Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Great location - a bit far from the train station but definitely a better area / safer to walk around at night. Hostel itself is clean and comfy, with a nice bar downstairs.

The Minus: The cleaning staff does an awful job, our bathroom (for 8 people) was a mess for at least 3 days (already since I've arrived), dirty towels on the floor, dirty plastic bags, and the cleaning staff simply didn't clean that. Also there was rotten food on the beddroom from previous guests and they simply let that lying around for a full week. I complained twice but all they did was remove the dirty towels. 0 organised activities for guests. WiFi is bad. The Plus: The bar and the bedrooms

It was the best stay i had!! Really recommend to any other travellers.

This hostel had the most unwelcoming staff, especially when compared to other hostels. The staff member I dealt with almost came off as rude. He was not very helpful. The other staff members weren't that great either. It felt like they didn't want to work there. The hostel facilities were decent, nothing really stood out. Hostel definitely need to conduct social activities. There is no sense of community there.

Everything is fine except wifi.

Atmosphere was great at the downstairs bar!. Really good location, near public transports. Staff was really nice and the beds also very comfy.

Good location right next to metro or short walk to central station/town centre. Big room with nice bathroom and lockers. Staff not very welcoming but perhaps would be if asked more.

Advertised a a backpacker hostel but not ideal for backpackers. Breakfast is expensive and the kitchen is tiny (only fits 3 people). You have to hire everything if you want to use the kitchen which is inconvenient. This hostel is fine if you only want a bed

We enjoyed our stay with you. The wifi was pretty horrible, though. Very unreliable, reliable internet is so important to travellers so this must improve. I also didn't know there was a kitchen at the hostel until I stumbled upon it, which I would've loved to use during my stay.

This place really has the vibe of a hotel. Good bar with cheap beer. Common area at reception is the only place you will get wifi, not a big deal. Well located. Overall it's average, not very social as it is so large and feels like a hotel that just added bunk beds to the rooms instead.

Really good hostel!!! So many activities, good enviroment, nice people!

I loved the locker space and stability of the bunk beds. The pillows were also very comfortable. I just wish the wifi worked well in the rooms. I did appreciate the common area though where the wifi did work.

Perhaps run some social events, and some more info on things to do would be good, Internet was annoying, otherwise, comfortable place to stay!

Freindly down to earth team.. no hassle 24 hour service, very happy, perfect for what i needed thank you.

• 29th May 2015

Good hostel, clean, walking distance from central station and close to u-bahn. I liked that the beds were made upon arrival. Wifi is free and worked good enough. My room was spacey. I would recommend this hostel.

Nice lobby area which was needed to charge phones/camera batteries bc there were only a few outlets in a room for 10. People at the desk were very kind and helpful! Just beware this is a party hostel. If you're looking for a place to relax after long days of taking in the sights, this might not be for you. Luckily I had respectful roommates. Lobby got loud with drunk kids at night. Only problem was with security of luggage room. They handed the key out to anyone, w/o checking booking or name.

We loved staying here! The staff was really cool and the bar was fun to hang out at when we didn't feel like leaving the hostel!

My friend and I stayed here, and it was kinda awkward. The physical building and facilities are nice, but the atmosphere is weird. It's not a social hostel. Which we were hoping for. Otherwise it's an ok place. It gets the job done.

Felt more like a hotel but the bar was cool and the breakfast was nice. Good location as well.

I couldn't access wifi in that time. Bad signal and too much slow speed wifi. Unkind staff