Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card 4 weeks prior to arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
Cancellation / No Show & Reduction in Numbers Policy
For cancellations made more than 3 months prior to arrival: 25% of the total amount;
For cancellations made less than 3 months prior to arrival: 50% of the total amount
Less than four weeks prior to arrival: 100% of the total amount plus 50% of the subsistence costs.
Up to 10% of the group members can be cancelled free of charge four weeks prior to arrival.
Additional Terms and Conditions
4-6 weeks after returning our group contract form, fully filled in and signed, the total amount for the reservation must be paid in advance. For bookings made on short notice up to one week before arrival, payment is possible only per credit card. Any remittance costs shall be charged to the depositor.
Please note that upon arrival of the group we collect a security deposit of € 20.00 per person in cash. The teacher/group leader will collect the corresponding total amount and will have it available and hand it over to a member of the reception staff against receipt. Provided there are no complaints about the condition of the room upon check-out, the full amount of the deposit will, of course, be refunded to the teacher/group leader.
The house rules are a component of the General Terms and Conditions. In the event of infringement of the house rules, Smart Stay City Hostel is entitled to terminate the accommodation agreement without notice. No refund is granted for services not taken advantage of due to contract cancellation.
Liability / Deposits
Anyone causing damage to the building or inventory is liable for the costs within the scope of the statutory provisions (in particular also escorts and event organizers). Theft and intentional damage of property will be promptly reported to the police. Upon the departure of groups the rooms will be inspected by our sta. Gross befoulment and damage will be invoiced and must be paid for upon check-out. Smart Stay assumes no liability for luggage stored in the luggage room or for vehicles or bicycles parked on the premises of Smart Stay Hostel Munich City.
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Hostelworld Mobile Apps
Book on the go with the new Hostelworld mobile apps.