Sol Atacama Hostel Reviews

Ignacio Carrera Pinto 664, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I had already stayed at sol atacama and as it was ok for the cheap price, I decided to come back for one night after my trip to uyuni. When I arrived, the owner told me that they were renovating but that he could bring to the hostel of a friend which was just two houses down the street. At first they offered me a room for 3000 pesos more than I originally booked, but we could agree on 8000 per night which was 1000 more than the original price of sol atacama. Would have been nice to know before.

Very nice and halpful staff. You can order activitise srom the hostel for average pricises. The rooms are clean nice and simple. Very small kitchen. The price is exelent, The locoation is great, very close to the terminal of bus, and like 5 minutes till the main street.

Small basic little hostel, but value for the good price. It is really close to the bus station, not sure why they don't give directions as it is a 2 min walk, and if you arrive late there are no taxis waiting, make sure you have a map ready. Also they should tell you to look for the blue door with yellow sun, as there is no clear sign.

For the price the hostel is ok, but there are better options in the city center for the same price...

Not a great hostel. Not a bad ons either. It is cheap though.

Small but that adds to the atmosphere, staff were helpful

We read the reviews and we decided to stay for 4 days in a private room. We were a little bit afraid of the reviews before getting to the hostel but when we get there we started to wonder what was bad we the hostel. Surprisedly there was nothing bad with it, it was really good. The rooms are ok, clean sheets, clean floor, secure. The bathroom was cleaner that other hostels and they also have a pet bunny called Barzik. The staff is really cool and helpful. Thanks Natasha, Victor and Marcelo.

small kitchen bathrooms were only cleaned every other day

I was a little apprehensive about staying in this hostel after reading previous comments, but I had nothing to worry about. I don't know if the hostel is under new management, but the couple currently running it are lovely- friendly, helpful and sociable. The hostess cleans every morning. Our double room was big, with a great view of the volcano, and nicely furnished. Just a short walk into town, with a friendly atmosphere. Very good value for money.

The manager is absolutely insane. He will make you feel like you live with your parents, except that your parents are Hitlers. He will hassle you for money as soon as you enter, if you leave a plate or cup unwashed for 1min, he will demand you clean it (yet takes his time to do his own), he turns off the wifi when he feels like it, he makes up rules depending on his mood (eg. no drinking after 12am..9pm..ever). He lies. There are many more but no space. Similarly priced hostels DO exist. AVOID!

The guy in charge wasn't there when we were scheduled to arrive. Although a pleasant person, it was selective to certain guests. We were told by other guests our sheets for our beds weren't changed and later witnessed this happening. The rules for drinking changed nightly. There was a ping pong take occupying most of the main room, with no balls to play with.

• 8th Nov 2014

When we arrived the guy tell us that the check in was at 3 pm, however, on the web said that was at 1pm. the room was very dirty, We saw that the sheets were not change for other passengers. The kitchen is just a small thing to put hot water, and it was really dirty. there is not lockers in the dorms just one in the commun area with 4 spaces. there is a table tennis without the ball. not any information about tours. The hostel door was broken so anyone can come in. not hot water at morning time.

Everything was within walking distance. It took about 10mins to walk to San Pedro Downtown. Stuff was nice, friendly and helpful! There was hot water in one shower and the bathrooms as well as the bedrooms were clean.

I have stayed in a lot of hostels and I have never given a bad review, but you must read this... WiFi poor and mostly not available Power turned off intermittently 1 toilet/shower for whole hostel shower broken and barely dribbled water No toilet paper 1 power point for whole dorm Kitchen is laundry No lockers Dog/cat hair all through beds When we told them we wanted to cancel our second night we were told we had to leave by 9am and couldn't leave our gear behind. Staff extremely rude.

View all San Pedro de Atacama Bed and Breakfasts