Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

This hostel kinda sucks there is no place to sit outside, the shower drain was clogged with pubes and you have to pay money for horrible wifi. One nice thing is that it has a cigarette vending machine

Thanks guys, will stay here again,

The bar and lounge area allows for a lot of socialising with other guests and the hostel itself is close to Marienplatz which allows for an easy journey into a cultural party of the city as well as being in a convenient location when travelling from the main train station. The internet had to be paid for but it wasn't that bad of a price and was still very strong when in the room.

Amazing hostel, i would definitely go back there!

It was really great and I will not hesitate to recommend your hostel to friends or relatives. It was a wonderful stay. I thought I was at home. Very calm, clean with such a competent staff. Good Service indeed! Great work and Team!

Place wasn't really a hostel and didn't have much vibe to it really downstairs. Rooms were fine albeit really hot even though it was cold outside (even without the heaters on) so we had to leave the windows open at night or suffer through the heat. This meant mosquitos so got eaten alive. All in all it was an alright place but I'll likely try to find another place next time.

Decent place to stay in Munich. Close to the city center and a cheap place to stay. Atmosphere isn't the best if you are a solo traveler.

I usually expect for free WiFi and breakfast, what was not the case.

Hostel was close to a train station so getting to the city center was easy. The rooms don't have electrical outlets by every bed. You have to pay for wifi and It keeps disconnecting periodically. Still a good place.

You have to pay for wifi, which sucks. Other than that it's good!

Nice facilities but not a great or social atmosphere. Must pay for wifi which sucks because the hostel is already overpriced. Decent location but check in took forever.

Why pay for wifi?

The only real problem we found is that its not as social as other hostels, a lot of the other hostels we stayed at facilitated meeting other travelers like a common area with large open areas so you could meet people easily, other than that it was great, clean, great location, clost to U-Bahn and tourist attractions and cheap drinks

• 25th Jun 2014

Good hostel, fun scene pretty much every night around their bar/lounge. Close to metro stop so easy to get around, but priciest hostel we stayed at in all of Europe but if you can afford it I'd recommend it for sure.

The lobby is nice and updated. Right when you walk to the stairs you see the trash and filth. They are currently going under "renovation and construction". Even so there was no attempt to make the hostel look like it was habitable. I felt I was living in a abandoned building. The hostel charges you for wifi. It did not work in the room. I stayed at Wombats which is not only nicer but cheaper and closer the Munich Hbf. I would not stay here again.

We were here for two nights. Nice place, felt like a hotel but we met some cool people in our room. A 10-15ish minute walk to marienplatz. Had to pay for wifi, but it's super cheap and was reliable.

It was a great hostel experience. Had a nice bar and lounge area downstairs. Luggage storage was nice and the rooms were clean. Wifi was not free.

Stayed on the newly renovated 5th floor. Would've loved a soap dispenser in our bathroom. And a much better drain, the water pressure in the shower was great but the shower drained really slowly. Wifi wasn't too bad but it wasn't free and kicked me off when I moved from room to common room. Common room/bar was enough, I think. Watched some World Cup games and made a few friends.

the lockers are small so you can not leave your whole bag in there only the most important things. The hostel itself turns into a bar at night. i would not recommend for solo travelers as you do not get to meet many people, also if you are not into partying etc, but not going to be a great place to stay, however the rooms were very clean and there were no noise problems as i was on the 4th floor. the staff were very helpful and were able to move me to a different room when i asked to change!

I'm not one to complain or even take the time to do reviews but to save you the trouble there are so many better places to stay. Staff never there and not helpful. Showers do not drain. Hotel under construction for the last two years. Wifi is expensive. Breakfast overrated. Poor tv placement in the bar. Deposit for everything (spoon,bowl,pot or pan, pool stick, fusball ball) don't stay here

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »