Skeleton Beach Backpackers Reviews

14 Moses Garoeb str, Vineta, P.O. Box 23658 Windhoek, Swakopmund, Namibia

It's affordable, I met new people. I had an amazing time. I wish I stayed longer.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • South Africa

The best overall backpackers in Namibia!

• 6th Jan 2016
  • South Africa

Thank you for the genuine helpfulness! The staff was so great!

• 31st Dec 2015

Nice hostel with a laid-back atmosphere. The staff knows the name of everybody, even if you only stay for 2 nights, which gives you a very warm family feeling :) Probably the most comfortable beds I´ve had by now in a hostel and warm and comfty blankets! Just walk down the street to see a beautiful sunset at the beach of Swakopmund! City centre is a little bit farer, but still in walking distance. Good breakfast. I definitely recommend it!

My room was a bit noisy, based on where it was located in the house. But other than that, Ingrid was very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The private room was quite nice (although it did not contain a king-sized bed as another reviewer posted). There were only a few issues: the water pressure diminished when people used the communal toilets, and although It was nice to have a TV, it's very awkwardly positioned in the room. The breakfast was basic, and as a coffee lover it'd be nice to have something more than Nescafe, but at this point I'm nitpicking.

Really great place to stay. The linen was clean and fresh, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and private. This, with the free breakfast, makes SBB a great place to stay for a great price. Only qualm was that they didn't have my booking from Hostelworld on file! Luckily there was still space...

We splurged and booked the private room and were pleasantly surprised. King size bed, huge bathroom and balcony is definitely worth a few extra bucks. The staff was also friendly and very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Super nice hostel, I really enjoyed my stay. Highly recommended!

Great place to stay, lovely people...The room was nicely made, and the breakfast was good. We will see you again next time.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. I would definitely return. The atmosphere, the layout, the location was great. Would sit around and share food with the other travelers. The owners are wonderful too. They really go the extra mile to help you. The breakfast is wonderful. Suggestions to the owner: Having an available fire pit for cold winter nights would be nice. Also if there were lock that would be available to rent that would be ideal for people who do not bring their own locks.

• 18th Jul 2015

In wintertime, it would be nice to have some sort of heating to make the mornings less cold. Open up the windows when people are out, keep them closed when people are having breakfast. Just a small remark though, because we had a very nice time at the backpackers! Thanks to Lena and Erika. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to other people!

Loved everything about it, and I highly recommend staying there.

Excellent hostel! Staff were so helpful in booking activities.

We stayed for nearly 3 weeks and had a fantastic time. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Our room was wonderful. Very large double room with a king size bed and ensuite facilities. The owner was around every weekend and made us feel very welcome and at home. We both had a great time and will definitely come again!

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I had a really good stay here in the 4 person Rooms, only thing I wish they had was somewhere to lock my stuff in like a locker. but otherwise it was a very pleasant stay, it is right by the beach and you can walk anywhere you would need to with in Swakop.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Really nice people, a bit of a walk from the centre, so a bit awkward at night if walking alone. The private rooms are definitey worth if you want some extra privacy. They are realy nice. Staff helped with everything I needed

Excellent hostel!! This backpackers really made our Namibia trip! Congrats to Lena for being such an amazing member of staff.

Lovely private room with massive bed to get a good sleep on. Very good value for money as the room appeared recently renovated although I did find it a bit weird that the bathroom was open plan (i.e. no door).

A group of eight of us stayed at Skeleton Beach for four days a few weeks ago and we loved it! The location is amazing, just a short block away from the beach, and the facilities are clean and orderly. I was impressed with both the security of the site and the breakfast spread, but our favorite part of the trip was the rooms! We paid the rate for 2-bed doubles (no private bath) and received private, well-furnished rooms with bathrooms ensuite. A much better value than the cramped dorms below.

• 27th Oct 2014