Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Besides the great location, we would not necessarily recommend the place. We were staying at the hostel for two nights (Saturday and Sunday) and could hardly sleep the first night. Doors are being slammed every 5 minutes and in general the place is very badly insulated. When someone talks on the hallways, it sounds like they are standing in your room. The staff is not really looking out for silence on the floors at night and could not offer us any compensation for the terrible night we had.

• 3rd May 2014

Clean, staff is ok . I had a 8 person dorm. There was only one bath/shower combined room. Design flaw because you can wait up to 2 hours to use the bathroom if you have to wait for others. No other public bathrooms elsewhere on the floor. You'd have to go down to the lobby. No security lockers. They placed 3 other very sick clients in my room. This of course made me sick, cost money for medicine and a week where I was laid up. Put sick people in their own dorm or make them pay for a private.

One of the best hostel I stayed. It is close to the main city points, the building is new, clean and modern. The staff is cheerful, helpful and always offer good tips. The free walking tour is totally worthwhile. Besides, I lost my cellphone and I was able to find it which is not frequent these days. Totally recommend Mosaic.

It was the night of the Legendary Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Soccer game… so it was packed in the lobby and bar and really loud. I arrived in the middle of the game and it took sometime to get help at the front desk because the staff were right out side the front door having a cigaret break! It didn't have the travelers atmosphere I like about hostels. Internet isn't free however cheaply priced. You need to rent a lock for your locker.

The breakfast was great, and it the lounge space was great to relax in. Even though there was no wifi in the rooms, the lounge space was more than good enough to sit in and use the internet.

Bed bugs! We noticed them on the last day when we were taking off our sheets! Do not stay here! Besides that, the facilities are disgusting (we were in an 8-person dorm and they did not clean our bathroom because someone was in there when the cleaning crew came by) and we saw them re-using dirty trash bags as well. While the staff are friendly, the front desk is constantly undermanned. Expect to wait if you need help. Also, you have to pay for the terrible internet. Worst hostel experience yet

• 20th Apr 2014

Perfectly fine hostel. Staff was helpful.

Very good and quiet position, in front of a metro stop but also 20 min walking from centre. Quality/price rate was very good. Room was enough clean and personnel at reception were always available on helping you. I slept in 6 bed dormitory, I think the bathroom is really too small, and I suggest to put a mirror in the room. The rest is ok. Marco

Enjoyed my stay of 5 nights here. Great location and good happy hour drinks. Breakfast was a little over priced and not consistent. Some days fruit and boiled eggs, other days not. All in all a good place to stay.

This Hostel was probably the best one I have stayed in Europe.The rooms are spacy and bright. There are also lockers in the room, you need a padlock though.The location is close to downtown and the beer gardens, but this hostel has a pretty good bar too.I met some English lads there and we watched a game,'cos they have SKY Sports in the lobby.They also do happy hours at the bar,the atmosphere was very good, they have a pool table and a footballer. Staff is nice&multilingual.Will visit it again!

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Dirty, smelled really bad, kitchen is okay but you have to rent everything from the reception and it isn't very clean. Have to pay for internet. Staff is friendly but the hostel itself is not very good. cheapest hostel I could find, but you get what you pay for

The rooms have places to place your luggage, but not the ability to lock them up individually. This surprised me and made me feel mildly uncomfortable.

all in all we had a very nice stay. the staff were lovely and there's an Ubahn next to the hostel which was great. few problems tho: the sheets are not changed (not even before our arrival), there is no security (there a locked luggage room outside), and absolutely (and unfortunately) NO atmosphere. preety dead all day long. if you are there, talk to Rodrigo, Joel, and Danni. very nice people from the staff!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Israel
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I'm glad that I chose this hostel. The staff was very helpfull, clean and nice room.... It is obvious that this hostel is professionally managed.... Location is great, 3 minutes walking to goethe station. I also like the surroundings, some restaurants and bars, but not so noisy nor crowded. Definitely will choose this hostel again next time😉

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Would have liked to have at least some soap to wash my hands otherwise good value for money. Nice and helpful staff, clean rooms. Location also very convenient.

• 1st Apr 2014

A decent hostel in an okay location

Was nice and clean, but cold water..

we had no hot water for our entire time at the hostel and the staff didn't seem to care about it. Cleaners were quite rude, if we were still in the room and they wanted to clean. One cleaner tried to go to the bathroom when we said there was someone inside!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Wales

I only stayed one night, but weirdly you have to put a deposit to borrow some cooking gear, which is mighty inconvenient if you just want a cup of tea!

Only issue was the wi-fi wasn't fantastic. Not every part of our 6-bed dorm had it. Other than that though, excellent place! Nice and open lobby with a very helpful front desk. Comfortable beds and nice amenities in the room (good shower, and complimentary shower gel).