Shaxi Horse Pen 46 Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 46 Sideng Street, Dali Shaxi, China

Great hostel... Only complaint was the hostel "didn't receive" our second nights booking... They offered us free bikes, which sounded awesome, until we saw the bikes. 70% had blown tires. The 3 that we did get blown up and ready to go, 2 of the chains broke within 5 minutes. They also offered us free transportation to a guest house in a nearby village... It was quite cool, but completely unstaffed and in the middle of nowhere. They also refused to give us a discount on the room there.

I love the fact that it's an original old town house. There are two huge dogs which are harmless. I was made to feel very uncomfortable when I join their communal (staff) dinner this one time, while all of us were eating, I was asked if I have paid, to which I replied I have, the staff who asked me this pressed further by asking why has he not received money from me. Obviously there was more than one staff working there and I paid the front desk when he was away.

We loved it here!