Soph & Chris Northern Backpackers Reviews

Agias Theklas 12, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

The reception was in a separate building from the rooms, so you had to go down the tiny elevator, or the stairs, swap buildings, then go back up for breakfast. The toilet seat was detached from the toilet, the shower stunk and flooded, the rooms were tiny there was no where to put your bags. On the up side they had a very secure lockers both in the rooms & basement, and a good laundry (laundry was overpriced). Sensor lights didn't work for long, so you'd be on the toilet/stairs in the dark.

The hostel was great but the showers were not really that good. I would definitely stay there for a sjouke stay in Athens because of the people, location, price, free breakfast, and overall room quality

• 7th Sep 2015

This was a great place to stay. The staff were great and the location was perfect. So easy to get to from the airport and within walking distance of all the major sights. The rooms were big and clean and light and there was air conditioning. The beds were clean and comfortable, I slept really well. The toilets and showers were cleaned regularly. I would highly recommend this hostel - especially for the rooftop bar. A great place to stay!

• 27th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The view on the rooftop... is amazing. It's also easy to meet a lot of people. The location is great and the breakfast is pretty good too! Definitely recommend it. Only problem was waiting 40 minutes to check in but that was only because of the high volume of people in at the same time. Still an amazing hostel though!

It was great, my second time to this hostel. However, to reserve my bed when I arrived i put my alarm clock and a bottle of water, and after i left the cleaning persons came to clean up the room , and when I came back my stuff was gone... So this was deceiving even if they were not valuable.

Thanks, the guy at reception was very kind, everyone really friendly.

Was surprised to see Soph and Chris doesn't really exist, they are just a selection of dorms that is basically Athenstyle Hostel... Which is in a great location but the cleanliness is terrible. The bathrooms were not cleaned once during our 6 night stay! The rooftop bar was awesome... Very average stay at this hostel

Key card didn't work. Staff stressful and didn't help when I needed them. Good location, but very noisy. Worst breakfast ever. Really expensive. The rooms are in another building and many siryans lived there. Quite dangerous.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Worst bathroom But when I got to the roof cafe~ I forgive everything. Cuz it is the best view point in Athena.

Everybody was super friendly and helpful. The showers weren't my favourite, but they aren't the worst I've seen either.

Great staff. Amazing location. Breakfast was womderful. I'd stay here again

The hostel is located in buzzing area of the city. You have flea market, main shopping street and restaurant/bars street nearby. It´s also little bit noisy area especially Saturday night. The hostel has cool atmosphere of travelling backpackers where you can meet people from all over the world.

Good location Not good kitchen (too small) I dont know about rufe top Nd breakfadt

We stayed here two nights for a flying visit of Athens. Location is pretty wonderful, nice and close to The Acropolis, a number of bars and cafes, and public transport. This hostel shares a number of facilities with a neighbouring hostel which is a little confusing at first, but actually makes sense. Their is nothing particularly special about this hostel, but if you are looking for a clean and comfortable bed, fairly clean bathroom facilities, and a descent breakfast then this place will do.

I'd recommend a stay here as we really enjoyed it! Great location and a wonderful atmosphere in the hostel. Only negatives: uncomfortable beds and bugs in the room.

I booked with Soph and Chris but seemed to just stay in Athens Style instead which was fine by me. Staff were really friendly, room was really clean, good atmosphere, very secure with keycards for entrance to building and room, and also larger lockers in room. Also excellent location, walking distance to almost everything in Athens. Only major downside was the wifi wasn't available in rooms and even in the lobby it wasn't very good.

We spent 2 nights in Atenas, the first one we stayed in a 4 beds room, we were 3 girls, that night a boy was going in and out to the room and finally he stay in his bed with a lady, it is supposed that they have cameras in the hostel, but the girl past the night in a single bed with a boy. I do not like this hostel at all.

The main building where the reception, common area and rooftop bar/breakfast area are located is really nice and I imagine the rooms there reflect it. However the hostel has extended into the building next door which feels like you're sleeping in some abandoned apartment building and I sincerely hope the hostel intends to fully remake this section soon because it's just weird. Bathroom doors didn't lock, the rooms reeked of cigarette smoke, and it overall had just a creepy vibe.

Soph & Chris are in the perfect location for all the main sights. I picked this place because of the roof bar -- and it did not disappoint. It was perfect getting to lounge on the roof with a beer watching the sunset over the Acropolis before heading out for dinner. Only complaint was that beds were a little squeaky. Otherwise - fantastic.

We really enjoyed our stay, they even got us some wine and other food items for my partner who has food allergies, very nice touch. The place was large and spacious, quiet and private.

« first « Prev 1 2 3