San Geremia Rooms Reviews

Campo San Geremia 290, Venice, Italy

Stayed here on a backpacking trip and this was one of the few places that we had our own room. The double bed room is very nice with a private bathroom.( ours was across the hall but we didn't mind at all) I room was a perfect size and close to the main train station on the island which was invaluable for being able to walk around as we pleased and not have to pay for more water taxi passes. The price was great compared to what the other options are. We were very happy with our stay!

You have to pay with cash so make sure you have enough cash on you for however long you stay. And the ATM's near by dont always work. I went to 3 before I could find a working ATM and we almost missed our train trying to find cash to pay for the hotel

• 19th Jun 2015

Clean, adequate hotel in a very convenient location near train station.

Being forced to leave the key whenever you go out is not reassuring. To retrieve our key when we come back we simply tell the room number and are given the key. No verification of name or actual person reserving the room at the time. That made me uneasy, anyone can get the key to my room while I am not there.

• 14th Jun 2015

Perfect for a quick stop in Venice.

Excellent location close to train station. Good security and cleanliness. Building is a bit old, but we had A/C which we were grateful for. Staff was helpful, but not overly friendly. Wifi works well and you get a coupon for 50% off breakfast at the bar next door.

We didn't have super high expectations for this hostel based on some reviews we had read, so overall this place was what we expected. It's a small hostel and was cheap, but we were only staying for two nights so it worked. The sheets and towels have a weird smell! My friends didn't think it was to bad, but I hated it. It made everything seem dirtier. However, the bathroom wasn't bad. We were not fans of the mustard yellow comforters, so if you get a room with those, don't be too alarmed ;)

Had a twin share. Great location, handy to the transport and eateries. Bathroom is cramped, but it is all there.

I was alway weary about attending a hostel, that said my experience was amazing. Beautiful room, helpfull staff and very clean!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Small basic room. Was all clean. Only Iet down was the storage room. Anyone could all and access your things - any even walking in off the street would able find the insecure storage room.

I do not think this hotel had any focus on service to the guests. They did not take me seriously enough ,and did not listen to me, insteead they argued against me so that I just felt best to leave this place. The room I was offered did not have a standard that matched what I had to pay for it : Old interior, noicy and bathroom smelling mould.

• 31st May 2015
  • Norway

This is an extremely nice hostel in the best location you could possibly ask for. I was able to take an early morning Vaporetta ride to and from St. Mark's square. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Everything's so well located. In addition, our train left well after checkout time, so we were allowed to leave our bags at the hostel and take advantage of the city that morning. The train station is less than 5 minutes walk, easily located. My only suggestion: not enough hot water.

This hostel was really close to the train station which was great since lugging your bags through Venice can be a pain. The room itself was clean and great for what we paid. The only issue was there was no lift so we were on the 3rd floor and had to carry our luggage up the stairs. Staff was great and we were able to leave our bags since we got in early.

• 21st May 2015

The hostel was great, but the 1am curfew was a bit of a pain. The curfew is the only downside to this hostel. Otherwise fantastic!

For someone who has been staying in hostels this was a welcome change. Elegant, simple, and clean. No elevator but the stairs were pretty. I had an excellent stay here.

Nice location with access to vaporetti stops. Customers have to remind staff to turn heating on, when needed.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very clean hotel in a great location! Lovely staff and half price brekky next door was delicious. Chocolate croissants were bliss!

• 1st May 2015

Wifi intermittent. Only concern i had. Enjoyed myself though!

We stayed there for 2 nights /3 days and we found everything excellent! Very very clean rooms, helpful staff, great location -5 minutes walk from the train station and near everything else. 50 % on the Breakfast from the restaurant next door. Good reception of the wifi connection. Our room, for 2 people, was a little bit small but it didn't matter.

Room was small but clean and the water was hot. Only complaint was the trek up to the fourth floor. Convenient from train station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3