Smart Stay Hostel Munich City Reviews

Mozartstr. 4, 80336, Munich, Germany

I stayed 2 nights, but was booked in for 3. A guy smoked in my dorm out the windows. Telling staff did little to prevent it from reoccurring. Kitchen is very small but enough if there is no one else using it. Bathroom floor always had water everywhere (need a bath mat or towel at least). Wifi annoying with constant logging in.

Overall this was a decent hostel. The beds were really comfortable and it was in a pretty good location, but my stay was hampered by poor wifi, and lack of bathrooms and power outlets. My wifi didn't work in my room and you needed a new password every 24 hours which was inconvenient. While it was nice to have an en suite bathroom, there was one bathroom for 6 girls which meant you had to wait awhile for it usually. Finally, there were hardly any outlets in my room, which again was inconvenient

The overall experience is good. The only problem is the wifi not working well and needed to be logged in every time you use the internet after a short break which is not that convenient.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • China

The hostel was good for what I paid for. The staff were friendly and helpful. The entrance is a little bit sketchy but overall the atmosphere is nice. The only problem I found was that noise in the hallway echos very loudly and you can here it inside your room. This is a great stay if your going to be out in the city all day. It is minutes from the main areas of Munich and public transportation is less than a minute away.

• 20th Mar 2015

Good value to stay, location and staff are wonderful, and most important have met some great friends.

+ The beds were really comfortable! - Few sockets to charge appliances! + Quite central in terms of location! - The floor of my room was quite dirty all the time I was there!

the beds dont have private light. girls always leave the room in a mess.

It contains everything you need for a stay in Munich, and the staff was helpful on top of that

• 15th Mar 2015

This is a great option: comfy beds, fast wifi that reaches throughout the building (several hotspots), and really awesome water pressure in the showers. Maybe 15 minutes walking to the central train station, 20 to get to the center Marienplatz where the walking tours start. Very safe, very clean, friendly staff.

Fun atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, clean and modern rooms, but a bit of mold in the shower. Beds were so comfy though.

Really great stay for me and my 7 friends, we will definately go back here. Great facilities, great atmosphere and good rooms. I wouldn't recommend this hostel for absolute lager louts, we may have been a group of guys but we're not particularly loud or boisterous, they would clamp down on that.

Pretty typical fare when looking at large hostels. Bit far from the center but alright price and everything you expect is here. Wifi is a little dicky at times. Bathrooms in all the rooms is nice but it seems that they were cleaned less often and were dirty. Bar is nice and surprisingly social for such a large place, met some cool people. By far the worst though is the desk staff. They are usually smoking / socializing out front, had to go bother one of them to check out!!

The hostel is OK. It's not bad, it's not super. Breakfast is good, but you have to pay 5.90 for it. The bar is a good thing, they have drinks and food, and it's nice to chill out and meet people. Staff is ok, too. Location is good, it's just two U-Bahn stations from Hauptbanhof and from Marienplatz (and you can go to both places by walking, if you want to, it's a 15 minutes walk).

Good stay. Very close to the subway for easy transport to Marienplatz. Clean rooms and bed.

I found that this hostel was a bit on the wrong end of the city from where everything was going on, and we had to use the Metro or walk a few kilometers to get anywhere. I felt this should not have been an experience necessary in a city like Munich which ultimately isn't a big city to tourist. Otherwise a fine but not outstanding hostel.

The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in a hostel and the rooms were relatively clean. However, there were not enough power sockets in the room and the shared kitchen was in a pretty terrible state.

I feel like a 66% is a little low because the hostel isn't bad. It is clean and safe and the location, although a little far, is nice and convenient to the station and city center. But I cannot improve the score because I was the only girl in a room full of boys who were over 30 and the bathroom was not clean and smelled terrible. The bar downstairs was nice and prices were reasonable. You get what you pay for. If you are a girl make sure you are in an all girls dorm.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »