Sol Atacama Hostel Reviews

Ignacio Carrera Pinto 664, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

alejandro, the permanent worker there, is themost amazing person ever! he took care of us so well, reminding us of drinking enough water, checking our clothes in the morning to give us more jackets so we wont feel cold, and always up for a good conversation or a glass of wine. the rooms are nice,the double especially, the kitchen is tiny and there could be more equipment but its fine for breakfast and pasta. the shower is tricky, i have to admit, but its really the only thing i would change.

Great value hostel! Toilets and showers always very clean. Nice, chilled out atmosphere. Only 5 minute walk from main street with all the restaurants and travel agencies.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Scotland

The owner was really nice, gave us tips for restaurants etc...we stayed in the double room, which was huge and clean. Your also given a front door key so you can come and go as you please, it also makes the place feel secure. The kitchen was a little dirty and lacked in facilities, but its cheap for san pedro so you cant expect much more. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this hostel to our friends.

Staff is very nice, hostel is 10 minutes away from the center of the small town and the central bus station is only a 3 minute walk away. Only negative thing (if you are allergic) is that a cat is running around, also in the bedrooms and bathrooms. All in all a cool hostel, can recommend staying there.

Worst place ever. The owner has a really bad attitude and seems unprofessional. No sleep, a lot of noise. Not cool if you are going out on a tour 4am. Cats in beds, no space in dorm, nasty kitchen, cold or REALLY hot shower, slow wifi in a small area Good things: Located near bus terminal, clean toilets I highly recommend to find another place!

I do not know that answer so much bad energy, so good luck Jesper

A small cosy hostell with amazing atmosphere! The owner is great and if you are lucky he might play some ukulele... Great value for money, I would go there again any day!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Finland

It was a bit dirty in the morning

the girl who cleans arrives at 8 am

This hostel is muy muy muy bueno!! Ask the owner about the sunset tradition with german girls!!

• 25th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

After five months travelling in South America from Colombia to Argentina, it’s the first time I really feel obliged to write a hostel-review. I basically cannot understand, why this accommodation gets so good reviews. Take note of the following: - The owner is one of the most disrespectful and arrogant persons I’ve met for my time in the southern continent of America. He never gets up before noon and is therefore absent for new or existing guests. He never cleans something by himself – even the

first about your comment about me, it's your persepcion if you think I'm arrogant, but please my apologies, and the girl cleaning is in the morning, and also I recommend that you'll learn to share with others thanks

Good hostel with really good atmosphere thanks to the owner. I think its the only hostel Ive been to where the owner is more keen on partying than the guests haha! Not a bad thing at all, it makes you feel youre visiting a friend rather than staying at a hostel.

Helpful owner & good atmosphere.

Thanks for your comment that's the idea

It could use a better WiFi. And a host who is not drinking the guest's beer. Atmosphere is good, it's clean.

friend, I do not take your beer :)

Very nice place, if you don't have problem to sleep with a little noise, is a very young people's hostel, the location is very good, and the staff are nice, sometimes can be a little over protector with the ping-pong table. The shower can be a little tricky, but nothing that could ruin the time you spend there.

Thanks for your comment that's the idea

Had a very good time! Could do some tours with Andrés from the hostel which was very nice! It's very very clean,bathroom like at home!

Thanks for your comment that's the idea

Basic accomodation. Nothing special, but also nothing bad.

The owner is the best!

Sure the kitchen isn't what we're accustomed to, and people stay up or get up at random, unfavorable hours, and the internet might not always work, but this is a hostal people, and if you forgot, its in the desert. The owner, Andres is so nice and helpful. The bathrooms have hot water if you want it, and they're cleaned daily. Its a fabulous hostel for meeting people and making friends. But if you like quiet, privacy, lockers and microwaves, stay elsewhere. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

We had the private room and it was clean and comfortable. Andres was helpful with information and had good rates on tours. The kitchen was terrible. The bathrooms were clean. The shower went cold after 2 mins each time I used it but it was so hot Outside i didn't mind too much. Wifi went on and off but worked the majority of the time. It was the cheapest place we could find to book in advance and as such it was fine for us.

The best place to stay in san pedro. The owner is so friendly. Its great to meet other travelers and locals aswell. I will for sure come back. I stayed on week there and was sad to leave! Loved the barbecue night on sunday.

Sol Atacama Hostel was the cheapest and the coolest hostel i could find in San Pedro. Located 5 minutes from downtown, has good vibes and is great place to meet other travelers and make new friends. The owner Andrés will welcome you as to his house, probably you will drink a beer and play ping pong with him. Highly recommend, this is the best hostel where I've never been.

• 21st Nov 2013

Yes, that´s the idea: to have a good time and to be able to creat an environment where everyone can share their experiences with other people all over the world. It´s all about creating a great experience out here in the desert.

View all San Pedro de Atacama Bed and Breakfasts