Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

It's a really big hostel but has a nice atmosphere on the first floor. Still seemed like a hard place to meet other people but can't complain about much else. It's expensive compared to other nicer hosts I've stayed in but you have to remember it's in Munich and the location is great for the price.

• 27th Dec 2014

Overall good hostel, was a little sad to see there was in fact no common room as I had read before booking, but small lobby and bar. The rooms were pretty spacious as I had read in reviews. And the wifi is pretty annoying to deal with, better off using internet out in the city. Other than that the location worked out ok, close to downtown. The breakfast is decent.

• 27th Dec 2014

I am actually very upset, I paid in the hostel with cash and they also charged me the 14 € to my creditcard, what can I do?

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

We arrived at smart stay hostel and checked in. We walked upstairs to our surprise all the beds were taken except for one which wasn't even made. There was 2 of us. So we had to go downstairs and talk to the ladies and they didn't believe us. They came upstairs and realised that we were right. No one cleaned the room. Lovely... Just what you want. They changed us to a new room which was empty. The staff there were very unpleasant, unfriendly... But the location was great. The bed was comfy...

Great hostel and good staff!

• 25th Dec 2014

The hostel is about 30 minutes walking to the city center, but there is a subway station nearby! The rooms are very good, they are spacious with big bunk beds.

A bit far away from the main station (Hbf). Swipe access on doors. Otherwise pretty decent.

Smart Stay Hostel Munich City is good. We were in a 6 bed female dorm and it was nice. The facilities are not the best, but it's OK: the kitchen is too small and you have to go to the reception to get the kitchen tools, that's not very practical. The wifi worked better at the reception, in the room sometimes it failed. It's not too near the train station, you can walk or take a bus (it's fast!). To the city's centre, it's about 20 min walking. It's SUPER near the Oktoberfest, have fun!

I booked a private room for 3 nights and as soon as I saw it I freaked out. It was as far as depressing as dirty! Horrible, I can't believe how they even sell this kind of rooms. Luckily the people of Wombats managed to get me a place (under that circunstances). I told the lady in the reception that I was leaving the following day. She excused saying: "sorry, but this is a hostel, not a hotel". There are no excuses for being dirty and rude, right? Don't go to that hostel, that's my advice.

The place was great, clean and pretty new. Only problem it was a 15-20 minute walk from the center and main train station. I didnt mind at all but that meant I didn't spend much time at all in the hostel at their bar or trying to meet people. Good place to stay though, would reccomend. Also the kitchen wasn't the greatest

The toilet already smelt a bit and it didn't help when the washroom was flooded (because a fellow traveller was drunk and passed out during shower, leaving the water running). That was an unfortunately event. Other than that, everything was up to standard. Staff was helpful while the location is easy to find.

Really clean rooms and reception was really kind to allow us to check in at 5am with a small additional cost.

The toilets were good. Bathroom was good too. But my dorm was smelly. I can't blame it on the hostel alone, because I did not stay with clean people. However the hostel could have done something about it. Also when I first came to my room, there was no tidied up bed. All were used. and my name was not written on any, like other hostels do. So it creates confusion what is my bed and why has it not been cleaned up. Nonetheless this is a very cheap hostel!! Can't ask for much.

I really enjoyed my stay. The property is in the city center, with great and helpful staff. Loved it and fully recomment!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

Really good stay here. Good atmosphere with the bar and restaurant and a great location in Munich! Staff weren't that friendly but their bartender is very sexy so it made up for it!

It seemed to be a place where there was an even mix of old and young people. Rooms and showers are modern and clean, beads are great but the wifi is terrible.

My opinion is:GOOD:)

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Romania

My friend and I had a great stay here! We stayed in the 6 person dorm. It was very spacious and super comfortable. The bathroom was nice as well. The staff was super helpful, printed out our boarding passes and helped us with directions. The hotel is two stops away from the main square and about 2 minutes walking to the metro stop. Would definitely recommend!

• 28th Nov 2014

Nice big spacious rooms. Very comfortable. Only bad things were that the shower didn't drain and you have to give a deposit just to use a bowl or a spoon from reception! There is not really a place to hang out unless you sit in the bar or by the reception desk. Small kitchen.

Good, clean hostel with good facilities (lounge, bar, kitchen, breakfast) within 15-20min walk to centre of munich or even closer if you catch the subway. Bathroom curtains meant there was quite a bit of water on the floor following multiple people using the shower.

• 28th Nov 2014