make toasts.

Lovely new sheets and mattresses. Friendly staff. I mentioned i didn't sleep well because of the heart wave and they juggled some things to put me in a cooler room. Went out on some of their activities and had a great time. Went for tacos with staff and backpackers, all very friendly. Even the cleaners were friendly and did a great job everyday. Thank you very much for a lovely stay. Another great samesun hostel.

Thanks for the feedback. It's great to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs and requests. Glad you enjoyed your time at the hostel and Venice. $5 all you can eat taco night at Nikki's is a fun activity and it's awesome you participated. Cheers and safe travels, Sara General Manager

Had to give this a full rating! Amazing view from my window and common area window. Awesome atmosphere in such a buzzing location there's always something to do. Would definitely stay again! Rooms were warm but it's California, can't really complain about amazing sunny weather at the beach!

very pricy for a hostel. very basic interior but good atmosphere and location. would recommend for young people/groups.

A better breakfast selection including even cereals would enhance this hostel experience for many

• 11th Sep 2014

What a hostel!! Right in the heart of Venice Beach. Super friendly staff that were happy to help with anything I asked! Lots of fun activities to get involved with around the city, or if you are feeling lazy the common room was a great place to meet new people and have a few drinks. Clean facilities and comfy beds, cannot wait to head back there!

I loved my staying here. It is very close to the beach and the peope were very friendly there, they helped me so much. I would come back here again.

• 6th Sep 2014