Sol Atacama Hostel Reviews

Ignacio Carrera Pinto 664, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was very good. The manager showed us the city and we could ask him every thing we wanna to know.

• 24th Sep 2014

Simple but very cheap! Close the bus terminal, 8min from center

• 13th Sep 2014

Ok for a night. Quite basic hostel but value for money.

The hostel is very much for young people who want to stay there. The facilities included a stove, refrigerator, dishes galore, warm showers, and a fine bed. The main living area is open air so it gets chilly at night. The manager was great and worked with us to book our tours. Not the best place I have ever stayed but I would recommend it based on price, location, and amenities if you are a young person.

• 4th Sep 2014

This place is ridiculous, it's basically like camping. This is not a hostel and there are zero facilities.

Cheap price considering average in San Pedro, good atmosphere. We were lucky to have Alejandro and Marcelo help us out!

After traveling around South America, this hostel will remain in our hearts! Alexandro, the manager, could not have done more for us while we were there - from booking all our trips, to lending us heavy jackets for early mornings (and making us cocoa tea in flasks for those early mornings), he truly went above and beyond the call of duty! Actual hostel is basic, but fine! Hot showers were a welcome treat!

The hostel was very basic with a tiny kitchen and without any form of beat at night. (It gets very cold.) You need to buy all your own water and may get in trouble if you use too much electricity. It was the cheapest hostel i could find, which was great but the stay felt moré like camping than anything.

We made a booking with this hostel, which we had to cancel due to protests and barricades in Bolivia. When we got there in the end to find out if the booking was actually cancelled, the guy was really unfriendly. I asked someone if he knew the Wifi password and the guy came shouting at me that I cant do that, even though I just had to check my mail for an answer. When we said we wanted to leave he wouldnt even call us a taxi or give us directions. I was shocked about how they treated customers.

We reaĺly like the stuff, Alexandro allways tried to do the best to help us. The hostel itselves is basic, but very clean. P. S. The reall boss is a big white cat called Ryan :)

I was very unimpressed with the staff.. He was always nagging at us and what to do and what not to do.. Was mad at my group when we decided to go with a tour company instead of going through to hostel to tour around the area.

• 22nd May 2014

Very clean and basic hostel for a good price because San Pedro is quite expensive. Showers are good and very clean, too. Lockers would be helpful.

This is a very basic hostel which justifies the lower price. The 8 bed dorm I stayed in was cramped and the kitchen is tiny. It`s essentially a stove and a sink . It is located close to the bus station but is a good 10 minute walk from the town centre. The thing I liked most about this place was the staff who were very friendly. There are only 2 bathrooms but they are clean and there`s hot water for showers. It`s also a good place to meet people as it`s so small and the wifi is reliable.

Incredibly basic but if that is what you are after it will suit you fine. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend to others. Basically behind bus station, and can be a little hard to find and we ended up walking the wrong way. Remember no breakfast included and check-in is actually 2pm not 12pm. Also you cant stay on past chck-out you gotta take your stuff and leave, a little rough.

Staff is good person and kind. Hot shower is nice. Sunshine is nice to dry towel at noon. Kitchen is not so busy but not many stuffs. I like here. Gracious!!

Nice and clean. But kitchen not possible to cook in as too small with no appliences.very good value for money though

View all San Pedro de Atacama Bed and Breakfasts