Siem Reap Rooms Reviews

Road No.26 Wat Bo, Salakamreuk, Siem Reap, Cambodia

This hostel is very comfortable. The location is lovely and quiet, just a short walk to the market from the main town, markets and Pub Street. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was quite cheap BUT this doesn't include breakfast. There were no tea and coffee making facilities, and there was no complimentary water. The room was comfortable but very basic and dated. There were several maintenance issues that needed addressing in the room. None of these things were major

Overall a very nice hotel, if a bit far from the center. Great rooftop area. Got a bit scared when my went to a different room by accident yet managed to open it with my key. Staff is helpful, although you can get a better deal if you deal with tuk tuk drivers directly (they are waiting right outside).

Siem Reap Roooms Guesthouse was like home away from home. The staff and the hostel owner were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and the facilities adequate. The Front Desk staff (Singhay and Arena) were very helpful with the choice of tours. Even the tuk tuk drivers provided by the guesthouse were courteous and honest. If I and my friends return to Siem Reap we will definitely stay again at the Siem Reap guesthouse!

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Philippines
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice and for asian standards very clean hotel. Staff is very nice and helpful. Good value for money, it's a bit more expensive than a backpacker, but you get a western-style hotel-like atmosphere for it. It's not too far from everything.

Staff were amazing spoke superb English and couldn't do enough for us.

Great hostel, clean, good location, wifi excellent. Staffs are super freindly and helpful, arrange our tours for Angkor temples. It has been wonderful stay. Highly recommended.

The staff are super friendly here! They greeted us with a complimentary drink while explaining the common tours for the temples, and other activities for travellers. We had a great time in Siem Reap, made even better by the staff, facilities and cleanliness.

Ordered egg, got tuna. Terrible food poisoning. Staff was hit or miss. Quiet hostel a bit removed from town. Owner was very nice.

Siem Reap room was clean. The Wifi was excellent. I was able to video skype without interruption. The staff did a great job picking a knowledegable and well tempered tuktuk driver and setting up my tour to the angkor temples. The manager, Ron, was a pleasure to converse with. I will not hesitate to stay here again when I'm in Siem Reap.

It has been wonderful stay. The staffs had been helpful and very informative about whereabout in town, especially Arina.

We had a wonderful stay! Mr. Som our FABULOUS tuk tuk driver for the week was awaiting us with a warm smile at the airport! Upon arrival Lisa greeted us with an ice cold towel and drink and sat down with us for an entire hour and a half giving us the essential low down of where to eat what kind of food, the scams to not get ripped off by, and most importantly restructured what little of an idea we had of an itinerary into a schedule that made our entire experience in Cambodia a huge success!

Big bed, clean facilities, decent location (10 min walk to the center of town: nightlife, night markets etc.). The roof top plunge pool and patio was lovely after a hot day of temple sightseeing. The best part of the hostel was the staff. Lisa was lovely, full of tips and advice. She helped us book a tuk tuk to Beng Melea and Angkor Wat at a certain time to help avoid the tourist buses. Much appreciated, as it was a much better experience without the hordes of Korean/Chinese tourists.

Thank you for the positive review. We love seeing all those "4" and "5" ratings! We do take pride in the fact that our tours are meticulously timed to maximize the chance that our guests will get to experience the temples without the crowds. We couldn't do this without the daily feedback of our customers. It really is a collective effort. Thank you for choosing SRR and for your part in helping to make the experience positive for others as well. - Lisa :)

Overall the Siem Reap Rooms provided my friend and I with a great stay! Lisa was invaluable in her help and recommendations of things to do. This place is also great if you want to book an inexpensive tuk-tuk tour of Angkor Wat and the other temples. The rooftop pool could have used a bit of cleaning but the area up there is great to hang out and tan or read a book. In short, Lisa is what made our time there enjoyable, she took extra care to make us feel comfortable!

Thank you for the honest and overall positive review. I'm glad you found my recommendations helpful and that you were very comfortable during your stay. I'm really sorry about the pool area. We've had some staff changes in the last few months and some routines were disrupted. I've brought this to the attention of staff and we'll make sure that is gets checked more regularly as before. I hope your onward travels have been smooth. :)

Very good rooms and clean atmosphere. the lady at reception Lisa was very friendly and approachable. They provide nice ride on tuktuk too with a English-speaking driver. The driver sam is excellent to us. We had avoid time and it was all possible because of sam and lisa. lisa has cute little kitty and used to play around with visitors.My heartlet thanks staff, lisa and sam. I will recommend this place to everyone.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • India

Best staff we've encountered in SEA; really helpful with temple advice, great drivers for sight seeing, helped us book onward travel. Clean, comfortable, safe walking home at night. Located just outside main tourist hub; a bit of a weak to restaurants, but it is nice and quiet at night. Stayed a week with my boyfriend. This is not a place to meet other travellers, but not a problem for us since we met up with friends we already knew.

Lisa was great! She made me feel right at home, and offered tips on where to go and what to see via email even before I arrived in Siem Reap. She even gave me hotel suggestions on the next leg of my trip based on her own experiences traveling there. The best part was that she custom designed a tour package based on what I wanted at a fraction of the price offered by other places I found on TripAdvisor! Overall a phenomenal time based on how hospitable Lisa and the rest of the staff were!

The ONLY complaint I would have (and a mild one at that) is that SRR is kinda far from downtown. We knew this ahead of time though. You can spend more money to stay closer to Pub Street and all of that but I would still stay at SRR above other places for everything else it has to offer. Be sure to bring cash though...was not expecting to have to pay the balance of my reservation in cash.