Siem Reap Holiday Garden Reviews

Steng Thmey Village, Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Very good value, very clean,lass than five minutes walk from city center, free coffee at the lobby. the staff and owners was very helpfull. The only down point for me was the fact that the place is not exactly a backpackers place. Only one dorm and no bar/ hangout place

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Israel

I would love to stay here again. Highly recommended to those who are on a tight budget trip. Thanks to Brian and his staff! Well done.

Hi, Thank you so much for your review. We try so hard to accommodate everybody. Hope to see you back soon Regards SRHGV

We have wonderful vacation in Siem Reap but not in this Holiday Garden.We booked 3 nights here,the rooms were not cleaned these 4 days and the light was broke in the bathroom.What‘s worse,something wrong with the water pipe,no shower,no water in the bathroom for a few hours in the night.Finally,the guy asked extra 10% tax but agreed to write off after the argument

Hi Thankyou for your feedback. On check in you were advised to leave your key at reception for your room to be cleaned, plus I spoke with one of your friends directly and did not want room cleaned. If you had no water I the room for any reason you should have advised us immediately. The only reason for this would be power loss? Due to tax laws you are meant to pay now but as you booked last year it did not exist then. Sorry for any inconvenience. Regards SRHGV

Ended up staying 4 nights. The staff were superb. It was good to see a dorm so clean and the beds were brand new. I will be back for sure.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

the staff was kind and helpful when i had questions. the dorm didn't have any lockers but they can store your valuables in a locked cabinet at the front desk.

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you back in Cambodia sometime soon. Regards SRHGV

For a hostel it has everything requied. Close to all you need, shops, pubs ect. Staff are great and very welcoming. Overall excellent.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Austria

Excellent place. Very clean.

• 27th Mar 2014

No access to kitchen at all-weird. Internet was not good-do not count on it at all-other hostels had working net for certain-I checked with two others & had to use-pay one to use theirs. Mattresses way to thin-like sleeping on frames. Owner spoke English-rest of staff could not get me tickets, tell me pricing, or give me directions-but hey, its Cambodia. Brian the owner was a decent guy, the place looks great, but does nothing for its guests-really.

Excellent. Did not want to leave. Brian and his staff are so hospitable and are able to help with everything. Location is perfect close to all major things, Night markets and Pub Street. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing stay this is the place. Enjoyed immensely.

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Staff were so helpful, friendly and accommodating. It was an absolute pleasure staying here. Thank you Brian and your staff, so much was seen, done and experienced - wonderful! Best stop I have had so far in 9 weeks on the road.

I enjoyed staying there. The room was large and clean. I bought the ticket a day to visit Angkor and it was a great visit at the right price. Breakfast is not included but there is free tea and coffee. It is a good place to stay. Close to everything. I also bought the ticket to Bangkok and was good.

Hi, Thankyou for your feed back... We all really appreciate it. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to se you back some day. Kind Regards SRHGV

Had a wonderful say. The place is beautiful and cleaned daily. Highly recommend.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Austria

An excellent place to stay staff really helpfull tuk tuk drivers very good

Hello, Thankyou for your feedback. We do really appreciate it. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Regards SRHGV

Had the best stay. Was able to extend for 3 nights. So close to everything. Brian was so helpful and was able organise all my tours with the safest tuk tuk driver. Fee tea and coffee was great. The place is big and clean. Great area to meet down stairs with a huge T.V and Video. Keep up the good work. Will be back.

• 7th Mar 2014

Great staff, great place, great location. Less than 5mins from everything. As a single girl traveling I felt very safe. Thanks for all your help with booking tours and buses.

• 7th Mar 2014

It has been one of the best guesthouses that I have stayed at on my trip. The place is immaculately clean and sheets changed daily. What more can you ask for. Great location 2 mins walk from the markets and les than 5 from pub street. Heaps of cafes around to eat at. They serve breakfast in the morning for a great price too. Great place and I will stay there again.

• 6th Mar 2014

Based on the good reviews we booked a dorm room in this hostel, but we were hugely disappointed. Next to the hostel is a stinky stream that you smell when sitting outside. The rooms were not clean, with cobwebs above the beds and the bathroom was completely mould infested. The worst thing were the old mattresses.. don't think about a good nights sleep here. Also the rooms didn't have a locker and no key for the door as well which means that basically everybody could just walk in

Very helpful owner and staff. Very knowledgable about Siem Reap and surroundings.

Hello, So happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to you coming back someday. Regards SRHGV

There were noisy roommates in the night, and the staff waited until next morning to do something. Bathroom was not always clean. There were not lockers and sockets.

My stay was wonderful. Brian was able to organise all trips including my future travels to Bangkok. All very easy with no hassle. The staff are great, a little hard to communicate but you are in their country. The dorm is great and cleaned everyday. I was amazed. If you are looking for a beautiful hostel then this is the place. Well Done!

• 14th Feb 2014