Sapporo Maruyama Guesthouse Tsumuri-An Reviews

22-1-18,Kitaichijounishi,chuo-ku, Sapporo, Japan

It was a place to stay. That's all. The hostel is a little far removed from downtown, but within walking distance to beautiful Maruyama Park. The facilities were very clean and the bed, very comfortable. Also there was free breakfast and coffee. My one complaint is that it was hard to hang out in the common room because the manager was always around watching TV. There was no opportunity to socialize with any of the other guests.

Very nice place. Not very difficult to find. Maybe 30 min walking from Sapporo station. Nice walk along Odori park. The staff was super nice and spoke just a little bit of english, but that was ok since I spoke a little bit of japanese. Rooms were clean and had easy access to wifi, kitchen and tv. Over all, when I had to check out after 3 days, I actually thought that it would be nice to stay longer.

Very nice and helpfull staff, I really enjoyed my time there. It's a quiet and very cosy guest house so don't expect any wild parties like in a youth hostel. The breakfast toast is freshly prepared every day and with much love, delicious! Good access to Lawson store and subway. Showers are clean, and you have access to tons of free stuff (razors, lotion...) really recommend!

The hostel was great and the owner was super kind! There's a common room if you want to get to know other backpackers, and the bunk beds have curtains for privacy if you want alone time. Coffee and toast were included for breakfast. Some reviews think it's too far from the city center, but Sapporo is a small town. Maybe 10 minutes by train to Susukino, the main entertainment district. Great place, would recommend!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

pretty far away from the city centre. But this place is a gem. Really small but clean space. Feels like a home in fact. Staff was nice and she hangs around in the living area. Pretty cool cus she's into football too! and we talked about the world cup haha! I woke up one day to watch football with the tv in the living area. Like I said, felt just right at home haha. There are also snacks which are replenished but by the staff everyday. really tasty stuff there!! convenient stores are near too

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Parking space is very small, even for Japanese cars. We only stayed 1 night but we had the entire place to ourselves on a weeknight in June. Staff was nice, they made us breakfast in the morning! Overall, a pretty pleasant experience

Tiny but very nice hostel. Staff was nice, everything clean, location is average (close to some major parks, but a bit far from "downtown", I felt) but overall I was very happy with my stay.