Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

Really great stay for me and my 7 friends, we will definately go back here. Great facilities, great atmosphere and good rooms. I wouldn't recommend this hostel for absolute lager louts, we may have been a group of guys but we're not particularly loud or boisterous, they would clamp down on that.

Pretty typical fare when looking at large hostels. Bit far from the center but alright price and everything you expect is here. Wifi is a little dicky at times. Bathrooms in all the rooms is nice but it seems that they were cleaned less often and were dirty. Bar is nice and surprisingly social for such a large place, met some cool people. By far the worst though is the desk staff. They are usually smoking / socializing out front, had to go bother one of them to check out!!

The hostel is OK. It's not bad, it's not super. Breakfast is good, but you have to pay 5.90 for it. The bar is a good thing, they have drinks and food, and it's nice to chill out and meet people. Staff is ok, too. Location is good, it's just two U-Bahn stations from Hauptbanhof and from Marienplatz (and you can go to both places by walking, if you want to, it's a 15 minutes walk).

Good stay. Very close to the subway for easy transport to Marienplatz. Clean rooms and bed.

I found that this hostel was a bit on the wrong end of the city from where everything was going on, and we had to use the Metro or walk a few kilometers to get anywhere. I felt this should not have been an experience necessary in a city like Munich which ultimately isn't a big city to tourist. Otherwise a fine but not outstanding hostel.

The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in a hostel and the rooms were relatively clean. However, there were not enough power sockets in the room and the shared kitchen was in a pretty terrible state.

I feel like a 66% is a little low because the hostel isn't bad. It is clean and safe and the location, although a little far, is nice and convenient to the station and city center. But I cannot improve the score because I was the only girl in a room full of boys who were over 30 and the bathroom was not clean and smelled terrible. The bar downstairs was nice and prices were reasonable. You get what you pay for. If you are a girl make sure you are in an all girls dorm.

I would definitely stay again: lounge area perfect for solo travelers to meet new people (bar/pool table), drinks are cheap, staff is very friendly when you ask them questions or where to go, the rooms feel very clean, and it's very easy to get to and get around the city from. The only problem: the lockers in the rooms should be cleaned out when people leave, there was hair and dust in them. Other than that, everything was great!

One of the best hostels stayed at, ticks all the boxes.

Pretty good hostel, clean they had a kitchen the staff was helpful. The internet set up is kind of stupid, you have to get a new username and password at the front desk every 24 hours but they had a pool table.its right by the underground but you can walk to the center of the city in like 20 minutes if your on a budget or its a nice day.

WiFi signal was very poor, but everything else was nice! Cheap beer on the bar in the ground floor.

Great location. easy access to good restaurants and great atmosphere for backpackers to interact

• 18th Feb 2015

Pros: The rooms were very spacious with a separate room to place luggage and coats. The cleaning staff do an amazing job. Cons: most horrible kitchen in 70+ hostels I stayed in. VERY dirty. Mouldy food in overhead cupboards. Disgusting walls. SO small. Ppl had to sit in stairway to eat dinner as not enough room for everyone. Always crowded at dinner time. Had to pay at reception (€20) to rent kitchen equipment! Very inconvenient. reception not friendly. Wifi sooo bad!

Key cards are good security, but each day we had to replace cards as they stopped working. Location required metro to reach city centre. Staff were helpful, and promptly fixed issues. Big common area and bar, which had an alright atmosphere. Very clean. The stove in the kitchen took ages to heat up. Took us a couple hours to cook pasta. Each day you need a new login code for WIFI. WIFI drops out every 15min, so you're forever trying to log in. Lots of routers but they don't always come up.

I letf my debit card, When i came back at my home town i realized, and i call to the hostel. They found it and told me that i can pick it up or that they could send me the card my mail. That defenitly proves the quality of the people that works there. The beds are confortable and warm,nothing is dirty at all highly recomend!, but be aware of the check out guy.

They give us only toilet paper, not soap or shampoo or slipper for bathroom. Because i have seen lots of hostels, i think the hostel doesnt value for money

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »