Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

I have sent a mail due to financial debit situations and until now I received no reply... I would like to kindly ask your justification related to a debit of 105 Euros knowning that I have paid everyting in the Hostel. Thanks in advance for your reply. Angela NRosa

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Nice hostel. Rooms were spacious, clean and had comfortable beds. Bar is very good and cheap. 2 minute walk from U-Bahn station or you can walk 20 minutes to the centre of the city.

Nice place. Ended up being quite pricey. There was a large group of very young and noisy kids when we stayed which was a bit annoying. Bed was super comfortable and location pretty good

Comfortable, friendly staff, just a little noisy sometimes at night if you are living above the bars downstairs.

• 19th Jul 2014

This was an odd hostel - there's no other way to put it. The kitchen was filthy, and if you want to cook anything you have to hire pans from the reception and leave a security deposit. The wifi is free although the wifi codes expire every 24 hours. The common area wasn't all that sociable, and it seemed to be mainly school trips staying here. Our bathroom was permanently flooded because the drain didn't work. Considering the price, I think this hostel is a bit of a rip off.

Location, facilities and staff were great. Staff were cordial, warm and helpful. They all speak English which is required. The room rates were too high on Saturday night even with 8 people sharing a dorm. The bathrooms were not clean enough. I didn't see the room being swept at all. Only sheets are changed. Neither are the bathrooms. These need daily cleaning especially when shared. The rooms desperately need fans. It was super hot inside in July. They need to make some arrangements.

Great location however wasn't as clean as expected and security was poor as there was nowhere to keep valuables safe. However friendly staff who were always willing to help.

Decent hostel. Is still doing some renovations. Helpful staff and good location. I found it a little expensive for a basic backpackers hostel but overall no major complaints.

I enjoyed my stay and the happy hour beers.

Nice hostel with extremely friendly staff with good communication skills. I liked the happy hour in the hostel bar, the proximity to nearby restaurants as well as the metro. I would recommend.

• 15th Jul 2014

They charge for the wifi, very high prices.

The hostel is good, with free wifi actually and free sandwich. The staff is friendly also.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good place, but way over priced!!!!! They can do it because of the newer facilities, and it was World Cup weekend so I get it… Find something cheaper

• 10th Jul 2014

Really missed breakfast in the morning, especially for the price. Hostel was easy to find, but in a slightly sketchy area. I'm a solo female traveler, so I wanted to be in the hostel before 9 every night...things got weird around the area after that point. Great atmosphere, free WiFi was very much appreciated. Bring your own lock for lockers!

Nice place, not far from the downtown. The bar in the lobby is fun, especially for watching the World Cup semifinals. The rooms are clean, the staff are very helpful, and while it is not a long walk to the downtown area, there is a metro stop less than a block away.

Smart Stay is not an accurate name. Downstairs common area was uninviting, albeit packed. Doesn't feel comfortable meeting people. Wifi cost wasn't terrible, but why isn't it included/free? Staff also didn't tell me about what I could expect or experience. Nothing about the breakfast, towels, how to get around. Felt very much like I was being processed

• 6th Jul 2014

A good hostel on an easy walk-distance from HBF and city centre. Breakfast and WiFi not included, which is something to think about. Lockers were too small for back-packs, but the room otherwise spacious with own bathroom, toilet. The quality of the beds could be improved, the guy next to me fell through his bed when the bottom broke...

This place offers a good deal for munich prices, however the 8 bed dorms are not so clean as they should be..especially for their price..a lot of things like internet and breakfast was on extra charge so ask before you decide..

It is far away from train station, I would not recommend to arrive at night, I needed to walk to an area seemed a red district and group of men drinking. Some staff could be more friendly.

Building was under construction. Our shower did not drain properly. However, it was fine as a place to sleep after exploring the city.