Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

25 Windward Ave, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA

1975 Total Reviews

My passport was stolen from my room but the staff helped me out in a calm and useful way.

Thank you for the feedback. We will contact you directly regarding this claim. Glad the staff were helpful. For those reading we have lockers in each room, as well as a safe at the front desk. Sara General Manager

Its close proximity to Venice Beach is its major selling point, so if that's what you want then there's nothing wrong with staying here. Most of the staff where either from Australia or NZ.

Pretty expensive for what you get but definitely can't complain about the staff or location. Nick in particular was a bit of a legend.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear the staff were legends! Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

Great staff, good relaxed atmosphere, the best location in Venice!

Thanks for the feedback! Our location definitely cannot be beat. Cheers and safe travels. Sara, General Manager

This hostel is hands down the best hostel I've stayed at! Where to start?!... The location is unbeatable with the beach a 20second walk away and great bars and restaurants surrounding (Danny's, Larrys and Townhouse to name a few) the rooms are bright and spacious and the beds are so comfy! The staff are great! Really fun and happy to give advice on things to do and see. The Samesun have definitely put their stamp on this hostel and there is no question, this is the hostel to stay at in Venice!!

I really enjoyed staying at Samesun. The staff made my friend and I feel very welcome and helped us in any way we needed. The location was ideal, and the facilities were more than great. Shout outs to the boys who work at the Venice Beach Location in L.A, you were wonderful, made me feel so welcome and showed me a good time all around! I miss this place and will definitely be returning with friends in the next month or two! Thanks!

• 28th Apr 2015

My trip previous to this one was in 2008, when the place was the "Venice Beach (C)otel". Love this hostel so much. Great times and memories. Happy to see that the place is only getting better, with vibe strong and logistics pretty effective. Bravo to the staff and management. If you want a great, happy place to stay in Venice Beach, this is the one.

I loved my stay here! Such a great location and the staff were very friendly. There are also lots of awesome places to eat and drink within a few steps. Highly recommended.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Compared to a lot of other hostels it was very clean and modern. You feel safe as the staff makes sure nobody that is not a hostel guest gets in. The stairs are a minus because with a lot of luggage its pretty painful. Staff was friendly, didn't show me around though. All in all, I enjoyed my stay even if I still think that 48$ a night is quite a lot. Breakfast was okay - very simple. Location is top - right at the beach.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you for the feedback. For those reading our breakfast is toast, fruit, coffee, tea and pancakes. Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

I had a wonderful time at SameSun Venice. The staff there is amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful , very good vibe. The rooms and common areas are very clean. The best thing about this Hostel is the location! Directly at the Boardwalk, Skatepark and the beach. They have great daily activities which is amazing, so much fun hiking and biking with new people everyday. Dominic- Director of fun : you rock! Thanks Samesun Venice for an amazing time.

• 19th Apr 2015

Hostel is located right in the heart of Venice beach. The staff are very accommodating, and the atmosphere is very welcoming. Free pancakes and toast in the morning is also a plus. However, if you choose not to go with an ensuite, the bathrooms are few and far between. Also, the showers barely work. You'll get a drizzle at best. It's also quite a distance from other parts of LA, and finding parking is brutal. All in all, it was not a bad place to rest after a long day.

Thank you for the feedback. We are looking at a solution for the water in our heritage building. Venice is a little distance from Hollywood and Downtown, but hopefully the closeness to the beach makes up for it! Cheers and safe travels. Sara General Manager

The most disappointing thing about this hostel was the public bathrooms. The showers were pathetic. Out of the 4 showers, 2 had absolutely no water pressure in that only drops were coming out of the shower head making it impossible to shower. The other 2 showers were only marginally better. There was enough water coming out of the shower head in order to get clean but they weren't respectable in any sense of the word.

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Currently we are looking for a solution to better the water situation in our heritage building. Hopefully next time you are in Venice you will be able to take advantage of the new pump and tank we will be installing shortly. Cheers and safe travels. Sara, General Manager

Extremely rude and unoccomodating customer service: The blonde receptionist actually asked me if I was "capable of speaking" when she asked me a question and I did not immediately answer (I did not hear her right away and had already done what she was requesting me to do) she then sneered at us for the remainder of or stay. It made us uncomfortable just to walk past the front desk.

• 16th Apr 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Customer service is very important to us and we will be contacting you directly to follow up with this incident. Hopefully you enjoyed your time in Venice. Cheers and safe travels! Sara, General Manager

My stay at the samesun Venice beach was amazing! The hostel location simply couldn't get any better. With ocean views from the room I was in I felt totally relaxed. The hostel staff are by far the best I have met anywhere on my travels; they are professional and courteous, and they make sure you feel at home. I travel to L.A. Plenty and will be sure to stay here again, and again !

Staff were excellent great location very secure and bathrooms/ensuites were pristine. Cant complain at all!

Location is really good, and the common area is a great spot to socialize and meet people. Staff was good as well. It's a little on the pricey side but you pay for location.

The location is absolutely perfect if you are looking to stay at Venice Beach. Honestly, the location is about all this hostel has going for it. The facilities were not clean. Our room smelt as we were situated near a bathroom. Also, the internet doesn't work outside of communal areas.

The staff at this hostel really make the place! They all go above and beyond to create a fun and sociable atmosphere. Perfect place to stay if travelling by yourself!

Very good place to stay! Close to the beach and there are good restaurants and options to drink a beer and eat some food. I recommend!

I´ve rated this hostel lower, because after reading some very good reviews I had higher expectations. It´s not a good value for the money. After I moved from there, I rented something through airbnb , which was much cheaper, nicer and cleaner and the host was willing to help me more with info and everything.

Hello and thanks for the feedback. Our desk staff are available 24 hours a day to help guests with whatever they need, whether it's directions, advice or any issues. Airbnb is a different product from hostels and it sounds like that option was more of what you were after, and I hope it allowed you to see our beautiful city. Cheers Pete