Shenyang Sanpi Youth Hostel Reviews

No.21 Yalu River Street, Yuhong District, Shenyang, China

The owners are super friendly but do not speak a word of English.

This is the most welcoming, friendly and most wonderful hostel I have ever used in China. The people here are absolutely amazing. The location does let it down a little, but its so worth the bus ride to town. They don't speak English here, but are very patient with those learning Chinese and great for conversation practice. I felt like I was with my own family. These people want to make friends, not money, I will genuinely miss them .

Sanpi Youth Hostel Shenyang was a wonderful place to stay. I was there just as a cheap place to stay while I was waiting for my passport, but when my 2 week stay was up I didn't want to leave. The staff are wonderful people who care about you and treat you like family. They regularly give you free tea or cigarettes and there a warm homely atmosphere. I live and work in China, and am now based in Shenyang, but I may stay the occasional weekend in Sanpi because I miss the place.

The hostel is very hard to find. You enter the building through a backdoor and go to 5th floor. If you go by taxi, ask the driver to call the hostel. They will explain the way to the driver and send someone out to pick you up from the street. The inside of the hostel looks quite nice. The employees do not speak english but are very kind and try to help you.