Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California, USA

Hostel was in an ideal location and the staff/atmosphere were really good

• 30th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! Venice Beach is an amazing location and we are very grateful that our guests enjoy our hostel's location and staff. Cheers and Safe travels. Sara General Manager

Awesome place with perfect location right next to all you need, very clean and quiet in the night. The good atmosphere was stunning, never experienced that in any other hostel than one of the Samesun's yet :) Way better service than what other hostels provide for this amount of money -> Value for Money: Excellent I would definately recommend it to my friends.

Thanks for the great feedback. It's always a pleasure to hear that Samesun helped enhance your travel experience. Beach, sun, Venice Boardwalk and great hostel make for a perfect vacation. Cheers and safe travels!! Sara General Manager

I'd loved it! Great location and an intimint atmosphere. I really wanna go back!

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Norway

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to having you stay with us again!! Cheers and safe travels Sara -General Manager

You can't beat this place! Literally steps away from the boardwalk and the beach:) The hostel was great, the staff were very helpful and you're just steps from the entertainment of the Venice Beach boardwalk. Next time I'm in Cali, I'm staying here for sure!

Thanks so much for the feedback. Looking forward to seeing you next time you're in California. Cheers, -Abby, Assistant Manager.

I stayed in a 4 bed room and thought it was good. Nice kitchen and good staff. Just needed more atmosphere as there's only a small living space. However the huge upside is the location, right in the middle of all the action on Venice beach, lots of things to check out. I highly recommend hiring a skateboard or a bike and cruising down ocean ave to Santa Monica to check out the the pier, or watching local skaters tearing it up at the skate park. I would go back again :)

• 9th Jan 2014

thanks for the feedback! Next time you are here make sure you rent from Jay's Rentals and say you are staying with us. They will give you a 10% discount on rentals. Safe Travels. -Sara, General Manager

I didnt have a very good experience in general. Me and my other 3 friends were having our own room. Basically the shower was horrible, really cold, we rented towels (paid 2USD each) and they were sooo stinky, also the sheets were smelling really bad. There was this turkish guy in charge of organizing the Limo Party, and he was sooooo rude all the time. He left my friends at the first club and they had to go walking to the next one. He was also never really friendly at us.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Our sheets and towels are cleaned professionally, so a follow up will be done on our end. Unfortunately we had some maintenance done to our water heater, which affected the temperature. I will contact you directly to follow up about the limo outing, as we want to make sure that our guests have a positive experience with the activities offered. -Sara, General Manager

There needs to be another bathroom or 2, or even just a few extra toilets separate from the showers. The main downfall is that it is quite some distance from downtown LA or Beverly Hills, however there are buses which are $1.50 to get into town. They organise activities and take you out if you want to go.

• 1st Jan 2014

Great spot. Staff hooked me up when I really needed. Kinda sketchy wifi and cold showers and really thin blanket provided though. Other guests a bit lame but not really hostels fault.

Thank you for your feedback. We had an issues with the water heater, which required emergency maintenance. We worked as quickly as possible to fix the situation. We do apologize that you were affected by this. It's great to hear that the staff helped you out when needed! Sara, General Manager

Pretty good hostel, the area is a little dodgy at night but great by day. Only thing missing I would say would've been a computer in the common area.

• 30th Dec 2013

Great location..100 feet from Venice Beach. My room shower was a little weak but the hall one was fine. Nice and clean. Would recommend.

A great hostel to meet people, with a good range of organised activities, pub crawls, etc. Rooms were clean although we believe one of our party fell victim to bed bugs… However would still go back (with caution) as it's an awesome social hostel and in a great location right on Venice Boardwalk.

Thank you for the feedback, as well as letting the staff know immediately of this potential problem. We have a standard and thorough protocol regarding situations like these, as we do not want to take any chances. The staff attended to this quickly to prevent any further threat. Safe travels. Sara, General Manager

Good hostel, but it takes over an hour by bus to get to Hollywood Boulevard. Great location if you want to be close to the beach.

There are several shuttle companies that can help with getting you from place to place, within Los Angeles. Hostel Hopper is a great and affordable way to get from Hollywood to Venice. Safe travels. Sara, General Manager.

This is a nice chilled out hostel. I stayed here twice. Mainly to see the chicks rollerskating in bikinis on the boardwalk. Probably best to come in the spring/summer as the beach will be busier and the hostel rooms can get a bit cold. But lots to see on the beach and boardwalk or walk along the beach to Santa Monica. There is breakfast if you get up before 9am! Or you can buy some Cherios from a local shop like I did. Area is a bit ghettoy at night but mostly harmless.

Great, friendly and supportive staff!

it is a very amazing place.. the staff is more than great, always ready to help:-) I arrive 5 hours before chech in and i didn t need to wait because they give me the room.. i just didn t like the people that were in my room:-(

A bit of a hotel/hostel setup - common areas arent great so the atmosphere is a little lacking. Great staff though

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We run nightly activities so our guests can check out the awesome local nightlife while getting to know their fellow backpackers. Cheers, Trish Samesun Venice Manager

Really enjoyed my stay! Great location on the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful, plus we got upgraded for free! Good atmosphere and free breakfast is always a plus!

• 20th Nov 2013

Glad the staff were able to answer your questions and help you out. safe travels!!

This is a great place to stay while in vience beach :) grab a bike from the rental dude out the front and go riding up and down the bike path , had a blast there :)

Riding along the beach is one of the top picks to do when in Venice, especially at sunset. The colours in the sky are unbeatable! Glad you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels.

Such an amazing hostel! I have stayed in all the Samesun hostels and they are all fantastic. The location of this one is unbeatable. The staff are super friendly and helpful, Sara and Abby were awesome! There is great security, the bathrooms are spacious and always clean, rooms are big with great views and the free breakfast is always a plus! I would definitely stay here again!

Thanks! You said it best, you can't beat our location. Glad that we were able to make your stay in LA an awesome vacation. Safe travels.

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hostel and it was absolutely awesome. First off the hostel is located in a prime location (2 mins to the beach). Someone was on the desk 24 hrs which made us feel safe. The staff themselves were very helpful with all of our questions. Abby I think was the one girl on the desks name (she wore a beanie) told us of a great bar to watch football. Sara who I meet in the bar downstairs (had no clue she worked at the hostel) was a riot to drink with.

It's great to hear that the staff were available to help with your questions! A lot of our crew frequent Danny's Deli downstairs, with their great happy hour. Not surprised you bumped into a few staff. Safe travels!