Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The location on venice beach is brilliant. I had a room at the back so it was quiet but dark, which was good as I needed sleep. So much gping on in Venice beach, you may as well spend time out there. Staff very friendly.

I only stayed one night, but it was a pretty good hostel overall. The room and bathroom were clean and the staff were friendly. There wasn't as much going on the night I was there, but the people were certainly chill enough. You can't beat the location though with beautiful beach views.

Bit pricey for a hostel (maybe that's just LA). We stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. Bed really comfy compared to other hostels. Shower not very hot. Free pancakes

Best place, best people working there, good vibes!

Amazing Location, Free parking all around the area very easy to find. Very friendly staff, 100%

Had a great time here, great place to meet people if you are solo, staff are also great, will stay there again if back in Venice

This place was home, and staff was my family during my stay here! The views are incredible, friendly guests and the most warm and welcoming staff ever!! Keep up the great work and thank you to everyone who made my stay unforgettable! Special thanks to Sara for always going the extra mile! Will miss this place!

• 7th Jan 2015

Awesome location right on Venice beach. Clean bathrooms. Friendly, useful staff. I would stay again in an instant! Thanks

Great staff, great beach front location. Highly recommend.

• 7th Jan 2015

Great reception and info from the people working there. Very helpful friendly people. WIth great background music haha

• 6th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Perfect location if you want to go to the beach! And the beach is the best part of LA. Ensuite bathroom is pretty handy! Great staff! Nick, thank you! You're awesome!

Great spot, Pretty expensive as far as hostels go Had to book room three times to stay with friend Staff friendly

I'd suggest the Banana Hostel. It's in a much more centric location, much better priced, and much cleaner. This hostel was unclean, didn't have lockers, and had sub-par desk service.

• 4th Jan 2015

Thank you for the feedback. We have daily housekeeping to make sure the hostel is up to standards. If there is anything that needs extra attention, please don't hesitate to let one of 24 hours staff know. As for location, beachfront isn't for everyone. For those who are reading the review, we have lockers in every room so please disregard the statement about no lockers! We also have a safe at the front desk that is accessible 24 hours a day. Cheers and safe travels, Sara

An alright place to stay - good location on Venice Beach, friendly staff and variable atmosphere. My only complaints are of no hot water showers.

You're one of my best experiences in a hostel. Best location ever, best staff ever, and friendliest environment. You guys rock.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Spain

the Location of the hostel directly at the beach is nice. However, there are a lot of homeless people there and the entire area doesn´t look very safe. the hostel itself is average. The rooms are okay. In the bathrooms there often was no warm water, which can get really frustrating after some time.breakfast was included in the price, but wasn´t good at all. Especially because of the location of the hostel in such a sketchy area, I wouldn´t stay there aga

Thank you for your feedback. Venice is a very unique and eclectic community.. We are staffed 24 hours and have security measures to help offset the unfamiliarity of the neighborhood to our guests. Hopefully you were able to enjoy our nightly guided activities. For those reading breakfast consists of toast, fruit, coffee, tea and pancakes. Cheers, Sara -General Manager

The hostel is really near to the beach so if you are coming to LA to enjoy the sea this is the perfect place. It is also possible to go to Santa Monica walking. The beds are good and the place is ok, I really liked it and enjoyed the location. The only problem is for going to downtown without a car, it is very very very far and for every place(like Beverly Hills, Hollywood, museums, etc) that I went I had to take around 2 hours in buses to go and more 2 hours to return to the hostel.

Jordan at samesun venice deserves special mention. He was very friendly and was my favourite staff member.

Terrific staff, I had a great time talking with everyone and they were informed regarding the locale.

• 21st Dec 2014

I had not really good experience when I was there, because the roommate brought a guy back in our female room. It made me really uncomfortable.