Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

1930 Total Reviews

My trip previous to this one was in 2008, when the place was the "Venice Beach (C)otel". Love this hostel so much. Great times and memories. Happy to see that the place is only getting better, with vibe strong and logistics pretty effective. Bravo to the staff and management. If you want a great, happy place to stay in Venice Beach, this is the one.

I loved my stay here! Such a great location and the staff were very friendly. There are also lots of awesome places to eat and drink within a few steps. Highly recommended.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Compared to a lot of other hostels it was very clean and modern. You feel safe as the staff makes sure nobody that is not a hostel guest gets in. The stairs are a minus because with a lot of luggage its pretty painful. Staff was friendly, didn't show me around though. All in all, I enjoyed my stay even if I still think that 48$ a night is quite a lot. Breakfast was okay - very simple. Location is top - right at the beach.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you for the feedback. For those reading our breakfast is toast, fruit, coffee, tea and pancakes. Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

I had a wonderful time at SameSun Venice. The staff there is amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful , very good vibe. The rooms and common areas are very clean. The best thing about this Hostel is the location! Directly at the Boardwalk, Skatepark and the beach. They have great daily activities which is amazing, so much fun hiking and biking with new people everyday. Dominic- Director of fun : you rock! Thanks Samesun Venice for an amazing time.

• 19th Apr 2015

Hostel is located right in the heart of Venice beach. The staff are very accommodating, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. Free pancakes and toast in the morning is also a plus. However, if you choose not to go with an ensuite, the bathrooms are few and far between. Also, the showers barely work. You'll get a drizzle at best. It's also quite a distance from other parts of LA, and finding parking is brutal. All in all, it was not a bad place to rest after a long day.

Thank you for the feedback. We are looking at a solution for the water in our heritage building. Venice is a little distance from Hollywood and Downtown, but hopefully the closeness to the beach makes up for it! Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

The most disappointing thing about this hostel was the public bathrooms. The showers were pathetic. Out of the 4 showers, 2 had absolutely no water pressure in that only drops were coming out of the shower head making it impossible to shower. The other 2 showers were only marginally better. There was enough water coming out of the shower head in order to get clean but they weren't respectable in any sense of the word.

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Currently we are looking for a solution to better the water situation in our heritage building. Hopefully next time you are in Venice you will be able to take advantage of the new pump and tank we will be installing shortly. Cheers and safe travels. Sara, General Manager

Extremely rude and unoccomodating customer service: The blonde receptionist actually asked me if I was "capable of speaking" when she asked me a question and I did not immediately answer (I did not hear her right away and had already done what she was requesting me to do) she then sneered at us for the remainder of or stay. It made us uncomfortable just to walk past the front desk.

• 16th Apr 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Customer service is very important to us and we will be contacting you directly to follow up with this incident. Hopefully you enjoyed your time in Venice. Cheers and safe travels! Sara, General Manager

My stay at the samesun Venice beach was amazing! The hostel location simply couldn't get any better. With ocean views from the room I was in I felt totally relaxed. The hostel staff are by far the best I have met anywhere on my travels; they are professional and courteous, and they make sure you feel at home. I travel to L.A. Plenty and will be sure to stay here again, and again !

Staff were excellent great location very secure and bathrooms/ensuites were pristine. Cant complain at all!

Location is really good, and the common area is a great spot to socialize and meet people. Staff was good as well. It's a little on the pricey side but you pay for location.

The location is absolutely perfect if you are looking to stay at Venice Beach. Honestly, the location is about all this hostel has going for it. The facilities were not clean. Our room smelt as we were situated near a bathroom. Also, the internet doesn't work outside of communal areas.

The staff at this hostel really make the place! They all go above and beyond to create a fun and sociable atmosphere. Perfect place to stay if travelling by yourself!

Very good place to stay! Close to the beach and there are good restaurants and options to drink a beer and eat some food. I recommend!

I´ve rated this hostel lower, because after reading some very good reviews I had higher expectations. It´s not a good value for the money. After I moved from there, I rented something through airbnb , which was much cheaper, nicer and cleaner and the host was willing to help me more with info and everything.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Our desk staff are available 24 hours a day to help guests with whatever they need, whether it's directions, advice or any issues. Airbnb is a different product from hostels and it sounds like that option was more of what you were after, and I hope it allowed you to see our beautiful city. Cheers Pete

Very friendly staff. Perfect located and everythink so nearby! Was great thanks a lot!!!

Staff are great, fantastic atmosphere for those traveling, and really easy to meet people at this hostel. Its in a great location, was a fantastic stay.

Absolutely amazing hostel right on Venice Beach. The staff were awesome. Nic and Issiah were so cool. I wish I were them. Great atmosphere with friendly hostel mates.

The bread and butter of this hostel is really the location. It's excellent for a beach bum like me who just wants to lay out on the sand or go rollerblading all day. I was placed in a room with 3 staff members, all boys, but the bathroom was super clean and that's all I really need in life! It got a little noisy at night, but I guess that's the price you pay for the location. I look forward to coming back to this hostel any time I go back to Venice.

The location is lovely right on the beach but with location comes some security challenges at the front door as it is remote to the desk and is controlled via a camera which people can avoid by sneaking in behind guests. The bed was the hardest I've ever slept on. Staff was great.

• 18th Mar 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Each guest must show a room key and provide their name when they come into the building, for security reasons. This is to ensure that only registered guests are in the hostel. It is remotely controlled, however, the only way into the building is past the front desk - so no sneaking by! Cheers and safe travels. Cheers, Sara

Very good location, just in front of Venice Beach. A bit expensive for what you get, but I guess it's the location. Breakfast was disappointing, fruits and spreads other than butter would have been nice.

Thank you for the feedback. For those reading our breakfast is toast,(jam, butter, honey) fruit, coffee, tea and pancakes with syrup. Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager