Sol Atacama Hostel

Fabulous 587 Total Reviews
Fabulous 587 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Aug 2017

Good hostel for the price. Fun meeting people from around the world (my friends and I met British and Belgians). The owners of the hostel are very friendly and helpful- we had not brought towels with us, so they let us borrow some. Facilities mostly clean, but since a woman only comes once a day, the bathrooms can get a little dirty on the floors (though it is a desert, so don't expect to be free from sand 100% of the time). Kitchen was nice for communal cooking. For sure worth the price!

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
5.7

Atmosphere not great, the staff have a shocking taste in music

• England, Couple, 18-24
27th Jul 2017
7.4

Ok hostel, especially just for a nights stay. Staff were very friendly but sometimes absent and couldn't find them (when we wanted to check out there was no one there). Facilities ok and location a bit far out but it's a small town so not a long walk

• zdvonster9109
  • Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Jul 2017
6.9

Not a terrible hostel at all for the price - the showers were fantastic and had hot water! The kitchen, however, is barely workable and our room didn't have any heating. The reception staff often weren't around, we had to let some guests into the hostel. Vibe is super chill though, and it's a nice little quiet spot for the most part.

• lucy_mathers881887
  • Scotland, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017
6.3

never saw staff once in 4 days after I checked in (including 15mins after when looking to ask for wifi had gone!!). couldn't book tours through them as literally never there. If want a hostel to party and meet people this is for you! But if you want to do tours and early starting early AVOID ! I did meet some great people but due to no staff around people partied till 3.30am some nights and when you had a Geyser tour starting at 5am meant no sleep! Beds have plastic round them= noisy to move

16th Jul 2017
8.0

Solid place but not my favorite hostel I've visited. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were somewhat shaky and the mattress were still covered in plastic. With that said, the hostel was very comfortable and a great place to spend time during the day. Outdoor patio is calm and inviting. Hot water always available. Easy walk into town and grocery stores easily accessible. Right around the corner from the bus terminal.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
6.6

The staff was very nice and it was very convenient to book activities through the hostel. However, there was no heating in the rooms and I was freezing to death every night. Furthermore, the internet connection was really slow and there was no hot water at times in the showers. Often the front door was left open, but lockers were available for your valuables. The location was good, however considering the size of San Pedro, that probably applies to all hostels. I wouldn't return to this hostel.

15th Jul 2017
4.9

Very expensive for what you get! Pretty much no one working on reception all day but when you do get them they seem alright.

11th Jul 2017

My friend and I loved this hostel! We stayed for five nights. The workers were all so nice and fun (shoutout to Catherine, Andres, and Marcelo). They even shared alcohol with everyone and had a pizza night. The atmosphere was perfect to make friends from all over the world. The showers were hot, except one time my friend had a cold one. I had to move beds my last night but I personally didn't mind because I had so little things to move. The location is close to the main street too. Would return!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

We had amazing stay here (3 nigts). The beds are really comfy, the wifi is strong, and the showers are hot. The bathrooms are cleaned every day and were great. It is an outdoor complex with the lounge/eating area being in a little out door court yard which means it's cold at night so bring layers of you're eating dinner at the hostel. Lots of big extra blankets in each room to keep you warm at night. Staff was amazing and fun, organized our airport transfer to calamari for us. Great atmosphere

×