Sapporo Maruyama Guesthouse Tsumuri-An Reviews

22-1-18,Kitaichijounishi,chuo-ku, Sapporo, Japan

It's not right in the middle of town, but the area has supermarket and well connected with subway. Just 3 stations away from downtown.

nice small guest house, most of the guest I encountered with were Japanese, but eventually you can find someone that can speak English. really tidy place with small breakfast included

Was a great stay with great staff. Recommended!

First of all, It is too difficult for me to find the location of this hostel even though I had a map. Because I'm bad with directions, I wandered around it for almost an hour. Maybe, because of the location, I hardly found foreigners here; Most of guests are Japaneses. Except location, everything is nice, especially there are curtains for each bed and I could sleep very well without interruption. Thus, breakfast; pizza toast is really delicious. If you will rest here, never miss Maruyama park!

It was a place to stay. That's all. The hostel is a little far removed from downtown, but within walking distance to beautiful Maruyama Park. The facilities were very clean and the bed, very comfortable. Also there was free breakfast and coffee. My one complaint is that it was hard to hang out in the common room because the manager was always around watching TV. There was no opportunity to socialize with any of the other guests.

Very nice place. Not very difficult to find. Maybe 30 min walking from Sapporo station. Nice walk along Odori park. The staff was super nice and spoke just a little bit of english, but that was ok since I spoke a little bit of japanese. Rooms were clean and had easy access to wifi, kitchen and tv. Over all, when I had to check out after 3 days, I actually thought that it would be nice to stay longer.

Very nice and helpfull staff, I really enjoyed my time there. It's a quiet and very cosy guest house so don't expect any wild parties like in a youth hostel. The breakfast toast is freshly prepared every day and with much love, delicious! Good access to Lawson store and subway. Showers are clean, and you have access to tons of free stuff (razors, lotion...) really recommend!

The hostel was great and the owner was super kind! There's a common room if you want to get to know other backpackers, and the bunk beds have curtains for privacy if you want alone time. Coffee and toast were included for breakfast. Some reviews think it's too far from the city center, but Sapporo is a small town. Maybe 10 minutes by train to Susukino, the main entertainment district. Great place, would recommend!

• 20th Jun 2014