Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Good hostel, clean, walking distance from central station and close to u-bahn. I liked that the beds were made upon arrival. Wifi is free and worked good enough. My room was spacey. I would recommend this hostel.

Nice lobby area which was needed to charge phones/camera batteries bc there were only a few outlets in a room for 10. People at the desk were very kind and helpful! Just beware this is a party hostel. If you're looking for a place to relax after long days of taking in the sights, this might not be for you. Luckily I had respectful roommates. Lobby got loud with drunk kids at night. Only problem was with security of luggage room. They handed the key out to anyone, w/o checking booking or name.

We loved staying here! The staff was really cool and the bar was fun to hang out at when we didn't feel like leaving the hostel!

My friend and I stayed here, and it was kinda awkward. The physical building and facilities are nice, but the atmosphere is weird. It's not a social hostel. Which we were hoping for. Otherwise it's an ok place. It gets the job done.

Felt more like a hotel but the bar was cool and the breakfast was nice. Good location as well.

I couldn't access wifi in that time. Bad signal and too much slow speed wifi. Unkind staff

The staff were wonderful and very helpful however I was in a room at the end of the hall and there was no wifi in my room which kind of sucked. The location was okay, it was a bit of a walk to the city center but it was located between two different subway stations

The Staff was friendly and the location central with good access to public transport. BUT: The internet connection / Wifi at the hostel is extremely slow, that its pretty much useless and the "connection keeps timing out". The Bathroom Floor in my 8 Dorm was sticky, the flush of the Toilet did not work properly and there were not many power plugs to charge my phone. You had to purchase locks at the counter for 2€, if you want to lock your luggage. Sadly they were all gone when i needed one.

• 19th May 2015

It was a good hostel. It was clean and the staff was friendly. They have a nice bar area an free wifi. The location is a little furthere from the old city center, it takes at least 25 minutes to walk there. My only other complaint is that the cleaning crew came in my room while I was still there and changed the sheets of my bed before I had checked out--I still had an hour until checkout time. Other than that it was a comfortable stay.

The wifi could work better. It's not good because you have to put the password every time. Bad thing! And it worked ok in my room on the 1st floor. Hairdryer in the bathroom was a good thing.

I've had better, I've had worse. Decent last minute booking. I'd stay again if I had to.

It was much cleaner than I anticipated and was prepared for the poor internet connection. But the staff were really friendly and the hostel was next to good restaurants and the city.

probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at

The buffet breakfast is quite highly priced for what's on offer but the hostel itself is well located, clean and comfortable. Good for a no-frills stay!

I loved this hostel! The beds were super comfy. The rooms were very spacious. The shower was very nice and clean. The wifi worked great!

I hope the wifi is faster and the breakfast menu is more diverse.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

A bit far from the train station though the distance is still acceptable. I was in an ensuite room and the toilet is clean, though the cleanliness in the room can be improved. The bar in the hostel is certainly the best part of my experience though - good price and good atmosphere!!

I would go again!!! it was the best hostel that I stayed for a really good price. really nice that are hostels like this where you fell really glad.

• 10th May 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel was quite expensive for a basic dormitory bed the night I stayed. The breakfast was okay but a little expensive considering how limited in variety and cheap the products are. It is a large hostel and lacks charm and personality. The rooms and building were clean and the staff at the front desk friendly and helpful.

The wifi really sucks! The signal is poor in many areas (including inside the dorms) and you have to login with a provided account and password every time because it logs you off after 3-5 mins of inactivation...