Shkedi's Camplodge Reviews

Moshav Neot Hakikar, South of the Dead Sea, Dead Sea, Israel

This place got some of the spirit that makes people over the world love Israel.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

I don't give 100% reviews that often. With that said, Shkedi's camplodge was worth every cent. Staff was great, fun, made us feel at home. It says "camplodge" but beds were actually way more comfortable than many hostels. Similarly, bathrooms were clean and big. Close to markets, short drive to the dead sea and Masada, yet a peaceful place in the middle of desert. Met many nice people in a chill out atmosphere around a bonfire. Perfect combination of nature and comfort! And cute dogs and cats :)

Had a great time during our stay mainly due to Sophie the dog and the Buddhist monk cat! That said Ben and Ron were pretty cool too. Many thanks guys for making us feel so welcome. Donna and Joanne

It was fantastic to spend time at this lodge. Really kind and welcoming staff and community. We spent New Years dancing at the local bar and at the end of the night the bar tender even gave us a ride home, awesome!!!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff, probably the cleanest hostel I have ever been to

Shkedi's Camplodge is an incredible and unique place to stay in the desert. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities are clean. My first night I stayed in the female dorm all to myself then was upgraded the second night to a private cabin, which was really comfortable and warm. One night the staff and guests gathered around a campfire for a lovely evening of wine and conversation. I would recommend this place to anyone, though a rental car is ideal.

Gil has created a very unique desert experience with this camp. He goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and fall in love with the desert in the same way that he has.

Really great place, difficult to get to if you haven't got a car but it wasn't impossible. The dorms have recently been redone so everything is new. Really good atmosphere, perfect for meeting people. Only thing is is that because it's in the desert you have the full desert experience including a lot of mosquitoes in the night which meant I had trouble sleeping. The buzzing was really irritating, more than I thought it would be. I would highly recommend taking insect repellent with, wish I had!