Siem Reap Holiday Garden Reviews

Steng Thmey Village, Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I moved to this place from another hostel from very close by that rated higher! 3 things that stood out. More friendly. Cheaper. Better people! Plus nice and chilled. Relaxed on the balcony with a couple of people having a beer. If you want a nice place to enjoy your stay then here is the place!

• 28th Dec 2014

There weren't any lockers, but you could store you things at the reception. The bathroom wasn't really clean but i could handle it. I would advise this hostel.

I have been traveling around most of South East Asia and for the great value for money thid place has to offer is great. Its clean neat and tidy. I have seen some shockers in the past 3 months and this place stacks up. Walking distance to basically everything. What more could you ask for. One thing I liked it was not a party place but a great place to chill. Nice people to meet and have a couple of beers. Recommend for sure!

• 27th Dec 2014

nice staff, nice location, nice guesthouse, nice place to stay

Hello, We really appreciate your feed back. Thank you for the comments and we hope you have a wonderful vacation. Be safe and hope to see you sometime in the future back in Cambodia. Best regards SRHGV

Had an awesome stay! Did the temples 3 days and one thing I found was the villa's prices were far cheaper than the guys on the street. I loved the room. Exceptionally clean!! Every day I went out my bed was clean by the time I got back!!! Thats good service for you!! Staff were great and doing a great job as nothing was a bother. Thanks and definitely recommend!!!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Absolutely no atmosphere, staff pretty unhelpful, intermittent power, dodgy end of town next to stinky canal. Comfy beds, close to pub street, clean. More like a hotel.

Hello, Well that's interesting as when we spoke you were very happy. No atmosphere? We are not a party hostel by any means and you looked like you were enjoying yourselves drinking out front. From all our other comments are staff are great so not sure regarding your response. Intermittent power. As you were made fully aware the WHOLE of Siem Reap had NO power. Not just my place. Dodgy end? I am in the most vibrant part that is booming. Very sad as you said you were happy. Safe travels.

Clean hostel considering the Siemreap standard. The staffs are so kind.

Overall a good place, good location nice stuff. .. I slept in the dorm - no socket or a lamp near the bed, so not that comfortable. The WiFi wasn't working that well.

What a wonderful time I had in Siem Reap. I stayed in the dorm for 2 nights then treated myself to a private room. I met so many wonderful people staying here it was great. One of the girls I met decided to travel to Phnom Penh with me. Brian and his staff know how to look after you and all is easy. The rooms are so clean as they do them daily. Have no complaints about this place at all. Short walk to town and markets and heaps of café and bars close. Recommend!

• 14th Dec 2014

Excellent hostel! Brian & the rest of the staff were so helpful and the hostel itself was very clean and welcoming. Only a few minutes walk to Pub Street and the different markets - very centrally located. Hostl provided airport pickup (tuk tuk) and had the room ready for me by 10am. I used their tuktuk driver to go to Angkor Wat - sweet person and there was never any hassle. Strongly recommend you stay here!

Hi, Thank you so much for your comments. As a small hostel we really love hearing the positive feed back from our clients. Hope you have a safe trip. Look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Kind Regards SRHGV

Although it might not appear 'central', the location of the Siem Reap Holiday Garden (near the night market) is far better than being within earshot of the noisy Pub St in town-centre . . . so a good location, hotel-like interior, and - best of all - terrific service by Brian and his staff. Would definitely recommend.

It was a little bit expensive since they didn't give is sheets nor Breakfast and the hotel tours are too expensive. Anyway it was nice.

Loved it!! Staff are so welcoming and have heaps of knowledge regarding what to do. Brian was so helpful and arranged all tour and bus tickets without a hassle. Really close to Nightmarkets and restaurants... Yes definitely recommend!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Fantastic place to chill!! Free coffee in reception and a big flatscreen T.V. Staff so helpful booking my 2 tours and bus to get to Bangkok. Hassel free at this place. Markets only 2 mins away. Very convenient!!!

• 2nd Dec 2014

The personality of the Cambodian staff and people are amazing! I have never seen so many smiles in my travels! Been to many temples and headed to the beach now. But my stay here was great. If you get a chance have a chat with Brian he can help you on your way through.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • China

Originally booked in at the mad monkey but our room was terrible so booked this place last minute. Good location and standard of room, great staff, also really reasonably priced. Definitely recommended

Hello, Thanks for your review. Every little bit helps our small business. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay compared to your previous choice. Look forward to seeing you again some day. Safe travels. Regards SRHGV Team

This place was great. I stayed in total 5 nights. Its so close to everything you need. Brian and his staff are so welcoming and are able to help with 95% of things. I felt very safe and this my main concern being a single female traveler. Highly recommend and thanks.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great place and great staff!! Stayed 3 nights and loved it! Definitely book!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Very nice Hostel, After reservation a very good mail will be send with all the information and ongoing scams. Arranged TukTuk driver is very good, and prices are ok! Room was very very big, the biggest on my entire holiday!! The market is on walking distance (5 mins) and in the street around the corner, cheap restaurants and bars are available.

Hello, Thankyou so much for your review. We really appreciate them as my staff work so hard. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back sometime in the future. Regards SRHGV Team

Staff was great! Extremely accommodating and friendly. Later back atmosphere a great place fire backpackers.

• 25th Nov 2014