Sea Rock Inn Reviews

14032 S. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, USA

Price : Cheap Location : not so well located for pedestrian (20 min walk from silver line, but far from the touristical place). Location is ok with a car ok because very close to highway. People there are very nice and welcoming. Look : The hotel looks oldy and facilities are old. To be known though : it is allowed to smoke in the bedroom. So if you're a non smoker be prepared to be in a room after a smoker. (not very enjoyable).

• 14th Aug 2013

It's a regular motel from United States but they have a swimming pool then I can say that it's can be a difference for your choice. Everybody say that it is so far from everything and I agree but thinking better there is no problem to stay so far from the downtown if you rent a car because the traffic in LA is terrible and the most popular beachs are far from the downtown. To resume my opinion, if you don't want to pay a lot of money to sleep then chose stay in the Sea Rock.

If you enjoy staying right between Compton and inglewood then this is the place for you. In a pretty rough neighbourhood and close to absolutely nothing of interest.

The Sea Rock Inn is very far away from everything, so you definetly need a car. The WiFi costs extra. All in all it is good Inn, but if you like to party without driving to the clubs, you should take one of the many Inn´s in Hollywood.

Good place to stay for transport. LAX airport 20 mins and 30 dollars in taxi aprox. Didn't explore location much, but seemed a little uninteresting. The only reason I ticked average on review for facilities, was because the internet was not working during my stay.

The building was very old and rusty. Windows were thin and almost broken. Not a few of the facilities were broken or missing. Burger restaurant and convenience store were nearby, but the road to them smells terrible. I can't recommend anybody stay here.

The place was nice micro-atmosphere within the metro L.A. area.

The man on the counter was very friendly. the money was worth it.

• 16th Jul 2012

Room was spacious, we had fridge and microwave. Wifi isn't free, also maid took my towel (don't take white towels to hotels). Everything was very well (except towel).

very nice staff, very very helpful to me they were

• 3rd Jul 2012

Our stay here vas very bad: the carpet in the room was filthy - leave the shower with clean feet and they'll be black with dirt in 1 minute flat. The pool doesn't have a filtration system so expect a skin on top of dead insects and plant matter. The pool also gave me a rash on my nuts which is still present. The location is central but LA is so big that everything of interest is about 8 miles away in different directions. The room wreaked of smoke. A very poor hotel indeed.

Everything was fine and we enyojed our stay. The room was huge but the bathroomdoor didn't close which was sometimes a little bit annoying. The facility list on hostelworld.com says "free wifi", but wifi is NOT included.

Really friendly stuff that likes to help you find your locations and get started with this huge city.

On our 1st night here, we witnessed TRUE Hollywood Stunt just in front of our hostel with Police pointing guns at a suspicious vehicle. Security in this area is not very good. Unless you drive &/or have a tight budget, this can be a good stop point to Disneyland & San Diego... else you wanna consider other hostel. Staff were really helpful but the bullet-proof window at the counter proves this area is complicated. Its a place where prostitutes will come at night. Else this place is perfect.

Clean and Spacious rooms. Location is perfect for a big city like LA as its centrally located and you can travel anywhere in LA. Staff members are very helpful. I liked this hotel as I am a budget traveller and its very moderately priced.

The Sea Rock Inn was amazing quality for the price we paid, the staff were so nice and friendly. The security on the rooms was great & the rooms were very clean. The only downside was the location, I wouldn't advise getting the bus down Vermont Avenue but instead getting the metro bus & then walking from the metro stop to the Sea Rock Inn in less than 2minutes as it'd save a lot of confusion if you don't know the bus system too well. Great value, perfect room & amazing staff.

extremely good value for such a price! location suits best if you have a car, but in LA you would have to have a car anyway

Friendly staff but make sure you take some flip flops as the carpets are filthy and after 5 mins of walking around your feet are black (no exageration!!!!)

Very nice rooms, not the best location. You would definitly need your own transport. helpful staff