Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

I stayed at this hostel for just 1 night, and would have loved to stay another night. Its in the best location and the staff are great. The rooms are very clean and spacious, but it is quite expensive for a hostel.

Room was super hot, and the door had to be left open all day for it to be bearable! Only two poorly kept, dirty showers/toilets for an entire floor of dorms. Not very clean, shabby, small place. We didn't use the kitchen or common room much, but both were also very small. Only good things were location - basically right on Venice Beach - and staff, who were super helpful.

Good value for money. Really Nice staf and really close to the beach! Rooms are good and clean!

Great place close to the beach. Very clean, great wifi, helpful staff. Only problem was there were only two bathrooms on each floor causing a lot of waiting to use them.

Great place in Venice. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere in the hostal Is great.

I stayed just one night. But I had a wonderful day there. The facility was so clean and bed or blanket was so nice. If i happen to visit LA again I will stay here too!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Great location and staff. People keep quiet at nights. Comfty. Downside: loud ventilator in my shared room.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Decent hostel. Atmosphere is average. There is no parking for hostel guest though, so if you have a car, I would not recommend staying here. You will have to find street parking, which sucks at Venice.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Thank you for the feedback. You are correct that we do not have a parking lot associated with the hostel. When you arrive, we have a handy parking map which helps you find paid street parking, paid valet parking or free street parking - all within a few blocks of the hostel. Cheers, Sara, General Manager

Loved my time here. Perfect location right in the centre of the Venice boardwalk. Nice walk to Santa Monica. Could've been a few extra showers, but that that's no big deal. Perfect place to end a 2 month trip away.

Samesun is a great hostel. Literally right on Venice beach. High secuirty. We had a 4 bed shared dorm with bathroom and we wouldn't have gotten anything else around this area for this great price. Very clean and helpful staff.

There should be more plugs in the rooms so we can charge our phones etc. and shelfs by the beds are nescessary. Otherwise greeeeeat hostel!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

the place really really needs some atmosphere, its just boring. the communal area is a joke...why not utilise all that space on the roof and create a rooftop terrace bar??? this would put you guys on the global hostel map!! disappointing overall.

Thank you for the feedback. We are on the same page with the rooftop.. I wish we could open it up as a terrace, but there are many reasons why it's not feasible -space, safety etc.. Hopefully you were able to participate in our daily and nightly activities which start in our lounge then head out to local venues. Cheers and safe travels.

The staff are really helpful all the time. The location Is amazing! The view from the lounge window is great. Limited bathrooms but worth it for the great stay.

I stay here always the first nights when I arrive from overseas. It is now the 4th time I've been here and certainly will come back.

Upper floor rooms were very hot, like a owen. altough there were fans. They say that breakfast is included. In realty they could'nt have called it breakfast. The word 'poor' remain ' rich' for it. To my opion, they could rise a litle bit (2-3 Dollars) daily rate and offer a more reasonable breakfast. I suppose that such kind of breakfast are not served even in poorest country of Africa. Please, a little more respect to human being.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Can't beat the location and the staff was awesome.

• 17th Jun 2014

This was my first time staying in a Hostel and the experience was great! I defintely will be staying in a Hostel in the future!

• 16th Jun 2014

Great hostel, perfect location. Staff were very helpful! Can't really complain.

Samesun Venice beach is in prime location for coastal life. My partner and I loved this hostel. We've stayed in many and this is at the top. Plus there was a TV in the room so we could watch the World Cup if too tired to hit one of many cool bars in Venice.

• 14th Jun 2014

Beautiful people and beautiful VIEWS!

• 10th Jun 2014