Santa Teresa Central Hostel Reviews

Ladeira Santa Teresa 121 - Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome hostel great staff. The only bad bit is the giant hill you have to walk up to get to it everday

Decent breakfast and good location near Lapa (despite the steps!), but only two of the five showers worked when I was there, and the mattresses look and feel about 20yrs old...

I loved my stay at Santa Teresa, if I ever go back to Rio de Janeiro I will definitely stay here again, the staff were friendly and helpful and is located close to the centre of Rio

• 11th Jun 2014

The wifi almost never worked during my 4 day-stay!

I had a fantastic time in the hostel. Climbing up the hill was awful every single day, but we knew that before and it was a good workout. ;) We didn´t have air condition in the room, so it was very hot. The toilets sometimes didn´t work properly. But: The staff was very, very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was really good. We had caipirinha- evenings during carnival in the hostel and they have been the best, I´ve ever tasted. I would definitly recommend that hostel.

Great hostel, only spent one night (unfortunately) . Big rooms, nice light, fresh, huge lockers under the bed. Really nice staff, cheap drinks, 5 minutes away to party area. Party in the hostel too. Only con: at the top of a hill, need to climb, at the same time, there's buses just round the corner. Would come again!!

thank you Stfan...