Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

This was my first time staying in a hostel, and it was far better than I expected. It was very clean. The kitchen had everything I needed to prepare food. However, the lounge is fairly small for how many people they have staying there. But it's a small, older building, and I'm sure they did the best they could with the space they have.

• 10th Aug 2014

A brilliant location next to the Venice Boardwalk and the beach. Beautiful weather and great staff that helped me finding everything I need withing a 30 minute travel. They even arranged movie tickets at the AMC Dine-in theater which is a must see when you are around.

• 3rd Aug 2014

It is an expensive place for a hostel, but the location is excellent and the staf very friendly!!

GREAT location steps away from the beach. The bathrooms were super clean and it was easy to get in and out during the day. A little loud outside during the day, but plenty quiet at night.

• 27th Jul 2014

We booked a mixed 4 bedroom shared bathroom for one night during July. There was one small window which opened to the center of the entire building, with no airflow. Air conditioning was not included throughout the entire establishment.

• 24th Jul 2014

Thank you for your feedback. With the summer months, Venice does get quite hot. We do rely on the ocean breeze and the fans to cool down the hostel-- we are a heritage building which means certain amenities aren't possible, like air conditioning. We are staffed 24 hours a day to attend to any issue and help where we can- this means providing additional fans when able. Cheers and safe travels!

Had a very enjoyable night stay at Samesun. Staff are friendly, Facilities are good and a nice backpacker atmosphere. This place is 100x better than Venice Beach Hostel so if you are trying to make a decision between the 2.. Choose Samesun!

The room was really clean and spacious. .breakfast was really good. .it is the best on Venice Beach

Wonderful hostel - have stayed there twice now and would stay there again! Definitely better off booking the earlier the cheaper. Only downfall is the closest laundry is a 20 minute walk away.

I stayed at this hostel for just 1 night, and would have loved to stay another night. Its in the best location and the staff are great. The rooms are very clean and spacious, but it is quite expensive for a hostel.

Good value for money. Really Nice staf and really close to the beach! Rooms are good and clean!

Great place close to the beach. Very clean, great wifi, helpful staff. Only problem was there were only two bathrooms on each floor causing a lot of waiting to use them.

Great place in Venice. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere in the hostal Is great.

I stayed just one night. But I had a wonderful day there. The facility was so clean and bed or blanket was so nice. If i happen to visit LA again I will stay here too!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Great location and staff. People keep quiet at nights. Comfty. Downside: loud ventilator in my shared room.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Decent hostel. Atmosphere is average. There is no parking for hostel guest though, so if you have a car, I would not recommend staying here. You will have to find street parking, which sucks at Venice.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Thank you for the feedback. You are correct that we do not have a parking lot associated with the hostel. When you arrive, we have a handy parking map which helps you find paid street parking, paid valet parking or free street parking - all within a few blocks of the hostel. Cheers, Sara, General Manager

Loved my time here. Perfect location right in the centre of the Venice boardwalk. Nice walk to Santa Monica. Could've been a few extra showers, but that that's no big deal. Perfect place to end a 2 month trip away.

Samesun is a great hostel. Literally right on Venice beach. High secuirty. We had a 4 bed shared dorm with bathroom and we wouldn't have gotten anything else around this area for this great price. Very clean and helpful staff.

There should be more plugs in the rooms so we can charge our phones etc. and shelfs by the beds are nescessary. Otherwise greeeeeat hostel!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

the place really really needs some atmosphere, its just boring. the communal area is a joke...why not utilise all that space on the roof and create a rooftop terrace bar??? this would put you guys on the global hostel map!! disappointing overall.

Thank you for the feedback. We are on the same page with the rooftop.. I wish we could open it up as a terrace, but there are many reasons why it's not feasible -space, safety etc.. Hopefully you were able to participate in our daily and nightly activities which start in our lounge then head out to local venues. Cheers and safe travels.

The staff are really helpful all the time. The location Is amazing! The view from the lounge window is great. Limited bathrooms but worth it for the great stay.