Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

way overpriced. WiFi is super annoying because you need one code per device per 24 hours. kitchen closes at 10pm and you have to rent/pay deposit for dishes. no real hostel atmosphere. wouldn't recommend.

Provided everything we needed, although rather expensive for an 8 bed dorm, especially on the Saturday night.

Nice hostel, professional and clean, but not incredibly exciting. Despite this, the bar is nice and the area is interesting.

Me and my girlfriend had a nice stay.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Sweden

One of the nicer hostels I got to stay at while in Europe. It's not even really a hostel, its more comparable to a motel. Had a bar, a lobby, cafeteria, etc. Met some fun people, location is great for exploring Munich and you can get some really cheap Turkish food just north of the hostel. Perhaps it's bland as far as hostels go I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed myself there

This place has some very nice facilities. My only complaint was that when we got there we were unsure which bed was free because someone had checked out but had left some of their stuff. With help from the staff we determined the correct bed and they fixed the situation. It would be better if beds were assigned, but it wasn't a big deal. I'd stay there again.

It was too expensive. The drawers that were supposed to serve as lockers weren't big enough to fit our bags. I felt it was clean. Not a party type atmosphere and far from city center.

There is a lot of good things to say about this hostel - the main thing being that the staff are unreal. They were always smiling and willing to help out in any way. I do have to mention that although there are 7 or 8 wifi servers, a good connection is almost impossible in the rooms. Therefore, all the guests head to the common area where they don't talk to each other because they're taking advantage of finally being able to use the wifi. Overall - really great place. I'll be back!

Ok so this is a difficult one for me, I can definitely say that this hostel is spotless loads of facilities etc. but for me as a solo traveller, I didn't meet anyone. This is your typical big chain hostel, which ends up being more like a hostel that you share a room with strangers. there is nothing wrong with the hostel itself, but it lacks the life and soul of the hostels I love. its too big for me, and the atmosphere is average at best.

This place had a really great atmosphere, particularly at night. There's a great bar area and many places to sit and meet others, even though the place is quite large. The rooms are very basic, with no aircon, but beds were fairly comfortable. Bathroom was basic, but I did encounter a cleaner several times during the stay, so I know they're pretty hygienic. Overall, if you're just looking for a basic bed in a great area and the chance to meet others, I would definitely recommend this place!

A good hostel with excellent facilities. Will stay in this hostel if I'm going to Munich again.

the pillows in smart stay were AWESOME although it was pretty far from where everything was happening, about a 10 minute walk from the train station. it was fine for my 1 night stay in Munich.

a bit on the pricy side ut a good hostel. great vibe and awesome bar. close to the city center and all in all a good vibe. rooms were clean and the bathrooms were wonderful! very cool place to stay

This hostel was great. The staff helped with directions and any additional information that I needed. Munich is amazing!

After staying in a hostel far away from the centre of munich we chose to move to this hostel so it was easier for a night out. It is in a good location next to a "u" subway station, but not really walkable from the city centre. It was a lovely and clean hostel with lots of space for each guest (I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm). There were lockers for each person but you need to bring your own padlock. Wifi was good but you had to change networks every now and again.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Nice hostel in the heart of Munich. Very clean. Very comfy. Nice price.

Very clean, great showers and pretty good location.

Luggage wouldn't fit in the reserved "security" area (which is below the lower bed in the bunk bed). Not easy to get stuff from there if someone is sleeping in that bed. The 6-people room wasn't very clean at arrival, but OK. Expensive, all in all. Kitchen was dirty (no one seemed to check if it was clean), no detergent, and you had to ask for stuff to cook in the front desk 2 floors below, and leave an ID or money. WiFi signal OK, but annoying logins every time. Not very friendly processes.

Had a great time! I loved how late the bar was open downstairs, it really led to some great opportunities to meet people. The hostel is super far from the train station so make sure you call and ask then about a bus that you can take which is much nicer than that long walk with your huge backpack. Otherwise, the underground station is right next to the hostel so getting to the center isn't a problem at all

It is in a good location, and the beds are nice and all is clean. However, it was lacking the "hostel" atmosphere of most places I've been to. Great to be alone, but if you're looking to meet anyone you're SOL for the most part. That is also the vibe I got from Munich, so there is that. I'd skip the breakfast downstairs and just get coffee and something from a bakery.