Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

GOOD: Staff, bar, breakfast. BAD: Terrible Internet system, had to log in a million times to get something done. No lockers inside the room for the luggage. Location is good as it's 50m from a subway station, but not so near the main attractions of the city to walk.

The bar had a really nice and friendly atmosphere which made it easy to chat and get to know other travellers. Shops, bars and good restaurants were in close proximity.

Great stay at this hostel, very nice atmosphere, a lot of stuff going on at ground floor where there's a big pool table, bar and fusball table, so that a lot of younger guests gather there at night and there's a lot of fun to be had. The rooms are nice, nothing spectacular - ours was a little too dark and cramped - but it did have ensuite bathroom and lockers which are a nice perk. The kitchen is great but it's way too small for the couple hundred guests of the hostel.

I would recommend trying to take the city train to the hostel. There is a stop very close by and the walk from the train station is long! The room was nice and clean. The staff weren't very helpful unfortunately. Also, the wifi signal is horrible.

Very big and busy hostel in a nice neighbourhood of Munich, not too far from the city centre and right next to the Oktoberfest venue. Rooms are very functional with nigh indestructible furniture. All facilities are available, albeit it sometimes at a (low) price. Free wifi was not great at all though, with a combination of an awful login system, a weak signal and a very low transfer rate. But all in all recommended for a stay in Munich.

Only spent one night here but it seemed really nice. 15 min walk from train station. The front staff were really nice. Stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it had plenty of space and seemed very clean.

It has been my second stay at this Hostel. I really enjoyed it, `cos the staff is really nice and front desk is open 24/7. The bar`s outstanding and pretty cheap, there is always something going on. Since my last stay, there `ve been some improvements, the whole hostel was re-painted in a nice brownish color and the WiFi has become free of charge, it is available in rooms as well. They also have a pool table and a table football, which is awsome. Good atmosphere, lovely people, will re-visit!

A bit pricey for what you get, and it had a weird smell. Wifi was good in the lobby, and the bar had a good atmostphere to meet people. Overall I was satisfied with my stay.

This place was clean, recently renovated, attractively decorated, and really close to everything we wanted to do in Munich. My only complaint would be the one everyone else is mentioning. the free wifi was terrible. We barely connected from our rooms and couldn't upload pictures or do much surfing. On-site parking was super convenient and there's a laundry mat a block away. Would definitely stay here again.

Pretty good place overall, it is just a hotel room with extra beds inside so its a nice setup for a hostel. The only thing that really bothered me was that the internet didnt work in my room. It is definitely free though, but I can tell that is only a recent change.

Great staff, especially Daniel who was very nice and helpful, he even came to fix our broken window even though he was a bartender. Bunks were not the best and really creaky, but still nice. Lockers, closet with hangars and shelves in the dorm. Good location with restaurants right next to it.

About a 10 minute walk from the main train station/subway station. Super nice staff. Kitchen available, awesome common room, laundry facilities, luggage storage, clean bathrooms. We stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm that had the biggest size bunk beds I've ever stayed in (awesome!).

Only got to stay here for one night but would've happily stayed longer, felt more like a hotel than a hostel, our room was big and spacious and we had our own bathroom. Bar was lovely too

I have sent a mail due to financial debit situations and until now I received no reply... I would like to kindly ask your justification related to a debit of 105 Euros knowning that I have paid everyting in the Hostel. Thanks in advance for your reply. Angela NRosa

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Nice hostel. Rooms were spacious, clean and had comfortable beds. Bar is very good and cheap. 2 minute walk from U-Bahn station or you can walk 20 minutes to the centre of the city.

Nice place. Ended up being quite pricey. There was a large group of very young and noisy kids when we stayed which was a bit annoying. Bed was super comfortable and location pretty good

Comfortable, friendly staff, just a little noisy sometimes at night if you are living above the bars downstairs.

• 19th Jul 2014

This was an odd hostel - there's no other way to put it. The kitchen was filthy, and if you want to cook anything you have to hire pans from the reception and leave a security deposit. The wifi is free although the wifi codes expire every 24 hours. The common area wasn't all that sociable, and it seemed to be mainly school trips staying here. Our bathroom was permanently flooded because the drain didn't work. Considering the price, I think this hostel is a bit of a rip off.

Location, facilities and staff were great. Staff were cordial, warm and helpful. They all speak English which is required. The room rates were too high on Saturday night even with 8 people sharing a dorm. The bathrooms were not clean enough. I didn't see the room being swept at all. Only sheets are changed. Neither are the bathrooms. These need daily cleaning especially when shared. The rooms desperately need fans. It was super hot inside in July. They need to make some arrangements.

Great location however wasn't as clean as expected and security was poor as there was nowhere to keep valuables safe. However friendly staff who were always willing to help.