Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Courtney was great with helping us sort everything out!

Stayed for 3 nights soon as I walked in smelt like someone had urinated in the halls but kitchen was always clean staff handy they have an event each night you have to pay a little towards.... The location well it's on the main beach .. The wifi worked fine and there's big fans in each room For £20 a night it's what you expect

All staff members were extremely helpful right from check-in and leading activities to hanging around and checking out. They all made effort to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Showers were nice and hot, breakfast has plenty of options (ie. eggs, fruit, pancakes, toast, coffee, tea), security was the best I've seen at a hostel by far! The only con I would say is the shelves above each bed could definitely use a sweep. Aside from that, the place is pretty clean.

Had an amazing time at this hostel. Great people and staff, specially "Los Ninjas" (I hope I got it right). I definitely recommend you to stay there :)

Stayed almost 2 weeks in this hostel and while I loved some aspects, I've also had a hard time in room 308. Noise levels coming from the window that shakes all night for some odd reason just made my nights miserable. My bed was also shaking a lot for some unknown reason and the wifi speed and endless times I had to refresh my login added up to the bad aspects. These two were the most problematic experiences I had.

One of the best hostel experience I've ever had. Apart from given location and facilities, the atmosphere that staff created was amazing. Special thanks to Bethany for looking after us and Denise for organizing a Halloween party of the century!

Kitchen is tiny, fans no air con! Nothing to do just a room to drink/eat in! However located next to Venice beach, like the best. Location ever.. 2 night stay is ample!!

Great hostel right in the heart of Venice Beach. Facilities were fine and the staff were great!

the hostel was so much fun and made my trip to California so memorable!! The staff was super friendly and gave me great recommendations. I'll definitely be returning to Samesun Venice, thank you!

• 21st Oct 2015

Location was perfect and the free pancake breakfast was a huge bonus.

• 21st Oct 2015

this hostel is in a really bad area. i didn't feel safe walking outside the hostel. there idea of a "fully equip kitchen" had a kettle that was full of rust,. one quest fridge which was always full due to the lack of storage it provided. the hostels "free breakfast" consisted of ROTTEN EGGS, Stale BREAD. hostel smelt bad, reception were lazy and unfriendly, hostel was also dirty and hot. shower head full of rust.

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear that your time in Venice was not what you expected. It is an eclectic neighbor hood that has some interesting characters. For those who are reading our breakfast does include hard boiled eggs ( sometimes people are not a fan of their scent..!) which are delivered weekly to ensure their freshness, along with all our supplies. We are working on getting AC to fight the LA heat. Again, thank you for the feedback and safe travels. Sara General Manager

There's no air conditioning in the rooms, so even in the end of October it was burning hot at the daytime and in the nights it was even hard to breathe because of the hotness. Also there's only two showers for the entire floor so get up early! By the end of the day the shower/bathroom floor is all wet and sandy and nasty. The whole place has a very unpleasant smell. However, breakfast is good, staff is friendly and the location is perfect if you want to hang out at the beach.

Thank you for the feedback. The summer heat has extended into summer - hopefully we get a winter! We are hoping to get AC to help with the heat. Just to clarify- the majority of the rooms have bathrooms attached. The shared bathrooms are for the few that don't. Cheers and safe travels! Sara General Manager

I have been here for 3 days staffs are really great and kind

• 14th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Clean. Great location. Friendly staff.

Great location, breakfast is yummy, staff are really nice and helpful, and everything was clean. Luckily had nice roomies too. Everything was good except one thing. No one could sleep as the rooms were too hot. They provided two fans (one on your bed and one for the room), however these were not enough for LA in October. Hostel really needs air conditioning or more fans.

Great atmosphere, awsome people, amazing location, but ridiculously hot!

• 11th Oct 2015

Can't beat the location, right on the beach front, but hottest place on earth. The fans in the room didn't touch it. Difficult to sleep whilst slowly cooking.

The staff members are nice, friendly and helpful. All in all it is a good place for young people to stay close to the beach. The bad thing was that our room was very hot and muggy. It was sure very difficult to sleep in it. Also our bathroom was very dirty. We found different hair from all the other people who lived in this room before.

• 10th Oct 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear the staff were friendly and helpful. We are staffed 24 hours a day, with daily housekeeping. Please don't hesitate to let the staff know of an area that needs are attention between scheduled cleaning! Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

Great hostel with a great location and social atmosphere. Everything was clean and the beds comfortable. I was there during a heat wave and the room was suffocatingly hot so you have been warned in hot conditions be prepared to sweat!

Great Location and good staff! The rooms were clean, but no air conditioning in a place like Los Angeles is brutal. The rooms were unbearable. It was cooler sitting in the sun than in the room. Also 4 toilets/showers for the whole hostel is a joke. Especially when only 1 of them works properly. Also no laundry facilities, nearest laundromat is a 30 minute walk. I'm not usually one to pick on facilities because I expect basic from hostels, but previous samesun hostels were so Much better. Sort it

Thank you for the feedback. Hopefully we will be getting AC to the building to help with the summer heat, as you are right - LA is hot..! To clarify, the majority of the rooms include a bathroom, which means there are significantly more than 4 bathrooms for the hostel. Cheers and safe travels, Sara GM