Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

It was a pretty nice hostel. Biggest downfall was you have to pay for WiFi and since you're paying you'd expect it to work in the rooms, right? Well you'd be lucky if you got a signal. It's located near the train station and near a ubahn station if your feet needed a rest from walking all the way to the city centre. Staff were nice. Facilities were nice although there was mold in the showers. Liked that the bathroom was located in the room, that was a plus.

Very convenient location for anyone looking to partake in either the Frühlingsfest or the Oktoberfest that takes place in Munich. Walkable distance from the Munich Central train station (and Goetheplatz U-bahn exit is extremely close for access to the rest of the city). There's a bar downstairs that pretty convenient to start the night. Good facilities, though paying for WiFi was a little annoying.

Goood Bar and stuff But not good beside price

Rooms were big and we had plenty of room to spread out. I would say it was pretty average. The bathroom in our room reeked of urine for the 3 days we were there and you had to pay for wifi which was a pain and the staff wasn't very helpful on recommending things to do around the city but besides those thing, everything was good. Not great, but not bad at all.

No free wifi isn't good when all other hostels I've stayed have this feature. The cost of the breakfast was 2 € more than another hostel nearby and it wasn't as any better. The shower in the bathroom was blocked, there was mould on the walls in the bathroom.

Hostel was ok, I don't think it was worth the price we paid. There wasn't much of an atmosphere and the rooms weren't very clean.

Its perfect to go party if you are young

Very clean, very nice people, and a good location in Munich.

Rooms were large, but there were few eletricity points per room (actually, one in the room and one in the bathroom for 8 people). There are no lockers available for everyone in the room.

When we arrived at the hostel we were not served for ages as there was a change over of staff. This was unneccessarily long. The noise level of the music at reception was too loud, and noise levels outside at night were very high too. Wifi should have been free too.

Hostel was about a 15-20 min walk to the main station but there was a train and bus stop at the corner. It's pretty centrally located and fairly simple accommodations. There are a lot of people though ranging from solo travelers to families with children. They charge for wifi and sometimes things aren't always very clean but you deal with it cause it's hostel life. I only really slept there but there is a bar, pool table and lounge for socializing.

Besides the great location, we would not necessarily recommend the place. We were staying at the hostel for two nights (Saturday and Sunday) and could hardly sleep the first night. Doors are being slammed every 5 minutes and in general the place is very badly insulated. When someone talks on the hallways, it sounds like they are standing in your room. The staff is not really looking out for silence on the floors at night and could not offer us any compensation for the terrible night we had.

• 3rd May 2014

Clean, staff is ok . I had a 8 person dorm. There was only one bath/shower combined room. Design flaw because you can wait up to 2 hours to use the bathroom if you have to wait for others. No other public bathrooms elsewhere on the floor. You'd have to go down to the lobby. No security lockers. They placed 3 other very sick clients in my room. This of course made me sick, cost money for medicine and a week where I was laid up. Put sick people in their own dorm or make them pay for a private.

One of the best hostel I stayed. It is close to the main city points, the building is new, clean and modern. The staff is cheerful, helpful and always offer good tips. The free walking tour is totally worthwhile. Besides, I lost my cellphone and I was able to find it which is not frequent these days. Totally recommend Mosaic.

It was the night of the Legendary Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid Soccer game… so it was packed in the lobby and bar and really loud. I arrived in the middle of the game and it took sometime to get help at the front desk because the staff were right out side the front door having a cigaret break! It didn't have the travelers atmosphere I like about hostels. Internet isn't free however cheaply priced. You need to rent a lock for your locker.

The breakfast was great, and it the lounge space was great to relax in. Even though there was no wifi in the rooms, the lounge space was more than good enough to sit in and use the internet.

Bed bugs! We noticed them on the last day when we were taking off our sheets! Do not stay here! Besides that, the facilities are disgusting (we were in an 8-person dorm and they did not clean our bathroom because someone was in there when the cleaning crew came by) and we saw them re-using dirty trash bags as well. While the staff are friendly, the front desk is constantly undermanned. Expect to wait if you need help. Also, you have to pay for the terrible internet. Worst hostel experience yet

• 20th Apr 2014

Perfectly fine hostel. Staff was helpful.

Very good and quiet position, in front of a metro stop but also 20 min walking from centre. Quality/price rate was very good. Room was enough clean and personnel at reception were always available on helping you. I slept in 6 bed dormitory, I think the bathroom is really too small, and I suggest to put a mirror in the room. The rest is ok. Marco

Enjoyed my stay of 5 nights here. Great location and good happy hour drinks. Breakfast was a little over priced and not consistent. Some days fruit and boiled eggs, other days not. All in all a good place to stay.