Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Amazing location right on Venice Beach. I was only there for 2 nights so didn't participate in any of the hostel activities but the staff seemed very helpful. My only complaint is there are a few basic maintenance issues that need attending too. For example, the light in our bathroom was blown for my entire stay, which made it difficult to go the bathroom at night.

Stayed here for less than 24 hours, so I can't say much, but the location is perfect! As a girl traveling alone, I was reluctant to walk around at night, so it's a good thing Danny's is right downstairs for food/drinks. I had an early flight to catch, so I went to check out the lounge instead of sleeping - I wasn't that impressed. Just a couple of dudes on couches staring at their phones. I talked to one guy for a bit, but overall it was a bit boring compared to other hostels. Off night maybe?

Had a great stay here for our time in LA. Brilliant staff, always welcoming and helpful. Wish I knew the names of specific people to give credit where due. Great location right by the beach with appropriate security measures. Breakfast is included but is simple and goes quickly so would recommend going down early. Would recommend!

Staff were excellent. Very friendly, helpful and always welcoming. Facilities were good. Electric bobs you could use to cook if you wanted to save your money. Free breakfast of toast and porridge however milk was not provided. The lounge area would have been great if it was bigger and more for relaxing rather than drinking in the evening. Rooms were very hot and stuffy however clean. Air con would have been great in the room or an external window to allow a breeze into the room.

• 26th May 2014
  • Wales

Thanks for the feedback. The rooms without Ocean View do lack the ocean breeze, which coming into summer can be felt. We are looking at alternative options to help with the summer heat. Cheers and safe travels. -Sara, General Manager

Good hostel, an excellent location right on Venice Beach, bike/skate/surf hire right next to the hostel at a good price, good atmosphere. Only gripes are: not enough toilets and I was put in a dorm room with no ventilation and a fan that just pushed around the hot smelly air. Overall though I would definitely recommend!

One staff member was fab, helpful and friendly. Another staff member was exact opposite hence average score on staff. I booked samesun venice beach as stayed at vancouver which is fab. This place nothing in comparison. The breakfast was dire.

Thank you for the feedback. For future guests, breakfast is toast, fruit, coffee, tea and oatmeal. Customer service is very important to us, please expect a direct message so the situation can be discussed more in depth and addressed. Cheers and safe travels -Sara, General Manager

Perfect Location and clean.

• 19th May 2014

Very helpful staff, very clean and safe. Great location.

Beautiful location, friendly staff . Lots of sun and fun.

Sweet place right next to beach and good tours and met loads of cool people there

Fantastic location and the staff were all really friendly! Good atmosphere as well. But for what it was, I thought it was really expensive. Definitely would recommend if you have a flight from LAX and want to stay reasonably close by.

Great location and a fair price for the area. Common room is too small and hard to meet people. Rooms are clean and tidy but power sockets should be available at each bed, not just the bottom bunks. Rooms get far too hot and there is no cooling system installed; each room should have its own fan at a minimum; we shouldn't have to bother reception with this minimal request. Key system is very outdated; nothing worse than bringing keys out to a pub/club or beach. Key-cards fit easy in the wallet!!

Expensive but worth it for a couple of days .... Location is the best in the area hands down ..... Friendly and extremely helpful staff Everything you need is close Clean

They definTely need more showers. Or just a basic toilette so if the showers are taken I can atleast go to the toilette

best hostel ever. on the beach. nice stuff

Hostel really close to the Venice Beach, which is a famous place. But I prefer beaches like Santa Monica. For those who like Venice beach is great place, small but tidy rooms, shared bathrooms clean most of the time, only 2 per floor, but I always found one free when I needed! Very attentive staff.

Staff was really unfriendly and didn't want to help us! We got a damn 100$-ticket for parking in the red zone. We don't know anything about a "red zone" in europe so the staff should have told us about it when they gave us the instructions where we should park!!

Amazing location, you can't get any closer to Venice Beach than Samsun. Great staff as well, super friendly and helpful. Security is incredible as you have to ring the door bell and show your key to enter. As for the hostel itself basic basic accommodation. Showers were horrendous, didn't have a hot shower once and were never cleaned. Room stunk of weed for obvious reasons, fine with that, but no circulation apart from a small window.

Fantastic location! Right in the middle of everything and across from beach. Bathrooms could use an update and and also better ventilation in the dorms as it gets quite hot and stuffy. Lots of different group activities each night but I stayed there to tour Venice not go into Hollywood in a Limo, so a simple pub crawl through Venice would have been good.

Thanks for the feedback. Friday night we promote the Hollywood limo tour which does take place outside of Venice, but our other days included Karaoke, live comedy, happy hours, taco tuesdays- all at local venues. Cheers and safe travel. Sara, General Manager

Overall did not have a pleasant stay. the rooms in bedding were unpleasant as well as some of the staff.

• 11th Apr 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that your overall stay was unpleasant. I believe you are referring to an issue we addressed with our security policies. No outside/unregistered guests are allowed in the hostel. I apologize that this policy affected your stay with us, however it is in place for the safety and security for our guests. All the best in your future travels. -Sara, General Manager