Skeleton Beach Backpackers Reviews

14 Moses Garoeb str, Vineta, P.O. Box 23658 Windhoek, Swakopmund, Namibia

We were incredibly impressed with Skeleton Backpackers - my girlfriend and I took the double room, it was like a hotel! Absolute bargain. The breakfast was fine and the lady there organised a sandboarding tour for us. Would recommend this a place to stay 100%!

I enjoyed my night at the hostel. It was pretty quiet, there were only six of us there. The only issue we had was finding it, as it was not on the main strip of Moses Garoeb, but there is a second Moses Garoeb street. So, I know instructions are included in the confirmation for booking, but they were not helpful and we had to stop and ask at another business for assistance. Also, I called but no one answered the phone.

• 29th Jun 2014

BIG PROBLEM : there is only one lady working at this backpackers. She's nice but there should be someone else there with her. It was hard to find her if we had problems/requests/questions. Our room was next to the living room and kitchen, it was very loud. There is no rule about noise and bringing outside people in. If you have problems at night (ex : loud drunk people at 3am), no one is there to deal with it. This place needs to refine the way it operates and define some rules.

Nice place to stay and good facilities. Comfortable communal lounge and good kitchen, though needs another hob as one gets a bit crowded. Within walking distance of the town and beach.

Homely little backpackers' house just a bit north of town center. I stayed 3 nights in Swakopmund and had a great time, throwing myself out of a plane first time, quadbiking and visiting the currently only open commercial cinema in Namibia. It was great to have Skeleton beach as a base for my exploits. The price of the dorm beds are pretty much unbeatable in Swakopmund (120nad) with a good breakfast included, better deal than camping in the back yard (80nad).

Great place to stay. Not too far from downtown, a nice walk along the beach. It is clean, shower works great, good beds, nice breakfast, etc.. nothing wrong there. Would recommend it.

This hostel is beautifully located; within walking distance to the beach town, all the restaurants, and shops. The facilities are wonderful; and the owner, Erica, is phenomenal. The house is great, very clean, and well-stocked with appliances. They do whatever they can to help and take it upon themselves to personally help their guests with anything. I loved it so much; it felt like home while I was there! I wish I could go back already!!

• 3rd May 2014

Great staff who are there to make your stay a pleasure and are very helpful with information. It's nice being 1 block away from the beach.

Stayed here over the weekend. It's a bit outside the city centre, but it only takes around 20 minutes to make the walk so there's not really a problem. About 10 minutes away you have a shopping centre. Very close to the ocean. The included breakfast was really good and the WIFI connection was really good aswell. There is no bar in the hostel, so if you want to party this is not the right hostel. The people staying there was older. Helpful staff.

The hostel was hard to find because the road names do not really match with the maps of the city. We were said it is because the city is changing so fast. But it could be helpful to have some board on the main road to indicate the location of the hostel.

Skeleton Beach Backpackers has a very Home-type of a feel which was really nice over the holidays! We met great people and the staff is super friendly. Just seconds away from the beach and a few minutes away from the city centre. I would totally recommend this backpackers!

It"s a nice place. Fell like home

Very nice place, close to the beach. Breakfast was included in the price and served on a nice terrace in the garden. Very friendly staff!

We stayed there for 2 nights and we enjoyed it. Staff was absolutely helpful, recommended a nice and cheap taxi driver and recommended a good camel riding tour. Breakfast was super and cleanliness good. Very good value for money! I would definitely come again. Its about 15-20 min to walk to the city centre....

Comparing to the backpacker hostels in Europe, the quality was much better! Comfortable beds and cozy athmosphere. For those who don't mind walking a bit, the situation is ok.

Great value for money and super-friendly hosts. Beach is literally 150m away.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • South Africa

Thank the Manageress. wonderful stay. Am returning ASAP.

This backpackers is a bit outside the centre, but definitely worth it. The rooms are spacious with lots of storage space. There is a self catering kitchennin excellent condition. The owner is very friendly.

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

Great hostel with good location. 15 min walk to sam nujoma ave along the beach. The owner was very kind and helpful. Stayed in a private room with comfortable beds. Quiet area. Recommend staying here!

We stayed in a twinroom with an ensuite. it was clean, with a balcony and the hostel itself was lovely. The owner was very nice and helpful and breakfast was perfect:) Toast cheese, jam and cereals. It is situated at the coast and within 20-30 minutes walk along the coast you reach the city centre. The owner also organises trips as quad biking sandboarding or skydiving for you! if I ever went to Swakop again I would stay there!!!

• 30th Sep 2013