Skeleton Beach Backpackers Reviews

14 Moses Garoeb str, Vineta, P.O. Box 23658 Windhoek, Swakopmund, Namibia

I had a really good stay here in the 4 person Rooms, only thing I wish they had was somewhere to lock my stuff in like a locker. but otherwise it was a very pleasant stay, it is right by the beach and you can walk anywhere you would need to with in Swakop.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Really nice people, a bit of a walk from the centre, so a bit awkward at night if walking alone. The private rooms are definitey worth if you want some extra privacy. They are realy nice. Staff helped with everything I needed

Excellent hostel!! This backpackers really made our Namibia trip! Congrats to Lena for being such an amazing member of staff.

Lovely private room with massive bed to get a good sleep on. Very good value for money as the room appeared recently renovated although I did find it a bit weird that the bathroom was open plan (i.e. no door).

A group of eight of us stayed at Skeleton Beach for four days a few weeks ago and we loved it! The location is amazing, just a short block away from the beach, and the facilities are clean and orderly. I was impressed with both the security of the site and the breakfast spread, but our favorite part of the trip was the rooms! We paid the rate for 2-bed doubles (no private bath) and received private, well-furnished rooms with bathrooms ensuite. A much better value than the cramped dorms below.

• 27th Oct 2014

Great stay !! Everything was perfect, the staff is sweet, the room is big and cosy, we felt like home ! I highly recommend.

My personal experience was a 5* Hostel experience. I would highly recommend Skeleton Beach Backpackers!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • South Africa

We were very impressed with our stay, we would recommend your hostel to anyone Thank you so much Anne and Family

• 24th Sep 2014

We were incredibly impressed with Skeleton Backpackers - my girlfriend and I took the double room, it was like a hotel! Absolute bargain. The breakfast was fine and the lady there organised a sandboarding tour for us. Would recommend this a place to stay 100%!

I enjoyed my night at the hostel. It was pretty quiet, there were only six of us there. The only issue we had was finding it, as it was not on the main strip of Moses Garoeb, but there is a second Moses Garoeb street. So, I know instructions are included in the confirmation for booking, but they were not helpful and we had to stop and ask at another business for assistance. Also, I called but no one answered the phone.

BIG PROBLEM : there is only one lady working at this backpackers. She's nice but there should be someone else there with her. It was hard to find her if we had problems/requests/questions. Our room was next to the living room and kitchen, it was very loud. There is no rule about noise and bringing outside people in. If you have problems at night (ex : loud drunk people at 3am), no one is there to deal with it. This place needs to refine the way it operates and define some rules.

Nice place to stay and good facilities. Comfortable communal lounge and good kitchen, though needs another hob as one gets a bit crowded. Within walking distance of the town and beach.

Homely little backpackers' house just a bit north of town center. I stayed 3 nights in Swakopmund and had a great time, throwing myself out of a plane first time, quadbiking and visiting the currently only open commercial cinema in Namibia. It was great to have Skeleton beach as a base for my exploits. The price of the dorm beds are pretty much unbeatable in Swakopmund (120nad) with a good breakfast included, better deal than camping in the back yard (80nad).

Great place to stay. Not too far from downtown, a nice walk along the beach. It is clean, shower works great, good beds, nice breakfast, etc.. nothing wrong there. Would recommend it.

This hostel is beautifully located; within walking distance to the beach town, all the restaurants, and shops. The facilities are wonderful; and the owner, Erica, is phenomenal. The house is great, very clean, and well-stocked with appliances. They do whatever they can to help and take it upon themselves to personally help their guests with anything. I loved it so much; it felt like home while I was there! I wish I could go back already!!

• 3rd May 2014

Great staff who are there to make your stay a pleasure and are very helpful with information. It's nice being 1 block away from the beach.

Stayed here over the weekend. It's a bit outside the city centre, but it only takes around 20 minutes to make the walk so there's not really a problem. About 10 minutes away you have a shopping centre. Very close to the ocean. The included breakfast was really good and the WIFI connection was really good aswell. There is no bar in the hostel, so if you want to party this is not the right hostel. The people staying there was older. Helpful staff.

The hostel was hard to find because the road names do not really match with the maps of the city. We were said it is because the city is changing so fast. But it could be helpful to have some board on the main road to indicate the location of the hostel.

Skeleton Beach Backpackers has a very Home-type of a feel which was really nice over the holidays! We met great people and the staff is super friendly. Just seconds away from the beach and a few minutes away from the city centre. I would totally recommend this backpackers!

It"s a nice place. Fell like home

« first « Prev 1 2 3