Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Hostel was good. Very spacious room with bathroom and closet. Seem to have gotten flea bites from staying in the bed, assuming it is from the bedding. Was very expensive due to Oktoberfest

Value for many I rate poor just because I overpaid a lot because of Oktoberfest.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel is really nice, with an amazing bar in the entrance and safe dorms. Its right beside Oktoberfest area and 100m from subway station! Perfect!

Upon arriving I was greeted at the front desk by two girls who were very RUDE and completely unhelpful. I was appalled at the lack of customer service and complete lack of respect for those checking in. I would not recommend staying here as the staff was awful and the atmosphere to match. People staying there were hateful and commented racial slurs to my friend I was traveling with. Even though I paid, I did not stay there because I was so disgusted by the place. DO NOT COME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

I was staying on the fifth floor for one night. There were no lockers or places to lock up valuables so I had to leave my bag downstairs behind the counter. Other than that it was overall a good place to stay. Great location if you are going to the Oktoberfest grounds!

Clean and large room. And kind staff. But the price was so high because i went during oktoberfest.

Great place to stay, rooms were large with good access to power points. Really close to Oktoberfest and the train/bus stations. Easy to get around.

Excellent location for oktoberfest, not a bad walk to the city center. Staff was friendly and helpful. There are barely any outlets in the room and the WiFi mainly only works in the main lobby. Overall a pretty average hostel.

If you are looking for a hostel to book for Oktoberfest than this is the one and only place. It is two blocks from the Oktoberfest site which makes for quick access in and out of the park. Staff was really friendly. There was a club next door and the social area downstairs was busy. The hostel is pretty new and clean and kept in good shape. The rooms were very large and the bathrooms were very nice. Negatives: the latches had not been put on the boot lockers so there was nowhere to lock

The drains in the bathrooms really need some work and it would be nice if the bathrooms were cleaned everyday. Also if you are looking for a quieter hostel this is not one of them. Other than that the beds were very cozy and the staff are excellent and very knowledgable. They speak perfect english and not only know the answers to all of your questions off the top of their head but give helpful suggestions. Finally if you are going to Oktoberfest this hostel is in an great location.

The hostel has awesome location and very good structure. Personnel is correct and professional. The only problems are with the other people staying in the hostel. As the establishment doesn't care about silence, you can have people speaking loudly and making noises in the middle of the night. So, if you want to have a minimum night of sleep, don't go there, it's a place for parties. Moreover, people from my room allowed others to get inside and sleep there, so be careful.

nice hostel. got smashed by the prices because of oktoberfest. breakfast price is a bit steep for what you get

Perfect spot for Octoberfest! However shower didn't drain away so a bit disgusting

Great place, great location.

• 22nd Sep 2014

It's a nice hostel in a convenient area with all the stuff you need to enjoy yourself. The price is high but that seems normal in Munich. Met some great people and enjoyed my night.

Lovely place - about the only one where the dorms are so BIG and there is SPACE. Also very new which makes a difference. I guess in the latter regard, time will tell!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel location is really good only a 5-minute walk from subway station and is close to Oktoberfest site. I stayed in the room facing the street so it was a bit noisy at night. When I was there end of September the room was still be a little too warm at night without a fan. The kitchen was in a total mess, it was not cleaned and the rubbish was everywhere.

Excellent location. easy to find. nice and clean bedroom. There s also a luggage room in the room. Only one bad thing is we ve got pretty nice roomates except one snoring all the night. hope we can have snore and non-snore room. that will be excellent.

This hostel is fine if all you want to do there is sleep, it's decorated nicely and there are most of the faciliaties you should need. It was the little things that let it down, for example having no soap in the shared bathroom, no lockers in the rooms because they were redecorating, having to pay a deposit to use anything in the kitchen and staff didn't seem entirely sure what was happening and gave us false information at least once during our 2 night stay.

Location was excellent, there is only one thing to care about is staff's behaviours. When we were at room, cleaning staff has entered to our room without knocking.

• 10th Sep 2014