Sol Atacama Hostel Reviews

Ignacio Carrera Pinto 664, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Cheap price considering average in San Pedro, good atmosphere. We were lucky to have Alejandro and Marcelo help us out!

The hostel was very basic with a tiny kitchen and without any form of beat at night. (It gets very cold.) You need to buy all your own water and may get in trouble if you use too much electricity. It was the cheapest hostel i could find, which was great but the stay felt moré like camping than anything.

We made a booking with this hostel, which we had to cancel due to protests and barricades in Bolivia. When we got there in the end to find out if the booking was actually cancelled, the guy was really unfriendly. I asked someone if he knew the Wifi password and the guy came shouting at me that I cant do that, even though I just had to check my mail for an answer. When we said we wanted to leave he wouldnt even call us a taxi or give us directions. I was shocked about how they treated customers.

We reaĺly like the stuff, Alexandro allways tried to do the best to help us. The hostel itselves is basic, but very clean. P. S. The reall boss is a big white cat called Ryan :)

I was very unimpressed with the staff.. He was always nagging at us and what to do and what not to do.. Was mad at my group when we decided to go with a tour company instead of going through to hostel to tour around the area.

• 22nd May 2014

Very clean and basic hostel for a good price because San Pedro is quite expensive. Showers are good and very clean, too. Lockers would be helpful.

This is a very basic hostel which justifies the lower price. The 8 bed dorm I stayed in was cramped and the kitchen is tiny. It`s essentially a stove and a sink . It is located close to the bus station but is a good 10 minute walk from the town centre. The thing I liked most about this place was the staff who were very friendly. There are only 2 bathrooms but they are clean and there`s hot water for showers. It`s also a good place to meet people as it`s so small and the wifi is reliable.

Incredibly basic but if that is what you are after it will suit you fine. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others. Basically behind bus station, and can be a little hard to find and we ended up walking the wrong way. Remember no breakfast included and check-in is actually 2pm not 12pm. Also you cant stay on past chck-out you gotta take your stuff and leave, a little rough.

Staff is good person and kind. Hot shower is nice. Sunshine is nice to dry towel at noon. Kitchen is not so busy but not many stuffs. I like here. Gracious!!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Japan

Nice and clean. But kitchen not possible to cook in as too small with no appliences.very good value for money though

Very nice and helpful staff. Small hostel, close to busterminal and supermarket. They help you organize your Trips and give good tips.

Great hostel ... and really great owners especially Alejandro who is always around .. constantly cleaning and giving great advice ... thanks a lot once Alejandro !!

A very good cheap hostel, close to town and good atmosphere. Alejandro (I think was his name) who ran the hostel couldn't have been more helpful and a good laugh. Would highly recommend it.

• 10th Apr 2014

alejandro, the permanent worker there, is themost amazing person ever! he took care of us so well, reminding us of drinking enough water, checking our clothes in the morning to give us more jackets so we wont feel cold, and always up for a good conversation or a glass of wine. the rooms are nice,the double especially, the kitchen is tiny and there could be more equipment but its fine for breakfast and pasta. the shower is tricky, i have to admit, but its really the only thing i would change.

Great value hostel! Toilets and showers always very clean. Nice, chilled out atmosphere. Only 5 minute walk from main street with all the restaurants and travel agencies.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Scotland

The owner was really nice, gave us tips for restaurants etc...we stayed in the double room, which was huge and clean. Your also given a front door key so you can come and go as you please, it also makes the place feel secure. The kitchen was a little dirty and lacked in facilities, but its cheap for san pedro so you cant expect much more. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this hostel to our friends.

Staff is very nice, hostel is 10 minutes away from the center of the small town and the central bus station is only a 3 minute walk away. Only negative thing (if you are allergic) is that a cat is running around, also in the bedrooms and bathrooms. All in all a cool hostel, can recommend staying there.

Worst place ever. The owner has a really bad attitude and seems unprofessional. No sleep, a lot of noise. Not cool if you are going out on a tour 4am. Cats in beds, no space in dorm, nasty kitchen, cold or REALLY hot shower, slow wifi in a small area Good things: Located near bus terminal, clean toilets I highly recommend to find another place!

I do not know that answer so much bad energy, so good luck Jesper

A small cosy hostell with amazing atmosphere! The owner is great and if you are lucky he might play some ukulele... Great value for money, I would go there again any day!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Finland

It was a bit dirty in the morning

the girl who cleans arrives at 8 am